Netcees  

Go Back   Netcees > Forum > Discussion Board
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

User Tag List

Old 03-24-2018, 01:25 PM   #41
Eŋg
rhyme capsule.

Eŋg Eŋg Eŋg Eŋg Eŋg Eŋg Eŋg Eŋg Eŋg Eŋg Eŋg

i liked the movie, btw. t'challa's dialogue with his father in the ancestral plain lit with a purple-sky, erik killmonger's mirrored scene with his pops where the same sky can only be seen through shitty project windows, and the final dialogue between the two cousins were all dope.

but there are a lot of problems with it, and with the (overwhelmingly) positive reaction from its demograph. no one thinks for themselves anymore it's depressing.
Eŋg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2018, 01:34 PM   #42
ACTIVATE SELF

Battle Record: 2-1

Champed
- Art of Writing League

ACTIVATE SELF has a brilliant futureACTIVATE SELF has a brilliant futureACTIVATE SELF has a brilliant futureACTIVATE SELF has a brilliant futureACTIVATE SELF has a brilliant futureACTIVATE SELF has a brilliant futureACTIVATE SELF has a brilliant futureACTIVATE SELF has a brilliant futureACTIVATE SELF has a brilliant futureACTIVATE SELF has a brilliant futureACTIVATE SELF has a brilliant future

It was sadly only just a movie. But 90% of the population doesn't read or travel enough to formulate an educated perspective on the world. But they do watch television, go to the movies and listen to music. Three forms of media that have historically been used to condition the mind via social engineering. For instance, there is a reason it was once called tv "programing". In any case, showing strong and prominent African Americans on screen. In a positive light. Does have a physiological effect on young and impressionable minds. There is no doubt what Eng said is true. It is a Disney film after all. A company that is at the pinnacle of subversive and subliminal imagery and messaging. However, that is only one side of the coin. Because Black Panther (on a microcosmic level), much like the tenure of former President Obama, may not be perfect, may even have a hidden agenda, but the superficial symbology of what it represent for black and brown people the world over is a powerful thing. Art has long imitated life, but it seems over the last century or so, in many instances, the opposite has been true. Thus saying, the more movies we have like Black Panther the more the world's view of certain subgroups of people will start to change. Of course this argument is independent of economic and political inequalities. I'm just speaking on social perspectives in terms of media influence that can have a real effect on altering stereotypical points of view.

Last edited by ACTIVATE SELF; 03-24-2018 at 02:00 PM.
ACTIVATE SELF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2018, 01:41 PM   #43
ACTIVATE SELF

Champed
- Art of Writing League

ACTIVATE SELF has a brilliant futureACTIVATE SELF has a brilliant futureACTIVATE SELF has a brilliant futureACTIVATE SELF has a brilliant futureACTIVATE SELF has a brilliant futureACTIVATE SELF has a brilliant futureACTIVATE SELF has a brilliant futureACTIVATE SELF has a brilliant futureACTIVATE SELF has a brilliant futureACTIVATE SELF has a brilliant futureACTIVATE SELF has a brilliant future

If one wants to change the world he must first start by changing the way that people look at it. Weapons and armies can only do so much. Men can eventually be defeated. Ideas. Well, ideas are a harder thing to extinguish.

Last edited by ACTIVATE SELF; 03-24-2018 at 02:02 PM.
Old 03-24-2018, 01:59 PM   #44
ACTIVATE SELF

Champed
- Art of Writing League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost1 View Post
It was that deep tho. The metaphor for racial disparity among African Americans and Africans alone was hugely thought provoking and also insightful towards the loss of individual cultures due to globalization/Americanization in which uniformity is taking the place of unique local traditions accross the board for ALL nationalities worldwide with persistent efforts towards equality at the price of neglecting tribal family values.

It's not that it wasn't deep....you're just not a deep thinker.
Excellent point.
Old 03-24-2018, 02:21 PM   #45
veritas
HALL OF FAME

Battle Record: 3-5

veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas

No love for Logan? Ouch.
The cerebral assassin, the molder of minds, the Omni potent being. Time transcending traveler, wisdom incarnate. Veritas needs no intro but I guess I have to. He’s not know in the battling world but who doesn’t know veritas? The guy us always original and if you pay attention to his bars, dude brings the heat.. The gawd.
veritas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2018, 02:30 PM   #46
big baby
obsessed

Battle Record: Faggot-1

Accomplishments
- can recite entirety of shrek 2

Champed
- tangoed with spider man behind scenes in spider-man 2
- was candidate for gerber baby 3x
- smush parker like bb comment on instagram saying "u fucka suck idiyote"
- smush beer on head and didn't cry
- parallel parked in between 2 ferrari's in tonky truck once
- when saying pledge of allegiance i said "i don't" lmao deadass bb satan
- won tshirt from taco bell saying "taco cat" is the same backwards for filling out 500 surveys in a
- neighbor house caught on fire i call FIRE department and saved lives, was in newspaper
- set neighbor house on fire lmao
- fuck neighbor husband and wife
- first fish caught resembled david ortiz
- colin kaepernick
- related to genghis khan
- elected assistant to the vice president assistant to the president for regional chess club
- never lost game of hide and seek

big baby has a brilliant futurebig baby has a brilliant futurebig baby has a brilliant futurebig baby has a brilliant futurebig baby has a brilliant futurebig baby has a brilliant futurebig baby has a brilliant futurebig baby has a brilliant futurebig baby has a brilliant futurebig baby has a brilliant futurebig baby has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to big baby

i echo bagga....'let uniforms worn by african negro baseball teams were dirty and a metaphor for dirt but then that all changed when the fire nation attacked (white ppl) it was thought proving and also insightful towards the loss of resodocuall vultures who were out to eat flesh of blacks and browns alike..... the americanization of all nations listed worldwide is a local tradition like christmas and evangelism..... towards equality at the price of a chili dog and neglecting as good value at family dollar... it wasn't that u not deep it's just u not deep thinka
If mentioned in a discussion its who'd still use wordy lines and act all dope
Then again hes had this schtick so long he like bb da bb da bb thats all folks
big baby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2018, 02:31 PM   #47
Eŋg
rhyme capsule.

Eŋg Eŋg Eŋg Eŋg Eŋg Eŋg Eŋg Eŋg Eŋg Eŋg Eŋg

Quote:
Originally Posted by veritas View Post
No love for Logan? Ouch.
I mentioned this the last time I saw a thread about BP.
Eŋg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2018, 02:32 PM   #48
veritas
HALL OF FAME

Battle Record: 3-5

veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas

Word.
The cerebral assassin, the molder of minds, the Omni potent being. Time transcending traveler, wisdom incarnate. Veritas needs no intro but I guess I have to. He’s not know in the battling world but who doesn’t know veritas? The guy us always original and if you pay attention to his bars, dude brings the heat.. The gawd.
veritas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2018, 02:35 PM   #49
Ghost1

Battle Record: 0-1

Ghost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by big baby View Post
i echo bagga....'let uniforms worn by african negro baseball teams were dirty and a metaphor for dirt but then that all changed when the fire nation attacked (white ppl) it was thought proving and also insightful towards the loss of resodocuall vultures who were out to eat flesh of blacks and browns alike..... the americanization of all nations listed worldwide is a local tradition like christmas and evangelism..... towards equality at the price of a chili dog and neglecting as good value at family dollar... it wasn't that u not deep it's just u not deep thinka
Annihilated
Ghost1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2018, 02:36 PM   #50
ACTIVATE SELF

Champed
- Art of Writing League

Logan is top 5.
Blade is as well.
I think I'm in the minority, but I always thought Constantine was pretty good for a comic flick.
Old 03-24-2018, 02:44 PM   #51
Ghost1

Battle Record: 0-1

Ghost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant future

Spiderman 2 w toby is top5 an always gets slept on
Ghost1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2018, 03:09 PM   #52
Chamber
The conquer.

Accomplishments
- Hall of Fame

Champed
- Fight Night 8
- Fight Night 9

Chamber has a brilliant futureChamber has a brilliant futureChamber has a brilliant futureChamber has a brilliant futureChamber has a brilliant futureChamber has a brilliant futureChamber has a brilliant futureChamber has a brilliant futureChamber has a brilliant futureChamber has a brilliant futureChamber has a brilliant future

infinity wars gonna be Goat tho.

but Winter solider is the best marvel movie fuck wat ya heard boi.
Old 03-24-2018, 03:13 PM   #53
Batty
that nigga

Batty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond repute

Gotta agree with ncgs on Winter Soldier. Bucky was a fucking G in that shit too.

The first Guardians of the galaxy is up there too tho tbh. That shit was what new Star Wars wish it could be in space genre.

to me, it's really a matter of what type of movie you like best. Like, the first 2 thor movies took themselves seriously, but Ragnarok was funny af. But, cottdamn bros, Hulk vs Thor in the arena was childhood dream come true and it was even better than I could dream up.

Winter Soldier was a spy thriller type flick like Jason Bourne or Mission Impossible but better.

I ain't seen Black Panther yet. When I was about to see it, the NAACP was renting entire screening rooms for private viewings and I was like, nah, this has gotten too silly, I will wait.

The only real beef ive seen ppl having with it was women saving the day like the sjws love now and some of the cg looking dated.

that last Star Wars movie was sjw cringe trash city.
Batty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2018, 03:33 PM   #54
Enbombz
Not Joog

Battle Record: 9-5

Enbombz has a brilliant futureEnbombz has a brilliant futureEnbombz has a brilliant futureEnbombz has a brilliant futureEnbombz has a brilliant futureEnbombz has a brilliant futureEnbombz has a brilliant futureEnbombz has a brilliant futureEnbombz has a brilliant futureEnbombz has a brilliant futureEnbombz has a brilliant future

Quote:
It was that deep tho. The metaphor for racial disparity among African Americans and Africans alone was hugely thought provoking and also insightful towards the loss of individual cultures due to globalization/Americanization in which uniformity is taking the place of unique local traditions accross the board for ALL nationalities worldwide with persistent efforts towards equality at the price of neglecting tribal family values.

It's not that it wasn't deep....you're just not a deep thinker.
not a deep thinker it is then. The armoured rhino's metaphor was touching though.
Enbombz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2018, 03:44 PM   #55
ACTIVATE SELF

Champed
- Art of Writing League

Lol smh
Old 03-24-2018, 04:04 PM   #56
Enbombz
Not Joog

Battle Record: 9-5

Enbombz has a brilliant futureEnbombz has a brilliant futureEnbombz has a brilliant futureEnbombz has a brilliant futureEnbombz has a brilliant futureEnbombz has a brilliant futureEnbombz has a brilliant futureEnbombz has a brilliant futureEnbombz has a brilliant futureEnbombz has a brilliant futureEnbombz has a brilliant future

But in all seriousness I don't know what I really got from it.

I mean the "we don't get involved in anyone's affairs" seemed like a dig at America world police. Then when they concluded they should be getting involved it felt they only said that they shouldn't get involved so they could say they really should I.e they do the right thing.

The deepest bit was that they had to create a fake country so there would be a advanced and wealthy country in Africa. I think life's a bit deeper than the movie the movie just scraped the surface.
Enbombz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2018, 04:23 PM   #57
ACTIVATE SELF

Champed
- Art of Writing League

I think the best thing about the movie is that it sparked dialogue. It's interesting to see the different points of view and interpretations people had about it.
Old 03-24-2018, 04:26 PM   #58
Inno
Ad mini tator

Battle Record: 26-54

Champed
- Lime Green Poetry Association
- Black August
- 1-2 Punch League

Inno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Spiderman 2 w toby is top5 an always gets slept on
Bruh I dunno why Toby gets so much hate spider 2 was fucking awesome. And @ACTIVATE SELF Constantine is one of my favorite movies. It has one of the greatest cameos I think in movie history. The guy who played the devil dam near made it s classic for me lol. And John wick never disappoints
Inno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2018, 04:29 PM   #59
Inno
Ad mini tator

Battle Record: 26-54

Champed
- Lime Green Poetry Association
- Black August
- 1-2 Punch League

Inno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond repute

It doesn’t matter what or how you feel about the movie.

When you see little black and brown kids excited to see soem one that looks like them on tv and they aren’t playing a rapper, gang banger, poorr, janitor roll. THAT is what is most important thImg about making movies like these.

Representation goes a long way. It’s why shows like the Cosby show and this movie are so important.
Inno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2018, 04:30 PM   #60
ACTIVATE SELF

Champed
- Art of Writing League

Bruh, when I think of movie devils that's like the first thing that comes to mind.

Tags
logan handjob massacre, ragnorok for goldblum