Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

User Tag List

Old 05-03-2013, 07:59 AM   #1
Lars
PROVEN BITER

Battle Record: 5-0

Champed
- The Winter Topical

Lars has a brilliant futureLars has a brilliant futureLars has a brilliant futureLars has a brilliant futureLars has a brilliant futureLars has a brilliant futureLars has a brilliant futureLars has a brilliant futureLars has a brilliant futureLars has a brilliant futureLars has a brilliant future
Default I watched Life of Pi recently... thought it was wack apart from the twist at the end.

The boat with the tiger carries on wayyyyy too long, bored me and my bro tbh and he's one of the biggest film buffs I know.

Late, but anyone else agree? No idea why it received so much praise.
Old 05-03-2013, 08:42 AM   #2
Ghost1

Battle Record: 0-1

Ghost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant future

Was gonna make this thread actually lol

Shit was wack.

Even visually it wasnt that dope.

But yea slumdog millionaire blew this out the water

Fuck india

Even leading up to the boat was boring.....the.boat was.actually the best part.....an it was not good.

Only rented it cuz of the hype.....didnt expect much and recieved less.
Not saying being drunk doesn’t mess up you reasoning. I’m turning 20 soon so I haven’t had a drink ever.
Ghost1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 08:50 AM   #3
Lars
PROVEN BITER

Champed
- The Winter Topical

Lars has a brilliant futureLars has a brilliant futureLars has a brilliant futureLars has a brilliant futureLars has a brilliant futureLars has a brilliant futureLars has a brilliant futureLars has a brilliant futureLars has a brilliant futureLars has a brilliant futureLars has a brilliant future

I liked the idea of the tiger being the dad etc, but yeah, the film was asscheeks IMHO

Agreed on Slumdog too.

One of my co-workers just brought it back from lunch and reminded me how poor that film actually is, hence the thread.

Waddup though?
Old 05-03-2013, 08:52 AM   #4
Ghost1

Ghost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant future

Shit. Bout to make this audio accapekka verse against vulg....should be lulz, sup
Not saying being drunk doesn’t mess up you reasoning. I’m turning 20 soon so I haven’t had a drink ever.
Old 05-03-2013, 09:34 AM   #5
Lars
PROVEN BITER

Champed
- The Winter Topical

Battling tomorow night at our event, it's a late one though, don't think the battles are starting until around 11pm. I don't prep at all the week beforehand, always think if you do it takes some of the fun out of the lines, you get bored of hearing yourself say them so I take a break the week before and it keeps em sounding more spontaneous.

I'm away from my girl for the next week from tomorrow, she's got me a new blue quilted trapper hat and The Wire Season's 1-2 to watch while I'm away from her haha!

Almost finished Breaking Bad Season 4, BOOM!
Old 05-03-2013, 10:37 AM   #6
Cereal_Killa
Licking Lily's..

Battle Record: 11-6

Champed
- Art of Writing League

Cereal_Killa has a brilliant futureCereal_Killa has a brilliant futureCereal_Killa has a brilliant futureCereal_Killa has a brilliant futureCereal_Killa has a brilliant futureCereal_Killa has a brilliant futureCereal_Killa has a brilliant futureCereal_Killa has a brilliant futureCereal_Killa has a brilliant futureCereal_Killa has a brilliant futureCereal_Killa has a brilliant future

The tigers not his dad.. It's his internal rage..

The animals represent the ppls true nature under those circumstances..

But it gives u a choice..
if u think of it as fairytale its just cute..
If u think of it in a spiritual sense it's corny..
But u look at the real situation, on canabalism, isolation and survival that ish is CRAZY..
Cereal_Killa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 10:58 AM   #7
Badweather
Chillin' like FUCK!!!

Battle Record: 1-1

Badweather Badweather Badweather Badweather Badweather Badweather Badweather Badweather Badweather Badweather Badweather

i was gonna watch the movie, but i saw an episode of Tosh.0 where he summarized the movie in an assholish fasion, and totally spoiled it for me.

sad panda.

Chill Phil

My rep hand is NOT WAY strong anymore.
Badweather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 11:20 AM   #8
Lars
PROVEN BITER

Champed
- The Winter Topical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cereal_Killa View Post
The tigers not his dad.. It's his internal rage..

The animals represent the ppls true nature under those circumstances..

But it gives u a choice..
if u think of it as fairytale its just cute..
If u think of it in a spiritual sense it's corny..
But u look at the real situation, on canabalism, isolation and survival that ish is CRAZY..
I meant Pi as the Tiger, his mom as the Orangutan etc
Old 05-03-2013, 11:37 AM   #9
Ghost1

I need to get the wire......was.bout to start watching deadwood
Old 05-03-2013, 12:32 PM   #10
Cereal_Killa
Licking Lily's..

Battle Record: 11-6

Champed
- Art of Writing League

Cereal_Killa has a brilliant futureCereal_Killa has a brilliant futureCereal_Killa has a brilliant futureCereal_Killa has a brilliant futureCereal_Killa has a brilliant futureCereal_Killa has a brilliant futureCereal_Killa has a brilliant futureCereal_Killa has a brilliant futureCereal_Killa has a brilliant futureCereal_Killa has a brilliant futureCereal_Killa has a brilliant future

@Lars n u still didnt like it..

Slumdog is pretty sweet I ain't gonna lie but they are two separate styles, slum is suppose to be graphic whilst pi is colourful..

Last edited by Cereal_Killa; 05-03-2013 at 12:34 PM.
Cereal_Killa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 04:00 AM   #11
Lars
PROVEN BITER

Champed
- The Winter Topical

It be be as colourful as it wants, the movie itself is boring. Visual masterpiece with little substance until the end, and the payoff wasn't enough to cover the hours of boredom to get to it.

@Bags: I'm about 8 episodes in to season 1, bit more of a slow burner than Breaking Bad but i'll stick with it...