Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Old 12-22-2022, 09:30 PM   #1
brokenhal0

Battle Record: 12-12=4

Champed
- AOWL Season IX

brokenhal0 has a brilliant futurebrokenhal0 has a brilliant futurebrokenhal0 has a brilliant futurebrokenhal0 has a brilliant futurebrokenhal0 has a brilliant futurebrokenhal0 has a brilliant futurebrokenhal0 has a brilliant futurebrokenhal0 has a brilliant futurebrokenhal0 has a brilliant futurebrokenhal0 has a brilliant futurebrokenhal0 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by symetrik View Post
@brokenhal0

not sway but honestly curious how you read some of the lines (so I understand how other people read my shit) - not that it'll really change the way I write lmao... just wanna see when I'm going too far into my own head.

does this help? https://voca.ro/1bA8PxPF6stM

definitely, a long line that entered a different cadence so I feel you.

I won't touch on the fucking BARS THAT WAS.

you totally swayed bro lmao --- it's cool -- my arrogance and questionably weird subject matter has always had it's fans/critics since I started writing here.. but in terms of that story alone and this is me being subjective as the reader
it lost cadence flow bboyism in certain areas but that's just my take .. I had to vote cause it was pretty much a tie ''almost'' i thought your overall creativity was better then pharaohs army.. but certain wording just did not keep your cypher in motion...
as you can see whenever i drop beats with my verses there's a certain tempo style rhythm I personally enjoy writing and reading... it's not that you should change your writing it's the delivery to me personally as a reader on how it makes me feel reading as ''you"" while also being ''me'' if that makes any sense.
and when i say thing's like ''soft'' i don't mean it personally cause i don't even fucking know you ...i mean it in terms of the feeling it induces it's some shit a kid that shoved into a locker might say or the guy who get's beat up at the bar infront of his girlfriend after he started the fight lmao it breaks a certain standard on what i look for.. that ''battle'' or ''street'' aspect hip hop is based on... for lack of better term ... but once again it's subjective ... my style of hiphop is different then your's and that's the beauty of the art...

Last edited by brokenhal0; 12-22-2022 at 09:46 PM.
Old 12-22-2022, 10:03 PM   #2
symetrik

Battle Record: 5-7

symetrik has a brilliant futuresymetrik has a brilliant futuresymetrik has a brilliant futuresymetrik has a brilliant futuresymetrik has a brilliant futuresymetrik has a brilliant futuresymetrik has a brilliant futuresymetrik has a brilliant futuresymetrik has a brilliant futuresymetrik has a brilliant futuresymetrik has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by brokenhal0 View Post
you totally swayed bro lmao --- it's cool -- my arrogance and questionably weird subject matter has always had it's fans/critics since I started writing here.. but in terms of that story alone and this is me being subjective as the reader
it lost cadence flow bboyism in certain areas but that's just my take .. I had to vote cause it was pretty much a tie ''almost'' i thought your overall creativity was better then pharaohs army.. but certain wording just did not keep your cypher in motion...
as you can see whenever i drop beats with my verses there's a certain tempo style rhythm I personally enjoy writing and reading... it's not that you should change your writing it's the delivery to me personally as a reader on how it makes me feel reading as ''you"" while also being ''me'' if that makes any sense.
and when i say thing's like ''soft'' i don't mean it personally cause i don't even fucking know you ...i mean it in terms of the feeling it induces it's some shit a kid that shoved into a locker might say or the guy who get's beat up at the bar infront of his girlfriend after he started the fight lmao it breaks a certain standard on what i look for.. that ''battle'' or ''street'' aspect hip hop is based on... for lack of better term ... but once again it's subjective ... my style of hiphop is different then your's and that's the beauty of the art...
kewl, I appreciate the extra feedback. I'm just here to write and get better lol
Closed Thread