Netcees  

Go Back   Netcees > Vault > Archives > The Netcees archive > Art of Writing League > AOWL Season 8 Archive

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Old 12-04-2017, 07:48 PM   #1
Inno
Ad mini tator

Battle Record: 26-54

Champed
- Lime Green Poetry Association
- Black August
- 1-2 Punch League

Inno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond repute
Default WEEK I MAG:

Enjoy

@symetirk @Diablo @Pent uP @dead man @Genocide @PancakeBrah @Diode @Mr. J @Objective @DVS @Incredible @YDK @Requiem

Last edited by Inno; 12-05-2017 at 01:11 PM.
Old 12-05-2017, 01:24 AM   #2
Inno
Ad mini tator

Champed
- Black August
- 1-2 Punch League

Inno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond repute

Man I got a sexy accent
Old 12-05-2017, 02:09 AM   #3
Objective
( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)

Battle Record: 17-32

Objective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant future

Fuck yeah, making myself some tea and smoking up to this mag. Good shit Inno.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=gV8ozGcGJ6o
Old 12-05-2017, 03:42 AM   #4
Objective
( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)

Objective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant future

lmfao, you trashed Mr.J hard, lol. Good shit tho.

Just some lighthearted critique, no need to do any of this really but writing it anyways just in case you're looking to improve these types of vids.
A thing that would be dope tho is if you could edit in the pics in the video in premiere or some shit when you introduce the topics. A little bit extra work tho but would be cool. Another thing you could do is that instead of a video you make it as a podcast and upload it to Soundcloud or something, I don't mind listening in on the phone or whatever if they're 45mins compared to a video I ended up doing just that with.

Either way it would be appreciated a lot if you could filter out the background noise, just follow the step at the 2:10 mark here:

Easiest way to remove the noise is probably just recording the podcast (if that's what you end up doing) in Audacity, remove and upload. Whatever you do, either it's a video or not it would be dope to maybe get one of the winners in for an interview or simply go through the battles with them reading one verse each or something to mix it up and then giving your views/votes.

Nice work anyways, you added some good advice and insight on the battles. Looking forward to the next one as well.

Old 12-05-2017, 07:11 AM   #5
Inno
Ad mini tator

Champed
- Black August
- 1-2 Punch League

Yeah man thanks for the feed back.

And yes I was thinking of doing this in podcast format.
But again I’m new to this so let me adjust lol. Also great suggestion about adding picture to the video, I had that idea before I posted this vid. Unfortunately I don’t know how to edit so it will be a bit of a mission for me lol.

But the podcast format is enticing. Thanks @Objective for peeping the mag
Old 12-05-2017, 11:43 AM   #6
Diablo
Badgerdick

Battle Record: 11-2

Champed
- Art of Writing League

Diablo has a brilliant futureDiablo has a brilliant futureDiablo has a brilliant futureDiablo has a brilliant futureDiablo has a brilliant futureDiablo has a brilliant futureDiablo has a brilliant futureDiablo has a brilliant futureDiablo has a brilliant futureDiablo has a brilliant futureDiablo has a brilliant future

lmao just watched the video in its entirety at work

crazy shit yo

you need to post this in the disc board too to show people what they're missing on the AOWL side for the folks who don't usually check for this part of the board

maybe it will give them some impetus to come play with us all
Old 12-05-2017, 11:44 AM   #7
Diablo
Badgerdick

Champed
- Art of Writing League

Diablo has a brilliant futureDiablo has a brilliant futureDiablo has a brilliant futureDiablo has a brilliant futureDiablo has a brilliant futureDiablo has a brilliant futureDiablo has a brilliant futureDiablo has a brilliant futureDiablo has a brilliant futureDiablo has a brilliant futureDiablo has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Innovator View Post
Yeah man thanks for the feed back.

And yes I was thinking of doing this in podcast format.
But again I’m new to this so let me adjust lol. Also great suggestion about adding picture to the video, I had that idea before I posted this vid. Unfortunately I don’t know how to edit so it will be a bit of a mission for me lol.

But the podcast format is enticing. Thanks @Objective for peeping the mag
editing stuff is tough bro

you couldn't maybe do some basic stuff with imovie if you've an iPhone, you could put up the names of battlers etc but it would be basic

for everything else you'll want an actual PC and a program and I can't really help you with that ish tbh
Old 12-05-2017, 01:10 PM   #8
Inno
Ad mini tator

Champed
- Black August
- 1-2 Punch League

Yeah I’ll have ask around to see some one can do that lol

For now though let’s leave production value out the equation
And let’s focus on showing hahaha

Thanks again
Old 12-05-2017, 05:03 PM   #9
Objective
( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Innovator View Post
Yeah I’ll have ask around to see some one can do that lol

For now though let’s leave production value out the equation
And let’s focus on showing hahaha

Thanks again
I can possibly do it but my internet speed is pretty bad so it depends a little bit on the size of the video. If it's below or around 2gb it's not too bad for me. It's not as hard as it seems but it does take some learning to do, once you have it tho it's easy stuff and takes about 10 minutes to get it right, then it's the rendering and upload left.

Feel free to upload it somewhere ahead of time (I'm 6 hours ahead of you or something so if you post it up at midnight on Saturday I won't be able to do anything until Sunday night or possibly Monday etc.) but I'm down to giving it a try if you're up for it. I'm new to editing as well but it'd be dope to learn.

This video makes it seem easy, lol: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rumMZMACznw

Old 12-05-2017, 05:31 PM   #10
Inno
Ad mini tator

Champed
- Black August
- 1-2 Punch League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Objective View Post
I can possibly do it but my internet speed is pretty bad so it depends a little bit on the size of the video. If it's below or around 2gb it's not too bad for me. It's not as hard as it seems but it does take some learning to do, once you have it tho it's easy stuff and takes about 10 minutes to get it right, then it's the rendering and upload left.

Feel free to upload it somewhere ahead of time (I'm 6 hours ahead of you or something so if you post it up at midnight on Saturday I won't be able to do anything until Sunday night or possibly Monday etc.) but I'm down to giving it a try if you're up for it. I'm new to editing as well but it'd be dope to learn.

This video makes it seem easy, lol: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rumMZMACznw
Well shot if your willing to try it let’s have at it for next weeks mag.

Although I can’t do the mag until all the votes are in and all that so I’d probably send it your Monday. If you can pull it off and add production value to a MAG. Waiting for it shouldn’t be a problem.
Old 12-05-2017, 05:41 PM   #11
Diablo
Badgerdick

Champed
- Art of Writing League

@Objective if you're any good I may have some paid work for you bro

this is my YouTube channel:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpL...JryWgAmBffffQg

peep my usual standard videos and basic editing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XWH1OAIrGAA&t=63s

here's one a friend edited for me

if you can do anything like that I'll pay you to edit some for me regularly
Old 12-05-2017, 06:34 PM   #12
Inno
Ad mini tator

Champed
- Black August
- 1-2 Punch League

Lol nice
Old 12-05-2017, 06:55 PM   #13
Objective
( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)

@Innovator: Let's give it a try. I'm pretty new to this whole thing but I got all the software needed, only thing left is learning something I've needed motivation and inspiration to do for a while.

@Diablo: That would be dope, I know what's needed and I got the drive to make it right, if that's enough tho is a different matter. I already have the tutorials/help needed in the world to make it work (even a few professionals I can ask on Facebook if it comes to that). It'll just take longer time and a little bit of trial and error before the final product is done, at least in the start and until I get into a certain work flow. Let me give the mag a try first and see how it goes, either way I sent you a PM.

Old 12-05-2017, 06:58 PM   #14
DVS

DVS has a brilliant futureDVS has a brilliant futureDVS has a brilliant futureDVS has a brilliant futureDVS has a brilliant futureDVS has a brilliant futureDVS has a brilliant futureDVS has a brilliant futureDVS has a brilliant futureDVS has a brilliant futureDVS has a brilliant future

I was going to say, I teach editing and can give you some simple tips if you're keen to spice it up.

Much respect for taking the amount of time to do this though.
Old 12-05-2017, 07:10 PM   #15
Objective
( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVS View Post
I was going to say, I teach editing and can give you some simple tips if you're keen to spice it up.

Much respect for taking the amount of time to do this though.
Not sure who this was aimed for but if I end up doing the mag/whatever I'd be very happy to have someone I could ask if I should have some questions and you don't have time/motivation to do this yourself. What I find to be the most difficult is getting the video settings right for Youtube, then again I've done this in Sony Vegas in the past with varied success and Premiere seems to be a bit more forgiving/easier on that aspect which I'm transitioning over to now due to AE being in the same system and all that stuff.

Old 12-05-2017, 07:25 PM   #16
DVS

DVS has a brilliant futureDVS has a brilliant futureDVS has a brilliant futureDVS has a brilliant futureDVS has a brilliant futureDVS has a brilliant futureDVS has a brilliant futureDVS has a brilliant futureDVS has a brilliant futureDVS has a brilliant futureDVS has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Objective View Post
Not sure who this was aimed for but if I end up doing the mag/whatever I'd be very happy to have someone I could ask if I should have some questions and you don't have time/motivation to do this yourself. What I find to be the most difficult is getting the video settings right for Youtube, then again I've done this in Sony Vegas in the past with varied success and Premiere seems to be a bit more forgiving/easier on that aspect which I'm transitioning over to now due to AE being in the same system and all that stuff.
Yeh easy. I can tell you all the right settings. I have literally have been exporting and editing videos for work for a decade. Happy to help.

This a sample of my directing / editing

https://vimeo.com/178142740
Old 12-05-2017, 08:37 PM   #17
Inno
Ad mini tator

Champed
- Black August
- 1-2 Punch League

AOWL NETWORKING YO

Very dope @Objective @DVS

I’m glad I inspired this lol
Old 12-06-2017, 11:21 PM   #18
Objective
( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)

Word, looking forward to learn this shit. Been wanting to do it for a while but never got much further than watching tutorials n shit and a few half assed projects I never finished, lol.

Dope shit @DVS, that's definitely appreciated. That vid you posted up was dope af as well, you know your stuff for sure.

Closed Thread