Go Back   Netcees > Forum > Open Mic Section

User Tag List

Old 01-16-2014, 09:20 PM   #1
namix
been that, done there.

Battle Record: 2-1

Accomplishments
- OM HOF

namix has a brilliant futurenamix has a brilliant futurenamix has a brilliant futurenamix has a brilliant futurenamix has a brilliant futurenamix has a brilliant futurenamix has a brilliant futurenamix has a brilliant futurenamix has a brilliant futurenamix has a brilliant futurenamix has a brilliant future
Default Why Cater to the Valleys?

a rhymely reply in time fashion

Throughout our peaks and valleys, we kept calling it our prime;
But all the evolution we saw in writing was really in our eyes.
So I could get better for you today, but it’d make me worse in time;
Since living for other standards would take sacrificing mine.

Why cater to the valleys, when you can wait for them to rise?

~papa goose
Old 01-16-2014, 09:31 PM   #2
Split

Battle Record: 27-22

Split has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond repute

where did I see this before? Seems familiar. Def not on another site?? Idk
Old 01-16-2014, 10:12 PM   #3
namix
been that, done there.

Accomplishments
- OM HOF

namix has a brilliant futurenamix has a brilliant futurenamix has a brilliant futurenamix has a brilliant futurenamix has a brilliant futurenamix has a brilliant futurenamix has a brilliant futurenamix has a brilliant futurenamix has a brilliant futurenamix has a brilliant futurenamix has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Split Eight View Post
where did I see this before? Seems familiar. Def not on another site?? Idk
i see the sarcasm in your response and raise you my sincerest thanks for reading it twice!
Old 01-16-2014, 10:22 PM   #4
Split

Battle Record: 27-22

Split has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by namix View Post
i see the sarcasm in your response and raise you my sincerest thanks for reading it twice!
I wasn't being sarcastic. I legit thought you had posted this somewhere before. I would feed but it is short and I don't know how to say anything meaningful in response.
Old 01-16-2014, 10:37 PM   #5
Exis

Battle Record: 3-3

Exis Exis Exis Exis Exis Exis Exis Exis Exis Exis Exis

Word @ short...not sure why you'd drop sumthin' of this length here when the cypher section seems like a more appropriate place but whatevers...I'm a fan of your work regardless, can't really break down 5 lines though ? Could of atleast ended every line with a multie you lazy bastard lol...flow was straight without that but you know...add on to this man, for my sake atleast.

Stay up and all that shits.
Exis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 07:12 AM   #6
namix
been that, done there.

Accomplishments
- OM HOF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Split Eight View Post
I wasn't being sarcastic. I legit thought you had posted this somewhere before. I would feed but it is short and I don't know how to say anything meaningful in response.
oh my bad dude, the one time i assume someone is being sarcastic i'm wrong!

i just said it in a reply in a random thread like 3 pages deep, and it ended up more poetic than i originally intended, so figured i'd post it

and bags called me mothergoose so i thought that was funny lol
Old 01-17-2014, 07:24 AM   #7
namix
been that, done there.

Accomplishments
- OM HOF

peep though fellas: check how the context changes everything...

thats what made it interesting to me... if someone reads it without the background, the meaning is probably just unique to the reader --- but when reading it IN LINE with the conversation, the context changes it quite a bit (imo at least, either way, it was just a post that came out of a good little exchange bags and i had lol):

(in reply a thread where dudes were listing their top guys)

Quote:
ooh c'mon Orc and Bags....say my name and the truth in one fell swoop
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost1 View Post
Lol....idk....u get alot of credit for "creating" wordplay

Which is neat i guess.....

Again tho i guess im spoiled by the advancement of text cuz them wordplays felt clunky and out of place.....

Tho i havent prolly read enuff of ur stuff to say that fairly
Quote:
i actually agree with most of what you said unfortunately haha

wordplay did more to create me than i did it

i just taught your favorite daddies how to get it done way back when they were still my favorite sons
Quote:
Truuuu

Why dont u get better again so then i can beat u an people will care?
Quote:
because throughout our peaks and valleys, we kept calling it our prime... but all the evolution we saw in writing was really in our eyes.... so I could get better for you today, but it'd make me worse in time... since living for other standards would take sacrificing mine.

why cater to the valleys, when you can wait for them to climb?
Quote:
I undertsand now, mother goose. U have given me alot to think of on this glorious day.

lol, just a funny exchange -- and this little rhyme takes on a different meaning when pulled out of the convo, i think at least.. but yea, it was basically just a reply and perhaps i should have left it in that thread haha
Old 01-17-2014, 10:19 AM   #8
Lars
PROVEN BITER

Battle Record: 5-0

Champed
- The Winter Topical

Lars has a brilliant futureLars has a brilliant futureLars has a brilliant futureLars has a brilliant futureLars has a brilliant futureLars has a brilliant futureLars has a brilliant futureLars has a brilliant futureLars has a brilliant futureLars has a brilliant futureLars has a brilliant future

LOL

It def. works better as a stand alone than mid-conversation, it seems to feel like it resonates more, to something bigger than text, if that makes sense?

Short and sweet. Real philosophical with it, as your more recent drops apart from the Diode diss have tended to be, but always unique.

good stuff @namix
Old 01-17-2014, 05:30 PM   #9
namix
been that, done there.

Accomplishments
- OM HOF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lars View Post
LOL

It def. works better as a stand alone than mid-conversation, it seems to feel like it resonates more, to something bigger than text, if that makes sense?

Short and sweet. Real philosophical with it, as your more recent drops apart from the Diode diss have tended to be, but always unique.

good stuff @namix
Word up Lars -- thats EXACTLY what i thought was kinda funny about it lol, im glad you smelled what i was steppin in --- it felt like i was talking about something bigger, to a tee. hah

appreciate the peep bro, still got wuv for the non-troll you ;)
Old 01-17-2014, 10:40 PM   #10
big baby
obsessed

Battle Record: Faggot-1

Accomplishments
- can recite entirety of shrek 2

Champed
- tangoed with spider man behind scenes in spider-man 2
- was candidate for gerber baby 3x
- smush parker like bb comment on instagram saying "u fucka suck idiyote"
- smush beer on head and didn't cry
- parallel parked in between 2 ferrari's in tonky truck once
- when saying pledge of allegiance i said "i don't" lmao deadass bb satan
- won tshirt from taco bell saying "taco cat" is the same backwards for filling out 500 surveys in a
- neighbor house caught on fire i call FIRE department and saved lives, was in newspaper
- set neighbor house on fire lmao
- fuck neighbor husband and wife
- first fish caught resembled david ortiz
- colin kaepernick
- related to genghis khan
- elected assistant to the vice president assistant to the president for regional chess club
- never lost game of hide and seek

big baby has a brilliant futurebig baby has a brilliant futurebig baby has a brilliant futurebig baby has a brilliant futurebig baby has a brilliant futurebig baby has a brilliant futurebig baby has a brilliant futurebig baby has a brilliant futurebig baby has a brilliant futurebig baby has a brilliant futurebig baby has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to big baby

last line was weird. the rest was just direct stuff we think we hope we know, but not sure if we actually do when it's happening. When we sacrifice ourselves, to make others happy, sometimes we don't notice until after it's all said and done. That's the thing, being wise doesn't have to be knowing everything, well, funny thing is, it isn't. Take the smartest dude on this board (me) and see how he performs when under pressure (greatly of course, wow this example sucks) no jk, actually, just take the most smartest embodiment of a person you know, not wise. Smart. book smart. They'll know what to do, but knowing what to do takes skill, and experience, it doesn't take the knowledge of what to do. You can know the steps into building a car, but actually building the car will be impossible if you don't have the experience in said skill set. When we're in situations of life, we usually don't recount, or recall ourselves. We usually act (keyword, usually) and when we do so...it's tough. And it makes for writings like these, that pinpoint that infrastructure. It's tough, because that's how we learn. I more often than not, catch myself thinking irrationally, because that's how we're wired to think, we're wired to take shortcuts, and we want instantaneous happiness. And that hurts us, much like the verse insisted. Good stuff, but it didn't need to be said, or maybe it did. It reads as a typical philosophical endeavor to me. But it was cool, man, honestly. MAybe you should delve deeper, and actually uproot some of your emotions through writing you've mastered. You will see it feels great.
If mentioned in a discussion its who'd still use wordy lines and act all dope
Then again hes had this schtick so long he like bb da bb da bb thats all folks
big baby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 10:49 PM   #11
Wise Wiggles
nok Su kow

Battle Record: 1-1

Wise Wiggles has a brilliant futureWise Wiggles has a brilliant futureWise Wiggles has a brilliant futureWise Wiggles has a brilliant futureWise Wiggles has a brilliant futureWise Wiggles has a brilliant futureWise Wiggles has a brilliant futureWise Wiggles has a brilliant futureWise Wiggles has a brilliant futureWise Wiggles has a brilliant futureWise Wiggles has a brilliant future

Last line how I would have done it:

Cater to valleys? MOTHER FUCKER YOU BETTER CLIMB
BUT DOES IT RHYME?IDGAF NVM
Old 01-31-2014, 05:37 PM   #12
namix
been that, done there.

Accomplishments
- OM HOF

Quote:
Originally Posted by big baby View Post
last line was weird. the rest was just direct stuff we think we hope we know, but not sure if we actually do when it's happening. When we sacrifice ourselves, to make others happy, sometimes we don't notice until after it's all said and done. That's the thing, being wise doesn't have to be knowing everything, well, funny thing is, it isn't. Take the smartest dude on this board (me) and see how he performs when under pressure (greatly of course, wow this example sucks) no jk, actually, just take the most smartest embodiment of a person you know, not wise. Smart. book smart. They'll know what to do, but knowing what to do takes skill, and experience, it doesn't take the knowledge of what to do. You can know the steps into building a car, but actually building the car will be impossible if you don't have the experience in said skill set. When we're in situations of life, we usually don't recount, or recall ourselves. We usually act (keyword, usually) and when we do so...it's tough. And it makes for writings like these, that pinpoint that infrastructure. It's tough, because that's how we learn. I more often than not, catch myself thinking irrationally, because that's how we're wired to think, we're wired to take shortcuts, and we want instantaneous happiness. And that hurts us, much like the verse insisted. Good stuff, but it didn't need to be said, or maybe it did. It reads as a typical philosophical endeavor to me. But it was cool, man, honestly. MAybe you should delve deeper, and actually uproot some of your emotions through writing you've mastered. You will see it feels great.
real solid perspective brotha... more depth to your response than in this simple drop honestly. (it was just a re-posted reply i had in a discussion board thread, which i thought sounded interesting when I removed the context surrounding it lol)

good looks on the read, and real good thoughts thereafter. i do think that based on the introspect you have, which is a rare trait these days, that what's obvious to one almost always isn't to many.

the relativity of our collective experience shapes our individual perspectives is so bad we can think we're saying the same thing in words, but the meaning changes depending on who and how they're heard.

stay up pawtna
Old 01-31-2014, 08:39 PM   #13
Plot

Battle Record: 26-32

Plot has a brilliant futurePlot has a brilliant futurePlot has a brilliant futurePlot has a brilliant futurePlot has a brilliant futurePlot has a brilliant futurePlot has a brilliant futurePlot has a brilliant futurePlot has a brilliant futurePlot has a brilliant futurePlot has a brilliant future

This evoked Platos discussion of morals to me, he made parallels of being a moral person being 'arete' and being an immoral person being 'acratic'. The acratic is the valley basin where it is overpopulated and you can't see 2 steps in front of you to make kind judgements. Whilst the arête is the mountain tops, the acmes, where you are above all the rest and can see all around and make calls that don't harm others.
Plot is offline   Reply With Quote