Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

User Tag List

Old 11-08-2013, 11:08 PM   #61
PancakeBrah
SOBER

Battle Record: 2-5

Champed
- AOWL Season 2

PancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by namix View Post
hahah, this is why we should be talking about ODB more

Ghost's charisma >

He made a career out of being interesting.

I'd pay top dollar for a legitimate, HBO level documentary on Wu Tang. Like how it all came together, through their words, and the process of making 36 Chambers. I'm sure there's shit out on the internet that you could piece meal to get the same effect, but a legit high level doc on it with interviews would be a must watch.
And the ditch in the back road stop
Could you find me?
PancakeBrah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 11:11 PM   #62
Destroyer
Bags will be avenged

Battle Record: 85-58

Accomplishments
- 50+ Wins

Champed
- Gimmick Battle League
- 1-2 Punch League (5x)
- Fight Night LXXIX
- Fight Night 4
- Netcees Battle League (2x)
- NPL Roast

Destroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant future

who spit first on triumph though?
it was deck, wasn't it?
that verse alone should just give him some props
philosophy.
Destroyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 11:14 PM   #63
PancakeBrah
SOBER

Battle Record: 2-5

Champed
- AOWL Season 2

PancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond repute

I think Deck's verse on 'Triumph' is generally considered one of the best in the Wu canon. Even though if you break it down it doesn't make a lot of sense. Flow and scheme was crazy for its time.
And the ditch in the back road stop
Could you find me?
PancakeBrah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 11:15 PM   #64
Destroyer
Bags will be avenged

Accomplishments
- 50+ Wins

Champed
- Gimmick Battle League
- 1-2 Punch League (5x)
- Fight Night LXXIX
- Fight Night 4
- NPL Roast

Destroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant future

yep it just makes u go fuuuuck
philosophy.
Old 11-08-2013, 11:24 PM   #65
Objective
( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)

Battle Record: 17-32

Objective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant future

Ghostface, Method Man, Inspectah Deck. In that order. Mostly due to nostalgia reasons and who I listened to the most. Might not be ''correct'' but idgaf.

One of the things that truly introduced me to Ghostface and Wu-Tang as a whole and got me hooked beside of just some songs here and there was this skatepart and that beat:

Ye, I was a late bloomer to most oldschool shit as I didn't get my own PC until I was 15-16 when I could finally download/access all that music. Too bad I lost the Girl ''Yeah Right'' Skateboarding VHS tho', I think someone stole it. That might be my favourite skatepart ever as well and the DVD version doesn't have the Apollo Kids beat on it.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=gV8ozGcGJ6o
Objective is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 11:26 PM   #66
namix
been that, done there.

Battle Record: 2-1

Accomplishments
- OM HOF

namix has a brilliant futurenamix has a brilliant futurenamix has a brilliant futurenamix has a brilliant futurenamix has a brilliant futurenamix has a brilliant futurenamix has a brilliant futurenamix has a brilliant futurenamix has a brilliant futurenamix has a brilliant futurenamix has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by PancakeBrah View Post
Ghost's charisma >

He made a career out of being interesting.

I'd pay top dollar for a legitimate, HBO level documentary on Wu Tang. Like how it all came together, through their words, and the process of making 36 Chambers. I'm sure there's shit out on the internet that you could piece meal to get the same effect, but a legit high level doc on it with interviews would be a must watch.
no doubt bro. i would have individually defended most members at any given moment in the past-- but the thought of a wutang documentary wouldnt have been somethin i'd consider payin for until pretty much now... i was just gettin into hip hop when they were comin on -- had such a strong affinity for pac as an individual that it took me a minute to appreciate the clan.

but yea, i'd split that top dollar doc. with you at this point. solid nostalgia and strong thread.
Old 11-08-2013, 11:28 PM   #67
Destroyer
Bags will be avenged

Accomplishments
- 50+ Wins

Champed
- Gimmick Battle League
- 1-2 Punch League (5x)
- Fight Night LXXIX
- Fight Night 4
- NPL Roast

kickstarter that shit. I bet you'd get bank to do it
I'll shoot it. holla at ya boy
philosophy.
Old 11-08-2013, 11:48 PM   #68
namix
been that, done there.

Battle Record: 2-1

Accomplishments
- OM HOF

namix has a brilliant futurenamix has a brilliant futurenamix has a brilliant futurenamix has a brilliant futurenamix has a brilliant futurenamix has a brilliant futurenamix has a brilliant futurenamix has a brilliant futurenamix has a brilliant futurenamix has a brilliant futurenamix has a brilliant future

anyone else by chance have that "The Source Presents: Hip Hop Hits" '97 on heavy rotation in the day??

if i had to point to one album, that's the one that eventually brought me to this scene, site, thread and post lol....

s'not like any of the songs individually are really up there for me --- but just one of those albums i would just let play all the way through.

Hypnotize - The Notorious B.I.G.
Triumph - Wu-Tang Clan
Look Into My Eyes - Bone Thugs-n-Harmony
Da Joint - EPMD
Can't Nobody Hold Me Down - Puff Daddy and Mase
Bout It, Bout It - Master P
Front Lines (Hell on Earth) - Mobb Deep
Mary Jane - Scarface
Big Bad Momma - Foxy Brown and Dru Hill
Firm Biz - The Firm (Nas, Foxy Brown, AZ and Nature)
Bow Down - Westside Connection
Whateva Man - Redman
Elevators (Me & You) - OutKast
Crush on You - Lil' Kim and Lil' Cease
I'll Be - Foxy Brown and Jay-Z
We Trying to Stay Alive - Wyclef Jean and Refugee Camp All-Stars
Phenomenon - LL Cool J
Hay - Crucial Conflict
Old 11-09-2013, 12:27 AM   #69
Certain
Mad fucking dangerous.

Battle Record: 40-19

Champed
- AOWL Season 3
- Art of Writing League (2x)

Certain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond repute

I'm probably the only one who thinks this, but my favorite Wu-Tang Clan posse cut verse might be GZA's from "Protect Ya Neck (Tha Jump Off)," the song on The W (which is pretty underrated).

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Genius
Run on the track like Jesse Owens
Broke the record flowing, without any knowing
That my wordplay run the 400 meter relay
It's on once I grab the baton from the DJ
A athlete wit his iron cleat in the ground
Wildest nigga who sprint off the gun sound
The best time yet still 7.0
Swift flow made the cameramen clothes blow
One of the cool things about the Wu-Tang Clan's best work is that there's always a debate.

Last edited by Certain; 11-09-2013 at 12:30 AM.
Certain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 12:38 AM   #70
Untold

Battle Record: 10-7

Untold Untold Untold Untold Untold Untold Untold Untold Untold Untold Untold

OB4CL is officially my favorite hip-hop album of all time, if not one my favorite musical albums ever

I dunno how anyone can really disagree that OB4CL isn't the best solo Wu cut of them all

The albums solid music from start to finish. It rewrote hip-hop in my eyes and changed the way sampling was being used at the time. Revolutionary in so many ways. Plus, if I'm not mistaken, it was the first time you got a glimpse into hip-hop becoming a theatrical musical on cassette and CD. Also, the first time you saw "alter-egos" and artists taking on a fictional life of their own and acting it out on a track.

If you ask me, nothing is really touching OB4CL. NOTHING!
Old 11-09-2013, 12:43 AM   #71
Untold

Quote:
Originally Posted by namix View Post
anyone else by chance have that "The Source Presents: Hip Hop Hits" '97 on heavy rotation in the day??

if i had to point to one album, that's the one that eventually brought me to this scene, site, thread and post lol....

s'not like any of the songs individually are really up there for me --- but just one of those albums i would just let play all the way through.

Hypnotize - The Notorious B.I.G.
Triumph - Wu-Tang Clan
Look Into My Eyes - Bone Thugs-n-Harmony
Da Joint - EPMD
Can't Nobody Hold Me Down - Puff Daddy and Mase
Bout It, Bout It - Master P
Front Lines (Hell on Earth) - Mobb Deep
Mary Jane - Scarface
Big Bad Momma - Foxy Brown and Dru Hill
Firm Biz - The Firm (Nas, Foxy Brown, AZ and Nature)
Bow Down - Westside Connection
Whateva Man - Redman
Elevators (Me & You) - OutKast
Crush on You - Lil' Kim and Lil' Cease
I'll Be - Foxy Brown and Jay-Z
We Trying to Stay Alive - Wyclef Jean and Refugee Camp All-Stars
Phenomenon - LL Cool J
Hay - Crucial Conflict
Look at how much New York was running hip-hop at that time. Only real cats outside of that city made this cut. Master P's "Bout it, Bout it" is such a classic hood anthem out the south. And Outkast... Oh man. I miss the days of 'Dre 3000 and Daddy Phat Sacks spittin on tracks together =\
Old 11-09-2013, 12:47 AM   #72
Untold

Btw, has anyone seen the Wu live???

1 of the SICKEST shows I've ever been to

The RZA literally gave my homie the mic and let him spit one of ODB's verses on "Shimmy Shimmy Ya". Like from start to finish. Method smoking with the crowd, kicking it and hanging out with us. Very hype group. Plenty of energy
Old 11-09-2013, 04:29 AM   #73
Frank

Champed
- NWL Season 2
- Art of Writing League (5x)
- Lime Green Poetry Association
- AOWL Season 6
- AOWL Season 10

Frank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant future

raekwon easy
Old 11-09-2013, 04:32 AM   #74
Frank

Champed
- NWL Season 2
- AOWL Season 6
- AOWL Season 10

Frank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant future

then ghost and odb
Old 11-09-2013, 04:33 AM   #75
Frank

Champed
- NWL Season 2
- AOWL Season 6
- AOWL Season 10

WU BLOCK is my shit
Old 11-09-2013, 04:41 AM   #76
Ryan 12
Worst of the worst

Battle Record: 6-1

Ryan 12 has a brilliant futureRyan 12 has a brilliant futureRyan 12 has a brilliant futureRyan 12 has a brilliant futureRyan 12 has a brilliant futureRyan 12 has a brilliant futureRyan 12 has a brilliant futureRyan 12 has a brilliant futureRyan 12 has a brilliant futureRyan 12 has a brilliant futureRyan 12 has a brilliant future

Redman
Ryan 12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 07:25 AM   #77
Mike Wrecka
WOW

Battle Record: 29-25

Champed
- Writing Challenge League I

Mike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant future

we just cant leave out U God from this discussion
Old 11-09-2013, 08:25 AM   #78
Witty
Lime Life

Battle Record: 30-41

Accomplishments
- Only Slightly Retarded

Champed
- Lyric Olympics
- Summer Classic

Witty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant future

Method Man always and forever.

Witty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 08:44 AM   #79
Rawn MD
Get MacDon

Battle Record: 3-7

Accomplishments
- OM HOF

Rawn MD Rawn MD Rawn MD Rawn MD Rawn MD Rawn MD Rawn MD Rawn MD Rawn MD Rawn MD Rawn MD

Method man than ghost face than odb than raekwon

A. bove T. he R. est
Rawn MD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 09:31 AM   #80
King Ra.
The Throne, The Crown

Battle Record: 21-35

King Ra. has a brilliant futureKing Ra. has a brilliant futureKing Ra. has a brilliant futureKing Ra. has a brilliant futureKing Ra. has a brilliant futureKing Ra. has a brilliant futureKing Ra. has a brilliant futureKing Ra. has a brilliant futureKing Ra. has a brilliant futureKing Ra. has a brilliant futureKing Ra. has a brilliant future

Wuuuu-Tanggggg Clannnnnn.

Best, deepest, hip hop crew ever? Would anyone agree?

Anyways, I co-sign with whoever had said Inspectah Deck's verse on "Triumph" is one of, possibly the best verse..... ever. You can't skip that shit. And then Method Man followed up with a slick verse. Wuuuuuuu.
@Objective "Apollo Kids" is that shiiiiiit.

But yo, it's hard for me to choose a clear cut favorite. Method Man & Ghostface Killah are my niggas. Their styles are cool. I like ODB. Very underrated because he is unique. "I Got Your Money" is my favorite track.

Wu as a whole are just dope. Definitely legends in hip hop.
King Ra. is offline   Reply With Quote