Netcees  

Go Back   Netcees > Vault > Archives > The Netcees archive > AOWL Season 3 Archive
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Old 03-06-2014, 02:07 AM   #281
oats
Steel Cut

Battle Record: 19-10

Accomplishments
- OM HOF (2x)

Champed
- Fight Night LXXXIV
- Art of Writing League

oats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant future

honestly, I've tried to get into the Low End Theory, and it never stuck with me. That's one of those canonized records that I don't get.

but wait, you didn't even like Eminem Show @Certain? That's easily my favorite of Eminem's albums.
Old 03-06-2014, 02:08 AM   #282
timeless
past tense

Battle Record: 22-39

timeless has a brilliant futuretimeless has a brilliant futuretimeless has a brilliant futuretimeless has a brilliant futuretimeless has a brilliant futuretimeless has a brilliant futuretimeless has a brilliant futuretimeless has a brilliant futuretimeless has a brilliant futuretimeless has a brilliant futuretimeless has a brilliant future

never get into imayday! ?
Old 03-06-2014, 02:10 AM   #283
Vulgar
Razor-thin derision

Battle Record: 40-25

Accomplishments
- OM HOF

Champed
- Fight Night LIV
- Gimmick Battle League (2x)
- Write Week II
- Art of Writing League
- Storytelling And Topical Invitational Tournament
- STI
- Haiku Writer Challenge
- GWL Picture Challenge(2x)

Vulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant future

The Cold Vein is my favorite.
Old 03-06-2014, 02:10 AM   #284
oats
Steel Cut

Accomplishments
- OM HOF (2x)

Champed
- Fight Night LXXXIV
- Art of Writing League

oats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant future

Old 03-06-2014, 02:11 AM   #285
Certain
Mad fucking dangerous.

Battle Record: 40-19

Champed
- AOWL Season 3
- Art of Writing League (2x)

Certain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by oats View Post
honestly, I've tried to get into the Low End Theory, and it never stuck with me. That's one of those canonized records that I don't get.

but wait, you didn't even like Eminem Show @Certain? That's easily my favorite of Eminem's albums.
Not at all. I own it. But my second-favorite Eminem album is Infinite.
Old 03-06-2014, 02:19 AM   #286
oats
Steel Cut

Accomplishments
- OM HOF (2x)

Champed
- Fight Night LXXXIV
- Art of Writing League

you're an interesting man. last one: Internal Affairs by Pharoahe Monch. what's your beef with that one?
Old 03-06-2014, 02:22 AM   #287
Certain
Mad fucking dangerous.

Champed
- AOWL Season 3

Certain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
you're an interesting man. last one: Internal Affairs by Pharoahe Monch. what's your beef with that one?
So many shitty beats and hooks.
Old 03-06-2014, 02:29 AM   #288
oats
Steel Cut

Accomplishments
- OM HOF (2x)

Champed
- Fight Night LXXXIV
- Art of Writing League

honestly though, respect for even being able to make a list. I feel like I could do 15 with thought put in, and after that I'd order them pretty arbitrarily.
Old 03-06-2014, 02:32 AM   #289
Certain
Mad fucking dangerous.

Champed
- AOWL Season 3

I'm a list-maker.

It keeps my thoughts organized.
Old 03-06-2014, 02:33 AM   #290
oats
Steel Cut

Accomplishments
- OM HOF (2x)

Champed
- Fight Night LXXXIV
- Art of Writing League

you strike me as a baseball fan. is that correct?
Old 03-06-2014, 02:34 AM   #291
Certain
Mad fucking dangerous.

Champed
- AOWL Season 3

I prefer basketball, but baseball is not far behind.
Old 03-06-2014, 02:34 AM   #292
Ink

Battle Record: 5-5

Ink is a name known to allInk is a name known to allInk is a name known to allInk is a name known to allInk is a name known to allInk is a name known to all

http://elitedaily.com/news/technolog...er-90-minutes/

since most of you consider yourselves to be writers of some sort. what is your take on this?

STILL working on that book I left competing for... ig: @dchang.poetry
Old 03-06-2014, 02:36 AM   #293
Ink

Ink is a name known to allInk is a name known to allInk is a name known to allInk is a name known to allInk is a name known to allInk is a name known to all

double posted. stupid forum/internet/anything but me

Old 03-06-2014, 02:41 AM   #294
Certain
Mad fucking dangerous.

Champed
- AOWL Season 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ink View Post
http://elitedaily.com/news/technolog...er-90-minutes/

since most of you consider yourselves to be writers of some sort. what is your take on this?
I read slowly by most people's standards. My internal editor never shuts off. I prefer it, though, because I'm weird. I don't read nonfiction books and don't target genres in fiction. I read for the writing, the story structures and the narrative techniques.

I imagine this will be great for college students and for many more normal readers.
Old 03-06-2014, 02:42 AM   #295
oats
Steel Cut

Accomplishments
- OM HOF (2x)

Champed
- Fight Night LXXXIV
- Art of Writing League

I just ask because people I know who like baseball like rankings and statistics and all that.
@Ink personally I don't find value in reading really fast, at least not in the context of reading literature. if you're reading emails and shit that's pretty cool though.
Old 03-06-2014, 02:45 AM   #296
Certain
Mad fucking dangerous.

Champed
- AOWL Season 3

Quote:
I just ask because people I know who like baseball like rankings and statistics and all that.
That's true of sports in general, perhaps aside from football, where the statistics are as dull as the minds of the athletes.
Old 03-06-2014, 02:48 AM   #297
oats
Steel Cut

Accomplishments
- OM HOF (2x)

Champed
- Fight Night LXXXIV
- Art of Writing League

agreed, I guess I always thought it was more pronounced in baseball, maybe because I'm not much of a baseball fan and that's how I assume people enjoy watching it. why no nonfiction?
Old 03-06-2014, 02:49 AM   #298
Ink

@Certain @oats yeah I think it's a cool idea.. nice for when you have to speedread through some crap, but i wouldn't like it when i'm reading casually. you won't get to enjoy how a sentence is constructed and all the nuances that come with seeing an entire page..

also, kids generally already suck at writing. if they have this... well fuck.

Old 03-06-2014, 02:49 AM   #299
Certain
Mad fucking dangerous.

Champed
- AOWL Season 3

Quote:
why no nonfiction?
It's not written as well. Ideally nonfiction adheres to facts, which is a limiting factor. And since I'll never be able to read all the great fiction, why bother with nonfiction?
Old 03-06-2014, 02:52 AM   #300
timeless
past tense

Battle Record: 22-39

timeless has a brilliant futuretimeless has a brilliant futuretimeless has a brilliant futuretimeless has a brilliant futuretimeless has a brilliant futuretimeless has a brilliant futuretimeless has a brilliant futuretimeless has a brilliant futuretimeless has a brilliant futuretimeless has a brilliant futuretimeless has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Certain View Post
I prefer basketball, but baseball is not far behind.
not many people would say that besides myself it seems. amazing how a lack of physical contact can have so many people overlook the game's complexity. Or if it's baseball, it's not traditional, anyone can throw a ball in a basket, tall divas, etc.
Closed Thread

Tags
belfast > dublin, bombing irish cars, craig ferguson is a god, cross eyed oriental, fuck ireland. fuck its people., fuck leprechauns, gaelic is gay, irishmen rape drunk foxes, no irish allowed, no. irish. allowed., s.o.a fucked irish, scottish>>>irish, watch leprechauns fuck, what does the witty say?, witty gay for ydk, witty got kicked outta atr, witty is actually scottish, witty wants ydk penis