Accomplishments
- Hall of Fame

Champed
- AOWL Season 1
- Art of Writing League
- AOWL Season 4
- Write Week V
- GWL Season 1

dead man has a brilliant futuredead man has a brilliant futuredead man has a brilliant futuredead man has a brilliant futuredead man has a brilliant futuredead man has a brilliant futuredead man has a brilliant futuredead man has a brilliant futuredead man has a brilliant futuredead man has a brilliant futuredead man has a brilliant future
Default star child

explosions in the cemetery rock me to sleep
halloween ghost costumes out of hospital sheets
enraptured by the gospel you preach
with Bacardi on your breath, watch my tolerance weaken
how do we proceed? we built a monument close
to Arpeggio notes. you whispered as the melody rose
told me all of your secrets .. all of your needs
like planting scarlet begonias in a garden of weeds
heartless the sleeve. darts at the bar, circus bizarre
we are all star children that have learned to revolve
full throttle revolver. six-shot Yosemite sharp
the only single animal let into the Arc
china doll. eyes an inky black. calligraphy mark
we're toxic like exhaust fumes and a sensitive heart
misery martyr speaking for the silenced at 5
developing depressiveness and trying to die
wax crayon outsider. the line for lunch was immense
so i sat and clenched my stomach instead. psyche under arrest
the best times of my life were in a park on the bench
before i knew that disrepair was art in the flesh
decomposition is the closest that we'll ever become
to someone's daughters and sons. emperors, slaves
living breathing organisms, rotting away
obligations to fade out and an option to stay
barefoot, burning walking out of a grave
red cabernet the color of a bloody filet
lobster and steak. my method's growing harder to read
feeling lucid. Jesus Christ inside a carpenter's dream
harbored between calm and serene. carbon and gene
questioning myself. ripped apart at the seams
wintertime your entrances and autumn your leaves
you manipulate like medias and marketing teams
by nature elusive. evaded diffusion, nose to the floor
hurt me soul. punish me for showing remorse
poke at a swarm of killer hornets. that's emotion en forme
we're not supposed to be born. that's why it's so unimportant
i've danced in the storm. mud and water and air
i think the grass would look greener if i cared.

DEADMAN
Old 01-20-2014, 12:09 AM   #2
Frank

Champed
- NWL Season 2
- Art of Writing League (5x)
- Lime Green Poetry Association
- AOWL Season 6
- AOWL Season 10

Frank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant future

WACK
Old 01-20-2014, 01:12 AM   #3
FR33KtheG33K
subterranean dweller

FR33KtheG33K is an unknown quantity at this point

.. this shit was so fluid. i respect it man, imagery and all. and when it comes to your punches you don't make a big deal out of it - it kinda just slides right into the fluidity of your verses, then half way through the next bar im like damn that was hot hold up..hha
FR33KtheG33K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 04:03 AM   #4
zygote

Battle Record: 33-12

Accomplishments
- OM HOF (2x)

Champed
- Art of Writing League (3x)

zygote has a brilliant futurezygote has a brilliant futurezygote has a brilliant futurezygote has a brilliant futurezygote has a brilliant futurezygote has a brilliant futurezygote has a brilliant futurezygote has a brilliant futurezygote has a brilliant futurezygote has a brilliant futurezygote has a brilliant future

"lobster and steak. my method's growing harder to read" - you should eat something then continue your report. Joke aside that whole last part was excellent, the last line in particular is great and cynical. "feeling lucid. Jesus Christ inside a carpenters dream" - could be a good novelty t-shirt catch phrase. The 'showing remorse - emotion en forme' was a very impressive and fancy rhyme. Also enjoyed the subtle switching of the rhyme technique in this section:

"full throttle revolver. six-shot Yosemite sharp
we're toxic like exhaust fumes and a sensitive heart" - it is cool how it was a little different every second line rather than the x4 that preceded it.
zygote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 05:54 PM   #5
Wise Wiggles
nok Su kow

Battle Record: 1-1

Wise Wiggles has a brilliant futureWise Wiggles has a brilliant futureWise Wiggles has a brilliant futureWise Wiggles has a brilliant futureWise Wiggles has a brilliant futureWise Wiggles has a brilliant futureWise Wiggles has a brilliant futureWise Wiggles has a brilliant futureWise Wiggles has a brilliant futureWise Wiggles has a brilliant futureWise Wiggles has a brilliant future

heartless the sleeve. darts at the bar, circus bizarre

red cabernet the color of a bloody filet
lobster and steak. my method's growing harder to read
feeling lucid. Jesus Christ inside a carpenter's dream
harbored between calm and serene. carbon and gene

This was a sick drop imo. That Jesus in a carpenter dream, six shot Yosemite sharp/ arc lines were my fav I think. Liked the ending as well.

Definitely comeback to read again.
Old 01-21-2014, 12:21 AM   #6
Exis

Battle Record: 3-3

Exis Exis Exis Exis Exis Exis Exis Exis Exis Exis Exis

Lol @ Frank actin' like me before growin' balls.

explosions in the cemetery rock me to sleep
halloween ghost costumes out of hospital sheets
enraptured by the gospel you preach
with Bacardi on your breath, watch my tolerance weaken
how do we proceed? we built a monument close
to Arpeggio notes. you whispered as the melody rose

^^Slick, loved the first bar...and the closin' one in this section.

^^Chea...my real name is Noa so this made it even better lol.

^^Me likies.

Closer was ill also...great read Black, had a little of everythin' and lacked a lot of nothin' man.

Stay uppity.
Exis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 03:27 AM   #7
CopyPat
Mic Check

Battle Record: 13-10

CopyPat has a brilliant futureCopyPat has a brilliant futureCopyPat has a brilliant futureCopyPat has a brilliant futureCopyPat has a brilliant futureCopyPat has a brilliant futureCopyPat has a brilliant futureCopyPat has a brilliant futureCopyPat has a brilliant futureCopyPat has a brilliant futureCopyPat has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to CopyPat

hahaha fuckin guy. so depressed and gloomy lol. well u already know that im a fan in general. THIS piece however didn't do it for me...especially compared to most of your more recent work. that being said there's no denying the consistent quality of all of your pieces, and this was no different. but for me this one was a little too boring. usually you manage to keep my interest but i didn't feel as encapsulate by this one. yes that was a very big word for me. ill probably try to rhyme it now, peace.
Old 01-21-2014, 10:05 AM   #8
dead man
living

Battle Record: 33-18

Accomplishments
- Hall of Fame

Champed
- AOWL Season 1
- Art of Writing League
- AOWL Season 4
- Write Week V
- GWL Season 1

dead man has a brilliant futuredead man has a brilliant futuredead man has a brilliant futuredead man has a brilliant futuredead man has a brilliant futuredead man has a brilliant futuredead man has a brilliant futuredead man has a brilliant futuredead man has a brilliant futuredead man has a brilliant futuredead man has a brilliant future

word thanks guys. pm me links for rtf's. i feel you copy. it probably was a bit sylvia plath for you. thats ok.
Old 01-21-2014, 01:06 PM   #9
CopyPat
Mic Check

Battle Record: 13-10

CopyPat has a brilliant futureCopyPat has a brilliant futureCopyPat has a brilliant futureCopyPat has a brilliant futureCopyPat has a brilliant futureCopyPat has a brilliant futureCopyPat has a brilliant futureCopyPat has a brilliant futureCopyPat has a brilliant futureCopyPat has a brilliant futureCopyPat has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to CopyPat

hahaha. vocab fail/typo.
Old 01-23-2014, 10:50 PM   #10
Pent uP
Robin Williams of Fallen Victims

Battle Record: 25-11

Accomplishments
- NC Hall of Fame

Champed
- Netcees Writers League (2x)
- NWL Season 1
- Write Night I
- Art of Writing League (2x)
- Write Week IV

Pent uP has a brilliant futurePent uP has a brilliant futurePent uP has a brilliant futurePent uP has a brilliant futurePent uP has a brilliant futurePent uP has a brilliant futurePent uP has a brilliant futurePent uP has a brilliant futurePent uP has a brilliant futurePent uP has a brilliant futurePent uP has a brilliant future

that park on a bench/art in the flesh couplet was fresh as hell. I dug it. I liked the streamlined style you used. good shit.
Pent uP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 02:03 PM   #11
NYCSPITZ
SYRACUSE

Battle Record: 31-37

Champed
- Write Night II
- Alias Topical Tournament

NYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant future

This piece is a ravaging monument to that all-encompassing center: our sun chakra. As one fantasizes about whispering sweet nothings to Taiwanese dime pieces in the upper echelons of a seductive monastery at the foot of the majestic himalayas, our sweet melodies crescendo into the astral realm. Your asian water mark strokes invoke calligraphy as a transient portal to the moon chakra, the first and only way to access a woman's vagina while she is on her period. Then, with ease, you transitioned to Jesus Christ and mention the media monopoly, in effect destroying the western dualistic thought - Hebraic heaven and earth, Greek body and mind. As the grass greens, you truly release your kundalini, portaling through miniature WORMHOLES to activate your sun chakra. Pretty good, all in all a success but I'd suggest bikram yoga and a more vicious training regimen for your third eye if you want to reach the winter topical finals and succeed. 9.75/10 effort
Old 01-25-2014, 04:08 PM   #12
Eŋg
rhyme capsule.

Eŋg Eŋg Eŋg Eŋg Eŋg Eŋg Eŋg Eŋg Eŋg Eŋg Eŋg

decidedly more off-kilter than (what i think) is typical of your writing. if it's an evolution or merely an outstretched branch that decided to more keenly feel the air on its own, to absorb the scenery instead of reaching for the sun, then i think i like it. i might, at this stage, consciously looking for error in your verse as is my habit, be predisposed to dislike your 'like' similies. cut from the body and viewed on their own as singular, imperfect, organisms -- they are sufficient. good enough. i personally feel they mark (forgivable) dips in the quality of your writing. you definitely have a propensity to use them, but you have no trouble ignoring them when moving between transitory concepts, so i have to assume you just like them. maybe it gives a bit more oomph. for you. there's only two instances. one is in the following quote. anyway:

Quote:
killer. those first three lines were sublime. the idea of celestial bodies/children and orbits/revolving was just an ill line yo. it's sort of ambivalent. moves the mind. it's really very good. then revolve > revolver was a fine transition, i think history coloured the potency of that second line, and in turn, the third.. if i'm not mistaken (on instinct, i just thought yea that was a dope Transformer). the third line was interesting because at first it's like word. noah and the ark. but the ONLY single animal? what really separates man and beast? and that line isn't nearly as effective without what immediately preceded. if i took it correctly it relates to six native indians. idk. everything was great except the transition into china doll and the last line imo. but those first three were deceptively dense. i could go on. i thought the lucid jesus carpenter line was cute too, like zyggy.

questioning myself. ripped apart at the seams

introspection's a blessing.

that's emotion en forme
we're not supposed to be born. that's why it's so unimportant

can't remember you using a loan term before. probably have. just a small dab of existential nihilism sprinkled with some antinatalist thinking. they almost compliment each other. whew. life is good.

so yea you had a sort of motif with the hopsital sheets/wax crayon/line for lunch. sort of. painted the setting without overt imagery. subtle. there was overt imagery but it was more fanciful. impertinent to the setting. structurally this was different. this wasn't watch me rip these rhyme schemes with this list-like composition. this was much more free-form, freely formed, and unrestrained, in ways, it flowed and made its own impression instead of filling a pre-existing void. maybe i haven't been reading you enough lately because none of the other feeds are saying this is different. lol. i enjoyed the fact you're taking the pedal off certain, almost conceited, aspects and allowing your creative/poetic expression to flourish. however gay that just sounded. keep going. you might eventually transmigrate.

+1 on the Plath reference. sad. was reading Hughes the other day. poetry about a thrush but it was more to do with humans than anything. interesting.

@dead man i won't be back.

Last edited by Eŋg; 01-29-2014 at 12:06 AM.
Eŋg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 01:53 AM   #13
dead man
living

Battle Record: 33-18

Accomplishments
- Hall of Fame

Champed
- AOWL Season 1
- Art of Writing League
- AOWL Season 4
- Write Week V
- GWL Season 1

:)