Netcees  

Go Back   Netcees > Forum > Discussion Board

User Tag List
Split

Old 05-12-2014, 12:03 AM   #1
Masaii

Default Why do we do it?

So im in the city on one of the bussiest sts and all I can see is people scurrying along everywhere in a fastidious manner like rats, and it got me thinking....

We all know we are part of the rat race, a slave to society, so if we know this then why do we willingly participate when we know the end result. Even if you 'win' youre still a rat.

So what is the great alternative? Joining a community of recluse misanthropes?

If we all know this then why the fuck are we still doing it? We have known this our whole lives. Its like living in limbo, free enough to make choices but never really free enough to make important choices...
Old 05-12-2014, 01:09 AM   #2
Split

Battle Record: 27-22

Split has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond repute

this an existential crisis? move to the far suburbs. it's way different.
Old 05-12-2014, 02:21 AM   #3
Masaii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Split Eight View Post
this an existential crisis? move to the far suburbs. it's way different.
Moving doesnt exclude you from the race.

And besides I already live on the beach in a beautiful area (semi bogan/redneck tho).
Old 05-12-2014, 02:36 AM   #4
TYSON
IN LOVE WITH A STRIPPER

Battle Record: 10-15

TYSON has a brilliant futureTYSON has a brilliant futureTYSON has a brilliant futureTYSON has a brilliant futureTYSON has a brilliant futureTYSON has a brilliant futureTYSON has a brilliant futureTYSON has a brilliant futureTYSON has a brilliant futureTYSON has a brilliant futureTYSON has a brilliant future

The only alternative is death
TYSON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 02:51 AM   #5
Masaii

you exclude yourself from society and live off the grid? People have done that before successfully.

I dunno bros. the matrix had it right.
Old 05-12-2014, 03:58 AM   #6
zygote

Battle Record: 33-12

Accomplishments
- OM HOF (2x)

Champed
- Art of Writing League (3x)

zygote has a brilliant futurezygote has a brilliant futurezygote has a brilliant futurezygote has a brilliant futurezygote has a brilliant futurezygote has a brilliant futurezygote has a brilliant futurezygote has a brilliant futurezygote has a brilliant futurezygote has a brilliant futurezygote has a brilliant future

"It happens that the stage sets collapse. Rising, streetcar, four hours in the office or the factory, meal, streetcar, four hours of work, meal, sleep, and Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday and Saturday according to the same rhythm this path is easily followed most of the time. But one day the "why" arises and everything begins in that weariness tinged with amazement. This is important. Weariness comes at the end of the acts of a mechanical life, but at the same time it inaugurates the impulse of consciousness. It awakens consciousness and provokes what follows. What follows is the gradual return into the chain or it is the definitive awakening. At the end of the awakening comes, in time, the consequence : suicide or recovery. In itself weariness has something sickening about it. Here, I must conclude that it is good. For everything begins with consciousness and nothing is worth anything except through it. There is nothing original about these remarks. But they are obvious; that is enough for a while, during a sketchy reconnaissance in the origins of the absurd. Mere "anxiety," as Heidegger says, is at the source of everything.

Likewise and during every day of an unillustrious life, time carries us. But a moment always comes when we have to carry it. We live an the future : "tomorrow," "later on," "when you have made your way," "you will understand when you are old enough." Such irrelevancies are wonderful, for, after all, it's a matter of dying. Yet a day comes when a man notices or says that he is thirty. Thus he asserts his youth. But simultaneously he situates himself in relation to time. He takes his place in it. He admits that he stands at a certain point on a curve that he acknowledges having to travel to its end. He belongs to time, and by the horror that seizes him, he recognizes his worst enemy. Tomorrow, he was longing for tomorrow, whereas everything in him ought to reject it. That revolt of the flesh is the absurd.

A step lower and strangeness creeps in perceiving that the world is "dense," sensing to what a degree a stone is foreign and irreducible to us, with what intensity nature or a landscape can negate us. At the heart of all beauty lies something inhuman, and these hills, the softness of the sky, the outline of these trees at this very minute lose the illusory meaning with which we had clothed them, henceforth more remote than a lost paradise. The primitive hostility of the world rises up to face us across millennia. For a second we cease to understand it because for centuries we have understood in it solely the images and designs that we had attributed to it beforehand, because henceforth we lack the power to make use of that artifice. The world evades us because it becomes itself again. That stage scenery masked by habit becomes again what it is. It withdraws at a distance from us. just as there are days when under the familiar face of a woman, we see as a stranger her we had loved months or years ago, perhaps we shall come even to desire what suddenly leaves us so alone. But the time has not yet come. just one thing : that denseness and that strangeness of the world is the absurd.

Men, too, secrete the inhuman. At certain moments of lucidity, the mechanical aspect of their gestures, their meaningless pantomime makes silly everything that surrounds them. A man is talking on the telephone behind a glass partition; you cannot hear him, but you see his incomprehensible dumb show: you wonder why he is alive. This discomfort in the face of man's own inhumanity, this incalculable tumble before the image of what we are, this "nausea," as a writer of today calls it, is also the absurd. Likewise the stranger who at certain seconds comes to meet us in a mirror, the familiar and yet alarming brother we encounter in our own photographs is also the absurd." - Myth of Sisyphus, Camus.

To summarize in one sentence - life is inherently absurd, you can either kill yourself or embrace it and push the metaphorical rock back up the hill again and again.
zygote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 03:58 AM   #7
Baron Mynd
PROVEN BITER

Baron Mynd drags down this site on a Masaii-levelBaron Mynd drags down this site on a Masaii-levelBaron Mynd drags down this site on a Masaii-levelBaron Mynd drags down this site on a Masaii-levelBaron Mynd drags down this site on a Masaii-levelBaron Mynd drags down this site on a Masaii-levelBaron Mynd drags down this site on a Masaii-levelBaron Mynd drags down this site on a Masaii-levelBaron Mynd drags down this site on a Masaii-levelBaron Mynd drags down this site on a Masaii-levelBaron Mynd drags down this site on a Masaii-level

damn masai sound broke as fuck if he has to worry about working

get that money bruh
Old 05-12-2014, 05:04 AM   #8
Masaii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron Mynd View Post
damn masai sound broke as fuck if he has to worry about working

get that money bruh
Ive got enough for a house deposit, have no debts and own my car. Im 22.
This isnt about money.
Old 05-12-2014, 06:47 AM   #9
uh-oh
DA GOD

Battle Record: 1-0

Champed
- Beat Battle II
- Beat Battle V
- Beat Bags

uh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant future

my main goal in life is to do as little as possible to meet my societal needs

so i can focus on my time ALONE, as a wayward modern philosopher with no new ideas. just tickling my fancies with mundane entertainment inbetween periods of depression and manic happiness
Old 05-12-2014, 07:13 AM   #10
Baron Mynd
PROVEN BITER

Baron Mynd drags down this site on a Masaii-levelBaron Mynd drags down this site on a Masaii-levelBaron Mynd drags down this site on a Masaii-levelBaron Mynd drags down this site on a Masaii-levelBaron Mynd drags down this site on a Masaii-levelBaron Mynd drags down this site on a Masaii-levelBaron Mynd drags down this site on a Masaii-levelBaron Mynd drags down this site on a Masaii-levelBaron Mynd drags down this site on a Masaii-levelBaron Mynd drags down this site on a Masaii-levelBaron Mynd drags down this site on a Masaii-level

Tits or GTFO goes without saying here bruh
Old 05-12-2014, 08:19 AM   #11
Objective
( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)

Battle Record: 17-32

Objective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masaii View Post
If we all know this then why the fuck are we still doing it? We have known this our whole lives. Its like living in limbo, free enough to make choices but never really free enough to make important choices...
The question isn't ''why the fuck are we still doing it'', the question should be; Why the fuck are you still doing it? If you hate it so much there's several communities that go several hundred years back in time and live off soil, trading and farm animals and shit. It's probably open to you as well.

Better yet, how about stop thinking about the fucking rat race and care about what you want to do with your life? Fuck that shit, it's bullshit. Do YOU, it's YOUR life. There's easy money everywhere, you just gotta know where to look and who to speak to. Go do some non-profit shit for whatever stuff that interests you, get involved, get contacts and start talking to those people about starting something up. Try it out, just don't put too much money in it or put your living standards at risk. If it works out; COOL. If it doesn't; FUCK IT, try again (you didn't put much money in it, or anything at all, anyways except for time into getting closer to what you want out of YOUR life).
Work for the stuff you want to do if you hate the ''rat race'' so much and stop giving a damn about others do, quality of life is what matters. But it doesn't come to you unless you actually do something about it yourself. There's no such things as having ''made it'', it's just a vague definition stupid people use to compare themselves to others to feel great about themselves. The downside is when the same stupid people do it and feel worse. For some people having made it is having a steady income no matter what job they got, to others it's having a few million dollar house in a rich neighborhood and a multi-million dollar company. It doesn't matter. Compare yourself to you and where you want to be. If you're not happy; stop looking at others for acceptance or feel better about yourself when your despise for it only receives a ''nod'' from your peers. It does nothing. Because if you do that shit you're looking in the wrong places. If these people you saw scurrying around isn't really living, they're looking in the wrong places. The main theme here is; It doesn't have to be you unless you choose it yourself. Use whatever tools you got in your possession and work towards it from the starting point you got now. Only you can do the changes that works for you, just don't sit around and hope some new world war anarchist does it for you only so you can sit down in a corner and say ''this isn't how I envisioned it...''.

There's alternatives to everything. Stop whining, get your ass up and do something that matters to you. I'm sure it'll be appreciated somewhere. And I'm sure this ''rat race'' you speak of only seem like a horrible thing because you're approaching it wrong. People in general are. You're free to do whatever you want, only you can put limitations on that. If you want to live in the wilderness by yourself no-ones stopping you. You can literally sell everything you have, go somewhere warmer and do that if you don't really enjoy how things are.

And to answer your question: People do it because they're stupid, don't know how, think this is how it's supposed to be, is questioning things because they don't know what they want in this life and/or haven't actually tried going for it and instead went for the safe route of following a set scheme, or is perfectly fine with how things are and are living great lives filled with joy and happiness. Nothing wrong with any of that, but if you want changes in your life because you feel trapped in a cage you can't get out of only you can find they key to get yourself out. Only a fool stands idly by hoping someone else does for it you.

Don't be a fool Masaii, you're good people. Enjoy life, or at the very least do what you can to do just that.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=gV8ozGcGJ6o

Last edited by Objective; 05-12-2014 at 08:26 AM.
Objective is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 08:36 AM   #12
dull boy
consults Lloyd

Battle Record: 0-8

Champed
-1-2 Punch League Roast

dull boy has a brilliant futuredull boy has a brilliant futuredull boy has a brilliant futuredull boy has a brilliant futuredull boy has a brilliant futuredull boy has a brilliant futuredull boy has a brilliant futuredull boy has a brilliant futuredull boy has a brilliant futuredull boy has a brilliant futuredull boy has a brilliant future

The unbearable lightness of being.
dull boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 09:32 AM   #13
Masaii

@Objective

I like the response (not sarcasm), I am happy with the way my life is heading though, I didnt mean it in a poor me kinda way, I was more thinking about how did we even get to this in the first place (mans lust for power I guess).

But I hear you, I am taking steps towards a career goal I am trying to achieve and am making great relationships with people on the way...which is all one can really do anyway...
Old 05-12-2014, 09:34 AM   #14
veritas
HALL OF FAME

Battle Record: 3-5

veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas

1. read Ecclesiastes
2. if you tear it down, what would you build in its place?
The cerebral assassin, the molder of minds, the Omni potent being. Time transcending traveler, wisdom incarnate. Veritas needs no intro but I guess I have to. He’s not know in the battling world but who doesn’t know veritas? The guy us always original and if you pay attention to his bars, dude brings the heat.. The gawd.
veritas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 11:41 AM   #15
Hush
NJ Devil

Battle Record: Who Cares

Accomplishments
- Hall of Fame

Hush has a brilliant futureHush has a brilliant futureHush has a brilliant futureHush has a brilliant futureHush has a brilliant futureHush has a brilliant futureHush has a brilliant futureHush has a brilliant futureHush has a brilliant futureHush has a brilliant futureHush has a brilliant future

I have a feeling masaii drives a undersized peice of shit car
Hush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 12:05 PM   #16
Masaii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hush View Post
I have a feeling masaii drives a undersized peice of shit car
I have a feeling you live with your mum....which one of us is right?
Old 05-12-2014, 12:45 PM   #17
Eŋg
rhyme capsule.

Eŋg Eŋg Eŋg Eŋg Eŋg Eŋg Eŋg Eŋg Eŋg Eŋg Eŋg

rats in a trap feed. there's ways to exist outside of that 'false paradigm', i'm sure. i'm not. but being a zombie is not inevitable; it's not progress, either.

also, fastidious? i'm going to avoid channeling Íñigo Montoya on this one.
Eŋg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 01:46 PM   #18
dead man
living

Battle Record: 33-18

Accomplishments
- Hall of Fame

Champed
- AOWL Season 1
- Art of Writing League
- AOWL Season 4
- Write Week V
- GWL Season 1

dead man has a brilliant futuredead man has a brilliant futuredead man has a brilliant futuredead man has a brilliant futuredead man has a brilliant futuredead man has a brilliant futuredead man has a brilliant futuredead man has a brilliant futuredead man has a brilliant futuredead man has a brilliant futuredead man has a brilliant future

i remember a thread in which @uh-oh said he was about to just say fuck everything basically and go live off the land in a patch of wilderness somewhere. just start walking and never stop.

sometimes that sounds really good to me.
Old 05-12-2014, 01:46 PM   #19
El Muffin
DOHpe since 02'

Battle Record: 43-24

Champed
- Netcees Battle League
- 1-2 Punch Onslaught
- 1-2 Punch League
- Hot or Thot Roast
- Hot or Thot 2018
- Fight Night 11
- NPL Roast

El Muffin has a brilliant futureEl Muffin has a brilliant futureEl Muffin has a brilliant futureEl Muffin has a brilliant futureEl Muffin has a brilliant futureEl Muffin has a brilliant futureEl Muffin has a brilliant futureEl Muffin has a brilliant futureEl Muffin has a brilliant futureEl Muffin has a brilliant futureEl Muffin has a brilliant future

Zygotes Sisyphus analogy nailed it on the head
Old 05-12-2014, 01:53 PM   #20
El Muffin
DOHpe since 02'

Battle Record: 43-24

Champed
- Netcees Battle League
- 1-2 Punch Onslaught
- 1-2 Punch League
- Hot or Thot Roast
- Hot or Thot 2018
- Fight Night 11
- NPL Roast

El Muffin has a brilliant futureEl Muffin has a brilliant futureEl Muffin has a brilliant futureEl Muffin has a brilliant futureEl Muffin has a brilliant futureEl Muffin has a brilliant futureEl Muffin has a brilliant futureEl Muffin has a brilliant futureEl Muffin has a brilliant futureEl Muffin has a brilliant futureEl Muffin has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by dead man View Post
i remember a thread in which @uh-oh said he was about to just say fuck everything basically and go live off the land in a patch of wilderness somewhere. just start walking and never stop.

sometimes that sounds really good to me.
Bet that exodus wouldnt last two days before you start having whopper withdrawals

Lol jk but srs..

None of you are cutting ties to society ..lets keep it real

Tags
why do we do roids?, why lift black babies?, zzz cuz no one raises them