Netcees  

Go Back   Netcees > Vault > Archives > The Netcees archive > 1-2 Punch Season 5

User Tag List

Old 04-03-2019, 11:04 PM   #641
Blas
BesT™

Blas has a brilliant futureBlas has a brilliant futureBlas has a brilliant futureBlas has a brilliant futureBlas has a brilliant futureBlas has a brilliant futureBlas has a brilliant futureBlas has a brilliant futureBlas has a brilliant futureBlas has a brilliant futureBlas has a brilliant future

v/ seth here, but i do think it's opinionated

i seriously don't find snit to be a reasonable shortening personally it just feels so stupid & forced
Blas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2019, 11:16 PM   #642
Dominate
Tread Lightly.

Battle Record: 26-9

Champed
- Netcees Battle League
- Battle Arena
- Tag Team Tournament III
- Tag Tournament: "Omicron Variant"

Dominate has a brilliant futureDominate has a brilliant futureDominate has a brilliant futureDominate has a brilliant futureDominate has a brilliant futureDominate has a brilliant futureDominate has a brilliant futureDominate has a brilliant futureDominate has a brilliant futureDominate has a brilliant futureDominate has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by seth View Post
So if someone called you Domin you wouldn't think it was weird? Do you call your freinds named Alexander, Alexan? Alexand? Do you call Jessicas Jessic?

Things are and aren't logical. It isn't just strictly an opinion thing, there are general social constructs in what is and isn't a logical nickname or shortening.. It's forced as fuck and looks stupid
I agree that Alexan and Jessic are stupid, but I don't think those are fair comparisons. You're adding an extra syllable to what would be acceptable in those names. We're not debating the merits of "Snitchi" here.

We're debating whether Snit as well as Snitch would be acceptable.

The best comparison IMO is Bar or Barc both being OK for Barcotic.
Old 04-03-2019, 11:24 PM   #643
~RustyGunZ~
(ง'̀-'́)ง

Battle Record: 52-28

Accomplishments
-50+ wins

Champed
-Summer Classic VIII
-Netcees Battle League
-BA Picture
-BA TagTeam
-Fight Night Cypher I
-Fight Night XXXV
-Key Grand Prix 2018 1/2

~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominate View Post
I agree that Alexan and Jessic are stupid, but I don't think those are fair comparisons. You're adding an extra syllable to what would be acceptable in those names. We're not debating the merits of "Snitchi" here.

We're debating whether Snit as well as Snitch would be acceptable.

The best comparison IMO is Bar or Barc both being OK for Barcotic.
It's the best comparison for you because it meets your criteria

Mine aren't stupid if yours isn't. They are the same idea, there are common sense rules that your brain knows. Those rules would NEVER call someone who goes by Snitching Snit. Not once. Only those forced things come up in text battles. It doesn't matter how they "sound" to you, it matters that they don't make sense. The Bar/Barc and Snit/Snitch seem to you okay because they have single syllable sounds that end in multiple consonants so can be a few lengths.

So say, Cashius. Cash/Cas. Both end in consonants, Cas, shis or Cash, us could be taken by your standards and you could use Cas (Like CASSidy), yet no one has and no one would. They use Cash.

I actually don't think Barc makes sense really just because it's a word. It's Bar-cot-ic not Barc-ott-ic.
~RustyGunZ~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2019, 11:32 PM   #644
Real Spit

Real Spit has a brilliant futureReal Spit has a brilliant futureReal Spit has a brilliant futureReal Spit has a brilliant futureReal Spit has a brilliant futureReal Spit has a brilliant futureReal Spit has a brilliant futureReal Spit has a brilliant futureReal Spit has a brilliant futureReal Spit has a brilliant futureReal Spit has a brilliant future

Outside of text battling sure, but this IS text battling so how is your point more relevant than what Dom is saying? You're using real life as a benchmark for what's acceptable in a text battle which is laughable to begin with.
Real Spit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2019, 11:36 PM   #645
~RustyGunZ~
(ง'̀-'́)ง

Accomplishments
-50+ wins

Champed
-Summer Classic VIII
-Netcees Battle League
-BA Picture
-BA TagTeam
-Fight Night Cypher I
-Fight Night XXXV
-Key Grand Prix 2018 1/2

~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Spit View Post
Outside of text battling sure, but this IS text battling so how is your point more relevant than what Dom is saying? You're using real life as a benchmark for what's acceptable in a text battle which is laughable to begin with.
Used Cashius at the end to bring it to strictly text lmfao

Being text doesn't mean the rules of life suddenly don't exist. That low IQ bullshit theory is why retards run rampant all over the internet cuz free speech. This being a nerdy extension of something hosted on a vbulletin forum doesn't mean you change the rules of how names work.
Old 04-03-2019, 11:42 PM   #646
Dominate
Tread Lightly.

Champed
- Netcees Battle League
- Battle Arena

Dominate has a brilliant futureDominate has a brilliant futureDominate has a brilliant futureDominate has a brilliant futureDominate has a brilliant futureDominate has a brilliant futureDominate has a brilliant futureDominate has a brilliant futureDominate has a brilliant futureDominate has a brilliant futureDominate has a brilliant future

Quote:
It's the best comparison for you because it meets your criteria

Mine aren't stupid if yours isn't. They are the same idea, there are common sense rules that your brain knows. Those rules would NEVER call someone who goes by Snitching Snit. Not once. Only those forced things come up in text battles. It doesn't matter how they "sound" to you, it matters that they don't make sense. The Bar/Barc and Snit/Snitch seem to you okay because they have single syllable sounds that end in multiple consonants so can be a few lengths.

So say, Cashius. Cash/Cas. Both end in consonants, Cas, shis or Cash, us could be taken by your standards and you could use Cas (Like CASSidy), yet no one has and no one would. They use Cash.

I actually don't think Barc makes sense really just because it's a word. It's Bar-cot-ic not Barc-ott-ic.
Bar/Barc vs Snit/Snitch is the best comparison because it's doing the same thing - removing part of the sound but keeping it to the same syllable instead of adding extra syllables like you're doing with Dom/Domin, Alex/Alexan, Jess/Jessic.

Cas vs Cash is a better comparison but I'd still argue it's not the same. When you drop the h you change the pronunciation of the s. You can still hear bar in barc and snit in snitch, but you can't hear cas in cash.

You can dislike Barc for Barcotic as a matter of opinion but that's been firmly established as being OK, and that's the closest example we've seen to what we're arguing over here. It's fine if YOU hate Snit and can't imagine anyone calling him that but at least three people disagree with you. It IS a matter of opinion.
Old 04-03-2019, 11:45 PM   #647
~RustyGunZ~
(ง'̀-'́)ง

Accomplishments
-50+ wins

Champed
-Summer Classic VIII
-Netcees Battle League
-BA Picture
-BA TagTeam
-Fight Night Cypher I
-Fight Night XXXV
-Key Grand Prix 2018 1/2

Quote:
Bar/Barc vs Snit/Snitch is the best comparison because it's doing the same thing - removing part of the sound but keeping it to the same syllable instead of adding extra syllables like you're doing with Dom/Domin, Alex/Alexan, Jess/Jessic.

Cas vs Cash is a better comparison but I'd still argue it's not the same. When you drop the h you change the pronunciation of the s. You can still hear bar in barc and snit in snitch, but you can't hear cas in cash.

You can dislike Barc for Barcotic as a matter of opinion but that's been firmly established as being OK, and that's the closest example we've seen to what we're arguing over here. It's fine if YOU hate Snit and can't imagine anyone calling him that but at least three people disagree with you. It IS a matter of opinion.
It's 4 v 3 count the fucking board you god damn plug

itch and it aren't the same sound. go down the hall tomorrow and get a lesson in gradeschool vocabulary speedracer
Old 04-03-2019, 11:49 PM   #648
Dominate
Tread Lightly.

Champed
- Netcees Battle League
- Battle Arena

Quote:
It's 4 v 3 count the fucking board you god damn plug

itch and it aren't the same sound. go down the hall tomorrow and get a lesson in gradeschool vocabulary speedracer
4 vs 3 only supports my point that it's a matter of opinion man. And I'm not claiming Snit and Snitch are the same sound. I'm claiming either are acceptable shortenings for the name Snitching the same way Bar and Barc are both acceptable for Barcotic. What has vocabulary got to do with this?
Old 04-03-2019, 11:52 PM   #649
Dominate
Tread Lightly.

Champed
- Netcees Battle League
- Battle Arena

@Cashius I see you lurking. You better rejoin us soon.
Old 04-03-2019, 11:53 PM   #650
~RustyGunZ~
(ง'̀-'́)ง

Accomplishments
-50+ wins

Champed
-Summer Classic VIII
-Netcees Battle League
-BA Picture
-BA TagTeam
-Fight Night Cypher I
-Fight Night XXXV
-Key Grand Prix 2018 1/2

"You can still hear bar in barc and snit in snitch, but you can't hear cas in cash."

- Domin, 2019
Old 04-03-2019, 11:54 PM   #651
Dominate
Tread Lightly.

Champed
- Netcees Battle League
- Battle Arena

Cool man. Great point. You got me.
Old 04-04-2019, 12:01 AM   #652
~RustyGunZ~
(ง'̀-'́)ง

Accomplishments
-50+ wins

Champed
-Summer Classic VIII
-Netcees Battle League
-BA Picture
-BA TagTeam
-Fight Night Cypher I
-Fight Night XXXV
-Key Grand Prix 2018 1/2

You can hear the SNI in snit and snitch

You do not hear the SNIT in SNITCH

If you hear that you're a
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost1 View Post
fucking real life idiot
Old 04-04-2019, 12:04 AM   #653
~RustyGunZ~
(ง'̀-'́)ง

Accomplishments
-50+ wins

Champed
-Summer Classic VIII
-Netcees Battle League
-BA Picture
-BA TagTeam
-Fight Night Cypher I
-Fight Night XXXV
-Key Grand Prix 2018 1/2

@mods namechange to set since you can hear the set in seth why waste bandwidth on the extra character
Old 04-04-2019, 12:06 AM   #654
Dominate
Tread Lightly.

Champed
- Netcees Battle League
- Battle Arena

I hear Snit in Snitch. Apparently others do too. So what?

Set/Seth is the same as Cas/Cash. The h changes the sound, it's not just tacked on.

Last edited by Dominate; 04-04-2019 at 12:08 AM.
Dominate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2019, 12:07 AM   #655
~RustyGunZ~
(ง'̀-'́)ง

Accomplishments
-50+ wins

Champed
-Summer Classic VIII
-Netcees Battle League
-BA Picture
-BA TagTeam
-Fight Night Cypher I
-Fight Night XXXV
-Key Grand Prix 2018 1/2

hate u
Old 04-04-2019, 12:10 AM   #656
Dominate
Tread Lightly.

Champed
- Netcees Battle League
- Battle Arena

love u

How's dad life?

Last time I was active I remember you made a thread like "look at my life's accomplishments, what is even left now?!" and I said fatherhood and now here we are. Cute kid.
Old 04-04-2019, 12:13 AM   #657
~RustyGunZ~
(ง'̀-'́)ง

Accomplishments
-50+ wins

Champed
-Summer Classic VIII
-Netcees Battle League
-BA Picture
-BA TagTeam
-Fight Night Cypher I
-Fight Night XXXV
-Key Grand Prix 2018 1/2

Quote:
I hear Snit in Snitch. Apparently others do too. So what?

Set/Seth is the same as Cas/Cash. The h changes the sound, it's not just tacked on.
Old 04-04-2019, 12:14 AM   #658
Dominate
Tread Lightly.

Champed
- Netcees Battle League
- Battle Arena

Quote:
LOL that meme.

But that would be relevant if we were arguing Snic vs Snich.

Snit vs Snitch isn't changing a "c" sound to a "ch" sound, it's tacking on the entirety of the "ch" sound.
Old 04-04-2019, 12:15 AM   #659
~RustyGunZ~
(ง'̀-'́)ง

Accomplishments
-50+ wins

Champed
-Summer Classic VIII
-Netcees Battle League
-BA Picture
-BA TagTeam
-Fight Night Cypher I
-Fight Night XXXV
-Key Grand Prix 2018 1/2

Quote:
love u

How's dad life?

Last time I was active I remember you made a thread like "look at my life's accomplishments, what is even left now?!" and I said fatherhood and now here we are. Cute kid.
it's dope, gracias compadre he's a real solid little dude

changes the way you look at the world
Old 04-04-2019, 12:17 AM   #660
Dominate
Tread Lightly.

Champed
- Netcees Battle League
- Battle Arena

Quote:
it's dope, gracias compadre he's a real solid little dude

changes the way you look at the world
Word. Hoping to be a dad in the next couple years too.

Tags
1 lip., all i need is 1 lip, cinderella shoot a fella, flow throwing subtle shade, go back to rb, hope zelph gets shot, one fucking lip, pig with one lip, rb heads bout to champ tho, rb voters have down syndrome, rb worst voters ever, squidward shooter?, where's sinacog?, worst 1-2 league ever, zelph is trash, zelph sucks, zelph super trash