Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

User Tag List

Old 08-23-2014, 05:34 PM   #1
Zen
Arm the Homeless

Battle Record: 22-24

Champed
- Art of Writing League

Zen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant future
Default THE GOD DAMN MAGAZINE

Introduction

The Open Mic on netcee's 2 has had only one offical magazine in two years, and that's kind of pathetic tbh. Still, none of the writer's have ever complained and wanted a mag because zygote was there to give us our monthly review, but where the fuck has he been lately? Two months without a review, and a year between this mag and the last one is too damn long. Especially considering now the Open Mic is getting much more active now. For the first time on this site there are guys consistently dropping audios, which in the early days of this site almost never happened. Now these guys are dropping them here in the OM, and that means that the Open Mic is moving on up fellas. So, without further ado, let's get this shit started because Pepe Lopez got me pumped brahs.

The Top 5 Gayest Things About Netcee's Open Mic

5. The Recent Trend of Posting Thirty Drops a Week

This isn't necessarily a bad thing. I mean everyone who is active in the Open Mic loves activity, and if someone is posting something that means that they are going to end up feeding other posts as a result. That's a good thing....

....but when motherfuckers are dropping like four posts a day, I start to hate that person almost immediately. These SpokenvsWritten characters, and boy are they characters, are the main offenders. Not only that, but they comment on EVERYONE'S comments. So not only did they just knock your post off the first page because they posted thirty of their pieces, they just upped theirs right back to the top, because fuck you.

4. Feed just to feed.

This is a more generalized thing, but it needed to be addressed. Any of you ever looked through feed on one of your pieces and noticed that Person B's feed looks allot like Person A's feed? I have several times, and I think well maybe they've both read it and agree on the same thing. Maybe.

But in the back of my mind I always think that Person B just read Person A's feed and posted the same cot dayum thing. Especially when Person B leaves a link for me to return the feed. Don't be a gay, Person B. Whenever normal people read something and give their opinion on it, they give their fucking opinion on it. Not, "hey, what person A said. I just dropped this real cool thing so you should feed it even though I didn't read your stupid shit, faggot". Fuck you, Person B.

3. Every Battler Who Posts Anything in the Open Mic

This is gay for two reasons. The first reason is every battler calls everyone from the Open Mic a faggot at least twice a day, but usually more. I imagine them making their breakfast in the morning just getting angrier by the second at how big of faggots we are. So what do they do? They posting a fucking Open Mic. It always happens. Eventually they realize calling people faggots over and over tends to lose it's touch after about a month, but others have been doing it for ten years because, well, I don't know. Unfulfilled sex life, maybe?

The second reason this is gay is because whenever a battler posts something, people just automatically say it's dope even when it isn't. Actually, especially when it isn't. The last battler who posted something I liked in the Open Mic was Bags when he posted that shit as SupaDave. That was good. Most of the time it's the same damn flex with the same damn concepts. So, no battlers can not do topicals as well as topicalists, but if you lower the bar they can. Shit, if the real world lowered the bar I could be a lawyer. If the real world lowered the bar midgets wouldn't feel self conscious when they went out to drink. If the real world...ok that's enough.

2. Saila- The Alpha Male

This fucking guy, amirite? For a guy to write a verse called "The Alpha Male", he sure is a sensitive little fella. I gave feed, like a decent person. I even said a bunch of nice things that I didn't mean so I wouldn't hurt his feelings, but then I told him that one word was out of place. I don't remember what that word was, but it was out of fucking place. Saila, being the Alpha that he is, got butthurt and said, "Aw, hell naw cuz.", at least I'm pretty sure that's what he said, and this dude went nuts. All of the nice things that I just said didn't matter anymore. This dude takes his words SERIOUSLY. This dude went to college and got a doctorate in WORDS. I didn't even have the nerve to tell him he misspelled his name.

1. Everytime DexLabb does anything.

Just for the record, I actually think DexLabb can be funny. Like how he says, "oooooh", and "ahhhhh" mid verse. But each post this dude makes exudes a certain amount of gayness. Some posts more than others. He likes to talk about mainstream music like it's this mythical beast. This guy who is who hipsters aspire to be. Hipsters are all the time listening to indie shit because no one knows what it is. The reeeeaaaal hipster thing to do would be to luv dem some mainstream music because it's so gay. DexLabb knows what's up. Not only does he jerk off to mainstream music, he hates underground music because it doesn't make money. To take it a step further he posts "mainstream" lyrics to underground beats on a forum with like 200 active members. Tell me this dude isn't the greatest hipster ever.

Interview 1: Split

Zen: How ya doing there, Split? If I'm not mistaken your birthday is today, right? If so Happy Birthday, if not Happy Birthday whenever it is your actual birthday.

Split: Good, you Mr. Zentipede? My birthday was the 8th, and thanks. 21 brah.
Zen: So I'm five days older than you? I guess that doesn't mean much except that I'll probably die five days before you (I think that's how it works?), so if I don't log in for awhile you betta be worried nigga. I just realized this wasn't really a question but more or less a warning...lol

Split: Haha. With my lifestyle, you never know.

Zen: Take us through your writing process. How do you usually start a piece? Do you start the piece with the finished product in mind, or do you just start writing and see where it takes you?

Split: It very much depends on the topic/ nature of the piece. With pictures I usually run with my initial interpretation, and try to flesh out the idea simultaneously in my mind & on paper, just following a chain of thoughts.

With quotes and phrase topics, I start with an idea for what I want to end up with, and usually end up with something that isn't that but is also good.

With vent pieces and personal writing I don't post on this site, I just write til I don't feel the need to write any more. Then I go back and delete the shit parts and make it rhyme good.

Zen: Cool, cool. I ask you that because you have some of the most complex writing on the site from a conceptual standpoint. Where does that come from you think?

Split: I spend a decent amount of time manipulating my writing to get it just right. It's not always a good thing.

Zen: As for the other writers on the site, do you see any of them being overrated or underrated? Let's spark some controversy.

Split: I think the site's perception is pretty spot on as of late... In terms of how they fare in predictions I'd say Soulstice is underrated, Oats is overrated.

Zen: Off topic from writing, I hear you're a big fan of the automobiles. I'm the exact opposite. So, tell a guy who knows nothing about cars which car is the bestest in your opinion?

Split: Haha, there's honestly so many "best" cars depending on what you're looking for... Personally, I think a 2003 BMW M5 is the perfect car.

Zen: Well I've already gotta rad ass beard so the bitches love me, if I get a 2003 BMW M5 am I just going to be overwhelmed by the amount of pussy I'm getting? Because I get tired, you know what I'm saying?

Split: It's hard to be a playa.

Zen: And with that we conclude the interview. Final thoughts?

Split: Shout outs to the 10-line topical tourney & the impending school year

Writer Breakdowns

@zygote has been MIA for the past two months and the Open Mic has been missing his monthly reviews, and I'm almost positive I went through some sort of withdraws because of it. Since I'm not zygote, I won't break down verses that have been posted in the last two months because that's his thing. Instead I'll give a breakdown of the writers who've posted some notable Open Mics over the last two months. If you're left off the list, sorry but I just wrote allot of fucking shit so I really don't wanna hear it.

So here are your Writer Breakdowns...

@Silver: Honestly I've been saying for the two years that the site has been up to HOF this girl, but still she is not enshrined which makes the whole god damn thing a farce. Her simplicity is the key to her success. "White Guy" is the perfect example of that. Rhyming? Who gives a fuck about that? She just tells it how it is. I cried on that one piece where she was talking about her man, which I'm pretty sure was titled "My man". Genius.

Zen's Pick: Every single of them.

@DexLabb: He's a fucking idiot.

Zen's Pick: N/A

@Figurative : Fig posted one verse this month to very mixed reviews. I didn't think it was as bad as people made it out to be but Fig clearly didn't put much time into it. When Fig puts time into a piece, he's very talented. We've cyphered before and the things he sent me were the best I've seen from him. Sometimes I think he just overthinks things and tries to do too much. But when he's on, he's on.

Zen's Pick: http://netcees.co/showthread.php?t=69404

@dead man: Black is the dude that everyone knows in the Open Mic. Even DexLabb likes Black. In a gay way though obviously. The truth of the matter is this guy can write better than most of the Open Mic without even trying. I don't know about on other sites, but on netcees he has three of his pieces enshrined in the Hall of Fame and two of those came in one month if I'm not mistaken. Black's a beast, what else can I say?

Zen's Pick: http://netcees.co/showthread.php?t=28190

@Mitch: Mitch is more active in the Open Mic than most people on this site. Besides his audios, which let's be honest were awful, this guy can write well. I enjoy some of his rhyme schemes because they have a unique quality to them that drags me in. The problem with most of his writing is his concepts. Some pieces feel directionless and scattered and the others seem too direct. If Mitch finds the right balance he could be a great writer. But don't post anymore audios please.

Zen's Pick: http://netcees.co/showthread.php?t=78220

@dull boy: This guy is undoubtedly my favorite writer on the site. Who saw that coming!? (everyone) The truth of the matter is he doesn't try (same for the rest of his clique) and the shit comes out flawless every damn time. It's been awhile since he's dropped anything in the Open Mic, but his last piece he did post 'Ramble ramble candle ankle' was the best I've seen him drop in awhile. It'll probably be another fourteen years before we see a dull boy post because that's how he rolls, but it's always worth the wait.

Zen's Pick: http://netcees.co/showthread.php?t=17234

big baby: This is probably the funniest boarder on the site. Allot of people think his posts are stupid, but they're idiyotes. His humor translates well to his writing because most of the time in his pieces he is "riffing" on a topic, like Pancake's sister in his latest piece. One of the best writers on this site, and like dull boy, he doesn't even try. Which really pisses me off. But me and bb still enemies so fuck you.

Zen's Pick: http://netcees.co/showthread.php?t=47654

@UnbornBuddha: What can you say about this guy? He's very talented as a writer but a bit long winded in his approach. He's even more long winded when trying to talk to him, fuhrealz. Still, the important thing is the writing and he can write and do it very well. His style is something that I will admittedly say his style is likely not going to be liked by everyone, but he's been here a month and has left allot of feedback and posted a couple of pieces. So, welcome.

Zen's Pick: http://netcees.co/showthread.php?t=85599

@Kin: Prior to Kin coming to the site there were hardly any audios ever posted into the Open Mic. After his arrival there seems to be a new one posted everyday. I don't know if that's because he brought them here, or it's purely coincindental, but I'll give Kin the credit for it anyway. Some people (DexLabb) don't like what he's posted, but for the most part people have seemed to enjoy his work, me included. The guy can rap, and he produces his own beats if I'm not mistaken. He's good peoples.

Zen's Pick: http://netcees.co/showthread.php?t=82357

@Certain: The champion of AOWL Season 3 has posted two pieces this month if I'm not mistaken, and both of them were good. Btw, one of them didn't even rhyme and I chuckled from it. Certain is easily one of the most talented (see what I did there!?) writers on the site, but prior to this month he hasn't been seen around these parts much. Now that the AOWL season is over and he is no longer running the league, we're likely to see much more of Certain.

Zen's Pick: http://netcees.co/showthread.php?t=23057

@CopyPat: Pat is the muthafucking man, plain and simple. No one on this site rhymes like Pat. Some people may rhyme better or worse, but Pat's rhymes are undeniably his. Every piece of his reminds of Old School rap, specifically East Coast rappers, because of his laid back style of story telling and sense of humor. The fact that this man is not in the HOF is a cot dayum travesty. Instant HOF, Pat.

Zen's Pick: http://netcees.co/showthread.php?t=66065

@YDK: The underdog in the last AOWL Championship match has posted two pieces in the OM this month just like his opponent in the match. He may have been the underdog in the match, but he's very underrated in his writing ability. He's been doing this awhile on both RB and NC's and if I'm not mistaken he champed the SS, but I could be mistaken since I really don't know what goes on over there. Anyway, this guy gets slept on allot because he might not be the best writer on the site, but still he is very good.

Zen's Pick: http://netcees.co/showthread.php?t=77639

@Split: One of the faves around these parts. He's one of those guys who writes a piece and right after you finished reading it you wanna go down a whole bottle of Ritalin and read it again. The guys good, and his feedback is generally some of the best of the Open Mic because of his honesty. He speaks his mind and tells you exactly what's wrong with it, and he's almost always right. His writing is heavily influenced by Black, so much so that in their recent collab no one in the first few posts even recognized that Split wrote the first verse. If that doesn't speak to his talents, I don't know what does.

Zen's Pick: http://netcees.co/showthread.php?t=50667 (and it got 0 feed, so feed it guize)

@oats: This guy here is good peoples. Last month I nominated his piece "Catharsis" for the HOF and I sincerely hope it makes the cut because I think it definitely deserves it (update: yeah, it made it). He's one of the best writers here who can capture emotions in a scene, and he's one of the very best and setting a scene and describing it perfectly. Easily on par with Certain and dead man who are two of the very best in the those aspects I just noted. He dropped another piece earlier this month called "Tabula Rasa", but admittedly I haven't gotten around to reading it yet. If his previous work is any indication, it's probably amazing so everyone go and check it out.

Zen's Pick: http://netcees.co/showthread.php?t=76874

@Vulgar: Vulgar is that dude. One of the best writers and gives some of the best feedback on the site. Reading a Vulgar piece you are essentially reading a single scene in a history textbook in rhyme form. He takes insane topics, some that I still have no idea what he's talking about, and makes them extremely enjoyable. Each line is packed with so much information and detail but it never really seems stretched because he's so damn great at rhyming that it doesn't even bother him. Dude's a beast, and he always has rad avy's.

Zen's Pick: http://netcees.co/showthread.php?p=293375

@Genocide: Genocide is that dude. Tbh I'm not sure how many pieces he's posted in the past two months, but if I'm remembering right it's been quite a few. He's one of the most consistent writers on this site, and his latest song he's posted with Seadad was dope as fuck tbh. On the text side of things he's proved to have some of the best rhymes on the site, and his audio's are proof that he has the delivery to pull them off on a track, and that's waaaaay more than most writers on this site can say.

Zen's Pick: http://netcees.co/showthread.php?t=84974 (listen bishes)

@Mike Wrecka: Mike reminds me allot of Pat because of the obvious East Coast influence on his style. Mike's flow is always on point, and he's good wit dem multi's. If I had to make a complaint about Mike's writing it would be on the content. Mike tends to write purely topicals while I'd much rather Mike write about himself. Unicorns are cool and all, I mean who doesn't love them, but what's going on with YOU, Mike? Let us know.

Zen's Pick: http://netcees.co/showthread.php?t=17568

Interview 2: dull boy

Zen: Hello, dull boy. How was your day today? I've been hearing from my sources (you) that you just underwent "major oral surgery". How's that going for you?

dull boy: Hello, Zen. My day was peachy, and I thank you for asking. I woke up an hour before (5:30am) my alarm (I-Phone harps) went off (opposite of on) and my habitual checking of the internets began; a ritual I've recently found myself wishing to break. First, The Atlanta Journal Constitution for baseball news on the Braves. They've found themselves in quite the rut since the All-Star break. BJ Upton, whom they signed to a 5 year $75,000,000 contract last off season continues to hover the Mendoza line and hamstring the organization financially. I think all athletes should have a 70% salary cut, but that's more of a societal conversation, as opposed to a sports debate. My early morning internet surfing eventually brings me here (the green screen, as I call it). It's mostly a fruitless endeavor, full of people I have little in common with. I see coming here as laziness and having better things to do than look for a better suited community. Hip Hop culture, even the counter culture part of it, is lifeless, to me. Maybe I'm just old, and I realize the overzealous nature of youth and all things indulged in during that time. Sometimes I think it's depression, but sometimes I think it's just reality that's depressing... but if reality is depressing, and afterlife is unlikely, then denial is advantageous. Sarah Connor's sundress. Anyhow, Hip Hop is kind of boring, like most things. Know what I like to do? Play catch. I could throw a baseball back and fourth most of the day.

Zen: Intresting. Take us through your writing process. First, what would you say is the major influence on your work? What made you begin to write, and how do you write a piece now? Do you listen to music, start with an idea or certain rhyme, etc.?

dull boy: The major influence on my work... vanity? Boredom? Habit. When I first started writing it was an exciting process of organizing my thoughts and wording them perfectly in order to best display my opinion on things. It was about making someone see things the way that I saw them. I wrote passionately about politics, philosophy, current events and cultural policies. I liked to think I was doing something. Making a dent. Changing the world. I realize it's that naivete that allows for ambition to cause change, but maybe I'm not so concerned anymore about the world burning itself to ash. Life on this planet, human life especially, is really only a blip in the timeline of earths existence, and earth is only one planet of X amount of planets in X amount of solar systems in X amount of galaxies etc. etc. Humanity isn't an important to me as it once was. You are not a unique and beautiful snowflake. I'm not saying we're worthless, but it's just not the crusade it once was. That passion I used to have fueled my thirst for improvement. For a while it was vanity. Writing is something I think we can all do, but that's only because I can do it. I say that, because I don't have this vain view of writing anymore. Each of us has a potential, I think, and I believe I saw my potential. Did I max it out? No, but I saw what it could be, and for me that's all I needed. How do I write a piece now? All different kinds of ways. If you've read my open mics then you'll see I mostly just experiment now. Things are seldom written with a goal of top notch quality in mind. Sometimes I write just as simply as I'm answering these questions, but allow myself to make them rhyme. Very often I'll find that annoying, and go on tangents about how forcing myself in a direction due to a rhyme scheme is frustrating. Then my thought process takes me into dissecting how we write and perceive writing, and I completely lose track of my original intention to write. What I'm saying, Zen, is I have the attention span of a 31 year old american. Long ago, I would hear a phrase and just think it sounded cool and I'd expand on it until it was an idea and a rhyme scheme surrounded by other cool sounding phrases and ideas. I'd tie them together so they all fit coherently into a bar or concept. Art and shit, I guess. We all have this idea of what is dope, and some of us have a deeper concept of life and all things to be considered in it. That allows you to pull from places, and see things others wouldn't, and make things others wouldn't even know you were making unless they knew how to look for them. I think it's things like that that make me a 'good' writer. There's 'substance' coming out of my ears. I've just gotten myself 'too' deep in the rabbit hole to even care about what is or isn't 'dope', anymore. Vanity, for sure.

Zen: Who in your mind is the most underrated writer on this site? And on the opposite side, who do you see as the most overrated?

dull boy: I don't read enough people on this site to say who is the most over/underrated, nor do I have my finger on the pulse of the green screen collective. Vulgar is very talented, mostly due to his mind and his passion. Wise is fun, because he's fucked up and goes with it. Cake is deep, but talks about being deep a lot in a way that makes me feel like he's trying to be deep, even though he is. I think I could be perceived that way, too. bb da bb is annoying as fuck, to me. I don't get it. I don't get a lot of things that people here find cool. I'm old, I guess.

Zen: Now for a question that's off topic from writing. If you were stuck on an island and were allowed only one book, one movie, and one album, which would you choose?

dull boy: This question, Zen? Really? The island question? Is this a favorites question, or a YOU'RE ON A FUCKING ISLAND, question? Because if I were on an island alone, I'd have to think about my mental health and which options would help me in my solitude. I'll answer it as a favorites question...

Book - To Kill a Mockingbird
Movie - The Princess Bride. Shawshank Redemption. The Shining. Truman Show. Saving Private Ryan. Moneyball. Major League. Bull Durham. Cloud Atlas. Don't make me choose, Zen.
Album - Lucy Ford EP's

Zen: DON'T YOU SASS ME DULL BOY. FOR THAT OUTBURST THE NEXT QUESTIONS WILL BE ALL ISLAND QUESTIONS.

YOU'RE TOM HANKS AND YOU JUST GOT CASTED AWAY. YOU'RE ONLY FRIEND IS A GOD DAMN VOLLEYBALL. WHAT WOULD YOU NAME THAT MOTHERFUCKER?

dull boy: Don't take the sass personally. I have sass coming out my ears. Sass and substance. Mad abundant. I got a frag concussion from these flash eruptions. Pass a gun clip so I can cap these punk bitch ragamuffins. Sorry. I'm not Tom Hanks, but if I were I'd name my volleyball Susan Sarandon. I'd tell it to produce me a sandwich, then call her 'Suze' when she brought two pieces of bread full of sand, '... bitch'. I get Helen Hunt and Jodie Foster confused, sometimes. I wanna put them in a machine that melts people together. An oven? Yea, an oven. I wanna cook them into one deformed person, like Jeff Goldblum in The Fly. Geena Davis and Tom Hanks were in A League of Their Own. Six degrees of Kevin Bacon. One time, I was watching TV, and Kevin Bacon was on seven stations. Not really. Have you seen that movie where he's like a survival guide on this nature hike for teens? He breaks his leg or some shit. His FOOT was all LOOSE and shit. Dangling foot. Rudyrudyrudyrudyrudy saves him or something, I think. It's weird that Rudy rhymes with Goonies. It's weird that Josh Brolin came into fame so late. It's weird that the lead in that movie Best Laid Plans wasn't cast better. I started wearing contacts recently. Shit is cool. I'd name my volleyball Tom Hanks, and I'd pretend it was me, and I was a tribesman who had always lived on the island. I'd talk to Tom Hanks about his movies and separate myself from my identity until I became Matt Damon. I wanna fuck Sarah Silverman. I recently watched Wreck It Ralph. That shit was dope. Ever seen Way of the Gun? You should, if you haven't. You and your gay uncle over there, y'all should watch it together.

(At this point in the interview dull boy left the room yelling, "YOU AIN'T GOT THE ANSWERS, SWAY. YOU AIN'T GOT THE ANSWERS, SWAY." No matter how many times I told him that I wasn't Sway, or that I didn't have the answers, he wouldn't stop until he left the hallway. Hours later as I was walking through my office lobby I saw dull boy throwing a baseball at a wall and then he waited for it to roll back to him, only to throw it again. He turned and looked at me, his already balding head shining from the light that creeped through from the windows, he nodded his head, and I walked off listening to him continue throwing the ball at the wall .)

*two weeks later*

Zen: If that answer was meant to get me off topic from the island thing, it worked. How do you know my gay uncle? Nevermind, I don't wanna know, man.

So, I just turned 21 and I already hate everything. Is it only gonna be worse by the time I'm 30?
dull boy: Oh, hey. You're still here. I zoned out for a week. Had a dream I was in a tint with Rustin Cohle and Mickey Knox. Mallory was talking some philosophical shit, but she looked like Brenda from Six Feet Under (which I've been rewatching recently). Your gay uncle made no appearances, unfortunately.

21, huh? Good, good. 10 years ago I would have had some sort of wisdom to impart upon you, but as age has taught me that no one knows everything (I used to know everything) and ideology changes by the day; I'm in a period where I figure everyone has their own journey... man (that's my Dude impression). You can hate everything; there's plenty to hate. I think my personal dullness comes from some developed (and now possibly manic) fascination with this concept I have of 'reality'. It's from growing up in a time of optimism shaded by a lot of denial, I think. We're over here building our subdivisions and growing epidemically obese, and playing the J.I. Joe role to the world, while 'we' overthrow governments and blahblahblah *political rant*. I have an unfortunate sense of unity with humanity, so when we suffer, I feel it's my duty to not live it up in a subdivision, put on a suit and feed my dog while mowing my lawn in front of my white picket fence. Perhaps there's some self sabotage afoot... perhaps? So, yeah; hating things is just kind of a personal choice and what not. There's plenty to not hate... if you can look the other way.

Zen: Anything else you'd like to say?

dull boy: No, not really.

Interview 3: DexLabb

Now, I sit down with most disliked member of the Open Mic in an exclusive interview. It's groundbreaking stuff here, folks. It's not often that a reporter, let alone some guy who's writing a mag for a bunch of nerds online, gets such a groundbreaking interview. See for yourself.

Zen: Would you like to be interviewed for the Open Mic magazine? It'll be humorous.

DexLabb: id love nothing more, lets do it

BANNED

Conclusion
Well, that's about all I got left in me. Thanks to @Split, @dull boy and @DexLabb for the interviews. This mag took like eight years to write so I won't promise that these mags will come often, but as long as zygote and his reviews are missing I'll try and drop a mag in the meantime to give us all a little validation, because if one thing's for certain, you're not a nerd if you're in a magazine. So long, gayboys.

Last edited by Zen; 08-24-2014 at 02:20 PM.
Zen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 05:38 PM   #2
Certain
Mad fucking dangerous.

Battle Record: 40-19

Champed
- AOWL Season 3
- Art of Writing League (2x)

Certain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks. Good magazine.
Old 08-23-2014, 05:50 PM   #3
DexLabb
song genius

DexLabb drags down this site on a Masaii-levelDexLabb drags down this site on a Masaii-levelDexLabb drags down this site on a Masaii-levelDexLabb drags down this site on a Masaii-levelDexLabb drags down this site on a Masaii-levelDexLabb drags down this site on a Masaii-levelDexLabb drags down this site on a Masaii-levelDexLabb drags down this site on a Masaii-levelDexLabb drags down this site on a Masaii-levelDexLabb drags down this site on a Masaii-levelDexLabb drags down this site on a Masaii-level

why Zenland gotta go dumb a-gain?
Dexlabb name catchin' fire like the hunger games,
they banned me cause they couldn't understand me,
understandably. im a symphony. mannn, ya'll a TAMBOURINE
Old 08-23-2014, 05:54 PM   #4
Kin
Kill.It.Nonstop

Battle Record: 3-3

Kin has a brilliant futureKin has a brilliant futureKin has a brilliant futureKin has a brilliant futureKin has a brilliant futureKin has a brilliant futureKin has a brilliant futureKin has a brilliant futureKin has a brilliant futureKin has a brilliant futureKin has a brilliant future

Appreciate this dudez time he put.into.thiz people....

Zen doin good thingz....thats whats up!
Kin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 05:56 PM   #5
Zen
Arm the Homeless

Champed
- Art of Writing League

Zen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by DexLabb View Post
why Zenland gotta go dumb a-gain?
Dexlabb name catchin' fire like the hunger games,
they banned me cause they couldn't understand me,
understandably. im a symphony. mannn, ya'll a TAMBOURINE
You tell 'em dawg.
Old 08-23-2014, 06:01 PM   #6
Certain
Mad fucking dangerous.

Champed
- AOWL Season 3

Certain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond repute

@Zen, what verse would you like me to break down to repay this kind magazine?
Old 08-23-2014, 06:10 PM   #7
Zen
Arm the Homeless

Champed
- Art of Writing League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Certain View Post
@Zen, what verse would you like me to break down to repay this kind magazine?
You don't have to do that, but if you want to, then Fig and I would appreciate some feed on our collab. Thanks.
Old 08-23-2014, 06:13 PM   #8
Certain
Mad fucking dangerous.

Champed
- AOWL Season 3

Please send me a message with the parts you wrote so that I don't accidentally read @Figurative's writing.
Old 08-23-2014, 06:23 PM   #9
Zen
Arm the Homeless

Champed
- Art of Writing League

His parts are the ones in Spanish.
Old 08-23-2014, 06:38 PM   #10
Sho Money EMG

Battle Record: 7-12

Sho Money EMG Sho Money EMG Sho Money EMG Sho Money EMG Sho Money EMG Sho Money EMG Sho Money EMG Sho Money EMG Sho Money EMG Sho Money EMG Sho Money EMG
Send a message via AIM to Sho Money EMG

Good work homie.
This site is whack
Sho Money EMG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 07:12 PM   #11
Mike Wrecka
WOW

Battle Record: 29-25

Champed
- Writing Challenge League I

Mike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant future

cool stuff zenland. I actually forgot all about that verse you linked. props dude
Old 08-23-2014, 07:49 PM   #12
King Ra.
The Throne, The Crown

Battle Record: 21-35

King Ra. has a brilliant futureKing Ra. has a brilliant futureKing Ra. has a brilliant futureKing Ra. has a brilliant futureKing Ra. has a brilliant futureKing Ra. has a brilliant futureKing Ra. has a brilliant futureKing Ra. has a brilliant futureKing Ra. has a brilliant futureKing Ra. has a brilliant futureKing Ra. has a brilliant future

Good job on this, Zen.
Old 08-23-2014, 08:16 PM   #13
Vulgar
Razor-thin derision

Battle Record: 40-25

Accomplishments
- OM HOF

Champed
- Fight Night LIV
- Gimmick Battle League (2x)
- Write Week II
- Art of Writing League
- Storytelling And Topical Invitational Tournament
- STI
- Haiku Writer Challenge
- GWL Picture Challenge(2x)

Vulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant future

Nice, long live the OM.
Vulgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 08:23 PM   #14
Camp Bell

Battle Record: 10-18

Camp Bell Camp Bell Camp Bell Camp Bell Camp Bell Camp Bell Camp Bell Camp Bell Camp Bell Camp Bell Camp Bell

LMAOOOO

so nobodys gonna comment how @dull boy turned his interview
into an open mic piece? title it "The Interview" for this threads
sake tho
Old 08-23-2014, 09:23 PM   #15
oats
Steel Cut

Battle Record: 19-10

Accomplishments
- OM HOF (2x)

Champed
- Fight Night LXXXIV
- Art of Writing League

oats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant future

dope shit, appreciate the effort, Zen
Old 08-23-2014, 10:24 PM   #16
Certain
Mad fucking dangerous.

Champed
- AOWL Season 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by dull boy View Post
sand, '... bitch'
@big baby
Old 08-23-2014, 10:47 PM   #17
CopyPat
Mic Check

Battle Record: 13-10

CopyPat has a brilliant futureCopyPat has a brilliant futureCopyPat has a brilliant futureCopyPat has a brilliant futureCopyPat has a brilliant futureCopyPat has a brilliant futureCopyPat has a brilliant futureCopyPat has a brilliant futureCopyPat has a brilliant futureCopyPat has a brilliant futureCopyPat has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to CopyPat

Vintage dullboy

haha this was pretty good man. i read the whole damn thing. some funny parts, it was solid. everyone appreciates these, cool shit. dull stole the show hahaha, that interview was mad entertaining and the highlight of this whole thing tbh aha, awesome. also going to peep some of these "old" drops cause at first glance i don't think i've seen a few of em before. thanks again! props
Old 08-23-2014, 10:56 PM   #18
big baby
obsessed

Battle Record: Faggot-1

Accomplishments
- can recite entirety of shrek 2

Champed
- tangoed with spider man behind scenes in spider-man 2
- was candidate for gerber baby 3x
- smush parker like bb comment on instagram saying "u fucka suck idiyote"
- smush beer on head and didn't cry
- parallel parked in between 2 ferrari's in tonky truck once
- when saying pledge of allegiance i said "i don't" lmao deadass bb satan
- won tshirt from taco bell saying "taco cat" is the same backwards for filling out 500 surveys in a
- neighbor house caught on fire i call FIRE department and saved lives, was in newspaper
- set neighbor house on fire lmao
- fuck neighbor husband and wife
- first fish caught resembled david ortiz
- colin kaepernick
- related to genghis khan
- elected assistant to the vice president assistant to the president for regional chess club
- never lost game of hide and seek

big baby has a brilliant futurebig baby has a brilliant futurebig baby has a brilliant futurebig baby has a brilliant futurebig baby has a brilliant futurebig baby has a brilliant futurebig baby has a brilliant futurebig baby has a brilliant futurebig baby has a brilliant futurebig baby has a brilliant futurebig baby has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to big baby

didnt like it, really
@Certain
If mentioned in a discussion its who'd still use wordy lines and act all dope
Then again hes had this schtick so long he like bb da bb da bb thats all folks
big baby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 11:15 PM   #19
dull boy
consults Lloyd

Battle Record: 0-8

Champed
-1-2 Punch League Roast

dull boy has a brilliant futuredull boy has a brilliant futuredull boy has a brilliant futuredull boy has a brilliant futuredull boy has a brilliant futuredull boy has a brilliant futuredull boy has a brilliant futuredull boy has a brilliant futuredull boy has a brilliant futuredull boy has a brilliant futuredull boy has a brilliant future

@big baby
dull boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 02:19 PM   #20
Zen
Arm the Homeless

Champed
- Art of Writing League

I actually forgot to add the entire @dull boy interview. It's in the mag now.

Why the fuck am I never tagged? Shit making me feel all left out and shit. Shit...