Netcees  

Go Back   Netcees > Vault > Archives > Art of Writing League Season X > AOWL Season X Archieves
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

User Tag List

Old 05-23-2022, 11:15 PM   #1
Adverse
low tide in serotonin bay

Battle Record: 37-28

Champed
- GWL Picture Challenge
- Guerrilla Writing League
- Black August II

Adverse has a brilliant futureAdverse has a brilliant futureAdverse has a brilliant futureAdverse has a brilliant futureAdverse has a brilliant futureAdverse has a brilliant futureAdverse has a brilliant futureAdverse has a brilliant futureAdverse has a brilliant futureAdverse has a brilliant futureAdverse has a brilliant future
Default WEEK EIGHT CONTENDERS: EVICTION (5-1) vs OBJECTIVE (3-4) EVICTION WINS 3-0

AOWL Season X WEEK EIGHT

@Eviction @Objective

Verse Due: FRIDAY MAY 27TH @ 11:59PM

Line min: 10

Max: 60

Rules: http://www.netcees.org/showthread.php?t=150311

Topic:
[img]https://i.ibb.co/syk6mvr/E6-A25-***-B1-E7-4-F5-B-88-DA-45484-FE7-F63-C.jpg[/img]

GOOD LUCK
Old 05-27-2022, 02:54 AM   #2
Objective
( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)

Battle Record: 17-32

Objective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant future

Asking for EXT

www.youtube.com/watch?v=gV8ozGcGJ6o
Old 05-27-2022, 03:08 AM   #3
Eviction
Detained

Battle Record: 16-11

Eviction Eviction Eviction Eviction Eviction Eviction Eviction Eviction Eviction Eviction Eviction

same
Old 05-28-2022, 07:09 AM   #4
Eviction
Detained

Battle Record: 16-11

Eviction Eviction Eviction Eviction Eviction Eviction Eviction Eviction Eviction Eviction Eviction

I’m choosing to stay grounded because I’m saddened by what happens in flight.
Imagine the blooming agriculture so my brain can process the absence of light.
Silence speaks a thousand words, they called me shy, when I was nonverbal.
A container for the nocturnal, I’m constrained inside pieces from their lost journal.
I said I’m not going to complain, but me being this humble is an act; I’m imitating..
For you criticism is devastating, for me I get off when they're hating, it’s stimulating.
I learned from the hate but never acknowledged it, I guess I fucking loved the test.
They call it self-catering, or selfish, I do whatever it takes to put myself a cut above the rest.
A split personality I said it in jest, even I wonder who I am today until I switch back.
The sky was being illuminated by witchcraft, so I stayed inside where it was pitch black.
I only travel on occasions, so how did I end up with this scar from gravel and abrasions
Staying to myself is a smart plan, that’s how you dodge the shrapnel from invasions.
I gaze at the stars in fragments, it reminds me of being young before I sank into despair.
Clenching on those participation trophies, that’s the only thing I ever handled with care.
You barely see a recluse throw their hands in the air, but I made an exception that night,
And realized criticism helps us prosper, I could ignore the hate or start accepting their right.

I wish I had a reason why I prefer solitary confinement.

I just know sitting on this cozy couch, is a safe place, instead of approaching the badlands.
I handle situations differently, a nosy neighbor is a victim that’s provoking a madman,
Someone should tell them that life ain't all rosy flavor, most of us have to stare at ghosts.
We got better things to do than knock on your door, hope you like the taste of barrel smoke.
I protect mine, it’s like death and taxes because that’s the only thing that’s certain.
Next time you knock on my door, I’ll just say, “pay no attention to that man behind the curtain”
His design is worthless, you can try to mock but you’ll end up in the same predicament.
Old and dysfunctional, except you will only stay inside because of the disfigurement.
You volunteered to be a participant, so your condition is earned and you’ll remain at fault.
If you complain about this loss we’ll ignore your rhetorical statements, they’re a grain of sault.
Who’s going to be there to break your fall, I’ll let you take that plunge without the bungee cord.
Just to see your brains twisted on the pavement, you didn’t deserve to die on a comfy floor.
You heard the lies why did you trust me for? It seems like you created your own malfunctions.
The calm before the store was in the cards before you even saw the clouds coming..
When you gaze at the stars, you predict your demise, like it ain’t already written in stone.
When I gaze at the stars, I’m not sitting at home, because this is where I get rid of your bones.
Place them in this very old box, push it six feet, for extra measures I can tarp the area off.
I got the best of both worlds that night, the night skies, and underneath; your burial spot.

Last edited by Eviction; 05-28-2022 at 07:11 AM.
Old 05-29-2022, 03:31 AM   #5
Objective
( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)

Battle Record: 17-32

Objective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant future
Default no-show verse

Something is growing inside,
can't tell if it echo's my ego or pride.
Can you see it tho? I'm transluscent now.
Is it confusing? How? I guess you don't get it,
which embedded the lie that I'm used to this nuisance.
"Wow!", is what I'm hearing from peers when I speak my mind
and reaffirm all of my fears.
See right through me to a strong but weakened spine.
A seed is planted and it eats me alive.
Start watering pain and adress it as "fine".
The plant breach my structure and climbs to my dome
with its roots devouring pain and made calcium its home.
In effect, is it me or the crop that has grown?
Underneath my skin its leafs tickle my neck,
and feed lies that trickles the wreck and absorb water from sweat.
The tension is set to get it on with attention to threats.
My mind won't mention it yet
and is sworn to a skeleton of regrets.
It's deadly, no use preventing this death
as the night sky luminate what's left of my breath.
I'm facing this, yes. Thus pacing in stress,
but rest assured this guest ain't the end of me yet.
I'd put money on it but I prefer a friendlier bet,
and a healthier debt. Shit, I feel emptier, less...
But standing here naked feels like wearing a heavier dress.
While standing underneath a blue blanket of loss
I hope it won't consume the rest of my thoughts
when it finally blooms and show me
the full extent of its cost.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=gV8ozGcGJ6o

Last edited by Objective; 05-29-2022 at 03:34 AM.
Old 05-29-2022, 06:35 AM   #6
brokenhal0

Battle Record: 12-12=4

Champed
- AOWL Season IX

brokenhal0 has a brilliant futurebrokenhal0 has a brilliant futurebrokenhal0 has a brilliant futurebrokenhal0 has a brilliant futurebrokenhal0 has a brilliant futurebrokenhal0 has a brilliant futurebrokenhal0 has a brilliant futurebrokenhal0 has a brilliant futurebrokenhal0 has a brilliant futurebrokenhal0 has a brilliant futurebrokenhal0 has a brilliant future

Both mc's with strong showings here
objective if the verse was longer and more fleshed out
it would have been much close as this was a near tie
evictions invasive psychological style which has been delivered to near perfection this season
really shined in this verse ...great showing by both manpoets

vote- Eviction
Old 05-29-2022, 01:58 PM   #7
Mike Wrecka
WOW

Battle Record: 29-25

Champed
- Writing Challenge League I

Mike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant future

Eviction- I believe you are he who’s name shall not be spoken? This verse was better than any I’ve ever read from you. You have very long bars and in this particular instance it works well. And I’m not even entirely sure how since you don’t really use inners but it all flows smooth and is a smooth read. And sometimes your end rhymes don’t rhyme to me but that might be an accent discrepancy OR you just feel that every line doesn’t have to rhyme. Which is cool in my book. Overall nice verse

Objective - seems like you gave minimal effort here to avoid a no show. That’s commendable but i don’t have much to say about what you posted here. Respect for showing.

Mvgt - Eviction
Old 06-01-2022, 12:04 AM   #8
Adverse
low tide in serotonin bay

Battle Record: 37-28

Champed
- GWL Picture Challenge
- Guerrilla Writing League
- Black August II

Adverse has a brilliant futureAdverse has a brilliant futureAdverse has a brilliant futureAdverse has a brilliant futureAdverse has a brilliant futureAdverse has a brilliant futureAdverse has a brilliant futureAdverse has a brilliant futureAdverse has a brilliant futureAdverse has a brilliant futureAdverse has a brilliant future

Eviction / this was a lot more abstract than what I’m used to seeing from you, feel like the topic was kind of in the background and not really referred to much. In the vain of your usual work you vented your heart out and had a lot of good imagery and striking emotional bits. Like I’ve said before your writing reminds me of my own before I started doing these watered down shticks. Anyways this wasn’t your best showing but was more than enough here and I liked this but most

“ A split personality I said it in jest, even I wonder who I am today until I switch back.
The sky was being illuminated by witchcraft, so I stayed inside where it was pitch black.
I only travel on occasions, so how did I end up with this scar from gravel and abrasions
Staying to myself is a smart plan, that’s how you dodge the shrapnel from invasions”

Objective:
Yeah you and Master Rock have a similar problem with just not having the time to completely be committed to a piece for the week at hand. Still had some cool bits here but was really underwhelming for a contenders match especially after what we saw last week. Keep writing bud

V/Eviction