Netcees  

Go Back   Netcees > Forum > Discussion Board
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

User Tag List

Old 10-15-2013, 12:13 AM   #61
Fig
Om

Battle Record: 8-16

Fig has a brilliant futureFig has a brilliant futureFig has a brilliant futureFig has a brilliant futureFig has a brilliant futureFig has a brilliant futureFig has a brilliant futureFig has a brilliant futureFig has a brilliant futureFig has a brilliant futureFig has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Yoda View Post
if any of u sleep weirdo potheads are done, how about that sleep paralysis?
I had that a few months ago
I was freaking out trying to move
Old 10-15-2013, 12:16 AM   #62
Anjahl

Battle Record: 1-0

Anjahl has a brilliant futureAnjahl has a brilliant futureAnjahl has a brilliant futureAnjahl has a brilliant futureAnjahl has a brilliant futureAnjahl has a brilliant futureAnjahl has a brilliant futureAnjahl has a brilliant futureAnjahl has a brilliant futureAnjahl has a brilliant futureAnjahl has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenland View Post
You'll die without sleep. The Vietnamese man probably just didn't experience rem sleep. There's been people who've went without rem sleep because of brain injuries or strokes even but you'll die without sleeping at all.
There is a two percent of the population that require 2 hrs or less a night, and many of them can go weeks without any real negative effects. Quite frankly, you're wrong on this. The average person needs sleep; my statement was never that people don't need to sleep, but that there are people who go long periods without it to no negative effects at all. As a matter of fact, they tend to be more fit, stronger, and more resistant to pain then the average human.

Chyeeeaahh was saying that without dreams we go mad. There are people who go without dreaming who don't go mad. Therefore, his statement, well generally true in a sense, is not completely true.
Anjahl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 12:16 AM   #63
Sho Money EMG

Battle Record: 7-12

Sho Money EMG Sho Money EMG Sho Money EMG Sho Money EMG Sho Money EMG Sho Money EMG Sho Money EMG Sho Money EMG Sho Money EMG Sho Money EMG Sho Money EMG
Send a message via AIM to Sho Money EMG

That's the worst. Ever have one where ur trying to scream for help but it won't work or ur screamin really low
This site is whack
Sho Money EMG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 12:19 AM   #64
Fig
Om

Fig has a brilliant futureFig has a brilliant futureFig has a brilliant futureFig has a brilliant futureFig has a brilliant futureFig has a brilliant futureFig has a brilliant futureFig has a brilliant futureFig has a brilliant futureFig has a brilliant futureFig has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Improvise View Post
That's the worst. Ever have one where ur trying to scream for help but it won't work or ur screamin really low
Yeah fuck, or the ones where you wake up screaming

or the ones where your grandma turns your dad lesbo to run train on her sister
Old 10-15-2013, 12:20 AM   #65
Split

Battle Record: 27-22

Split has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by namix View Post
exactly --- that is why "time" is so important

if your mind enters alpha mode, or deeper brainwave levels, you do not experience time.

that is why clocks will show up weird as fuck in dreams... one of the main triggers (or tips/tricks) for lucid dreaming.... your mind cannot co-create the environment you experience in the dream world while "managing time" -- because time is not a dimension we influence in any reality...

so look at a clock while dreaming -- you'll see it either stopped, going backwards -- or showing up with weird symbols and shit... something that "triggers" that you are dreaming.

some will wake up immediately until they are used to 'riding the wave' --- but eventually, you will find what we will all find, at some 'point in time' :)
you quoted yourself to agree with yourself?

also, you cannot read/ visualize symbols correctly in your dreams. If you ever lucid dream, try it. Shit looks like its written in Hylian
Quote:
Originally Posted by Masaii View Post
Zhuangzi butterfly theory?
whats dat

i used to have mad vivid dreams where I was dying/ getting sucked through a wormhole of one universe, and waking up in another... legit woke up sometimes wondering if it was real or not, or id have false memories/ memories that i ciuldnt tell if they were from dreams or not.
Old 10-15-2013, 12:20 AM   #66
Split

Split has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond repute

dreams are active memory
Old 10-15-2013, 12:21 AM   #67
Sho Money EMG

Sho Money EMG Sho Money EMG Sho Money EMG Sho Money EMG Sho Money EMG Sho Money EMG Sho Money EMG Sho Money EMG Sho Money EMG Sho Money EMG Sho Money EMG

Word@ waking up screaming
This site is whack
Old 10-15-2013, 12:22 AM   #68
Sho Money EMG

Lucid dreaming is wild.
This site is whack
Old 10-15-2013, 12:23 AM   #69
Fig
Om

Quote:
Originally Posted by Improvise View Post
Word@ waking up screaming
Lmfao

oh you....
Old 10-15-2013, 12:23 AM   #70
Zen
Arm the Homeless

Battle Record: 22-24

Champed
- Art of Writing League

Zen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anjahl View Post
There is a two percent of the population that require 2 hrs or less a night, and many of them can go weeks without any real negative effects. Quite frankly, you're wrong on this. The average person needs sleep; my statement was never that people don't need to sleep, but that there are people who go long periods without it to no negative effects at all. As a matter of fact, they tend to be more fit, stronger, and more resistant to pain then the average human.

Chyeeeaahh was saying that without dreams we go mad. There are people who go without dreaming who don't go mad. Therefore, his statement, well generally true in a sense, is not completely true.
You just agreed with me and said I'm wrong.
Zen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 12:24 AM   #71
Darth Yoda

Battle Record: 6-2

Accomplishments
- Open Mic HOF

Darth Yoda has a brilliant futureDarth Yoda has a brilliant futureDarth Yoda has a brilliant futureDarth Yoda has a brilliant futureDarth Yoda has a brilliant futureDarth Yoda has a brilliant futureDarth Yoda has a brilliant futureDarth Yoda has a brilliant futureDarth Yoda has a brilliant futureDarth Yoda has a brilliant futureDarth Yoda has a brilliant future

Anjahl, that's not entirely accurate. IT was just a claim made by some peasant asian guy. Also, yeah, you need sleep. I can both go against you and with you on your claim where I used to not sleep at all, the most was about 2-3 years ago where I didn't sleep (at most was about 6-7 days) and then slept and it recurred for about 10 more times till I finally went mad and now I'm here.

jk, I mean the part about not sleeping is true but I'm not mad (some might disagree), but it really was bad, for me. I get about 6-7 hours now and I feel absolutely great, sometimes 5. And I can function on 3-4 fine, 2 hours is pushing it, but then again I am only 12 years old.

but seriously, yeah, you need sleep.
Darth Yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 12:26 AM   #72
Split

if you don't enter deep cycle sleep, your body doesn't repair your organs at a sufficient rate. that'd be like running a car for a week straight, but on a constant feed of gas. eventually you will die from it.
Old 10-15-2013, 12:28 AM   #73
Darth Yoda

Accomplishments
- Open Mic HOF

Darth Yoda has a brilliant futureDarth Yoda has a brilliant futureDarth Yoda has a brilliant futureDarth Yoda has a brilliant futureDarth Yoda has a brilliant futureDarth Yoda has a brilliant futureDarth Yoda has a brilliant futureDarth Yoda has a brilliant futureDarth Yoda has a brilliant futureDarth Yoda has a brilliant futureDarth Yoda has a brilliant future

My only occasion of sleep paralysis was when I first moved into an apartment, and I had a wall seperator (see through) from the living room to the dining room. I was in the dining room since I hadnt set everything up and I saw this shadowy figure go around with what seemed like a scythe or a long sword clutched, and he was walking so fucking slow but menacingly and it was freaky as hell. Normally, this has happened to me before, I've had a few people break in my house before, and I'm not really frightened by anything. I tried to get up because I thought I was awake, but I couldn't and by then I thought they drugged me or something cause I was slurring my speech. And by the time he turned the corner that's when I woke up and turned into a ninja and started fucking up absolutely nothing.
@Zenland. I also hear that sleep paralysis is due to interrupted REM
Old 10-15-2013, 12:29 AM   #74
Darth Yoda

Accomplishments
- Open Mic HOF

( i was scared, apparently walking slow [zombie like, menacing, unscathed and unbodily is deemed 'scary'] also wearing clothes that cover your body with a weapon make it something like 3,000% scarier)
Old 10-15-2013, 12:32 AM   #75
Zen
Arm the Homeless

Battle Record: 22-24

Champed
- Art of Writing League

Zen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant future

@Darth Yoda I'm sure it is because the way I understand it is you're paralyzed during rem anyway. If you're not paralyzed during rem you're in a small group of people.
Zen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 12:33 AM   #76
Fig
Om

I was guna write something, but I looked up at the TV right before now and saw that scene from xmen 3 where professor X blows up in midair while staring solemnly into wolverines eyes...
Old 10-15-2013, 07:17 PM   #77
namix
been that, done there.

Battle Record: 2-1

Accomplishments
- OM HOF

namix has a brilliant futurenamix has a brilliant futurenamix has a brilliant futurenamix has a brilliant futurenamix has a brilliant futurenamix has a brilliant futurenamix has a brilliant futurenamix has a brilliant futurenamix has a brilliant futurenamix has a brilliant futurenamix has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Split Eight View Post
you quoted yourself to agree with yourself?
haha man, i am glad you pointed that out - because quoting myself to agree with myself is fucking awesome, and i look forward to doing it more often!

i THINK i was tryna respond to Zen's post re: 'what if the dreams arent dreams, but we wake up just to tire to sleep' -- OR to Geno's point about dreams recreating different parts of our day/etc in different orders

pretty much any post on that page woulda made sense to quote and talk about 'time' OTHER than mine haha... but fuck, i dont know...i was in the zone there and might have triggered a convo between me and myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Split Eight View Post
also, you cannot read/ visualize symbols correctly in your dreams. If you ever lucid dream, try it. Shit looks like its written in Hylian
word up --- have you had that moment RIGHT before too, where you actually acknowledge that you THINK you're reading because you just "understand" whatever it is your processing, but then finally see that it isn't normal language/order/letters/etc.? that's one of the more interesting moments in the 'ol dream scape from my perspective lol
Old 10-15-2013, 07:17 PM   #78
namix
been that, done there.

Battle Record: 2-1

Accomplishments
- OM HOF

namix has a brilliant futurenamix has a brilliant futurenamix has a brilliant futurenamix has a brilliant futurenamix has a brilliant futurenamix has a brilliant futurenamix has a brilliant futurenamix has a brilliant futurenamix has a brilliant futurenamix has a brilliant futurenamix has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by namix View Post
haha man, i am glad you pointed that out - because quoting myself to agree with myself is fucking awesome, and i look forward to doing it more often!
lol, couldn't agree more!