Netcees  

Go Back   Netcees > Vault > Archives > The Netcees archive > Short-Verse Topical Tournament
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Old 08-22-2014, 12:51 AM   #1
Certain
Mad fucking dangerous.

Battle Record: 40-19

Champed
- AOWL Season 3
- Art of Writing League (2x)

Certain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond repute
Default Round 1: 3. Camarac vs. R. Vividlyvague \\ Camarac wins via no-show

Welcome to Round 1!

The Basics

Check-ins are required by Monday, Aug. 25 at 11:59 p.m. PT. If you don't check in, you will be replaced.

Verses are due Thursday, Aug. 28 at 11:59 p.m. PT. THERE ARE NO EXTENSIONS

Votes are due Sunday, Aug. 31 at 11:59 p.m. PT.

Four votes are required from each competitor. For each missing vote, one vote will be deducted. Post proof of voting here.

Verses may not exceed 10 lines. If the length of a writer's lines is called into question, the standard will be 15 words per line, and verses of more than 150 words will be disqualified or required to be shortened.

Standard writing and voting rules are in effect. No biting. No recycling. Votes must be explained. No editing verses after the first vote or the verses deadline. Any other issues will be resolved using Art of Writing League Season 3 rules as the basis.

Topic

We Don't Care

Good luck, @Camarac and @Greed.
Old 08-22-2014, 05:52 AM   #2
Camarac
The Grinch

Camarac has a brilliant futureCamarac has a brilliant futureCamarac has a brilliant futureCamarac has a brilliant futureCamarac has a brilliant futureCamarac has a brilliant futureCamarac has a brilliant futureCamarac has a brilliant futureCamarac has a brilliant futureCamarac has a brilliant futureCamarac has a brilliant future

Yo,

I really am awful at this care job that I have
The people are more full of shit than their colostomy bags.
Job prospects are bad, and I don’t mean to be mean,
but honestly man they’re more few & far between than their teeth.
My colleagues cleaning up pee, everythin' stripped and washed,
when really it's me who unloaded when your relative pissed me off.
There’s meds you can sit and pop to waste time in this bitch
or better yet switch their bottles and see if they die of that shit.
My advice to you is take some time when you’re old
to be nice to your kids, since they pick your retirement home…

Last edited by Camarac; 08-22-2014 at 11:23 AM.
Old 08-29-2014, 03:09 AM   #3
Certain
Mad fucking dangerous.

Battle Record: 40-19

Champed
- AOWL Season 3
- Art of Writing League (2x)

Certain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond repute

@Vividlyvague replaces Greed.

You have until Saturday at 11:59 p.m. PT to post a verse.

@Camarac, you may edit your verse if you'd like as long as it's finalized by that deadline.