Go Back   Netcees > Forum > Discussion Board
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Old 07-07-2015, 07:13 AM   #1
veritas
HALL OF FAME

Battle Record: 3-5

veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas
Default a lie you hear about christianity

"Oh it has caused the most wars and death..."

truth: There was nothing holy about the holy roman empire. They killed the common folks for wanting to read their bibles, instead of having the priests read it to them. Same goes for the inquisition. If anything, both of these factions were more like the muslims than christians.

truth: The wars that have killed the most people have nothing to do with religion. WWI.....nope. WWII....nope, in fact hitler said that after he killed the jews, he would kill the christians. Korean war....nope. Civil war...nope. Stalin murdering 20 million of his own people...nope.

Truth: there have been over 30 million, yes million documented cases of abortions in this country....my mind staggers to think about the numbers of the entire world....surely this is not a godly thing fair?

truth: Anti-god communistic, political, and eugenics have killed far more people in the last 100 years than Christianity has in it's entire existence.

Have a great day friend!
The cerebral assassin, the molder of minds, the Omni potent being. Time transcending traveler, wisdom incarnate. Veritas needs no intro but I guess I have to. He’s not know in the battling world but who doesn’t know veritas? The guy us always original and if you pay attention to his bars, dude brings the heat.. The gawd.
Old 07-07-2015, 07:15 AM   #2
veritas
HALL OF FAME

veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas

edit....sorry....58 million abortions. cheers.
The cerebral assassin, the molder of minds, the Omni potent being. Time transcending traveler, wisdom incarnate. Veritas needs no intro but I guess I have to. He’s not know in the battling world but who doesn’t know veritas? The guy us always original and if you pay attention to his bars, dude brings the heat.. The gawd.
Old 07-07-2015, 07:19 AM   #3
Split Eight
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Champed
- Haiku Writers Challenge

Split Eight has a reputation beyond reputeSplit Eight has a reputation beyond reputeSplit Eight has a reputation beyond reputeSplit Eight has a reputation beyond reputeSplit Eight has a reputation beyond reputeSplit Eight has a reputation beyond reputeSplit Eight has a reputation beyond reputeSplit Eight has a reputation beyond reputeSplit Eight has a reputation beyond reputeSplit Eight has a reputation beyond reputeSplit Eight has a reputation beyond repute

Let's try and hit 100 million abortions

when I write, lately, I feel as if I begin by stringing together ambient ideas and concepts, then i realize I'm just typing the words coffee, tawdry, and autumn over and over and over, again, then I pass out dru-
Old 07-07-2015, 07:35 AM   #4
Split Eight
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Champed
- Haiku Writers Challenge

Split Eight has a reputation beyond reputeSplit Eight has a reputation beyond reputeSplit Eight has a reputation beyond reputeSplit Eight has a reputation beyond reputeSplit Eight has a reputation beyond reputeSplit Eight has a reputation beyond reputeSplit Eight has a reputation beyond reputeSplit Eight has a reputation beyond reputeSplit Eight has a reputation beyond reputeSplit Eight has a reputation beyond reputeSplit Eight has a reputation beyond repute

I find that acceptable though.

Before, religion was this crazy fucked up thing that everyone went nuts over because people believed it was tied to their reality

Now, religion is that annoyance that means you can't sleep in on Easter & is something your parents give you to forget for them.

when I write, lately, I feel as if I begin by stringing together ambient ideas and concepts, then i realize I'm just typing the words coffee, tawdry, and autumn over and over and over, again, then I pass out dru-
Old 07-07-2015, 07:39 AM   #5
Witty
Lime Life

Battle Record: 30-41

Accomplishments
- Only Slightly Retarded

Champed
- Lyric Olympics
- Summer Classic

Witty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Dog View Post
I find that acceptable though.

Before, religion was this crazy fucked up thing that everyone went nuts over because people believed it was tied to their reality

Now, religion is that annoyance that means you can't sleep in on Easter & is something your parents give you to forget for them.
In the Western world, yes.

The reason Christianity is not a threat to peace (as much) these days is because the majority of people do not follow it as closely or as fanatically as they once did.

Islam is a threat, because too many of their followers still do.

Old 07-07-2015, 07:41 AM   #6
Witty
Lime Life

Accomplishments
- Only Slightly Retarded

Champed
- Lyric Olympics
- Summer Classic

Witty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant future

We need to embrace the Islamic moderates in places like Iran, which has some of the most liberal thinking young people in the world, instead of branding the entire country 'evil'...if we can get the moderates to be active and educate the generations coming up, the problem will be vastly improved.

Old 07-07-2015, 07:44 AM   #7
Destroyer
Bags will be avenged

Battle Record: 85-58

Accomplishments
- 50+ Wins

Champed
- Gimmick Battle League
- 1-2 Punch League (5x)
- Fight Night LXXIX
- Fight Night 4
- Netcees Battle League (2x)
- NPL Roast

Destroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant future

What you need to do is realize that the ones who are labeled as "fanatics" are the ones who are following what the religion actually says. The ones who are moderate, are not preaching the true religious texts, because they aren't "politically correct" in this era. But religion and politically correctness don't (or shouldn't) go hand in hand. They are moving in the right direction by abandoning things judged archaic and savage. But no one is moving far enough away fast enough. No one is realizing, Hey, maybe it's all just bullshit.
philosophy.
Old 07-07-2015, 07:48 AM   #8
Destroyer
Bags will be avenged

Accomplishments
- 50+ Wins

Champed
- Gimmick Battle League
- 1-2 Punch League (5x)
- Fight Night LXXIX
- Fight Night 4
- NPL Roast

Destroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant future

I'm pretty sure the "lie" Veritas speaks of is an accusation slung against all religion, not just Christianity.

But, way to act even more persecuted
philosophy.
Old 07-07-2015, 07:49 AM   #9
veritas
HALL OF FAME

so, we are missing the point guys.
Old 07-07-2015, 07:50 AM   #10
Witty
Lime Life

Accomplishments
- Only Slightly Retarded

Champed
- Lyric Olympics
- Summer Classic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destroyer View Post
What you need to do is realize that the ones who are labeled as "fanatics" are the ones who are following what the religion actually says. The ones who are moderate, are not preaching the true religious texts, because they aren't "politically correct" in this era. But religion and politically correctness don't (or shouldn't) go hand in hand. They are moving in the right direction by abandoning things judged archaic and savage. But no one is moving far enough away fast enough. No one is realizing, Hey, maybe it's all just bullshit.
I agree....but if simply not saying it, not preaching it, is all that can happen for now...then that's good enough for me...I have no problem with people believing it...but when they start using it to influence others to discriminate, violently or otherwise, I have a problem.

There are people who are not just omitting it tho, but coming out and saying it is wrong, such as the young people of Iran and other Islamic countries, and we really need to embrace those guys.

Old 07-07-2015, 07:51 AM   #11
oats
Steel Cut

Battle Record: 19-10

Accomplishments
- OM HOF (2x)

Champed
- Fight Night LXXXIV
- Art of Writing League

oats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veritas the invincible View Post
so, we are missing the point guys.
Old 07-07-2015, 07:55 AM   #12
Witty
Lime Life

Accomplishments
- Only Slightly Retarded

Champed
- Lyric Olympics
- Summer Classic

I wouldn't say religion is inherently evil, but what I can say from personal experience, is that it creates a mindset that is susceptible to brain washing and therefore susceptible to being drawn in to committing horrifying acts of violence in the name of said religion.

It's all about how/what you learn from a religious standpoint.

Old 07-07-2015, 07:57 AM   #13
Destroyer
Bags will be avenged

Accomplishments
- 50+ Wins

Champed
- Gimmick Battle League
- 1-2 Punch League (5x)
- Fight Night LXXIX
- Fight Night 4
- NPL Roast

you realize the whole idea of anything being "inherently evil" is derived directly from religious thought?
We can't even have this discussion free from the brainwashings of religion because it's been going on for so long and so widespread.
philosophy.
Old 07-07-2015, 07:59 AM   #14
Witty
Lime Life

Accomplishments
- Only Slightly Retarded

Champed
- Lyric Olympics
- Summer Classic

Quote:
you realize the whole idea of anything being "inherently evil" is derived directly from religious thought?
We can't even have this discussion free from the brainwashings of religion because it's been going on for so long and so widespread.
Good point actually.

I don't believe anything or anyone is inherently evil.

Repped.

Old 07-07-2015, 08:06 AM   #15
Witty
Lime Life

Accomplishments
- Only Slightly Retarded

Champed
- Lyric Olympics
- Summer Classic

Also, saying 'well they weren't really acting christian, they were acting more like muslims' is ridiculous, they did it in the name of the religion with the authority of the church.

Old 07-07-2015, 09:49 AM   #16
fraze

Battle Record: 14-24

fraze has a brilliant futurefraze has a brilliant futurefraze has a brilliant futurefraze has a brilliant futurefraze has a brilliant futurefraze has a brilliant futurefraze has a brilliant futurefraze has a brilliant futurefraze has a brilliant futurefraze has a brilliant futurefraze has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veritas the invincible View Post
"Oh it has caused the most wars and death..."

truth: There was nothing holy about the holy roman empire. They killed the common folks for wanting to read their bibles, instead of having the priests read it to them. Same goes for the inquisition. If anything, both of these factions were more like the muslims than christians.

truth: The wars that have killed the most people have nothing to do with religion. WWI.....nope. WWII....nope, in fact hitler said that after he killed the jews, he would kill the christians. Korean war....nope. Civil war...nope. Stalin murdering 20 million of his own people...nope.

Truth: there have been over 30 million, yes million documented cases of abortions in this country....my mind staggers to think about the numbers of the entire world....surely this is not a godly thing fair?

truth: Anti-god communistic, political, and eugenics have killed far more people in the last 100 years than Christianity has in it's entire existence.

Have a great day friend!
I have been more or less a fan until this post. I'm sorry but most of your "facts" here are highly inaccurate and influenced more by your personal biases than any connection to the truth.

Christians get a pass when people pervert the scriptures and kill in God's name, but that doesn't apply to anyone else?

Yes. They Inquisition and the Holy Romans are similar to some modern day Muslims in terms of violence. That was the whole point of this original comparison. Both religions have had periods of mass violence against people with different beliefs. That's entirely the point. Christianity is the same as Islam in this respect

If you're saying those wars had nothing to do with religion you're skimming significant portions of history. Nazism and Communism were reactionary policies that competed with religion for the hearts and minds of followers. That's exactly why they were so opposed to (other) organized religions. In way Nazism and Stalinist Marxism were both religious personality cults built around a charismatic leader (see N. Korea for a modern day example). Maybe not caused by Christianity but the psychological drivers in all the wars you named have the same basis as religious wars.

The Civil War was highly religious as this was a very Christian nation at the time and Biblical narratives were used frequently on both sides for justification of atrocious actions. Slave owners tried to used the Bible to justify slavery in countless cases, you don't have to search hard to find examples.

I'm assuming the last statement was a joke so I won't address it.

Thanks friend!
Old 07-07-2015, 09:51 AM   #17
Batty
that nigga

Batty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
This is generally the point where we get to FUCK GRAVITY, LET'S FLY territory and the problem is nobody can actually do that. I mean, we all gotta have some type of code, some type of philosophy to follow (self-created or otherwise). Maybe, a major part of your philosophy is to be anti-religion... and truth is, that can be just as instilled and brainwashed as any other code be it religion or full-on hipsterism.

Check it, one thing y'all aint even touched on is the fact that even within Christianity itself there are tons of denominations. I mean, you lump all of those together in a discussion and you're not going to make any progress. That's assuming that everybody ultimately wants to learn something from dialogue rather than just express anger over something they've learned to despise based on past experiences or again, possibly ... brainwashing?

But yo, on the whole "inherently evil" thing... if you want to dissect it on a more primal, non-philosophical, non-romanticized level. Sure, "evil" is a word we've applied over the years to describe some of our more self-destructive primal instincts, but the bottom line is we are self-destructive... we create bombs that could destroy our entire planet, we kill our own babies, we kill other people's babies and a whole list of other atrocities. I really don't have a problem with somebody pointing that out as "evil" tbh, all semantics aside.

Animals can't do these types of things on this level as a matter a fact, just look at the number of animal species that humans are responsible for wiping out.
Old 07-07-2015, 10:12 AM   #18
Hush
NJ Devil

Battle Record: Who Cares

Accomplishments
- Hall of Fame

Hush has a brilliant futureHush has a brilliant futureHush has a brilliant futureHush has a brilliant futureHush has a brilliant futureHush has a brilliant futureHush has a brilliant futureHush has a brilliant futureHush has a brilliant futureHush has a brilliant futureHush has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witty View Post
Also, saying 'well they weren't really acting christian, they were acting more like muslims' is ridiculous, they did it in the name of the religion with the authority of the church.
Reppp

@fraze great point as well

I agree that violence is in our nature and religion is often used as a scape goat or excuse for intolerance
Regardless we would find a reason to kill shit

Point is region more often divides than unites
Especially in the grand scheme
Old 07-07-2015, 10:14 AM   #19
veritas
HALL OF FAME

let us focus gents.

the lie we here is that Religion is responsible for all the wars of history, religion is responsible for the most killing.

both are lies.

In terms of brainwashing, I would now argue that the person who cannot see that abortion has killed farrrrrr more people just this year than all "religions" combined ever is the one brainwashed.

I will also elaborate how the holy roman empire and inquisitions were tools of the devil if anyone cares.

The devil can be in church. Look at present day.

Zytorg out.
Old 07-07-2015, 10:14 AM   #20
veritas
HALL OF FAME

so can we all now agree that religion is not responsible for all the wars and the most killings? can we agree?
Closed Thread