Netcees  

Go Back   Netcees > Forum > Discussion Board

User Tag List

Old 08-12-2019, 03:04 AM   #1
Finnydot

Champed
- Beat Battle I

Finnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant future
Default NEW BEAT TAPE!!! "Finny Does 8"

https://soundcloud.com/infinitythare...s/finny-does-8
Finnydot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2019, 06:56 AM   #2
Exis

Battle Record: 3-3

Exis Exis Exis Exis Exis Exis Exis Exis Exis Exis Exis

Dope ass beat fam...You could rap or sing over that in several different ways, I thought it was nice & fuck everyone else ;) Kudos..
Exis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2019, 11:12 AM   #3
Finnydot

Champed
- Beat Battle I

Finnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exis View Post
Dope ass beat fam...You could rap or sing over that in several different ways, I thought it was nice & fuck everyone else ;) Kudos..
Its a whole playlist. The first one was just a warm up. Lol
Old 08-13-2019, 08:40 AM   #4
Exis

Battle Record: 3-3

Exis Exis Exis Exis Exis Exis Exis Exis Exis Exis Exis

Could of said thanks lol...I'll listen again without bein' under the influence of wine.
Exis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2019, 10:50 AM   #5
~RustyGunZ~
(ง'̀-'́)ง

Battle Record: 52-28

Accomplishments
-50+ wins

Champed
-Summer Classic VIII
-Netcees Battle League
-BA Picture
-BA TagTeam
-Fight Night Cypher I
-Fight Night XXXV
-Key Grand Prix 2018 1/2

~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute

First one would be way better without the singing sample. Sounds like my dog whining. Otherwise good though. Someone else I think lenox recently did a beat that had the same issue. Forcing a sampled vocal and ruining an otherwise fine beat.
FREE PHAROAHS ARMY
~RustyGunZ~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2019, 04:04 AM   #6
Pakistani Hand Cannon

Pakistani Hand Cannon has a brilliant futurePakistani Hand Cannon has a brilliant futurePakistani Hand Cannon has a brilliant futurePakistani Hand Cannon has a brilliant futurePakistani Hand Cannon has a brilliant futurePakistani Hand Cannon has a brilliant futurePakistani Hand Cannon has a brilliant futurePakistani Hand Cannon has a brilliant futurePakistani Hand Cannon has a brilliant futurePakistani Hand Cannon has a brilliant futurePakistani Hand Cannon has a brilliant future

...will you call the police on him for "forcing a sample"?
Pakistani Hand Cannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2019, 06:15 PM   #7
uh-oh
DA GOD

Battle Record: 1-0

Champed
- Beat Battle II
- Beat Battle V
- Beat Bags

uh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant future

i feel like ive heard the first couple

but word misty blue is cool for what it is, you know my complaints with that clap sound lol

don't need the notoriety, you could bring the hats up since they're basically what string the string/guitar/plucks/stabs together, just so its all a little louder. not the biggest fan of the strings on the hook section, you played em fine but the plugin itself.

try to be better is on the precipice of FLAMES. love what you did chop wise, the drum programming and 808 bass you used detract from it tho. if you had a dirtier hat and a cleaner sub and just layered in a snare that cracks a bit, like i enjoy the snare sound itself on this and the air of it just something layered into its attack so its cracking, but the hat and the bass is my only gripes. but this sample how you chopped it on the hook and the delay and shit is fire. that bass sound might even work, it might just not be in key. if you can grab a cracked copy of melodyne, you can find what key the sample is in and play 808 drum in tune with the key of the down beat

shame to say, again, this snare is more my preference but you need another snare with less reverb hitting with it, cuz when you double up it with it, it can be fatiguing on the ears with them heavy snares like that and unnatural, but if you drop that snare out and just hit with the regular one on the second strike it'll give it a more natural swing, also with a filthy snare like that and filthy murder strings the kick should have some dirt to it as well

feel me yet is cool. like the drum choices on this, its just a little empty overall, the bass is played super low frequency wise, so while on subs its gonna knock its not coming through well on my normal monitors so it contributes to the empty feeling of it

love to change the world is hard to follow. mainly during the chorus, like the drums are programmed right but the sample doesnt fit the time signature

cut you open, i like this overall. the chant stabs seem out of place for the vibe of this tho

lets get it fin is a banger overall. the og maco type stab definitely helps it but i feel weird about it lol. but word you drove the rhythm perfect on this, perfect amount of breaks from drums and lead in to drums and bass. shits a banger

so word on the whole its solid, like always im gonna nitpick you cuz you're good enough now where thats how i gotta critique it and look at it like im making them and what i'd be telling myself if that makes sense. but word you main point of focus should be "sonics" like if you wanna use the same plain jane claps from the 808 kits try and do shit to them to make them more interesting. put warming filters on them, layer something with them maybe a snap and snare, etc. when you use a string VST try and make it sound unique and not like its on a factory preset. when you're choosing drum samples mute everything else and try and hear how they go together, as far as the kick and snare, and hat, think from the perspective of is this a drumset, if these were all recorded in the same room type mindset, if you got a pristine computer kick and then a snare that sounds like its from 1969 it should jump out at you, and if you like the computer kick and what it brings, just layer a kick that sounds like its from 1969 to help color it, if the second kick makes the first kick sound different/worse, eq both of them to bring out whats good in the first kick that made you choose it, and bring that down in the second, and bring up in the second whats missing in the first etc.

its all the little monotonous shit now

good shit dog

also you on the discord? im on making beats every weekend on there
Old 08-14-2019, 06:44 PM   #8
Blue Bayou
Ukrainian Howlitzers

Battle Record: 41-24

Accomplishments
- Hall of Fame

Champed
- NBL Season 3
- Alias Tournament II
- Fight Night XLVIII
- Fight Night XXV
- Fight Night XV
- Fight Night (3x)
- Netcees Battle League (4x)
- NBL Tag Team Season 3
- Lyric Olympics
- 1-2 Punch League (3x)
- Battle Arena League (2x)
- Key Grand Prix 2018 1/2
- BA Tag
- NPL Roast
- Netcees Pic League

Blue Bayou has a brilliant futureBlue Bayou has a brilliant futureBlue Bayou has a brilliant futureBlue Bayou has a brilliant futureBlue Bayou has a brilliant futureBlue Bayou has a brilliant futureBlue Bayou has a brilliant futureBlue Bayou has a brilliant futureBlue Bayou has a brilliant futureBlue Bayou has a brilliant futureBlue Bayou has a brilliant future

Jesus Christ uh oh did you just post Veritas first book?
-kungfugrip
Blue Bayou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2019, 10:24 PM   #9
The Dead Poet

The Dead Poet has a brilliant futureThe Dead Poet has a brilliant futureThe Dead Poet has a brilliant futureThe Dead Poet has a brilliant futureThe Dead Poet has a brilliant futureThe Dead Poet has a brilliant futureThe Dead Poet has a brilliant futureThe Dead Poet has a brilliant futureThe Dead Poet has a brilliant futureThe Dead Poet has a brilliant futureThe Dead Poet has a brilliant future

I'll check this out this weekend.
Old 08-16-2019, 11:07 PM   #10
Finnydot

Champed
- Beat Battle I

Appreciate the listens.

Ill try and work on that.
Old 08-17-2019, 08:10 AM   #11
Chill Phil
World's Heaviest Ghost

Chill Phil has a brilliant futureChill Phil has a brilliant futureChill Phil has a brilliant futureChill Phil has a brilliant futureChill Phil has a brilliant futureChill Phil has a brilliant futureChill Phil has a brilliant futureChill Phil has a brilliant futureChill Phil has a brilliant futureChill Phil has a brilliant futureChill Phil has a brilliant future

Checked out the first two.

Don't need the noteriety was my favorite of the two. I appreciate the slight progression with the piano added in. It takes away from the feeling that it's just a few seconds of a beat being looped.

I'll definitely check out the rest when I get back from taking family photos.
Old 08-17-2019, 08:42 PM   #12
Big Bolo
B on the look out

Big Bolo Big Bolo Big Bolo Big Bolo Big Bolo Big Bolo Big Bolo Big Bolo Big Bolo Big Bolo Big Bolo

You need to master your beat...the levels are way off...almost like you made they beat then recorded it with a shitty PC Mic...
Big Bolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2019, 11:28 PM   #13
Finnydot

Champed
- Beat Battle I

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Bolo View Post
You need to master your beat...the levels are way off...almost like you made they beat then recorded it with a shitty PC Mic...
Probably your speakers.
Old 08-18-2019, 11:06 PM   #14
Big Bolo
B on the look out

Big Bolo Big Bolo Big Bolo Big Bolo Big Bolo Big Bolo Big Bolo Big Bolo Big Bolo Big Bolo Big Bolo

Bro I swear I'll kill you if you say some more shit about my setup...I don't have speakers...I have monitors...with yellow teflon in them...

Put your finished product in Acid and check your levels...master it...it's a step all professionals do/ hire out for...
Old 08-18-2019, 11:30 PM   #15
Geno
White Earl

Battle Record: 10-15

Accomplishments
- Open Mic HOF (4x)

Champed
- Netcees Writers League
- Write Week I
- Write Week 8

Geno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to Geno

Dig some of these. Idk. It feels like they are over looped and monotonous? Is that even possible? Idk. The looped material is cool tho. Maybe im just out of touch now
Old 08-20-2019, 12:24 PM   #16
Finnydot

Champed
- Beat Battle I

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genocide View Post
Dig some of these. Idk. It feels like they are over looped and monotonous? Is that even possible? Idk. The looped material is cool tho. Maybe im just out of touch now
I've been trying to make things a lot more simpler these days.

I used to build things up like SUPER EPIC shit, but I'm just trying to be a little more accessible.

These are mostly just throwaways that I actually really liked.
Old 08-20-2019, 12:28 PM   #17
Finnydot

Champed
- Beat Battle I

Quote:
Bro I swear I'll kill you if you say some more shit about my setup...I don't have speakers...I have monitors...with yellow teflon in them...

Put your finished product in Acid and check your levels...master it...it's a step all professionals do/ hire out for...
lol...

Internet tough guy.

Never seen that before.
Old 08-20-2019, 04:47 PM   #18
Big Bolo
B on the look out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finnydot View Post
lol...

Internet tough guy.

Never seen that before.
...?...tough guy...?...please, I ain't tough but that beam real mean...keep talking...

Also since your being a dick...I'd like to point out on most of these, they are not laid out by you...as far as pianos...synths...pads...etc...

These are all LOOPS downloaded from a torrent site...layed out for ready to go...I recognize 3 for sure I've heard before...
Old 08-20-2019, 04:48 PM   #19
Big Bolo
B on the look out

Beat battle...beat due by Friday hiphop/rap beat any style...make it fresh...do you accept...?...
Old 08-21-2019, 10:34 AM   #20
Finnydot

Champed
- Beat Battle I

Quote:
Beat battle...beat due by Friday hiphop/rap beat any style...make it fresh...do you accept...?...

lmfao...

OK.

Sure.

Sample or original?