Go Back   Netcees > Forum > Discussion Board

User Tag List

Old 05-13-2019, 06:33 PM   #341
bleak
yeet

Battle Record: 20-34

Champed
- 1-2 Punch League

bleak has a brilliant futurebleak has a brilliant futurebleak has a brilliant futurebleak has a brilliant futurebleak has a brilliant futurebleak has a brilliant futurebleak has a brilliant futurebleak has a brilliant futurebleak has a brilliant futurebleak has a brilliant futurebleak has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharp View Post
The thing was the last targaryen... Burn them all... Was legitimately mentally ill and with a history of insanity and sadism. Dany arcing toward that to make her a villain isnt the issue, I honestly think it could have been a good move fo the character if I were done well. My issue is with how she turned on a dime

I understand that her advisors being picked off (jorah/missandei) or losing her trust (tyrion/varys) would enable the worst to come out in her, but she's still proved time and time again she's been on the side of the people. Cersei even seemed to want to undermine it. The speculation was actually that cersei was going to destroy her character by making her look insane by tricking/provoking her into doing something so destructive.... But instead of being the cunning manipulator who managed to be queen, she was practically the declawed victim... But that's my gripe with cersei

For Dany, to echo what people here already said, she didn't really seem amply set up to murder civilians like that. I would've believed her going straight for Cersei (assuming cersei was going to go down like a joke) and killing the civs in the red keep, but this was just for the sake of the cinematography

It did look cool
I disagree with her turning on a dime. It was something you could see brewing for a long time, ever since she came to Westeros. The Westerosi people are not her people, this was the whole point of every scene where shes talking about how they love Jon but dont know her. She knew once the news broke about Jon that this was really her only option if Jon wasnt going to marry her.

As far as Cersei, she did play that card, her plan was to force Dany to do what she did. Once she did, its like oh shit she wasnt playing im fucked. It was foreshadowed, once again, in the scene with Jon, where she says that Cersei sees her mercy as a weakness. She probably feels that way about the entire country at this point. Cersei overestimated her fighting force as well, the dragon destroyed her defenses in like 2 minutes (which btw their plan for this on both sides was far better than the Battle of Winterfell)

They could have done many things that are stunning visually. I think we are just disagreeing on the character development, i think it was a fine transition. I can see where people may think it wasnt, but i was ready and accepting for any option. I think a lot of people wanted it to go down a certain way, and now that it isnt they wanna blame the writers.

Battle to the death
like a woolah what it do to one’s medulla oblongata- revenge of Montezuma on a blotter
bleak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2019, 07:10 PM   #342
uh-oh
DA GOD

Battle Record: 1-0

Champed
- Beat Battle II
- Beat Battle V
- Beat Bags

uh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant future

it was a 180 degree turn.

dany is the defender of the innocent/breaker of chains/liberator/person of the people.

she became that because of how she conquered. the westerosi are her people. she was never given the opportunity yet until this battle to show that. instead she thought it was a better idea to burn everything to the ground

it was retarded, none of it was foreshadowed, it was forced by all the things you mentioned and rushed.

but its the shows own greatness at fault, when you had entire seasons to build up to a big event, full 8-9 hour long episodes of character development before some big event etc.

season 7 was a big turning point in rushinng everything and throwing logic to the wind. season 8 is hold my beer.
Old 05-13-2019, 07:45 PM   #343
King

Battle Record: 6-10

King has a brilliant futureKing has a brilliant futureKing has a brilliant futureKing has a brilliant futureKing has a brilliant futureKing has a brilliant futureKing has a brilliant futureKing has a brilliant futureKing has a brilliant futureKing has a brilliant futureKing has a brilliant future

nah even before she came to westeros she showed that she could be brutal.

she crucified like half a city. burned a ton of people alive. fed a couple random dudes to the dragons just to send a message.

her advisers have kept her on an even keel, then she got to a point where she stopped listening. they've been building this up since season 1, it's just that this season is rushed af so everything seems abrupt now.
King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2019, 07:55 PM   #344
Sharp
HE / HIM / FRAC

Battle Record: 56-21

Accomplishments
- 50+ Wins

Champed
- The Ultimate Writer
- NBL Cypher
- 1-2 Punch League

Sharp has disabled reputation

"I don't want to be queen of ashes"

And the Westerosi are her people. She's been saying that. She was born in kings landing and has said the crown was hers

I was fne with her burning the city - I come in with no expectations - but that was a weakly written downfall, which has been the story of this season. It seems like character decisions and twists are made for the sake of manufacturing drama and progressing the plot

Like, last week 1 scorpion >1 dragon. This week, 1 dragon > a literal army of scorpions
Sharp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2019, 08:02 PM   #345
Sharp
HE / HIM / FRAC

Battle Record: 56-21

Accomplishments
- 50+ Wins

Champed
- The Ultimate Writer
- NBL Cypher
- 1-2 Punch League

Sharp has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by King View Post
nah even before she came to westeros she showed that she could be brutal.

she crucified like half a city. burned a ton of people alive. fed a couple random dudes to the dragons just to send a message.

her advisers have kept her on an even keel, then she got to a point where she stopped listening. they've been building this up since season 1, it's just that this season is rushed af so everything seems abrupt now.
But those people were the 'masters' and it was retaliation for crucifying slaves. The dragons were the old masters who wouldn't play ball. I agree that it was rushed and they were building to it, but the snap manifested itself in such a retarded way that it didn't make sense... She wasn't on mad kind levels yet, and that was still strategic (if I'm going down I'm taking you with me)

The city was hers. The people were hers. She could have had everyone in the red keep. I could believe indiscriminate slaughter was in her downfall, but it was setup in a way that didn't suit the character (even where she's at now)

And I hated how they felt the need to say "when they ring the bells, stop fighting" directly to her then immediate effect before the battle. Basically "HEY GUYS DON'T FORGET THE BELL"
Sharp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2019, 08:13 PM   #346
~RustyGunZ~
(ง'̀-'́)ง

Battle Record: 52-28

Accomplishments
-50+ wins

Champed
-Summer Classic VIII
-Netcees Battle League
-BA Picture
-BA TagTeam
-Fight Night Cypher I
-Fight Night XXXV
-Key Grand Prix 2018 1/2

~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleak View Post
Please elaborate your complaints, since you havent. Show yourself capable of thought
You’re being a baby about it so no
~RustyGunZ~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2019, 08:51 PM   #347
King

Battle Record: 6-10

King has a brilliant futureKing has a brilliant futureKing has a brilliant futureKing has a brilliant futureKing has a brilliant futureKing has a brilliant futureKing has a brilliant futureKing has a brilliant futureKing has a brilliant futureKing has a brilliant futureKing has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharp View Post
But those people were the 'masters' and it was retaliation for crucifying slaves. The dragons were the old masters who wouldn't play ball. I agree that it was rushed and they were building to it, but the snap manifested itself in such a retarded way that it didn't make sense... She wasn't on mad kind levels yet, and that was still strategic (if I'm going down I'm taking you with me)

The city was hers. The people were hers. She could have had everyone in the red keep. I could believe indiscriminate slaughter was in her downfall, but it was setup in a way that didn't suit the character (even where she's at now)

And I hated how they felt the need to say "when they ring the bells, stop fighting" directly to her then immediate effect before the battle. Basically "HEY GUYS DON'T FORGET THE BELL"

Yea the writing was trash for sure. I think it was an impossible task to try and finish this story in 6 episodes. They were doomed as soon as they decided to cut the seasons down.

I read somewhere that is was a budget thing, that they only had 75 mil and they couldn't get 10 episodes done for that. At least not with the quality that they wanted for cgi, effects, etc.
King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2019, 08:55 PM   #348
~RustyGunZ~
(ง'̀-'́)ง

Battle Record: 52-28

Accomplishments
-50+ wins

Champed
-Summer Classic VIII
-Netcees Battle League
-BA Picture
-BA TagTeam
-Fight Night Cypher I
-Fight Night XXXV
-Key Grand Prix 2018 1/2

~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by King View Post
Yea the writing was trash for sure. I think it was an impossible task to try and finish this story in 6 episodes. They were doomed as soon as they decided to cut the seasons down.

I read somewhere that is was a budget thing, that they only had 75 mil and they couldn't get 10 episodes done for that. At least not with the quality that they wanted for cgi, effects, etc.
word it's wild tho it's one of the biggest shows on television

probably just the actors being mad greedy now lol cus they could have done 4 more eps between the big ones with little to no cgi to keep the pace a bit slower and give more build up. they must not be able to afford writers either though cus it's garbage. tyrion has 0 wit now.
~RustyGunZ~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2019, 09:35 PM   #349
uh-oh
DA GOD

Champed
- Beat Battle II
- Beat Battle V
- Beat Bags

uh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by seth View Post
word it's wild tho it's one of the biggest shows on television

probably just the actors being mad greedy now lol cus they could have done 4 more eps between the big ones with little to no cgi to keep the pace a bit slower and give more build up. they must not be able to afford writers either though cus it's garbage. tyrion has 0 wit now.
the moment tyrion passed his progression in the books he fell off to making shit jokes and quips

but yea they were cleared for 10 episodes by hbo but they preferred to wow us with visual effects and shit instead of story and cut it

i think dan and db just wanted out altogether.
Old 05-14-2019, 10:33 AM   #350
Diode
PR's Finest

Battle Record: 12-7

Diode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by uh-oh View Post
the moment tyrion passed his progression in the books he fell off to making shit jokes and quips

but yea they were cleared for 10 episodes by hbo but they preferred to wow us with visual effects and shit instead of story and cut it

i think dan and db just wanted out altogether.
they said outright they wanted out. they were 100% the reason for this.
Old 05-19-2019, 11:14 PM   #351
Diode
PR's Finest

Diode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond repute

Well. I guess when given a template they decided to just submit the template as their homework.

Lmao
Old 05-19-2019, 11:19 PM   #352
Diode
PR's Finest

Grey Worm: “You do not speak here!”

Tyrion: gives an epic speech and picks Bran as the new king

Grey Worm: Cool well I guess we’ll just go to the beach. See you guys later
Old 05-19-2019, 11:19 PM   #353
uh-oh
DA GOD

Champed
- Beat Battle II
- Beat Battle V
- Beat Bags

RIP the night king. The one true king of westeros.
Old 05-19-2019, 11:19 PM   #354
Diode
PR's Finest

Bran: I can never be Lord of Winterfell, I can never be Lord of anything, I'm the three-eyed raven.

Also Bran: I'm the King
Old 05-19-2019, 11:21 PM   #355
uh-oh
DA GOD

Champed
- Beat Battle II
- Beat Battle V
- Beat Bags

All bran wanted to be was a knight. But he had to be a little perv and next thing you know he is the king of 6 kingdoms because the 7th was like nah im good and the others were like uhh i guess we'll stay together FOR WHAT THO
Old 05-19-2019, 11:22 PM   #356
Diode
PR's Finest

BTW let's not forget that in GRRM canon Grey Worm just got everyone massacred by the butterflies of Naath
Old 05-19-2019, 11:23 PM   #357
Diode
PR's Finest

We're going to Tahiti, Jon! Just have some goddamn faith!!

-Arya
Old 05-19-2019, 11:49 PM   #358
josh s
w0000

josh s has a brilliant futurejosh s has a brilliant futurejosh s has a brilliant futurejosh s has a brilliant futurejosh s has a brilliant futurejosh s has a brilliant futurejosh s has a brilliant futurejosh s has a brilliant futurejosh s has a brilliant futurejosh s has a brilliant futurejosh s has a brilliant future

Would’ve rather seen Danny and John rule with flames
josh s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2019, 12:16 AM   #359
bleak
yeet

Battle Record: 20-34

Champed
- 1-2 Punch League

bleak has a brilliant futurebleak has a brilliant futurebleak has a brilliant futurebleak has a brilliant futurebleak has a brilliant futurebleak has a brilliant futurebleak has a brilliant futurebleak has a brilliant futurebleak has a brilliant futurebleak has a brilliant futurebleak has a brilliant future

I was ok with most of ep 1-4.5ish, but sheesh

Bran said "Why do you think i came all this way?" And i was done.

Battle to the death
like a woolah what it do to one’s medulla oblongata- revenge of Montezuma on a blotter
bleak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2019, 12:33 AM   #360
GUDELJ

GUDELJ GUDELJ GUDELJ GUDELJ GUDELJ GUDELJ GUDELJ GUDELJ GUDELJ GUDELJ GUDELJ

Bleak has such amazing opinions and insight on everything
imna smoke this flocka, reword some shit n drop
GUDELJ is offline   Reply With Quote