Witty
Lime Life

Battle Record: 30-41

Accomplishments
- Only Slightly Retarded

Champed
- Lyric Olympics
- Summer Classic

Witty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant future

Your refusal to listen to constructive criticism will stop you improving.

Witty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2016, 03:10 PM   #82
Witty
Lime Life

Battle Record: 30-41

Accomplishments
- Only Slightly Retarded

Champed
- Lyric Olympics
- Summer Classic

Witty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant future

And like Uh-Oh said, be your own biggest critic.

I hate nearly everything I've ever written, but others seem to like what I write.

Witty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2016, 03:18 PM   #83
Finnydot

Champed
- Beat Battle I

Finnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant future

I also has a long winded response. Typed it all on my phone too and now I'm on my PC, this is so much easier.

Basically I was saying yet again that millz complaint was a legitimate complaint, but I dismissed it because what he was complaining about was the actual style I was going for. But like I always, I read his response and tried to respond without dismissing his advice, but rather regurgitating what he said as confirmation I understood his complaint and attempted to show gratitude for him even giving me a listen.

I literally tried to squeeze everything positive I could out of his post. Assimilate and process, move on was the entire thought process in that post.

As far as you go...

You know I hear everything you say. You're the only one who hasn't dogged me to death over the years and always attempt to give me some sort of pat on the back even tho you don't necessarily care for all my shit.

I'm 30 years old now. I'm passed the point of feeling like I should hang it up, or quit just because some kids on the internet don't like it. I actually stopped for about 4-5 years because a number of reasons... Had a kid, depression, lack of an audience, that whole thing.

What I've come to find is that I'm not worried about success at this point. It's straight catharsis for me. Now, in the back of my head there is still the part of me that wants to impress, or get some sort of positive feedback because that's the GOOD, right? That's a BONUS if you will to me sitting back and saying "you know... that's actually kinda decent."

My argument to the whole "if I don't listen to anyone I'm never going to get better" is I've been listening to people online for over 15 years and if I'm not "better" by now then I'm probably never going to be. In my opinion, it feels like half the people that post in my threads don't even care to listen, they just wanna throw some shit at me.

So the people who DO listen, I try to say shit like "thanks man, I appreciate the listen" and take some cliff notes, stick'em in the back of my head and hope the next time I do something they think it's an improvement. However, once you work the same equation over and over and over and over and you keep getting the same sum, at some point you gotta change the equation.

If I've stagnated, or regressed, or I just plain flat out am just going to suck at this the rest of my life, then what is the goal I'm trying to achieve? Peace in my heart, man. That's it.

If you haven't noticed my writing has gotten much more personal over the past even few months then I don't know what to tell you.

I'm never going to be Talib and have the back packers dissecting every line trying to figure out what i REALLY meant, and I'm not going to be a jay-z that can do it off the top of his head and sell millions. I just try to write for myself and if people enjoy it, that's fine.

Expect the worst and if you get a halfway decent comment then that's why you do it.

I've always been the guy lacking a filter from my brain to the keys, so you know any post about my music is going to be long and detailed. Which gives the impression that I'm salty or that I'm trying too hard to convince someone else and it comes across as contrived or forced.

Essentially, I know who I am now. I'm trying to learn to be okay with that.

If you don't like this one, maybe next one might be decent.
Finnydot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2016, 03:26 PM   #84
Finnydot

Champed
- Beat Battle I

Finnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witty View Post
And like Uh-Oh said, be your own biggest critic.

I hate nearly everything I've ever written, but others seem to like what I write.
I'm too big a critic of myself in every other aspect of my life that it paralyzes me. If you knew me longer you'd know exactly what I mean. I'm socially awkward, I'm not a hard worker. Hell, I'm not even as smart as I used to think I was. I understand my short comings, but it's been an impossible task for me to rise above my personality defects and lead a normal life. That's why when I write something, I write till I'm satisfied. Maybe that's the dichotomy that's been holding me back the longest. Idk, I'm not a psychologist.

Self analysis and attempting to improve oneself financially, emotionally, and even spiritually are all just causes. However, when I've failed at every single one of those and my coping mechanism is recording? You tend to roll with what you put out. As stated, if someone likes it or considers it an improvement on the last one, all you can do is appreciate it even more.
Old 12-17-2016, 04:24 PM   #85
Diode
PR's Finest

Battle Record: 12-7

Diode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond repute

nothing ever changes.

"your critique isn't wrong, but let me tell you why it's wrong JUST IN THIS INSTANCE OK"

does it ever get old for you?
Old 12-17-2016, 04:39 PM   #86
Finnydot

Champed
- Beat Battle I

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diode View Post
nothing ever changes.

"your critique isn't wrong, but let me tell you why it's wrong JUST IN THIS INSTANCE OK"

does it ever get old for you?
No, what does get old is your constant ridicule and the total lack of respect for an art form that your site is SUPPOSED to support. You now own 2 different websites where you've single handedly driven your active members away from your stone casting. You wanna throw everyone else under the bus for creating but you don't create anything yourself. You're literally a drain on something you pay the bills for.

Lemme ask you a legit question. When was the last time you checked anyone's music here, let alone my own?

Why don't you do something productive with your opportunities? You have enough knowledge of hosting, security, and basic design you could have done something like host a Ben Grimm album on PR as an exclusive. Or had an actual tournament to promote the culture of what these text clowns try to imitate?

The one difference between me and everyone else is regardless of what people say I still serve it up. You may hate the chef, hate his meal, but you're sitting on prime real estate, yet not providing someone else the opportunity to capitalize on your resources.

Instead of putting me down the last decade plus, you could have contributed in my development in some sort of positive light. Say my songs are terrrrrrrrrribble, whatever. Doesn't change the fact a lot of people have liked my beats over the years. Why not have an embedded plug in for either PR or here and market me and uh oh beats?

Do SOMETHING instead of running people off or talking shit at people who are actual contributers?
You're contribution to hip hop has been 2 failed hip hop sites.

My contributions have been 15 years of CREATING.
Old 12-17-2016, 04:53 PM   #87
Diode
PR's Finest

Diode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinity Tha rellik View Post
No, what does get old is your constant ridicule and the total lack of respect for an art form that your site is SUPPOSED to support. You now own 2 different websites where you've single handedly driven your active members away from your stone casting. You wanna throw everyone else under the bus for creating but you don't create anything yourself. You're literally a drain on something you pay the bills for.

Lemme ask you a legit question. When was the last time you checked anyone's music here, let alone my own?

Why don't you do something productive with your opportunities? You have enough knowledge of hosting, security, and basic design you could have done something like host a Ben Grimm album on PR as an exclusive. Or had an actual tournament to promote the culture of what these text clowns try to imitate?

The one difference between me and everyone else is regardless of what people say I still serve it up. You may hate the chef, hate his meal, but you're sitting on prime real estate, yet not providing someone else the opportunity to capitalize on your resources.

Instead of putting me down the last decade plus, you could have contributed in my development in some sort of positive light. Say my songs are terrrrrrrrrribble, whatever. Doesn't change the fact a lot of people have liked my beats over the years. Why not have an embedded plug in for either PR or here and market me and uh oh beats?

Do SOMETHING instead of running people off or talking shit at people who are actual contributers?
You're contribution to hip hop has been 2 failed hip hop sites.

My contributions have been 15 years of CREATING.
i ran PR from 2005 forward. lithix literally set up vb and bailed.

you're a moron who thinks the next great rap star is coming from an antiquated internet forum

stahp

just

stahp

what killed forums? social media.

moron.
Old 12-17-2016, 04:59 PM   #88
Finnydot

Champed
- Beat Battle I

I'm not saying I am or anyone else is going to "blow up" but you could contribute SOMETHING other than tearing people down all the time.

I can admit I'm a worthless piece of shit, but you can't even admit to yourself your an asshole.
Old 12-19-2016, 07:23 PM   #89
Stayt

Stayt has a brilliant futureStayt has a brilliant futureStayt has a brilliant futureStayt has a brilliant futureStayt has a brilliant futureStayt has a brilliant futureStayt has a brilliant futureStayt has a brilliant futureStayt has a brilliant futureStayt has a brilliant futureStayt has a brilliant future

Having an outlet is good, for the most part, but you've been pretty bad at rap for decades now. I think there is a much better use of your time. Not even hating. The image doesn't work for you. The rapping doesn't work. I mean.. I haven't been on the boards in forever, but it always seemed that you'd do much better by giving up rap and going a different route.
Stayt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2016, 11:43 PM   #90
Finnydot

Champed
- Beat Battle I

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stayt View Post
Having an outlet is good, for the most part, but you've been pretty bad at rap for decades now. I think there is a much better use of your time. Not even hating. The image doesn't work for you. The rapping doesn't work. I mean.. I haven't been on the boards in forever, but it always seemed that you'd do much better by giving up rap and going a different route.
It's just funny to me because the internet kids all hate my shit but all of my 10-20 friends i still have in the real world all tell me to keep focusing on what I want to do and are actually supportive.

I'm not the most popular person even in the real world, but everyone I know says to keep it up.

If I listened to everyone here I woulda put a gun in my mouth a long time ago.
Old 12-20-2016, 06:42 AM   #91
uh-oh
DA GOD

Battle Record: 1-0

Champed
- Beat Battle II
- Beat Battle V
- Beat Bags

uh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant future

yea you don't gotta take the negatives to heart

all i was saying is if you want to continue to get better you can't be content with where you are already at. you gotta pick apart your own music for flaws that you can see, and moving forward make music with that in mind. constantly work to be better. nothing is more embarrassing to me than listening to something i made in 08 for example. there is so much shit i wouldn't let slide now.

my problem is i peaked in 2012 lol. i havent really gotten better. i've made beats i like more than beats i made then, but skillwise i'm stagnant

but word i'd never tell you to stop. i'm not a fan of your rapping, but i'm not a fan of the vast majority of rappers. thats preferential shit. your good though keep banging out
Old 12-20-2016, 11:43 AM   #92
Finnydot

Champed
- Beat Battle I

Quote:
Originally Posted by uh-oh View Post
yea you don't gotta take the negatives to heart

all i was saying is if you want to continue to get better you can't be content with where you are already at. you gotta pick apart your own music for flaws that you can see, and moving forward make music with that in mind. constantly work to be better. nothing is more embarrassing to me than listening to something i made in 08 for example. there is so much shit i wouldn't let slide now.

my problem is i peaked in 2012 lol. i havent really gotten better. i've made beats i like more than beats i made then, but skillwise i'm stagnant

but word i'd never tell you to stop. i'm not a fan of your rapping, but i'm not a fan of the vast majority of rappers. thats preferential shit. your good though keep banging out
I hear you...

But no one hears me. LOL

specifically in the LAST SONG i posted i started the second verse STRICTLY talking about this SPECIFIC subject.

Turns out you were right about everything/
Can't hold a job down, can't do anything/
Tried to do the rap thing, still ain't made a dollar/
What a fuckin tragedy, guess it had to be the product like...
The beats are fine, you're voice OK/
But wit every single line have some shit to say/

ALL THAT SHIT IS SUPER SIMPLE, RIGHT?!

ABC rhymes, wack shit.

But then I go into..

So this track's dedicated to the homies and the ladies/
Wit a goal of getting faded for a whole new situation/
I know I'm kinda crazy, I don't need another baby/
I just wanna get to know you have a little conversation/
Maybe later we could ride like, nowhere in particular/
I'm tired of acting smart, I ain't always this articulate/
Seems so ridiculous, specially if I ain't hittin it/
I ain't trynna argue, just tell me if you interested/
My name's Finny if you wit it come on/
There's just only one rule... no fallin in love.

Like, I get it that I'm not the most wittiest dude of all time with punch lines and shit, but to say I'm the worst rapper ever is just ignorant and I can tell people jump in this shit just to rag on me.

Out of the last 10 people to reply to this thread, I only had 7 listens on that track and I think at least 2 of them were me.

So that's just proof, people don't even listen or care to listen.

What I've been talking about the last 2 songs is getting that self awareness out there that I FULLY UNDERSTAND I'M A PIECE OF SHIT. Probably DON'T have any reason making rap music anymore. But guess what? It's the ONLY thing I have right now to make me feel better.

And like I said... if people like it it's a bonus, it doesn't mean that I'm looking for it. Regardless, I had fun making the beat and writing and recording that song.

Truthfully, if I get laid once from a chick who hears that song and likes it then that's worth 100 "shit's dope" replies.
Old 12-20-2016, 11:49 AM   #93
Finnydot

Champed
- Beat Battle I

Either which way, I got some shit i gotta record for y'all.

I've been holding off on it because I was thinking about writing a 3rd verse but I got y'all. I got every god damn hater's number on this next one. For sure.
Old 12-20-2016, 11:52 AM   #94
sral
Shrewd as evearthed

Battle Record: 28-3

Champed
- Gimmick Battle League
- The Winter Topical
- Topical Martyrs
- Lime Green Poetry Association
- Lyric Olympics
- Art of Writing League
- Guerrilla Writing League (2x)
- Black August II

sral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I'm not saying I am or anyone else is going to "blow up" but you could contribute SOMETHING other than tearing people down all the time.

I can admit I'm a worthless piece of shit, but you can't even admit to yourself your an asshole.
you're*
sral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2016, 11:56 AM   #95
sral
Shrewd as evearthed

Champed
- Gimmick Battle League
- The Winter Topical
- Topical Martyrs
- Lyric Olympics
- Art of Writing League
- Black August II

sral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
It's just funny to me because the internet kids all hate my shit but all of my 10-20 friends i still have in the real world all tell me to keep focusing on what I want to do and are actually supportive.
of course they do. they think its what you want to hear.

the question you really need to be asking yourself here then is "are they real friends if they would lie to my face like that, and tell me to pursue something that they can clearly see I'm inept at?"

you need a critical ear, and ppl here have lent you one

we have no obligation to tell you you're the next best thing, we aren't here to stroke your ego, and regardless of positive/negative reception from us you have to accept that and move on

we have kept it real with you

a real friend would straight up tell you its not working out for you and to go a different route

know your lane, Finny

this clearly isn't it
Old 12-20-2016, 11:57 AM   #96
Finnydot

Champed
- Beat Battle I

Quote:
Originally Posted by sraL View Post
you're*
Was on my phone, auto correct.
Old 12-20-2016, 11:57 AM   #97
sral
Shrewd as evearthed

Champed
- Gimmick Battle League
- The Winter Topical
- Topical Martyrs
- Lyric Olympics
- Art of Writing League
- Black August II

TBH I haven't listened to it but I take Certain at his word
Old 12-20-2016, 11:58 AM   #98
sral
Shrewd as evearthed

Champed
- Gimmick Battle League
- The Winter Topical
- Topical Martyrs
- Lyric Olympics
- Art of Writing League
- Black August II

Quote:
Was on my phone, auto correct.
just tryna help is all bro
Old 12-20-2016, 12:59 PM   #99
Finnydot

Champed
- Beat Battle I

Quote:
Originally Posted by sraL View Post
TBH I haven't listened to it but I take Certain at his word
Case in point.

Way to be a conformist.
Old 12-20-2016, 03:12 PM   #100
Diode
PR's Finest

Quote:
Case in point.

Way to be a conformist.
KYS