Witty
Lime Life

Battle Record: 30-41

Accomplishments
- Only Slightly Retarded

Champed
- Lyric Olympics
- Summer Classic

Witty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just C View Post
I love how people in here are standing by their words as if they are 100% FACT.

Chances are 100 years from now a scientific breakthrough will blow all these theories out of the water.

It happens all the time as scientific technology gets more sophisticated and the mind using it more astute.

Just because it's scientific "fact" now. doesn't mean it wont be science fiction tomorrow.
That's a dumb argument though, because you don't know the facts we have today WILL be disproven, I agree a lot of things we now believe will prove to be innacurate, but you don't know WHICH facts will, so to not believe them because they MAY be disproven, even though there is evidence for it, is backwards logic. There is REASON to believe it, until there is reason not to believe it, the logical thing to do is believe it.

Witty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 10:42 AM   #122
King Masa
Into The Sunset...

King Masa King Masa King Masa King Masa King Masa King Masa King Masa King Masa King Masa King Masa King Masa

Science still cannot explain what gravity is. LOLSEEMSCREDIBLE.
King Masa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 10:46 AM   #123
Diode
PR's Finest

Battle Record: 12-7

Diode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond repute

anything that is a scientific "fact" has been irrefutably proven and observed. that will not change. an atom contains a nucleus. this is a fact. dark matter makes up the majority of the known universe. this is a theory.

you are confusing fact with theory.
Old 10-29-2014, 10:47 AM   #124
King Masa
Into The Sunset...

King Masa King Masa King Masa King Masa King Masa King Masa King Masa King Masa King Masa King Masa King Masa

So what makes up gravity?
Old 10-29-2014, 10:48 AM   #125
Just C

Just C Just C Just C Just C Just C Just C Just C Just C Just C Just C Just C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witty View Post
That's a dumb argument though, because you don't know the facts we have today WILL be disproven, I agree a lot of things we now believe will prove to be innacurate, but you don't know WHICH facts will, so to not believe them because they MAY be disproven, even though there is evidence for it, is backwards logic. There is REASON to believe it, until there is reason not to believe it, the logical thing to do is believe it.
Not really. I believe what my eyes tell me is real. Not what some scientist tells me (Talking evolution) through theory, which is pretty much what it is, theory.

(But scientists have evidence that this and this took place thus evolution is true)

Scientists have had "evidence" many times before on many things only to back track or be completely proven wrong through miscalculation or w.e else in the past (Again as science became more sophisticated)

So I don't believe what they say is true, I also don't disregard what they say. All is taken with a pinch of salt as a possibility.
Just C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 10:49 AM   #126
King Masa
Into The Sunset...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just C View Post
Not really. I believe what my eyes tell me is real.
this just in, every magic trick is real cause his eyes say so.

LOGIC LADIES AND GENTLEMEN
Old 10-29-2014, 10:52 AM   #127
Just C

The rage is strong with you.
Old 10-29-2014, 11:08 AM   #128
Just C

http://www.toptenz.net/top-10-most-f...o-be-wrong.php

and in 50 years time you'll have a new list of facts that were stated to be true today.

The problem is. We don't know enough about our own planet yet, nvm other planets and stars to claim anything to be "fact"

Scientists claim planets are inhabitable for intelligent life because we're still playing by our own naive rigid rules in terms of what can house itelligent life and more importantly, what "intelligent" life NEEDS to survive.

Last edited by Just C; 10-29-2014 at 11:12 AM.
Old 10-29-2014, 11:08 AM   #129
King Masa
Into The Sunset...

No rage, just pointing out your flawed logic. Carry on.
Old 10-29-2014, 11:13 AM   #130
Just C

It's not flawed. You just took it the wrong way. It was merely a figure of speech, wasn't intended to be taken litteral for all things.
Old 10-29-2014, 02:55 PM   #131
Plot

Battle Record: 26-32

Plot has a brilliant futurePlot has a brilliant futurePlot has a brilliant futurePlot has a brilliant futurePlot has a brilliant futurePlot has a brilliant futurePlot has a brilliant futurePlot has a brilliant futurePlot has a brilliant futurePlot has a brilliant futurePlot has a brilliant future

Festering, funk! Yeast, life began as bacteria

Plus: how is gravity not proven? things that spin suck things into them, this has to occur in space where no atmosphere exists. its obvious.

Last edited by Plot; 10-29-2014 at 02:59 PM.
Plot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 05:17 PM   #132
Fig
Om

Battle Record: 8-16

Fig has a brilliant futureFig has a brilliant futureFig has a brilliant futureFig has a brilliant futureFig has a brilliant futureFig has a brilliant futureFig has a brilliant futureFig has a brilliant futureFig has a brilliant futureFig has a brilliant futureFig has a brilliant future

You think God farts bros?

What's the octave of a God fart?
Old 10-29-2014, 05:24 PM   #133
Answer
He / Him / His

Battle Record: 20-1

Champed
- Summer Classic IX
- Netcees Battle League
- Fight night 15

Answer has a brilliant futureAnswer has a brilliant futureAnswer has a brilliant futureAnswer has a brilliant futureAnswer has a brilliant futureAnswer has a brilliant futureAnswer has a brilliant futureAnswer has a brilliant futureAnswer has a brilliant futureAnswer has a brilliant futureAnswer has a brilliant future

this isn't really anything new. Pope Francis is not the first Pope to say that evolution doesn't contradict theism. The Roman Catholic Church has pretty much recognized evolution and rejected intelligent design since the 1950's.

Postulating that evolution is a fact, it does conflict with a lot of ideas in the bible. Everything ranging from Adam and Eve to the idea that Man & Dinosaurs once roamed the land together, and a large portion of Genesis are all null and void.

And there's really no sense in compartmentalizing the bible. You can't sit there and say "This book is infallible, and everything in it is a fact unless you can prove part of it wrong, at which point everything else is still a fact except for the parts you prove wrong." Eventually the Bible just turns into this perpetually receding guise of truth.

Does it mean there's no God? Of course not. But there's enough information out there for any logical person to deduce that all of the notions of religion that have been created by mankind are terribly incorrect
Answer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 05:43 PM   #134
Mike Wrecka
WOW

Battle Record: 29-25

Champed
- Writing Challenge League I

Mike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant future

@VERITAS , don't you Christian types believe that the world is only four or five thousand years old?

I was told that by a born again. I laughed in their face.

evolution has been proven through DNA.

and furthermore, it can be seen in real time fully visible to the naked eye through the process of natural selection. small mutations that are advantageous to a species survival will quickly be passed onto more and more offspring. while those lacking the mutation will die off. soon all that is left is the species with the mutation, at this point it is pronounced enough that it is an entirely new species and if it comes across the original species, that perhaps was isolated/living in different conditions and not exposed to the mutation, they will not recognize each other as viable breeding partners.

happens all the time

Tags
bad sciencethumping itt, im with veritas tbh, veritas netcees goat heel, veritas wins tbh