Netcees  

Go Back   Netcees > Netcees - Leagues & Tournaments > The Battle Arena > Battle Arena Archives
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

User Tag List

Old 07-01-2014, 03:44 PM   #1
Paradigm

Battle Record: 4-4

Champed
- The Ultimate Textcee
- NBL Cypher

Paradigm has a brilliant futureParadigm has a brilliant futureParadigm has a brilliant futureParadigm has a brilliant futureParadigm has a brilliant futureParadigm has a brilliant futureParadigm has a brilliant futureParadigm has a brilliant futureParadigm has a brilliant futureParadigm has a brilliant futureParadigm has a brilliant future
Default Battle Arena Magazine I (The Revolution Edition)

Welcome to the Battle Arena Magazine: I, The Revolution Edition. I'm your host, Paradigm. Who am I? Why should I read anything this guy types? Well let me tell you about myself, I mainly come from sites such as Urbanflows, ItsHipHop, Hollafront and HipHopEmcees. I've Supermodded Battlegrounds and Tournaments across many sites, successfully. I've competed and won against top "longbar" talent across these premier sites as well. But that's not why you should be excited to read what I have to say and showcase. I'm one of the few motherfuckers to keep it 110% real, NO bullshit, NO "waaaa i'm to cool to host a txt tourney yet have 200+ battles on the net", NO "ROFLZWAFFLES you're how old fag0t" If you like battling and showcasing your talent as a writer I'm going to give you a platform to do it on. Fuck the bullshit, If you're dope I will put it on display.

The Revolution. Lets be honest Netcees, text has been at an all time low. The NBL was less then stellar. The Summer Tragic was a complete disaster. Voting sucks. Sheep are running rampant. Elenin is coming. People are uninspired to compete and contribute throughout the site, but why is that? Is it a failure on the Administrative side to drive content? or is the Community at fault? Who knows who is more to blame. I hope that with my fresh outlook and the changes I bring, this section of Netcees will come alive and inspire the rest of the site to love texting again, However, I can not do it alone. I need everyone to contribute or the revolution will never come to be. VIVA LA REVOLUION!!
- The Shepherd

What's New?
  • New Battle Ranking Point System
  • New Events
  • New Magazine

Battle Ranking Point System?

A good ranking system is one that promotes activity, competition and a sense that anyone can climb the ranks. It should give props to the top tier talent and ensure that the lower tier feel rewarded for climbing the ranks. This system achieves all of that. You decide on the experience you want from the Battle Arena. For more information visit the Rules and Regulations thread.

What's happening with my old ranking?

Everyone's record on the NEW Rankings will be reset to 0-0. I will however award people for their past records here with a +2W/-1L conversion if they wish. Sorry if you feel you're being cheated out of the work you put in. You will get over it.

What about the current champions of old system?

None of you put an effort to maintain your championship honor or give it prestige to be honest. However it wasn't entirely your fault, therefore I won't strip you of your titles just yet. You will check in if you are interested in maintaining your title. You will now defend your title once activity rises most likely in a weekly/bi-weekly manner. If you are not interested in doing this, Let me know and I will set up a tournament to determine a new champion.

@ill nik-A @Orc @Dominate @Aero

New Events?

BA Cyphers -
1-2 style cypher. Winner will be announced in Magazine. Spotlight for Top Lines with each awarded pts. Overall winner: +15pts

BA Roast -
I will post a Picture or series of pictures. Submit a 10line roast. Spotlight for Top Lines, each rewarded pts. Overall winner: 20pts

BA Bad Blood -
Spotlight match. Challenge someone you are beefing with. Provide me proof you have beef with said person via link. 20-32lines. Championship Battle Rules and Pts Awarded. Winner gets Spotlight in Magazine.

BA Spotlight -
I'll ask two people who have been doing well in the BA. 20lines. Championshipe Battle Rules. Winner awarded Contender Match and Spotlight in BA Magazine.

BA Raise the Stakes -
8 Competitors. -16pts to Enter. Bracket based on current rank. Round 1 16pt Minimum bet(you get 16from buy in) Round 2 32 Minimum etc. This is where things get interesting, SIDE BETS ARE ALLOWED via your OVERALL BATTLE ARENA PTS.(You Cant wager more then what you or your opponent have) You carry onto the next round what you earn. Highest Ranked bets first Lower Ranked Agrees or Counters I'll split the difference with +pts going to Higher Ranked Battler. Spotlight in BA Magazine. (Rules subject to change)

BA Fight Night -
Spontaneous keystyle tournament with 8 competitors. 8 Lines. 10 minutes per verse. 10lines/15mins for finals. No extensions. Spotlight in the Magazine. Wins/Loss: +10/-5 Overall winner: 25pts

BA Pay Per View
Battles include: Championship & Contender from all Titles. Multiple Bad Bloods and Spotlights happening at the same time.

If you have any suggestions or ideas for a different event you would like to see run please post or send me a message via PM.

The Battle Arena Magazine

The Magazine will be every two weeks minimum. It will include Questionnaires and Interviews. Top Battle & Punchlines with Points awarded. Spotlights on all events with emphasis on Top bars. Top Text SnF and Tag Team individual Rankings. Reviews. The Shepherd Spotlight. Eye Candy and WTF. If you wish to contribute to the Magazine I will be looking for people who want to help determine Roast/Cypher winners mainly & conduct interviews etc. PM me if interested

BA Questionnaire

Featuring ill nik-A
Give us a small intro about you and your Textcee past.
--bro, just check my hall of fame speech… I’ve beat the cream of the crop, I rise to the top, I never eat a pig cuz a pig is a cop

Will you partake in the Revolution?
--yes, in Cuba! Or just take out the men poem guys

Who do you think is the best right now on Netcees?
--me, it’s that simple, honorable mention to Hush, Orc, Alvin, Gow

Who do you think is the G.O.A.T Textcee?
--well if it aint me then who? You can name people like Resin, Pulse, Kung, Butler, User, Fraction (I’ve beaten all except the last two)

Who do you think is the most Overrated Textcee on Netcees?
--Aero, we know Dominate made your bars better cuz homie u average af, but what’s funny is when he votes he acts like he’s above everyone, homie fall back, u not funny nor that good

Who do you want to see battle here on Netcees?
--Resin, who I just saw posted the other day… creative as hell, my fave to read tbh

Who is the biggest homotextual on Netcees?
--well this can be debated…

Who would you fight in real life if you could from Netcees?
--no one honestly, I don’t think typing warrants actual beef… at one point I would’ve given that work to Dullboy and Veritas tbh… but I’m not abusive

What do you think about the Summer Classic failing?

---well I knew it would, especially after the site went under for a couple of days… this is usually the case when things like that happen, I say start all over from scratch, if Allen Knight is too busy then give it to someone who isn’t as busy

Is Beyond an Alpha? Explain.
--Bey is alright, he took his text serious, I mean I did too, if u write a verse, its to win, I don’t write to lose, so f it… now as far as him being king of the jungle, nah mayne

Is Aero the GOAT? Explain.
--no way… Lama used to point out how bad he was… he’s a bad clone of dominate… I’ve challenged him numerous times and I still hear the crickets… dude is average and acts like he’s God’s gift to text, no you’re not buddy

How old is an acceptable age for textceeing? Explain.
--text doesn’t have an age, does writing have an age? Whatever u like to do, u should be able to do, as long as it doesn’t cause any harm to anyone else, shit, do u, I do me… I like writing in this format and will continue to do so… we young forever! s/o to Destroyer, get them J’s playa

What do you think about Dizaster punching Math Hoffa in the face during a Rap Battle?
---someone had to do it AND I’m glad it was Diz… he’s been humble and always taken slack, he went into NYC after being threatened and devoured Sweve Sevah in his back yard… though its not cool to sucker punch, this one said Serius and Doze all over it. King sucker punch got sucker punched, GOOD! Now square up like a man if you wanna take it there… regardless don’t dare a grown man to punch u in the face, cuz well… it might just happen

Do you have any recent works you would like to link us to?
--I posted some key in the men poem section but I don’t care if u peep or not… my work speaks from the beginning of text to now

What do you think of HOF speeches from people not in the HOF?
---its only dope when I did it… cuz mine was real, plus I wipe my ass with dudes in it… I’ve done more throughout the years

Do you think everyone in the HOF currently deserves to be there?
---NO, I like Orc and as dope as he can be just on principle he shouldn’t be in, Calefaction didn’t do anything on NC enough to get the honor, especially after robbing Resin

What do you think about RapBattles.com?
---mehh, no one can really see me there, I tried to make it relevant but just got bored

What would you rather do besides Mod a text tournament?
--read an Aero verse

What do you think about Trolling?
---its stupid, it’s a waste, what do these people do with their lives, I mean Veritas claims to be successful but is all day on here…

If you had a choice and you must choose. Sticking your a dick in a gloryhole or Blood Transfusion with Strikta?
---glory hole it is

Do you regret taking this questionaire?
--this is the worst thing I’ve ever done on this site, thanks, now I don’t know if I should let u mod my forum

WTF
WTF @Bags Homotextual took his drapes and his beard then ghosted for the summer. I can't lie it has been kinda nice although his 33% lols per post average has been missed
WTF @The Summer Classic @namix @Allen Knight No Magazine No Bracket Site went offline for a few days. All of these made for a terrible tourney. Then again the people are most to blame here since most of the battlers that did know about the site being up, decided not to show anyways.
WTF @Beyond claiming Alpha status. Is this an AeroLike boast or with his time away from textceeing transformed out of his Beta ways. Time will tell.
WTF @ill nik-A every time after being defeated goes on week long hiatus. This time into the depths of RB yet to emerge with every post on Netcees since reminding us of he is the supreme sore loser.
WTF @Aero this LAMB gets called out even before the due date on his no showing past, doesn't show for extension, doesn't show AGAIN for a 2nd extension. He can no longer claim the GOAT status.
WTF @Paradigm I go into the last mag and see this. I'm done. I retire from ever doing a Mag again

Outro

Thank you everyone for reading and I hope everyone decides they want to participate in the revolution coming to the Battle Arena. Don't be a SHEEP or a LAMB bring something to the community or watch it disappear forever.
Old 07-01-2014, 04:56 PM   #2
Paradigm

Champed
- The Ultimate Textcee
- NBL Cypher

Paradigm has a brilliant futureParadigm has a brilliant futureParadigm has a brilliant futureParadigm has a brilliant futureParadigm has a brilliant futureParadigm has a brilliant futureParadigm has a brilliant futureParadigm has a brilliant futureParadigm has a brilliant futureParadigm has a brilliant futureParadigm has a brilliant future

Thanks @ill nik-A for taking the time to answer the 20Q's
Old 07-01-2014, 05:07 PM   #3
namix
been that, done there.

Battle Record: 2-1

Accomplishments
- OM HOF

namix has a brilliant futurenamix has a brilliant futurenamix has a brilliant futurenamix has a brilliant futurenamix has a brilliant futurenamix has a brilliant futurenamix has a brilliant futurenamix has a brilliant futurenamix has a brilliant futurenamix has a brilliant futurenamix has a brilliant future

Real nice, event ideas almost make me want to battle lol.

good shit Paradigm
Old 07-01-2014, 05:40 PM   #4
StarFaggot
Leave you flatlined.

Battle Record: 12-9

Champed
- Site Diss 2013
- Tag Team Tournament III

StarFaggot StarFaggot StarFaggot StarFaggot StarFaggot StarFaggot StarFaggot StarFaggot StarFaggot StarFaggot StarFaggot

Excellent mag. You'll make for a great mod. Lol @ Nika.

Hope this helps spur activity. Could've done without DG gif tbh.
Old 07-01-2014, 06:11 PM   #5
Moe Jetts
40 Cal. Ripken

Moe Jetts has a brilliant futureMoe Jetts has a brilliant futureMoe Jetts has a brilliant futureMoe Jetts has a brilliant futureMoe Jetts has a brilliant futureMoe Jetts has a brilliant futureMoe Jetts has a brilliant futureMoe Jetts has a brilliant futureMoe Jetts has a brilliant futureMoe Jetts has a brilliant futureMoe Jetts has a brilliant future

Nika never gives me love like I'm not one of the greats.

Good mag. Glad your tryna revive it.
Old 07-01-2014, 06:14 PM   #6
King Ra.
The Throne, The Crown

Battle Record: 21-35

King Ra. has a brilliant futureKing Ra. has a brilliant futureKing Ra. has a brilliant futureKing Ra. has a brilliant futureKing Ra. has a brilliant futureKing Ra. has a brilliant futureKing Ra. has a brilliant futureKing Ra. has a brilliant futureKing Ra. has a brilliant futureKing Ra. has a brilliant futureKing Ra. has a brilliant future

Good shit.
Old 07-01-2014, 06:22 PM   #7
~RustyGunZ~
(ง'̀-'́)ง

Battle Record: 52-28

Accomplishments
-50+ wins

Champed
-Summer Classic VIII
-Netcees Battle League
-BA Picture
-BA TagTeam
-Fight Night Cypher I
-Fight Night XXXV
-Key Grand Prix 2018 1/2

~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute

@Moe Jetts you lose your pw bro?
Old 07-01-2014, 06:27 PM   #8
Strikta
39 NS, lost in votes once

Battle Record: 32-40

Champed
- Time to Kill X
- Write Week III

Strikta has a brilliant futureStrikta has a brilliant futureStrikta has a brilliant futureStrikta has a brilliant futureStrikta has a brilliant futureStrikta has a brilliant futureStrikta has a brilliant futureStrikta has a brilliant futureStrikta has a brilliant futureStrikta has a brilliant futureStrikta has a brilliant future

Cool mag I guess.
Old 07-01-2014, 11:51 PM   #9
El Muffin
DOHpe since 02'

Battle Record: 43-24

Champed
- Netcees Battle League
- 1-2 Punch Onslaught
- 1-2 Punch League
- Hot or Thot Roast
- Hot or Thot 2018
- Fight Night 11
- NPL Roast

El Muffin has a brilliant futureEl Muffin has a brilliant futureEl Muffin has a brilliant futureEl Muffin has a brilliant futureEl Muffin has a brilliant futureEl Muffin has a brilliant futureEl Muffin has a brilliant futureEl Muffin has a brilliant futureEl Muffin has a brilliant futureEl Muffin has a brilliant futureEl Muffin has a brilliant future

Cool mag,

Think there should be picture battle champions as well..

But what do I know

Ill be participating in the roasts though
Old 07-02-2014, 02:34 AM   #10
Roar
Lyin

Roar drags down this site on a Masaii-levelRoar drags down this site on a Masaii-levelRoar drags down this site on a Masaii-levelRoar drags down this site on a Masaii-levelRoar drags down this site on a Masaii-levelRoar drags down this site on a Masaii-levelRoar drags down this site on a Masaii-levelRoar drags down this site on a Masaii-levelRoar drags down this site on a Masaii-levelRoar drags down this site on a Masaii-levelRoar drags down this site on a Masaii-level

Lol he literally stole everything from RBs FL
Old 07-02-2014, 02:41 AM   #11
Paradigm

Champed
- The Ultimate Textcee
- NBL Cypher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roar View Post
If it ain't broke...

I'm also expanding on most things but way to nitpick.
Old 07-02-2014, 12:14 PM   #12
Witty
Lime Life

Battle Record: 30-41

Accomplishments
- Only Slightly Retarded

Champed
- Lyric Olympics
- Summer Classic

Witty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roar View Post
Stole....like FL was the original lolololol

you people are so silly sometimes.

Great job @Paradigm

Old 07-02-2014, 12:29 PM   #13
Amen

Lol @Roar - word, tho.

Do your thing, tho. If you want this place to get active, you have to start recruiting active battlers, dude. Nice mag, yo.

Old 07-02-2014, 04:13 PM   #14
~RustyGunZ~
(ง'̀-'́)ง

Battle Record: 52-28

Accomplishments
-50+ wins

Champed
-Summer Classic VIII
-Netcees Battle League
-BA Picture
-BA TagTeam
-Fight Night Cypher I
-Fight Night XXXV
-Key Grand Prix 2018 1/2

~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute

dead @ stole RBs outline

it's text battling it's not that complicated, and every site has used ish like this
Old 07-08-2014, 01:26 PM   #15
Allen Knight
The Bad Guys.

Battle Record: 106-34

Accomplishments
- Hall of Fame

Champed
- Key to Greatness I
- BA Cypher Tournament
- Tag Team Tournament I
- Fight Night LXXVI
- Time to Kill V
- Fight Night LXXX
- 1-2 Punch League
- Fight Night Cypher II
- Key Grand Prix IV
- NBL Cypher (7x)
- Throwdown Cypher
- Netcees Battle League (2x)
- BA Cypher III
- Fight Night 1
- Tag Team Tournament V

Allen Knight has a reputation beyond reputeAllen Knight has a reputation beyond reputeAllen Knight has a reputation beyond reputeAllen Knight has a reputation beyond reputeAllen Knight has a reputation beyond reputeAllen Knight has a reputation beyond reputeAllen Knight has a reputation beyond reputeAllen Knight has a reputation beyond reputeAllen Knight has a reputation beyond reputeAllen Knight has a reputation beyond reputeAllen Knight has a reputation beyond repute

Dope shit para
Old 07-08-2014, 09:52 PM   #16
BROKE LESNAR
βгοкε ㄴεςηαг

Battle Record: 9-4

Champed
- 1-2 Punch League

BROKE LESNAR has a brilliant futureBROKE LESNAR has a brilliant futureBROKE LESNAR has a brilliant futureBROKE LESNAR has a brilliant futureBROKE LESNAR has a brilliant futureBROKE LESNAR has a brilliant futureBROKE LESNAR has a brilliant futureBROKE LESNAR has a brilliant futureBROKE LESNAR has a brilliant futureBROKE LESNAR has a brilliant futureBROKE LESNAR has a brilliant future

Great mag. I always thought the PPV format should be utilized more. I would really like to see the BA turn into a brand of sorts. Its own allegiances, crews, drama, grudges, etc. Like a league in and of itself, with no offseason.
Old 07-08-2014, 11:58 PM   #17
Paradigm

Champed
- The Ultimate Textcee
- NBL Cypher

Quote:
Originally Posted by BROKE LESNAR View Post
Great mag. I always thought the PPV format should be utilized more. I would really like to see the BA turn into a brand of sorts. Its own allegiances, crews, drama, grudges, etc. Like a league in and of itself, with no offseason.
I agree completely. People just need the motivation to battle. I think things will be a lot better after the Summer Classic.
Old 07-12-2014, 07:26 AM   #18
El Muffin
DOHpe since 02'

Battle Record: 43-24

Champed
- Netcees Battle League
- 1-2 Punch Onslaught
- 1-2 Punch League
- Hot or Thot Roast
- Hot or Thot 2018
- Fight Night 11
- NPL Roast

El Muffin has a brilliant futureEl Muffin has a brilliant futureEl Muffin has a brilliant futureEl Muffin has a brilliant futureEl Muffin has a brilliant futureEl Muffin has a brilliant futureEl Muffin has a brilliant futureEl Muffin has a brilliant futureEl Muffin has a brilliant futureEl Muffin has a brilliant futureEl Muffin has a brilliant future

Dohpe needs to make a resurgence
Old 07-12-2014, 08:55 AM   #19
Amen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradigm View Post
I agree completely. People just need the motivation to battle. I think things will be a lot better after the Summer Classic.
It's your section, bro. You have to provide that motivation to get people to want to battle, bro. It's sort of like a "Buy in" program. Try a lot of shit out man, something is bond to resurrect the text scene here, battle wise. I've ran many sites, leagues, forums and have experience in this particular genre. SO don't take me as coming off as an asshole or know it all. Just trying to help you bring this grave yard back to life, walking dead status. People eating peoples faces off. Just some food for thought, tryout some things and test the waters. You will most certainly fail a lot, but don't give up and stay consistent because with Success, comes failure. Don't be scared to try an go out of peoples elements. A lot do not like change, but sometimes change is what helps success. The major key is being consistent and not giving up.

Old 07-12-2014, 04:43 PM   #20
Blanco Bishop

Battle Record: 11-20

Blanco Bishop has a brilliant futureBlanco Bishop has a brilliant futureBlanco Bishop has a brilliant futureBlanco Bishop has a brilliant futureBlanco Bishop has a brilliant futureBlanco Bishop has a brilliant futureBlanco Bishop has a brilliant futureBlanco Bishop has a brilliant futureBlanco Bishop has a brilliant futureBlanco Bishop has a brilliant futureBlanco Bishop has a brilliant future

Dope mag