Junto
The Founder

Battle Record: 30-11

Accomplishments
- Shadow Pic Roast

Champed
- Key Grand Prix 3
- NBL Season 8

Junto has a brilliant futureJunto has a brilliant futureJunto has a brilliant futureJunto has a brilliant futureJunto has a brilliant futureJunto has a brilliant futureJunto has a brilliant futureJunto has a brilliant futureJunto has a brilliant futureJunto has a brilliant futureJunto has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witty View Post
You can never say it with complete certainty, but you can say the same thing about the Loch Ness Monster or the Easter Rabbit.
well

You do know that there are things beyond your knowledge...
And there are frequencies you can't hear that other animals can.
Waves around you that you can't tune into or interpret, but use a radio to...

Loch Ness monster isn't the worst idea but Easter Rabbit is a false equivalence
Parents tell their children this to surprise them wit candy they buy. Myth busted.
Physics tells you that gravity is why you're stuck to the ground...
but why do large masses attract, and not repel? & where is this the case, everywhere in the existence of anything? How large is that? Truly infinite? Then what governs these, or those, laws of physics?

you have 'self awareness'. Most animals are theorized not to...
but in popular scientific theory some chimps and a few other species do.
Even have IQs in the 30s and higher, where their capacities surpass 'retarded' humans
So when we look at chimps, we haven't created them, but we may directly affect their lives without them knowing how or why
Maybe everything is working under dictates that just 'are'?
but maybe we aren't even comparable to chimps when if we compared from another IQ / self-awareness 'level' up
Junto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2015, 05:44 PM   #22
Useless
100%

Battle Record: 9-12

Champed
- 1-2 Punch League

Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless

Based on mathematics we should've accidently found life on other planets by now. The fact that we haven't says a lot.

I don't believe the earth is only a few thousand years old that's idiotic as u said. I believe religion and science go hand in hand as one helps prove the other. But I don't wanna get into all that right now.
Useless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2015, 05:48 PM   #23
Witty
Lime Life

Battle Record: 30-41

Accomplishments
- Only Slightly Retarded

Champed
- Lyric Olympics
- Summer Classic

Witty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junto View Post
well

You do know that there are things beyond your knowledge...
And there are frequencies you can't hear that other animals can.
Waves around you that you can't tune into or interpret, but use a radio to...

Loch Ness monster isn't the worst idea but Easter Rabbit is a false equivalence
Parents tell their children this to surprise them wit candy they buy. Myth busted.
Physics tells you that gravity is why you're stuck to the ground...
but why do large masses attract, and not repel? & where is this the case, everywhere in the existence of anything? How large is that? Truly infinite? Then what governs these, or those, laws of physics?

you have 'self awareness'. Most animals are theorized not to...
but in popular scientific theory some chimps and a few other species do.
Even have IQs in the 30s and higher, where their capacities surpass 'retarded' humans
So when we look at chimps, we haven't created them, but we may directly affect their lives without them knowing how or why
Maybe everything is working under dictates that just 'are'?
but maybe we aren't even comparable to chimps when if we compared from another IQ / self-awareness 'level' up

I understand all of that...but that is still not evidence of a creator. My comparison to the easter rabbit was legit...there is no evidence for it either. As far as the evidence for god goes...it also may as well be a story people tell each other to make them behave a certain way.

I completely accept there are things beyond my understanding...I have never claimed there is not, but that is no reason to jump to the conclusion that it was put here by a supernatural force. As I said, if there is, I haven't seen evidence of it...and until I do, I can not believe it. Surely that is just logical?

Witty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2015, 05:49 PM   #24
Witty
Lime Life

Accomplishments
- Only Slightly Retarded

Champed
- Lyric Olympics
- Summer Classic

Witty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Useless View Post
Based on mathematics we should've accidently found life on other planets by now. The fact that we haven't says a lot.

I don't believe the earth is only a few thousand years old that's idiotic as u said. I believe religion and science go hand in hand as one helps prove the other. But I don't wanna get into all that right now.
No, based on mathematics other life DOES exist...we by no means SHOULD have found it...we have barely looked, we basically haven't left our back yard.

Old 08-15-2015, 05:54 PM   #25
Witty
Lime Life

Accomplishments
- Only Slightly Retarded

Champed
- Lyric Olympics
- Summer Classic

and btw i'm pretty sure large masses attract instead of repelling due to the curvature of space-time.

Old 08-15-2015, 05:58 PM   #26
Junto
The Founder

Accomplishments
- Shadow Pic Roast

Champed
- Key Grand Prix 3
- NBL Season 8

Junto has a brilliant futureJunto has a brilliant futureJunto has a brilliant futureJunto has a brilliant futureJunto has a brilliant futureJunto has a brilliant futureJunto has a brilliant futureJunto has a brilliant futureJunto has a brilliant futureJunto has a brilliant futureJunto has a brilliant future

...beat me to that

Quote:
Originally Posted by Useless
The fact that we're only looking for carbon-based life...
which would only be suited to thrive in OUR planet's environment, might say something
The fact we have no real knowledge of star systems outside of our own might too

Witty, I understand you too homie, but your logic is flawed.
There is evidence there ISN'T an easter bunny. Parents buy the candy, the easter bunny doesn't drop it off.
The candy isn't just there. It hasn't just taken form in the basket on your table.
I'm not saying there is evidence of a creator, I'm saying there's no solid evidence against either.
People mainly ruled out the world being round because there was no evidence FOR it
But it ended up being round, and there was no evidence AGAINST it being round, other than observation and belief that it wasn't
Old 08-15-2015, 06:06 PM   #27
Junto
The Founder

Accomplishments
- Shadow Pic Roast

Champed
- Key Grand Prix 3
- NBL Season 8

of course there was evidence that was eventually discovered, but it wasn't obvious or intuitive...
so for that time it was believed the world was flat because there was no evidence to say it was round

this is called the Argument from Ignorance, a false dichotomy
Old 08-15-2015, 06:16 PM   #28
Fart
You Next

Battle Record: 1-2

Fart has a brilliant futureFart has a brilliant futureFart has a brilliant futureFart has a brilliant futureFart has a brilliant futureFart has a brilliant futureFart has a brilliant futureFart has a brilliant futureFart has a brilliant futureFart has a brilliant futureFart has a brilliant future

which god?
Old 08-15-2015, 06:18 PM   #29
Witty
Lime Life

Accomplishments
- Only Slightly Retarded

Champed
- Lyric Olympics
- Summer Classic

Quote:
of course there was evidence that was eventually discovered, but it wasn't obvious or intuitive...
so for that time it was believed the world was flat because there was no evidence to say it was round

this is called the Argument from Ignorance, a false dichotomy
This is flawed logic dude...you are saying I am arguing from ignorance because I refuse to put my belief in something that has not been proven? How so? Maybe if I was saying it 100% is not true, that argument would be valid..but I am not. I am saying I can not believe something until I see evidence, just as I would not have believed the earth to be round until I saw that it was, but I also would not have believed it to be flat, as there was no evidence for that either. I do not believe something until I see evidence, that's my only point.

Old 08-15-2015, 06:19 PM   #30
Witty
Lime Life

Accomplishments
- Only Slightly Retarded

Champed
- Lyric Olympics
- Summer Classic

As I said, the onus of proof is on the person who is making claims of the supernatural.

If you want me to believe, show me it to be true and I'll believe.

Just like I would have said 'if you want me to believe the world is round...show me it to be round' it was shown to be round and so I believe it is.

Old 08-15-2015, 06:22 PM   #31
Wise Wiggles
nok Su kow

Battle Record: 1-1

Wise Wiggles has a brilliant futureWise Wiggles has a brilliant futureWise Wiggles has a brilliant futureWise Wiggles has a brilliant futureWise Wiggles has a brilliant futureWise Wiggles has a brilliant futureWise Wiggles has a brilliant futureWise Wiggles has a brilliant futureWise Wiggles has a brilliant futureWise Wiggles has a brilliant futureWise Wiggles has a brilliant future

You know the voice of ET was the voice of a woman who smoked two packs a day, unmodified. Shit is crazy. Elll eeee yachtttt
Old 08-15-2015, 06:31 PM   #32
Junto
The Founder

Accomplishments
- Shadow Pic Roast

Champed
- Key Grand Prix 3
- NBL Season 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witty View Post
This is flawed logic dude...you are saying I am arguing from ignorance because I refuse to put my belief in something that has not been proven? How so? Maybe if I was saying it 100% is not true, that argument would be valid..but I am not. I am saying I can not believe something until I see evidence, just as I would not have believed the earth to be round until I saw that it was, but I also would not have believed it to be flat, as there was no evidence for that either. I do not believe something until I see evidence, that's my only point.
you trollin me?

I'm not callin you ignorant fam... Argument from Ignorance "argumentum ad ignorantiam"... that's just the name of what you're doing in Formal Logic.

The onus of proof not on me, I'm not makin any claims.
I'm not tryna convince you there IS a god, because I don't know that there is.
I can't possibly know, the evidence is insufficient to rule it out or prove it to me
So I don't believe there is a God, but I don't believe there ISN'T a God because of absence of evidence for
Old 08-15-2015, 06:33 PM   #33
Witty
Lime Life

Accomplishments
- Only Slightly Retarded

Champed
- Lyric Olympics
- Summer Classic

Quote:
you trollin me?

I'm not callin you ignorant fam... Argument from Ignorance "argumentum ad ignorantiam"... that's just the name of what you're doing in Formal Logic.

The onus of proof not on me, I'm not makin any claims.
I'm not tryna convince you there IS a god, because I don't know that there is.
I can't possibly know, the evidence is insufficient to rule it out or prove it to me
So I don't believe there is a God, but I don't believe there ISN'T a God because of absence of evidence for
Neither do I...I have never said I did?

Old 08-15-2015, 06:38 PM   #34
Witty
Lime Life

Accomplishments
- Only Slightly Retarded

Champed
- Lyric Olympics
- Summer Classic

You don't believe in God because there is no evidence...that's exactly my point too.

The question was do I believe in God...and I do not because there is no evidence.

But I can not 100% say there is no God, because I do not hold the knowledge of the entire universe in my mind.

You don't believe in God either...I hate when people say I'm undecided....no, you either believe or you don't. If you do, you are believing something without proof, which is foolish. If you say you can't believe because there is no evidence...that means you don't believe in God. All you are saying is that if there ever is evidence either way, you will act accordingly...which is exactly what I am saying too.

Old 08-15-2015, 06:49 PM   #35
...the Nagger

Battle Record: 4-4

...the Nagger has a brilliant future...the Nagger has a brilliant future...the Nagger has a brilliant future...the Nagger has a brilliant future...the Nagger has a brilliant future...the Nagger has a brilliant future...the Nagger has a brilliant future...the Nagger has a brilliant future...the Nagger has a brilliant future...the Nagger has a brilliant future...the Nagger has a brilliant future

We are all god body we are all connected thru God himself
...the Nagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2015, 06:56 PM   #36
Destroyer
Bags will be avenged

Battle Record: 85-58

Accomplishments
- 50+ Wins

Champed
- Gimmick Battle League
- 1-2 Punch League (5x)
- Fight Night LXXIX
- Fight Night 4
- Netcees Battle League (2x)
- NPL Roast

Destroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant future

witty on point
I would never state that it's a fact that there isn't a god
all I will say, is that when I hold God up to the same standard of belief to which I hold absolutely everything else I believe up to, he falls short
and therefore, no, I do not believe
not do I have the answers
I'm just pretty positive none of you do either
philosophy.
Destroyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2015, 07:00 PM   #37
Junto
The Founder

Accomplishments
- Shadow Pic Roast

Champed
- Key Grand Prix 3
- NBL Season 8

nah we ain't too far apart, that's true Wit...
but I was speakin from Philosophy & Logic, the disciplines... science bitch shit
this just a classic false dichotomy / logical fallacy

You conflate I don't believe there's sufficient evidence for or against a God
...with I believe there ISN'T a God
http://philosophy.lander.edu/logic/ignorance.html
But fuck it, we gon chalk that up to semantics aiiiiight

I'm back on my goon shit... that arm leg lega Junto 13X shit fuck wit me
Old 08-15-2015, 07:02 PM   #38
Destroyer
Bags will be avenged

Battle Record: 85-58

Accomplishments
- 50+ Wins

Champed
- Gimmick Battle League
- 1-2 Punch League (5x)
- Fight Night LXXIX
- Fight Night 4
- Netcees Battle League (2x)
- NPL Roast

Destroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by ...the Munster View Post
We are all god body we are all connected thru God himself
eddie, forget u weren't logged in as silver?
philosophy.
Destroyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2015, 07:03 PM   #39
Saint
Scream

Battle Record: 63-35

Accomplishments
- 50 Wins

Champed
- BA Picture Roast
- Battle Royale Tournament
- NBL Pic Roast
- Netcees Battle League
- NBL Season 11
- HoT Roast
- BAL Roast
- Tag Team Tourney
- NBL Barcotic Cypher
- SOL Pic Roast
- BA Tag
- XXXtentacion Roast
- 1-2 LR Champ

Saint has a brilliant futureSaint has a brilliant futureSaint has a brilliant futureSaint has a brilliant futureSaint has a brilliant futureSaint has a brilliant futureSaint has a brilliant futureSaint has a brilliant futureSaint has a brilliant futureSaint has a brilliant futureSaint has a brilliant future

Could life exist w/o a creator?
Saint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2015, 07:04 PM   #40
Witty
Lime Life

Accomplishments
- Only Slightly Retarded

Champed
- Lyric Olympics
- Summer Classic

But I've never said I believe there isn't a God. I just don't believe there is.

Saying I don't believe there isn't is foolish to me, and thinking like that seems like quite a waste of time and an extreme bending of logic...why would I look for evidence that something doesn't exist? If you believe something then the burden of proof is on you because it is your belief.

I don't understand your point.

Tags
5 percenter ginger, based god?, cashmere cat is dope, of corpse of corpse, the horse is a corpse