Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

User Tag List

Old 12-10-2016, 08:38 PM   #21
Razah
rockkFresh

Battle Record: 8-10

Champed
- Art of Writing League

Razah has a brilliant futureRazah has a brilliant futureRazah has a brilliant futureRazah has a brilliant futureRazah has a brilliant futureRazah has a brilliant futureRazah has a brilliant futureRazah has a brilliant futureRazah has a brilliant futureRazah has a brilliant futureRazah has a brilliant future

Starcraft still dope.
Razah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2016, 09:42 PM   #22
uh-oh
DA GOD

Battle Record: 1-0

Champed
- Beat Battle II
- Beat Battle V
- Beat Bags

uh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant future

starcraft 2 is sorta new i thought. i never played either though. i was too late to pc gaming to get into RTS

the age of empires and shits were alright but i didnt like not having the ability to just do what i wanted. its like oh while i was doing random dumb shit an opposing nation created an army of elephants and now they destroyed my plans wtf

figured starcraft was similair but with space stuff.

i also played world of warcraft, before any of the warcraft games so i couldnt do those.

but yea i prefer turn based strategy like civ and total war.
Old 12-10-2016, 09:56 PM   #23
Razah
rockkFresh

Champed
- Art of Writing League

Razah has a brilliant futureRazah has a brilliant futureRazah has a brilliant futureRazah has a brilliant futureRazah has a brilliant futureRazah has a brilliant futureRazah has a brilliant futureRazah has a brilliant futureRazah has a brilliant futureRazah has a brilliant futureRazah has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by uh-oh View Post
pretty much. It came out in 2010 but they keep adding 'expansions' to it. the story line is pretty cool. Idk if Age of Empires has a story line or anything like that, but it seems to have more civilizations and shit. Starcraft just has 3 I think, the humans, some aliens, and some robot type things. The new expansion is another human storyline, i dunno.

I tried playing it earlier but gave up because it wouldn't start me off where I had left off on my laptop. I already beat the human story line and was starting the aliens, and I'm straight on starting all over.

PS: Ordered the Steam Controller
Old 12-10-2016, 10:55 PM   #24
PancakeBrah
SOBER

Battle Record: 2-5

Champed
- AOWL Season 2

PancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond repute

been playing a lot of fuckboi 2020 on my alienware 40k lcd OLED screen lately just got to the uh oh level had to go to gamefaqs.com to figure out that i needed the cheetos bag all the way back in level three to grind my MPC to level ROSCOE to take down the boss. pretty good game so far.
And the ditch in the back road stop
Could you find me?
PancakeBrah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2016, 12:42 AM   #25
Fart
You Next

Battle Record: 1-2

Fart has a brilliant futureFart has a brilliant futureFart has a brilliant futureFart has a brilliant futureFart has a brilliant futureFart has a brilliant futureFart has a brilliant futureFart has a brilliant futureFart has a brilliant futureFart has a brilliant futureFart has a brilliant future

Quote:
starcraft 2 is sorta new i thought. i never played either though. i was too late to pc gaming to get into RTS

the age of empires and shits were alright but i didnt like not having the ability to just do what i wanted. its like oh while i was doing random dumb shit an opposing nation created an army of elephants and now they destroyed my plans wtf

i also played world of warcraft, before any of the warcraft games so i couldnt do those.

but yea i prefer turn based strategy like civ and total war.
yoo what mods/DLC you have for atilla? idk what most this shit does for mods lol. and if the campaign dlcs are worth it
i bought that gore DLC but thats it. pretty dope. dismemberment and decapitations, way more battle animations
Old 12-11-2016, 08:50 AM   #26
uh-oh
DA GOD

Champed
- Beat Battle II
- Beat Battle V
- Beat Bags

uh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant future

i've got all of the dlc but alot of it is bullshit, like slavic nations pack for example. they just give you more factions to choose from, the main problem with attila though is unit variation. it can feel like your fielding the same armies no matter what nation you pick. thats where mods come in.

right now i have all the radious mods installed, they tweak the game, fix whats broken, make it all work better, and they also put out unit packs, to help fill out the rosters of all factions.

i enjoy cheat mods sometimes too, like 1 turn technology/building/units. because in order to build like a level 4 city its gonna take hundreds of turns or some shit. so i use 1 turn technology alot. the problem though is its only sort of a cheat, because they tend to affect the AI too, so if you're not careful you'll be building up your city defended by some cheap early spearmen and over the hills come a fully powered army because the ai researched military or some shit

but yea. i also use a double garrisons mod. this just makes it harder to take cities, and harder for your cities to be taken. its good when playing the romans, because you pretty much can't defend all your settlements, but your normal garrison would be like 2 archers, 3 spearmen, 2 mellee and a horsemen or something, that mod just doubles it, so even without an army or general you can hold off a decent size army for a turn or two until you can reinforce them.

it just makes taking cities harder for the same reason.

alot of the mods are superficial too, i do the olympian camera mods or whatever to zoom out more, realistic water, they have one too for battle animations, so all it is are battle animations. like alot of the fighting will be just poking and prodding outside the shields and random deaths, but that mod makes it where every death is animated, that with the DLC makes shit a bloodbath

the campaign dlc's can be worth it. i like the last roman, although your a horde which i never really got. but in that one the western roman empire has fallen, and there are giant barbarian nations in its place, you start with two hordes in africa and your goal is to reclaim it for the east, or you can break off to try and rebuild the western roman empire by declaring your own freedom or whatever. that one is cool to mess with.

age of charlemagne is ok. i havent played it enough to justify its purchase lol. but you can be early vikings basically and raid everyone like the show vikings, or conquer england. thats basically what i do in that, be mercia and try and wreck shit

but yea, i like playing nations with small starting points for the most part, its weird starting a game with alot of territory

ALSO THOUGH, you might as well hold out on the DLC's, the couple mods i was talking about are basically giant unofficial community created DLC. ancient empires is gonna have its own campaign set in the roman republic days, think it starts with the battle of zama so you can be rome or carthage or whoever, but word. and then i havent looked into medieval too much but its another total conversion. they rework everything, so its not just like a change of the names. buildings are different, unit skins etc
Old 12-11-2016, 03:19 PM   #27
Fart
You Next

Battle Record: 1-2

Fart has a brilliant futureFart has a brilliant futureFart has a brilliant futureFart has a brilliant futureFart has a brilliant futureFart has a brilliant futureFart has a brilliant futureFart has a brilliant futureFart has a brilliant futureFart has a brilliant futureFart has a brilliant future

Quote:
i've got all of the dlc but alot of it is bullshit, like slavic nations pack for example. they just give you more factions to choose from, the main problem with attila though is unit variation. it can feel like your fielding the same armies no matter what nation you pick. thats where mods come in.

right now i have all the radious mods installed, they tweak the game, fix whats broken, make it all work better, and they also put out unit packs, to help fill out the rosters of all factions.

i enjoy cheat mods sometimes too, like 1 turn technology/building/units. because in order to build like a level 4 city its gonna take hundreds of turns or some shit. so i use 1 turn technology alot. the problem though is its only sort of a cheat, because they tend to affect the AI too, so if you're not careful you'll be building up your city defended by some cheap early spearmen and over the hills come a fully powered army because the ai researched military or some shit

but yea. i also use a double garrisons mod. this just makes it harder to take cities, and harder for your cities to be taken. its good when playing the romans, because you pretty much can't defend all your settlements, but your normal garrison would be like 2 archers, 3 spearmen, 2 mellee and a horsemen or something, that mod just doubles it, so even without an army or general you can hold off a decent size army for a turn or two until you can reinforce them.

it just makes taking cities harder for the same reason.

alot of the mods are superficial too, i do the olympian camera mods or whatever to zoom out more, realistic water, they have one too for battle animations, so all it is are battle animations. like alot of the fighting will be just poking and prodding outside the shields and random deaths, but that mod makes it where every death is animated, that with the DLC makes shit a bloodbath

the campaign dlc's can be worth it. i like the last roman, although your a horde which i never really got. but in that one the western roman empire has fallen, and there are giant barbarian nations in its place, you start with two hordes in africa and your goal is to reclaim it for the east, or you can break off to try and rebuild the western roman empire by declaring your own freedom or whatever. that one is cool to mess with.

age of charlemagne is ok. i havent played it enough to justify its purchase lol. but you can be early vikings basically and raid everyone like the show vikings, or conquer england. thats basically what i do in that, be mercia and try and wreck shit

but yea, i like playing nations with small starting points for the most part, its weird starting a game with alot of territory

ALSO THOUGH, you might as well hold out on the DLC's, the couple mods i was talking about are basically giant unofficial community created DLC. ancient empires is gonna have its own campaign set in the roman republic days, think it starts with the battle of zama so you can be rome or carthage or whoever, but word. and then i havent looked into medieval too much but its another total conversion. they rework everything, so its not just like a change of the names. buildings are different, unit skins etc
some of those mods would be dope. i have like 100 hrs into a Saxon campaign. first thing i noticed is how fucking HUGE the map is. and word yeah most of the infantry at least looks exactly the same. cloth with chainmail and iron helmets

all i've done is cheated money, gave myself 20mil to start...way too much. ive only spent 3 mil in 30 yrs lol. looks like most the "cheat" mods just patch stupid shit in the game like the weak garrisons and not being able to control them. i need them all lmao its easy as fuck to steamroll undefended cities

DLCs sound worth it though if they are separate campaigns. TW usually are good for that but word i'll have to fuck around with conversion mods too

Last edited by Fart; 12-11-2016 at 03:23 PM.
Fart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2016, 10:44 PM   #28
Razah
rockkFresh

Champed
- Art of Writing League

I still haven't picked a game out, there's so many games out there that I had no idea existed.

Ran into this one that looks kinda' dope, "Spacehulk: Deathwing"

Waiting to get my controller before I try some games out :/
Old 12-16-2016, 06:06 AM   #29
Witty
Lime Life

Battle Record: 30-41

Accomplishments
- Only Slightly Retarded

Champed
- Lyric Olympics
- Summer Classic

Witty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by PancakeBrah View Post
been playing a lot of fuckboi 2020 on my alienware 40k lcd OLED screen lately just got to the uh oh level had to go to gamefaqs.com to figure out that i needed the cheetos bag all the way back in level three to grind my MPC to level ROSCOE to take down the boss. pretty good game so far.
LOL

I missed you.

Witty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2016, 04:30 PM   #30
Razah
rockkFresh

Champed
- Art of Writing League

@uh-oh

The Steam controller is okay. It's kind of weird honestly, but it's cool. I ended up buying Quantum Break and used the controller with it. The set up was extremely simple, & steam read the controller immediately. The little right mouse pad is a little weird, but it gets the job done. I wouldn't use this controller for a First Person Shooter at all though, unless you get the sensitivity just right & end up being accurate (I don't see it being too practical). For the little amount of shooting done in this game, it works well enough for me. Took a while to get adjusted to the placement of the buttons & shit, but I kinda like it now.

I saw Playstation released a wireless USB dongle for the DualShock 4 and I ended up getting it. Some games don't work with it though, so I guess it'll just be the more newer games that have the PS4 controller option. PS4 Remote Play is kind of buggy / laggy. *shrugs. I think I might get an X Box One controller though.. I'm just used to playing games with a controller.

PS: Quantum Break is pretty dope so far. If you were a fan of Max Payne 3, it reminds me of that.
Old 12-22-2016, 04:51 PM   #31
Razah
rockkFresh

Champed
- Art of Writing League

Steam got their Winter sale going. Kind of salty because they got the controller + link together for the same price I got the controller for.

:/

about to go through their games, maybe I'll run into some good deals
Old 12-22-2016, 06:00 PM   #32
Diode
PR's Finest

Battle Record: 12-7

Diode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by PancakeBrah View Post
why be a fuckbag though?
Old 12-22-2016, 06:01 PM   #33
Diode
PR's Finest

Battle Record: 12-7

Diode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razah View Post
Steam got their Winter sale going. Kind of salty because they got the controller + link together for the same price I got the controller for.

:/

about to go through their games, maybe I'll run into some good deals
nothing great this year :\ :/ :|
Old 12-22-2016, 06:21 PM   #34
Razah
rockkFresh

Champed
- Art of Writing League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diode View Post
nothing great this year :\ :/ :|
I got this in my cart:

METAL GEAR SOLID V: The Definitive Experience
Just Cause 3 XL

The sale goes on until Jan 2nd so im'a hold off on buying them, gonna watch a few more gameplay / reviews when I get a chance.
Old 12-22-2016, 08:52 PM   #35
uh-oh
DA GOD

Champed
- Beat Battle II
- Beat Battle V
- Beat Bags

ive got those metal gears, i started playing the main one first though. like i think phantom pain or whatever was released before it but i bought them out of order seperately. anyways i started the main one, and stopped pretty early in because of the scope of it. its got like base building aspects and everything else. also i forgot about the MYSTICAL nature lol of metal gear games like there was weirdo horsemen of the apocalypse shit if i remember right. but the game was dope i just need the time to invest in it

but i'm looking for something to play now. that ancient empires mod is taking way too long and i want to forget about it so when it does come out i'm like oh shit nice.

id like a controller for the more casual experiences but i actually prefer the mouse and keyboard now. but some games its more chill to kick back

im going to check out the steam sales and see whats going on.

i wonder when state of decay 2 drops for instance. the first one was pretty cool for what it was
Old 12-28-2016, 10:23 PM   #36
PancakeBrah
SOBER

Battle Record: 2-5

Champed
- AOWL Season 2

PancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diode View Post
why be a fuckbag though?

I dont know how else to live.
And the ditch in the back road stop
Could you find me?
PancakeBrah is offline   Reply With Quote