Netcees  

Go Back   Netcees > Forum > Open Mic Section
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

User Tag List

Old 01-20-2013, 05:29 PM   #1
Matriarch

Matriarch Matriarch Matriarch Matriarch Matriarch Matriarch Matriarch Matriarch Matriarch Matriarch Matriarch
Default Feminism

a race of ridicule based on municipal meets
tracks of decaf - disease patched on Dunstable street
dicking Jane - corporate ladder office windows and suite
mound of checks rise as neck ties with tempest elite
destine to meet, press allegiance test this somber system
- heels and miniskirt’s a leg up on the competition
An art. A system. Arguments of vague and passive words
Plato’s philosophy to Kratos crazed vernacular
Strange - spectacular engaged in feudal warring state
of mind - knowledge. Power pending play of swords and blades
Lilith longing for equality’s a coarse display
deemed a demon just for reasoning the Lord’s way
sons of atom and evolution sent to month of may
- to be tempted by the jezebels of present day
piece of ass. meat. tasked? create/induce confusion
a piece of rib. caged, allude to ancient institution
And state pen deducing arguments to prove as facts
the notion of Men > Women? ‘but where’s the proof in that?
you think that power’s in the proof of pudding dicks in pussies?
‘cause lust is limbo - and we’ve raised the bar since 1960
behind a great man’s a leading lady. paradox?
Where would Columbus be without Isabel of Aragon
Sun Wukong waged a holy war against the heavens
But it was Guan Yin, the Holy Mother he lamented
again my scorned form exceeds the fury depth of hell
so i came to raise it ..

- Sincerely, Jezebel
Matriarch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 05:46 PM   #2
PancakeBrah
SOBER

Battle Record: 2-5

Champed
- AOWL Season 2

PancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond repute

An art. A system. Arguments of vague and passive words
Plato’s philosophy to Kratos crazed vernacular
Strange - spectacular engaged in feudal warring state
of mind - knowledge. Power pending play of swords and blades
Lilith longing for equality’s a coarse display
- to be tempted by the jezebels of present day
piece of ass. meat. tasked? create/induce confusion
a piece of rib. caged, allude to ancient institution

^Amazing, really.

The use of punctuation was strong and is one of my favorite aspects of writing open mic pieces. Indicating rest/pause notes, staccato delivery, AND to create wordplay, double meanings, and allusions (rib. caged, specifically). Content was spot on. The whole thing was expert-level, orange button and shit. The only hiccups I saw were the pudding wordplay which was corny to me, and the paradox/aragon rhyme. I looked for an internal or callback but it wasn't there and that's a streeetccchhh of a slant/soft rhyme to me. Now the the nits are picked. Great piece.

Bitches aint shit, tho
And the ditch in the back road stop
Could you find me?
PancakeBrah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 05:53 PM   #3
Split

Battle Record: 27-22

Split has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond repute

this was pretty nuts. Word choice was excellent. I like how you don't dwell on metaphors at all, it gives your verse a more directed feel and strengthens your argument, like you're making a statement instead of going for artistic merit.

Quote:
I loved the syllabic repetition here

There were some parts where the schemes were lacking and the rhyming fell off, and a few places where I wish you had kept a rhyme going and didnt. just some technicalities, it was a really good read... definitely can tell this was a fully-formed drop.

is this HarMonica? anyways, welcome to AOB, stick around a bit. Keep keyin.
Split is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 05:54 PM   #4
Split

Battle Record: 27-22

Split has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by cakecakecake View Post
The use of punctuation was strong and is one of my favorite aspects of writing open mic pieces. Indicating rest/pause notes, staccato delivery, AND to create wordplay, double meanings, and allusions (
agree x 1,000
Split is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 06:52 PM   #5
Matriarch

Matriarch Matriarch Matriarch Matriarch Matriarch Matriarch Matriarch Matriarch Matriarch Matriarch Matriarch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Split View Post

is this harMonica?
;)

We should start the first AOB crew call Mass Connect, my Bostonian friend.

@cakecakecake - thanks man =)
Old 01-20-2013, 07:47 PM   #6
Geno
White Earl

Battle Record: 10-15

Accomplishments
- Open Mic HOF (4x)

Champed
- Netcees Writers League
- Write Week I
- Write Week 8

Geno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to Geno

Funny. After a few lines I was like yo.. this has to be harmon lol

Piece was ill, the raw content you deliver is always intense and the ability you have to make every thought become vivdly detailed is amazing. Definitely seemed to have a few misses rhythmically here and there.. but I think your pieces are more about pronunciation then completely matching syllables to perfection. Also, this piece as is similar to most of your works shows a strength on deciding when too many words is too many words. Often I find in your works that a word most people would use to complete a similar thought had been left out. I think this is a technique used to gain a flow flow. Its really a sick art to be able to do this and not have the verse seem like its all hacked up. You do it well. Good to see you btw ;-)
Old 01-21-2013, 07:11 AM   #7
Matriarch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genocide View Post
Funny. After a few lines I was like yo.. this has to be harmon lol

Piece was ill, the raw content you deliver is always intense and the ability you have to make every thought become vivdly detailed is amazing. Definitely seemed to have a few misses rhythmically here and there.. but I think your pieces are more about pronunciation then completely matching syllables to perfection. Also, this piece as is similar to most of your works shows a strength on deciding when too many words is too many words. Often I find in your works that a word most people would use to complete a similar thought had been left out. I think this is a technique used to gain a flow flow. Its really a sick art to be able to do this and not have the verse seem like its all hacked up. You do it well. Good to see you btw ;-)
<3

Still learnin from yall :)
Old 01-21-2013, 08:07 AM   #8
zygote

Battle Record: 33-12

Accomplishments
- OM HOF (2x)

Champed
- Art of Writing League (3x)

zygote has a brilliant futurezygote has a brilliant futurezygote has a brilliant futurezygote has a brilliant futurezygote has a brilliant futurezygote has a brilliant futurezygote has a brilliant futurezygote has a brilliant futurezygote has a brilliant futurezygote has a brilliant futurezygote has a brilliant future

Liked the slant rhymes, the endings to second lines were unpredictable because of the atypical rhyme schemes.
zygote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 11:42 AM   #9
Nice

Nice Nice Nice Nice Nice Nice Nice Nice Nice Nice Nice

This wasnt shit lol jk.. Nice to see ya harmon, ill hit this up after my hanngover fades
Nice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 12:20 PM   #10
trap.
Senior Citizen

Battle Record: 4-3

trap. has a brilliant futuretrap. has a brilliant futuretrap. has a brilliant futuretrap. has a brilliant futuretrap. has a brilliant futuretrap. has a brilliant futuretrap. has a brilliant futuretrap. has a brilliant futuretrap. has a brilliant futuretrap. has a brilliant futuretrap. has a brilliant future

I liked the Columbus line.

Some of it was too wordy. I tend to read everything like a rap song and this was very poetic, avant-garde, even Anticon-ish, in a way. Sometimes you need not be so overly wordy and work on the basics. Being a little bit more simple to get your meaning across. For the audience here, it was good though.
trap. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 12:50 PM   #11
PURE ENERGY

PURE ENERGY PURE ENERGY PURE ENERGY PURE ENERGY PURE ENERGY PURE ENERGY PURE ENERGY PURE ENERGY PURE ENERGY PURE ENERGY PURE ENERGY

a race of ridicule based on municipal meets
tracks of decaf - disease patched on Dunstable street
dicking Jane - corporate ladder office windows and suite
mound of checks rise as neck ties with tempest elite
destine to meet, press allegiance test this somber system
- heels and miniskirt’s a leg up on the competition

^^^This was such a fire opening and rely set the tone of this piece

Sun Wukong waged a holy war against the heavens
But it was Guan Yin, the Holy Mother he lamented
again my scorned form exceeds the fury depth of hell

^^^Your entire piece was solid and powerful, but these last few lines had me sold. Peace
PURE ENERGY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 10:30 AM   #12
Camp Bell

Battle Record: 10-18

Camp Bell Camp Bell Camp Bell Camp Bell Camp Bell Camp Bell Camp Bell Camp Bell Camp Bell Camp Bell Camp Bell

.....i love women!!!!

because of this piece, i have a new found respect for the ladies out here getting it in. i didnt expect this to be so vivid and smooth like it was. well done, ma'am. i dont really critique OM pieces because of the diversity involved, unless im asked. great drop tho
Old 02-10-2013, 03:28 PM   #13
NYCSPITZ
SYRACUSE

Battle Record: 31-37

Champed
- Write Night II
- Alias Topical Tournament

NYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant future

I came in thinking this was gonna be wack b/c a female wrote it but this was dope. Best female topicalist I've seen by a mile. The bottom half of your face looks young, are you under 21? If you're below 25 keep at it u can become a monster (no lie). I see the black D influence yet again here
NYCSPITZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 09:35 PM   #14
Dominate
Tread Lightly.

Battle Record: 26-9

Champed
- Netcees Battle League
- Battle Arena
- Tag Team Tournament III
- Tag Tournament: "Omicron Variant"

Dominate has a brilliant futureDominate has a brilliant futureDominate has a brilliant futureDominate has a brilliant futureDominate has a brilliant futureDominate has a brilliant futureDominate has a brilliant futureDominate has a brilliant futureDominate has a brilliant futureDominate has a brilliant futureDominate has a brilliant future

dope. I don't read many OMs but the title of yours enticed me - knew it would be something different. And I was very pleasantly surprised by the quality (not because of your gender lol - just didn't recognise your name). I agree with what others have said about the rhyming not coming off perfect in places but content wise this was really slick. Good job, ill read more from you.
Dominate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 10:14 PM   #15
Obey

Battle Record: 2-4

Obey has a brilliant futureObey has a brilliant futureObey has a brilliant futureObey has a brilliant futureObey has a brilliant futureObey has a brilliant futureObey has a brilliant futureObey has a brilliant futureObey has a brilliant futureObey has a brilliant futureObey has a brilliant future

Nice read that opener was fresh as fuck
Obey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 12:21 PM   #16
Flow
Upset Champion

Battle Record: 57-49

Accomplishments
- 50 Wins

Champed
- BA Rookie Tourney
- 1-2 Punch League (x2)
- Pandemonium Cypher
- 1-2 Punch league Season 9

Flow has a brilliant futureFlow has a brilliant futureFlow has a brilliant futureFlow has a brilliant futureFlow has a brilliant futureFlow has a brilliant futureFlow has a brilliant futureFlow has a brilliant futureFlow has a brilliant futureFlow has a brilliant futureFlow has a brilliant future

I don't know how I missed this I like to think I read nearly all the drops on here. Must of been in my week sabatacle. Great read, seriously great read. I see some of the guys think your somone they know in which case, welcome, if not then I would be interested in seeing how you two compare.

The reason I loved this drop so much is even though its got some amazing vocab and rhyme schemes, the content isn't lost, the topic flows perfectly through out and the message hits home clearly. Alot of people will use rare referrences to look good but yours were all used correct. Eg.

There were areas where you dropped your game but like someone above me said, this is just a hiccup it ain't damaging the peice in anyway.

Anyways I nominated this drop so good luck.
Flow is offline   Reply With Quote