Netcees  

Go Back   Netcees > Vault > Archives > The Netcees archive > AOWL Season 2 Archive
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Old 10-27-2013, 01:43 AM   #441
Certain
Mad fucking dangerous.

Battle Record: 40-19

Champed
- AOWL Season 3
- Art of Writing League (2x)

Certain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond repute

Guys, don't recycle.
Old 10-27-2013, 01:45 AM   #442
YDK
ghost in the matrix

Battle Record: 14-25

Champed
- Art of Writing League (x2)
- Lime Green Poetry Association

YDK has a brilliant futureYDK has a brilliant futureYDK has a brilliant futureYDK has a brilliant futureYDK has a brilliant futureYDK has a brilliant futureYDK has a brilliant futureYDK has a brilliant futureYDK has a brilliant futureYDK has a brilliant futureYDK has a brilliant future

Split did my baby mama's unwiped ass make you think of crispy 20 minute pizzas or did you quote the wrong post lmao
but seriously, how the fuck do you get the pizza out without burning every living skin cell off your hands? Don't tell me oven mitts cuz those shits can barely grasp the fuckin pizza pan as it is
Old 10-27-2013, 01:48 AM   #443
YDK
ghost in the matrix

Champed

YDK has a brilliant futureYDK has a brilliant futureYDK has a brilliant futureYDK has a brilliant futureYDK has a brilliant futureYDK has a brilliant futureYDK has a brilliant futureYDK has a brilliant futureYDK has a brilliant futureYDK has a brilliant futureYDK has a brilliant future

I don't, fuck the earth. Styrofoam and water bottles not made of eco friendly shit are all I use

Quote:
Originally Posted by Certain View Post
Guys, don't recycle.
Old 10-27-2013, 01:54 AM   #444
e11even
V.V

Battle Record: 31-20

e11even has a brilliant futuree11even has a brilliant futuree11even has a brilliant futuree11even has a brilliant futuree11even has a brilliant futuree11even has a brilliant futuree11even has a brilliant futuree11even has a brilliant futuree11even has a brilliant futuree11even has a brilliant futuree11even has a brilliant future

@symetrik

Colour of Foundation

(hey, wake up.)
you ever wondered where your blue eyes came from?
I met your mother back in nineteen eighty-one.

(wake up)
I was fifteen and dollar-less,
less interested in listening to lectures then to lick her tits,
we'd hook up near the outhouse where the scholar's shit

(wake up!)
trench war politics, bricks to keep the stench in,
high school hiding spot, where kids would learn to French kiss,
and sip up off of the liquor drinks to stagger from establishment,
romanticizing sex with every chick they've ever had it with...

(is that bottle empty?)
"frantic" fits, you could say we moved a little fast,
addiction triggered relapse like a selfish ass,
though no one knew the grind like her pelvis had.
double line, tight lips, flip to see who tells her dad.

(someone call 911)
I let her have.

(hurry!)
nine months later, the trauma took you and your mum's life,
you were christened on the outskirts of a dump site.
I sympathize with wolves when we scream at moons.

(I don't feel a pulse.)
I'll see you soon.

I started to break your drop down the way you did mine, then I noticed the triple element here. That was fucking genius. You are the father talking to the (dead?) daughter(i'm assuming daughter just off of instinct) about her deceased mother, while also staging the realtime incident. Orrrrrrr... was him committing suicide the inset dialog?? I'd rather let my imagination wander.

Bravo. This was dark, lively and full of depth and character. I got a brief feel of inception/ shutter island from this.

This could have easily gone unnoticed if no one cared to read past the 3rd stanza, but I feel like the way you set it up was very right. I think some wording could have been better, but overall this all came together where it was supposed to to give the reader that "ah-ha!" moment. The only thing I feel like I'm missing is how the color comes in... the dump site maybe? The mother's skin (hence, 'foundation')? Once again, good shit.

Last edited by e11even; 10-27-2013 at 02:57 AM.
Old 10-27-2013, 01:54 AM   #445
YDK
ghost in the matrix

Champed

Wait why in the fuck would you recycle a verse that don't go with the topic? Am not only that, a verse that got horrible feedback an just a shit verse in general lmao
Old 10-27-2013, 01:59 AM   #446
e11even
V.V

e11even has a brilliant futuree11even has a brilliant futuree11even has a brilliant futuree11even has a brilliant futuree11even has a brilliant futuree11even has a brilliant futuree11even has a brilliant futuree11even has a brilliant futuree11even has a brilliant futuree11even has a brilliant futuree11even has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by YDK View Post
Wait why in the fuck would you recycle a verse that don't go with the topic? Am not only that, a verse that got horrible feedback an just a shit verse in general lmao
your'e chipper this evening.
Old 10-27-2013, 02:03 AM   #447
Certain
Mad fucking dangerous.

Battle Record: 40-19

Champed
- AOWL Season 3
- Art of Writing League (2x)

Certain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I read the verse, started typing up a response and thought, "Man, this has nothing to do with the topic.

Then I thought, "It's almost as though it was written to an entirely different topic." So I Googled it.

Google knows everything, guys.
Old 10-27-2013, 02:03 AM   #448
symetrik

Battle Record: 5-7

symetrik has a brilliant futuresymetrik has a brilliant futuresymetrik has a brilliant futuresymetrik has a brilliant futuresymetrik has a brilliant futuresymetrik has a brilliant futuresymetrik has a brilliant futuresymetrik has a brilliant futuresymetrik has a brilliant futuresymetrik has a brilliant futuresymetrik has a brilliant future

Quote:
The only thing I feel like I'm missing is how the color comes in... the dump site maybe? The mother's skin (hence, 'foundation')? Once again, good shit.
It's the colour of her foundation (as in make-up).
She always put it on to cover up the stress acne.
Old 10-27-2013, 02:06 AM   #449
YDK
ghost in the matrix

Champed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Certain View Post
I read the verse, started typing up a response and thought, "Man, this has nothing to do with the topic.

Then I thought, "It's almost as though it was written to an entirely different topic." So I Googled it.

Google knows everything, guys.
I mean cmon split eight is in this league an voted on that verse before lol "heeeyyyy this looks familiar gies"
Old 10-27-2013, 02:08 AM   #450
YDK
ghost in the matrix

Champed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vividlyvague View Post
your'e chipper this evening.
Yeah found out today the company I work for is gettin sold lol
Old 10-27-2013, 02:54 AM   #451
e11even
V.V

Quote:
Yeah found out today the company I work for is gettin sold lol
That's fucking horrible. That same thing just happened to my mom. They recently just laid her off after a year and a half of the takeover diliberation. She was there for almost 15 years. Fucking assholes.

Think they're gonna lay you off?
Old 10-27-2013, 04:16 AM   #452
YDK
ghost in the matrix

Champed

Its 50/50 right now, I could get laid off or I could get a raise of a few dollars I wont really know till the end of the year. Im sorry bout your mom too the shit sucks bro, hopefully she finds something better with the experience of 15 years
Old 10-27-2013, 04:30 AM   #453
e11even
V.V

Quote:
Its 50/50 right now, I could get laid off or I could get a raise of a few dollars I wont really know till the end of the year. Im sorry bout your mom too the shit sucks bro, hopefully she finds something better with the experience of 15 years
yea. good luck to you too.
Old 10-27-2013, 07:25 AM   #454
Mike Wrecka
WOW

Battle Record: 29-25

Champed
- Writing Challenge League I

Mike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant future

@Innovator , what happened?

@Certain good work finding that shit. let this be a lesson people
Old 10-27-2013, 08:10 AM   #455
Mike Wrecka
WOW

Battle Record: 29-25

Champed
- Writing Challenge League I

Mike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant future

@Witty @Diode @symetrik @NYCSPITZ, get those two votes in so you can have a battle tommorow
Old 10-27-2013, 11:20 AM   #456
Zen
Arm the Homeless

Battle Record: 22-24

Champed
- Art of Writing League

Zen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant future

Honestly, after retreading my drop, I hate my verse this week. Mike gave the most accurate vote I've ever seen on anything I've ever dropped lol.
Old 10-27-2013, 12:32 PM   #457
YDK
ghost in the matrix

Champed

I say we throw a fit on the next vote Zen just go the fuck off no matter way they say lol
Old 10-27-2013, 12:51 PM   #458
Zen
Arm the Homeless

Battle Record: 22-24

Champed
- Art of Writing League

Zen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant future

Lol I won't because I agree with the criticism of my verse this week. I've tried to do something different each week and this week I failed imo.
Old 10-27-2013, 01:14 PM   #459
YDK
ghost in the matrix

Champed

Lol that's wat makes it fun to yell :D
Old 10-27-2013, 01:16 PM   #460
Geno
White Earl

Battle Record: 10-15

Accomplishments
- Open Mic HOF (4x)

Champed
- Netcees Writers League
- Write Week I
- Write Week 8

Geno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to Geno

Wow @Innovator. Wtf dude