Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

User Tag List

Old 07-24-2014, 03:49 AM   #1
Zen
Arm the Homeless

Battle Record: 22-24

Champed
- Art of Writing League

Zen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant future
Default blank

These ain't words you're reading. This is a terminal illness.
Misery needs company, and I'm lurking within it.
Hate all company. I burned all the bridges.
Walked a sociopath with the thirst of a sinner.
Watched my life slip away without knowing I did it.
Let pride get in the away of my emotional commitments.
Now I'm left with a wine tip in the tray, soda and bourbon for dinner.
Sigh, and cut the chase. Up the dosage to feel it.
Flipped my mattress over. Now there's no more indentions.
Now look the mattress over.
You'd never know she existed.

I miss her company. I miss those moments in the kitchen,
talking over dinner. The food always got cold before we finished.
Make love on the counter. Put a hold on them dishes.
But that love devoured my soul. I became emotional.

A cynic.

I pushed her away. Asked only for distance.
"Have it your way."
Her tone was different.
She packed her things, and hit the road in her Civic.
I replay those moments over hoping to forget it,
til that day I look the house over,
and don't know anyone's missing...
Zen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 04:52 AM   #2
Exis

Battle Record: 3-3

Exis Exis Exis Exis Exis Exis Exis Exis Exis Exis Exis

Idk if I've commented on your stuff before, if your Zenland I have I think...but yeah whatevers.This was tight from top to bottom...you have some great emotion in this and for the majority I thought your word usage was pretty crisp, seems like your thoughts come with ease and when pennin' them down shit turned out effortless without the use off overly complex content which I liked...was a real easy read, flow was straight man...dope verse.

Watched my life slip away without knowing I did it.
Let pride get in the away of my emotional commitments.
Now I'm left with a wine tip in the tray, soda and bourbon for dinner.
Sigh, and cut the chase. Up the dosage to feel it.

^^Nice.

I pushed her away. Asked only for distance.
"Have it your way."
Her tone was different.

^^Been there.

Stay upwards.
Exis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 08:24 AM   #3
dead man
living

Battle Record: 33-18

Accomplishments
- Hall of Fame

Champed
- AOWL Season 1
- Art of Writing League
- AOWL Season 4
- Write Week V
- GWL Season 1

dead man has a brilliant futuredead man has a brilliant futuredead man has a brilliant futuredead man has a brilliant futuredead man has a brilliant futuredead man has a brilliant futuredead man has a brilliant futuredead man has a brilliant futuredead man has a brilliant futuredead man has a brilliant futuredead man has a brilliant future

Flipped my mattress over. Now there's no more indentions.
Now look the mattress over.
You'd never know she existed.
Old 07-24-2014, 01:07 PM   #4
DexLabb
song genius

DexLabb drags down this site on a Masaii-levelDexLabb drags down this site on a Masaii-levelDexLabb drags down this site on a Masaii-levelDexLabb drags down this site on a Masaii-levelDexLabb drags down this site on a Masaii-levelDexLabb drags down this site on a Masaii-levelDexLabb drags down this site on a Masaii-levelDexLabb drags down this site on a Masaii-levelDexLabb drags down this site on a Masaii-levelDexLabb drags down this site on a Masaii-levelDexLabb drags down this site on a Masaii-level

idk man again, ur flow is so predictable. he just said da da dada. oh i bet hes gonna say da da dada again! OH HE DID!

terminal illness, lurking at bridges, bleh bleh bleh, boring dude. you have good ideas but u need to SPICE that bitch up. be unpredictable. be wata.
Old 07-24-2014, 03:00 PM   #5
big baby
obsessed

Battle Record: Faggot-1

Accomplishments
- can recite entirety of shrek 2

Champed
- tangoed with spider man behind scenes in spider-man 2
- was candidate for gerber baby 3x
- smush parker like bb comment on instagram saying "u fucka suck idiyote"
- smush beer on head and didn't cry
- parallel parked in between 2 ferrari's in tonky truck once
- when saying pledge of allegiance i said "i don't" lmao deadass bb satan
- won tshirt from taco bell saying "taco cat" is the same backwards for filling out 500 surveys in a
- neighbor house caught on fire i call FIRE department and saved lives, was in newspaper
- set neighbor house on fire lmao
- fuck neighbor husband and wife
- first fish caught resembled david ortiz
- colin kaepernick
- related to genghis khan
- elected assistant to the vice president assistant to the president for regional chess club
- never lost game of hide and seek

big baby has a brilliant futurebig baby has a brilliant futurebig baby has a brilliant futurebig baby has a brilliant futurebig baby has a brilliant futurebig baby has a brilliant futurebig baby has a brilliant futurebig baby has a brilliant futurebig baby has a brilliant futurebig baby has a brilliant futurebig baby has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to big baby

@dexxlabb you know he continued the scheme until the last verse, right? idiyote
If mentioned in a discussion its who'd still use wordy lines and act all dope
Then again hes had this schtick so long he like bb da bb da bb thats all folks
big baby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 03:37 PM   #6
PancakeBrah
SOBER

Battle Record: 2-5

Champed
- AOWL Season 2

PancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DexLabb View Post
idk man again, ur flow is so predictable. he just said da da dada. oh i bet hes gonna say da da dada again! OH HE DID!

terminal illness, lurking at bridges, bleh bleh bleh, boring dude. you have good ideas but u need to SPICE that bitch up. be unpredictable. be wata.
You're particularly harsh for not being good at all
PancakeBrah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 04:22 PM   #7
DexLabb
song genius

DexLabb drags down this site on a Masaii-levelDexLabb drags down this site on a Masaii-levelDexLabb drags down this site on a Masaii-levelDexLabb drags down this site on a Masaii-levelDexLabb drags down this site on a Masaii-levelDexLabb drags down this site on a Masaii-levelDexLabb drags down this site on a Masaii-levelDexLabb drags down this site on a Masaii-levelDexLabb drags down this site on a Masaii-levelDexLabb drags down this site on a Masaii-levelDexLabb drags down this site on a Masaii-level

whenever you get a group of people together with similar interests there develops a hierarchy and beliefs. you fucking retards (and its okay) believe that writing talent is described by ability to write these half way hiphop poems. for some reason you believe the rest of the world would agree (they would laugh in your face)

i think it takes like 8 years at least to realize that shit, then you understand that writing for the masses is actually harder.. because of exponentially more forces at work that have to be satisfied
Old 07-24-2014, 04:24 PM   #8
DexLabb
song genius

imagine writing some shit that you could post to like 1000 facebook friends and they would like that shit. imagine u posted what u post now (to a normal audience and not hipster fuck faces or bookworms) you would be embrassed. you wouldnt do it. think bout that
Old 07-24-2014, 04:25 PM   #9
DexLabb
song genius

thats why this culture is so pseudonymous, because deep down you know you would be alienated for it
Old 07-24-2014, 04:26 PM   #10
PancakeBrah
SOBER

Battle Record: 2-5

Champed
- AOWL Season 2

PancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond repute

So you're complaining about the paradigm on the site while posting all the time on the site? What a crusader.

Get back to your never-will-happen rap career and leave us to our half hip hop poems. You're logically weak.

I'll feed this piece as penance for free posting your thread zen
PancakeBrah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 04:32 PM   #11
Split

Battle Record: 27-22

Split has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond repute

No one here cares if the world would agree. We laugh in your face, and it drives you insane. We laugh at you because you write Drake lyrics to Drake beats and post them on a manpoem message board. You wear a WWDD bracelet and sleep in a Drake blanket. You emulate sell-outs and think you're next level. You think that standing on top of a mountain makes you a mountain climber.

Nobody cares what is harder. Writing for the masses is pointless when the masses don't read what you write. If anyone here wants to do hip-hop they leave and do hip-hop. None of this is hip hop. You're absurd, and your rhyming sucks.

You can't write to this tiny audience but think that you can nail down a big one

Last edited by Split; 07-24-2014 at 04:36 PM.
Split is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 04:33 PM   #12
Split

Split has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond repute

Nigga talkin bout posting trash twitter lyrics to facebook & getting a record deal
Split is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 04:39 PM   #13
Zen
Arm the Homeless

Battle Record: 22-24

Champed
- Art of Writing League

Zen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Split View Post
You emulate sell-outs and think you're next level.

You can't write to this tiny audience but think that you can nail down a big one
Wowzer
Zen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 04:41 PM   #14
UnbornBuddha

Battle Record: 23-10

Champed
- Art of Writing League
- AOWL Season 5

UnbornBuddha has a brilliant futureUnbornBuddha has a brilliant futureUnbornBuddha has a brilliant futureUnbornBuddha has a brilliant futureUnbornBuddha has a brilliant futureUnbornBuddha has a brilliant futureUnbornBuddha has a brilliant futureUnbornBuddha has a brilliant futureUnbornBuddha has a brilliant futureUnbornBuddha has a brilliant futureUnbornBuddha has a brilliant future

This was enjoyable. The rhyme scheme was on point. It was short and sweet. The content though was not spectacular because the theme is a bit cliche even though it may have pertinent value, but still a rendition that is praise worthy due to a well done execution.
UnbornBuddha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 05:07 PM   #15
Witty
Lime Life

Battle Record: 30-41

Accomplishments
- Only Slightly Retarded

Champed
- Lyric Olympics
- Summer Classic

Witty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant future

Quote:
imagine writing some shit that you could post to like 1000 facebook friends and they would like that shit. imagine u posted what u post now (to a normal audience and not hipster fuck faces or bookworms) you would be embrassed. you wouldnt do it. think bout that
I show my writing to everyone...because it's dope and only a handful of people are fucking with it.

Nothing to be ashamed of, I don't deal in shame, it is not my currency.

As for writing for the masses...I mean, where the masses at?

Show me these masses.

Witty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 08:46 PM   #16
DexLabb
song genius

large audience is easier to hold down than a tiny one. because little marginalized fuck faces on these message boards have this twisted sense of self entitlement. mostly everyone here sucks balls, ive done what ur doing and i did it better. long ago, so what if i post here? ban my ass then

and yo, drake is not a sell out. drake > jay z
Old 07-24-2014, 09:18 PM   #17
Split

I know your alias and you were not good and you're like 16
Old 07-24-2014, 09:39 PM   #18
big baby
obsessed

Accomplishments

Champed
- won tshirt from taco bell saying "taco cat" is the same backwards for filling out 500 surveys in a
- neighbor house caught on fire i call FIRE department and saved lives, was in newspaper
- colin kaepernick
- elected assistant to the vice president assistant to the president for regional chess club

big baby has a brilliant futurebig baby has a brilliant futurebig baby has a brilliant futurebig baby has a brilliant futurebig baby has a brilliant futurebig baby has a brilliant futurebig baby has a brilliant futurebig baby has a brilliant futurebig baby has a brilliant futurebig baby has a brilliant futurebig baby has a brilliant future

Quote:
I actually get more than 1000 likes with things I post not on here. I don't get your point. Say zen didn't get 1000, say he got 100. Why does everything have to be 'for the masses'

I have a few writer friends off of here and I periodically send them a few snippets of writers on here, and I will be sending him the line deadman quoted of zens. IT has content. Just because it rhymes doesn't mean shit, lol. And you'd be surprised how many non-hip-hop listeners actually like the 'flow' of things. and for the record, I've never sent anybody any of your things for them to enjoy. Cause it isnt enjoyable. Go crusade more of your fail drake songs. You'll go famous one day. And if you realized after so many years that it was useless to write particularly like this, why doesnt any of your more advanced-contempary-new-age writing reflect any of this 'skill' and 'realization'. Top tier topicalists on this site could literally tweak one or two words from the topicals, if at all and it would be enjoyed by a large audience. Get real.
Old 07-24-2014, 09:41 PM   #19
big baby
obsessed

Accomplishments

Champed
- colin kaepernick

oh damn didnt readsplits stuff nvm ether
Old 07-24-2014, 09:43 PM   #20
big baby
obsessed

Accomplishments

Champed
- colin kaepernick

dexx post these dope insightful poems and flex pieces, plz