Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

User Tag List

Old 03-13-2014, 12:18 AM   #1
Nigma
The COAT...

Battle Record: 28-20

Champed
- Art of Writing League (x3)

Nigma has a brilliant futureNigma has a brilliant futureNigma has a brilliant futureNigma has a brilliant futureNigma has a brilliant futureNigma has a brilliant futureNigma has a brilliant futureNigma has a brilliant futureNigma has a brilliant futureNigma has a brilliant futureNigma has a brilliant future
Default When the Grey Mist Lands

The past can really take you back... But Irelands our native land

Above me, my son Abe is asking, pa pa, why’d you stay? You sat and
Lasted eight years to the day, in fact, Potato Famine taints your land
What Abe don’t grasp, theres ways which we could stay, adapt
Grew a kid of labour, trained to trap. Lay them down in blades of grass
Pray to get a great big catch and gazing at a family, hungry
And a gun goes bang, would scare them, couldn't take the chance
Our aims fantastic, barrelless, it’s arrows in our strained elastics
Drag it back for Mama who would bag the meat that's bad, then
Me and dad, as hunters, take the sack as bait to catch it’s mate
Maintain the stash we ate from, trait of man to take no glamour
Stacked beside the gate we had a paved-in patch to axe swing
And the blade would slash the oak tree at an angle, into fractions
I would take them to the stove so we could bake them into rations
Because Mama made the pasta dashed with basil, glazed in flax seed
But the ache still stabs me, damn, it takes me back, the seasons changing
No more people out this way, so the meals were samples, all occasions
It had seared your Grandma badly, she appeared so hollow, vacant
And one day, exhaustion takes her. Certain fact, her cheeks amazing
So we ate her, sadly, she was first to pass and she looked tasty…
But we made it, days grew happier, the pain was soothed away
And we grew a great potato crop, the same way that it used to be.
I married off a maiden, she got pregnant and produced you, Abe
You grew up raised to wait your turn, to stomach every vegetable
That sometimes they are scarce, so taste is nothing, its digestible
If nothing, it will rescue you from suffering, a lesson for what's coming
The men said plague is coming back, it’s stressful but it’s coming
I mentioned to your Mom that my repentance had been summoned
Cause my energy had plummeted, my mettles an encumbrance
So the day that I drew breathless she dissected me to eat, like deer
The reason that you're even here regretting what your teeth had pierced
You stand beside my tomb, alive, and grieving through a sea of tears
From underneath my grave I say these words I wish that he could hear
Old 03-14-2014, 01:34 PM   #2
Nigma
The COAT...

Champed

Nigma has a brilliant futureNigma has a brilliant futureNigma has a brilliant futureNigma has a brilliant futureNigma has a brilliant futureNigma has a brilliant futureNigma has a brilliant futureNigma has a brilliant futureNigma has a brilliant futureNigma has a brilliant futureNigma has a brilliant future

Elevation
Old 03-16-2014, 08:32 PM   #3
Nigma
The COAT...

Champed

me so hungy
Old 03-25-2014, 06:19 PM   #4
Nigma
The COAT...

Champed

Starvin Marvin here bros
Old 03-25-2014, 06:34 PM   #5
Just Write

Battle Record: 9-12

Just Write has a brilliant futureJust Write has a brilliant futureJust Write has a brilliant futureJust Write has a brilliant futureJust Write has a brilliant futureJust Write has a brilliant futureJust Write has a brilliant futureJust Write has a brilliant futureJust Write has a brilliant futureJust Write has a brilliant futureJust Write has a brilliant future

This was cool, almost too many rhymes ahaha. I got stuck in a couple spots. Looked like you were just messin around with some different schemes and shit. Gotta be the first poem ive ever heard talking about flax seed lol. Why dont you sign up for the AWOL league man? I'd love to read your pieces if you participated. Anyways as far as this piece goes it was technically sound with perfect mechanics it was just the story itself that kind of bored me. Usually im all over your stuff though. Keep dropping. If you get a second to peep my latest id appreciate it also. Stay up bro
Old 03-25-2014, 08:59 PM   #6
Nigma
The COAT...

Champed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Write View Post
This was cool, almost too many rhymes ahaha. I got stuck in a couple spots. Looked like you were just messin around with some different schemes and shit. Gotta be the first poem ive ever heard talking about flax seed lol. Why dont you sign up for the AWOL league man? I'd love to read your pieces if you participated. Anyways as far as this piece goes it was technically sound with perfect mechanics it was just the story itself that kind of bored me. Usually im all over your stuff though. Keep dropping. If you get a second to peep my latest id appreciate it also. Stay up bro
Thank you for reading. I've opened the sign in thread several times to sign in but then I see the 'vote on battles before sign in' rule and say fuck that lol. Maybe I'll sign in for a week tho, don't think I have anything comin up
Old 03-25-2014, 09:23 PM   #7
Sick
t00 0riginal 4 u

Battle Record: 7-1

Sick has a brilliant futureSick has a brilliant futureSick has a brilliant futureSick has a brilliant futureSick has a brilliant futureSick has a brilliant futureSick has a brilliant futureSick has a brilliant futureSick has a brilliant futureSick has a brilliant futureSick has a brilliant future
Send a message via ICQ to Sick Send a message via AIM to Sick Send a message via MSN to Sick Send a message via Yahoo to Sick Send a message via Skype™ to Sick

Stacked beside the gate we had a paved-in patch to axe swing
And the blade would slash the oak tree at an angle, into fractions
I would take them to the stove so we could bake them into rations
Because Mama made the pasta dashed with basil, glazed in flax seed

Dope
Sick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 10:04 PM   #8
PancakeBrah
SOBER

Battle Record: 2-5

Champed
- AOWL Season 2

PancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond repute

@Witty
And the ditch in the back road stop
Could you find me?
PancakeBrah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 10:15 PM   #9
Ghost1

Battle Record: 0-1

Ghost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant future

I stopped readong after.like 8bars cuz fuck ur history lesson tbcancer. Im trynna read sum gun bars an some brag schemes.

Fuckin history channel.meets maya blandgelou

Shit was wack

Foh
Not saying being drunk doesn’t mess up you reasoning. I’m turning 20 soon so I haven’t had a drink ever.
Ghost1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 10:52 AM   #10
razor wayans damon blades

razor wayans damon blades has a brilliant futurerazor wayans damon blades has a brilliant futurerazor wayans damon blades has a brilliant futurerazor wayans damon blades has a brilliant futurerazor wayans damon blades has a brilliant futurerazor wayans damon blades has a brilliant futurerazor wayans damon blades has a brilliant futurerazor wayans damon blades has a brilliant futurerazor wayans damon blades has a brilliant futurerazor wayans damon blades has a brilliant futurerazor wayans damon blades has a brilliant future

@Bags was this complicated?

HAHA!

i think this was cool, @Sick quoted the piece i liked. The essay type vibe i got from this turned me off in spots but the overall theme and message was greatly enjoyed. nice @Nigma
razor wayans damon blades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 06:29 PM   #11
Ghost1

Battle Record: 0-1

Ghost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant future

Cool name

I invented u

Thats my joke.

Dickriding faggot.

Quote me where i said it was complex

Shits just boring as fuck

Fuck i wanna hear u rap about the potato famine in ireland for....lol...ok trill nye
Not saying being drunk doesn’t mess up you reasoning. I’m turning 20 soon so I haven’t had a drink ever.
Ghost1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 06:46 PM   #12
Fig
Om

Battle Record: 8-16

Fig has a brilliant futureFig has a brilliant futureFig has a brilliant futureFig has a brilliant futureFig has a brilliant futureFig has a brilliant futureFig has a brilliant futureFig has a brilliant futureFig has a brilliant futureFig has a brilliant futureFig has a brilliant future

@oats
Old 03-26-2014, 09:51 PM   #13
Nigma
The COAT...

Champed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bags View Post
Cool name

I invented u

Thats my joke.

Dickriding faggot.

Quote me where i said it was complex

Shits just boring as fuck

Fuck i wanna hear u rap about the potato famine in ireland for....lol...ok trill nye
Everyone likes cannabilism tho.. THANKS FOR TRYIN MAN, we'll hook up on a gunz n schemes collab on the flipside.

Ty for reading ereyone