User Tag List

Old 09-08-2016, 04:25 PM   #1
Certain
Mad fucking dangerous.

Battle Record: 40-19

Champed
- AOWL Season 3
- Art of Writing League (2x)

Certain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond repute
Default Track review: "Every Day" by Infinity Tha rellik

https://soundcloud.com/isaac-meyer-3/every-day

Hello, @Infinity Tha rellik. Let’s start with presentation. Who do you think your audience is? That little pubic patch covering your triple chin doesn’t make you look good. You should consider removing your image from your rap to get a more fair shake from strangers on Soundcloud.

Song comes up. First thing, you don’t know how to mix your vocals. But I get it; you’re doing this on the cheap. That’s why the beat is so simple and also needs to be mixed. The first sign of a total amateur is that tinny sound that dominates these drums.

Then you start rapping. First, let’s look at the lyrics:

“I’m a motherfucking beast on the microphone.
You could all run and hide and then die alone.
Think the Lord’s showing favor, you might be wrong.
I can get you anywhere, even inside your home.”

Honestly, I thought this was a bad hook until you kept going. It’s so simplistic that it made me think you were starting with your garbage hook, something that could be repeated, rather than an actual verse attempting to brag. First, you know how you had to speed up awkwardly at the end of the last line? That’s because you needed to balance your syllables. That wasn’t Ludacris dropping a quick double-time. That was “Oh, shit, this line is two syllables too long for the beat” as though you never realized it in the 85 times you practiced this shit in the mirror before grabbing your iPhone headset to record it. A more glaring point where this happen is when you say “That’s why rap is easy and I’m deadly as cancer.” Along with that line not making any sense, it actually would have flowed properly if you had changed it to “rap’s easy” instead of “rap is easy.” They mean the same thing.

As far as your delivery, it improves as the track goes. You sound like a feeble little bitch to start, like you’re sweating at community college rec center open mic night having never performed before. But you start to figure out how to be a little confident, which is unjustified because the lyrics and flow continue to be bad.

For a song with the attempted quasi-hook of “I do it for the city every day,” you really don’t seem to be putting on for your city at all. Young Jeezy did a song with a similar theme. His song not only was 931 times better than yours, but it also embodied Atlanta rap. That’s his city. He showed us, rather than just telling us.

But the biggest thing here is all this bravado. To use Jeezy as an example again, his delivery really makes you believe him. He swaggers. Even when your delivery perks up, you sound like you might be able to pass if your lyrics were smart. Instead, it’s a lot of very nonspecific tough talk that is neither clever nor original in any way. No one believes you. Actually, I take that back. Someone believes you. You said it yourself, though:

“If it’s just me, then it makes it even sadder.”
Old 09-08-2016, 04:40 PM   #2
PancakeBrah
SOBER

Battle Record: 2-5

Champed
- AOWL Season 2

PancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond repute

Nessys respects the sacrifice you made in enduring this.

Not going to listen but I cannot say I enjoyed the lyrics you quoted much at all. I respect your critical opinion and thus cosign the review sight unseen.

Stay hustling relic.

We're all going to make it someday.
And the ditch in the back road stop
Could you find me?
PancakeBrah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2016, 04:43 PM   #3
Hearder Hearder
Banned

Battle Record: 1-1

Hearder Hearder Hearder Hearder Hearder Hearder Hearder Hearder Hearder Hearder Hearder Hearder Hearder Hearder Hearder Hearder Hearder Hearder Hearder Hearder Hearder Hearder

Solid analysis. Going to fuck off for a little awhile. Need a breather.
Hearder Hearder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2016, 05:30 PM   #4
Diode
PR's Finest

Battle Record: 12-7

Diode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond repute

RIP.

[img]http://emojipedia-us.s3.amazonaws.com/***he/42/6d/426d5d9155c35c44e66980c4187f6bab.png[/img]
[img]http://emojipedia-us.s3.amazonaws.com/***he/42/6d/426d5d9155c35c44e66980c4187f6bab.png[/img]
Old 09-08-2016, 10:46 PM   #5
Hush
NJ Devil

Battle Record: Who Cares

Accomplishments
- Hall of Fame

Hush has a brilliant futureHush has a brilliant futureHush has a brilliant futureHush has a brilliant futureHush has a brilliant futureHush has a brilliant futureHush has a brilliant futureHush has a brilliant futureHush has a brilliant futureHush has a brilliant futureHush has a brilliant future

Solid work
Hush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2016, 10:54 PM   #6
oats
Steel Cut

Battle Record: 19-10

Accomplishments
- OM HOF (2x)

Champed
- Fight Night LXXXIV
- Art of Writing League

oats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant future

repped for the public service
Old 09-09-2016, 12:01 PM   #7
Finnydot

Champed
- Beat Battle I

Finnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant future

Lol..I can't be mad. Someone actually listened. Thanks for the peep.

I'd actually like to know what you thought about Number One also.
Finnydot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 12:12 PM   #8
Finnydot

Champed
- Beat Battle I

Finnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diode View Post
RIP.

I've heard much worse and still haven't quit.
Plus, I know you're not gonna listen and formulate your own opinion.
Old 09-09-2016, 01:38 PM   #9
Ghost1

Battle Record: 0-1

Ghost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant future

read certains review. I believe him. shocker fin wack. move along people nothing to see here./
Not saying being drunk doesn’t mess up you reasoning. I’m turning 20 soon so I haven’t had a drink ever.
Ghost1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 01:59 PM   #10
~RustyGunZ~
(ง'̀-'́)ง

Battle Record: 52-28

Accomplishments
-50+ wins

Champed
-Summer Classic VIII
-Netcees Battle League
-BA Picture
-BA TagTeam
-Fight Night Cypher I
-Fight Night XXXV
-Key Grand Prix 2018 1/2

~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute

Really solid thread here certain
~RustyGunZ~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 03:19 PM   #11
Mr. J
The Clown Prince

Battle Record: 35-45

Champed
- Art of Writing League

Mr. J has a brilliant futureMr. J has a brilliant futureMr. J has a brilliant futureMr. J has a brilliant futureMr. J has a brilliant futureMr. J has a brilliant futureMr. J has a brilliant futureMr. J has a brilliant futureMr. J has a brilliant futureMr. J has a brilliant futureMr. J has a brilliant future

figured Id humor myself and listen....

the hook was kind of goofy for me, the mic work sounds real computer spit verses.
the hats throughout the song feel very soulless & so does the belief in your voice.
then that random mumble of more money made me laugh because...what?!?!
it reminds me of the locals around here that make these real hype tracks to a bass that should smoothed over.
maybe if you didnt spit your verses so fast I could see the appeal in what you created.
crafted a different intro do something different in acapella and let the beat ride in.
not sure how long you been doing this but its much better than what Ive had the opportunity of listening to with such...Im not sure what word Id use here...Im thinking amateurish but above that a few notches.
anyway you should change your name to Oscar, Isaac...
you got the drive bwoi

even if it is standard...ba dum tss
Old 09-09-2016, 03:36 PM   #12
2tripple0
death warmed over

Battle Record: 6-21

2tripple0 2tripple0 2tripple0 2tripple0 2tripple0 2tripple0 2tripple0 2tripple0 2tripple0 2tripple0 2tripple0

Might give a listen tomorrow.... Either way keep creatingand doing you @Infinity Tha rellik don't worry about what others say just keep doing you bro.....I've done a couple audios and peeps wasn't feeling it but ya can't let others stop ya vision just keep reaching for the top you will find someone or something that moves you
Old 09-09-2016, 04:12 PM   #13
Certain
Mad fucking dangerous.

Champed
- AOWL Season 3

Certain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond repute

Please tell me this man did not ask me to listen to a second track of his.
Old 09-09-2016, 04:34 PM   #14
Diode
PR's Finest

Battle Record: 12-7

Diode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Certain View Post
never underestimate his ignorance and lack of civility
Old 09-09-2016, 06:51 PM   #15
Finnydot

Champed
- Beat Battle I

Quote:
You took the time to listen to one. I didn't sit here and get all in my feelings and tell you "you don't know what you're talking about" and I respected your opinion, did I not?

But if I've got 2 new songs, it kind of irked me I didn't get an opinion on the second when I thought that was actually a superior song.

Just sayin tho...

And appreciate the other feedback from Mr. J.

Think it's hilarious that just because of y'all's opinion of me, 13 posts and only 2 people checked it.

I thought y'all were hip hop heads?
Old 09-09-2016, 06:58 PM   #16
Certain
Mad fucking dangerous.

Champed
- AOWL Season 3

Let me first ask you if you think you are a better rapper than Kendrick Lamar.
Old 12-05-2016, 10:28 PM   #17
Finnydot

Champed
- Beat Battle I

Quote:
Let me first ask you if you think you are a better rapper than Kendrick Lamar.
Honestly, when you asked me this question originally I didn't know how to reply. If I came off too braggadocios then I knew I was gonna get shitted on. But I also didn't feel like I could totally dismiss the question either. I actually thought about it a lot.

Realistically, I can't say I am because I don't make any money off this shit.

But Kendrick doesn't make his own beats. So am I a better producer than him? Absolutely. As a dual threat, I'd say there's no one in my city fucking with me.

I got a couple homies that I'm working on a project with that are better MC's than me lyrically. But when it comes to polish, I've just been doing this for too long not to be.

I recorded this shit in less than an hour and mixed it even quicker. This is what happens when I'm without a mic for a while.

"The Eulogy"
https://soundcloud.com/isaac-meyer-3/the-eulogy

You hate on this song, you hate Hip Hop. You hate me? You will never expect me to come like this.

Best beat I've ever made, best all around song I've ever written and it's the realest shit I've ever spoke on record. This is my 9th Symphony. This is my instant classic. This shit got my head so big right now it doesn't even matter what anyone says anymore because it's all right here.

There's literally NOTHING you can say about this shit that's bad. And if you do, I know you're lying. I'm THAT confident in this song. You don't even know what's about to happen.

3 minutes, 36 seconds isn't that long to take out of your day. You don't even listen and say some stupid shit just makes you a ultimate faggot.

I am the best MC on this board. I'm the best MC/Producer in my city. And if this gets out there's no one on God's green Earth that can deny what I felt when I wrote this.
Old 12-05-2016, 10:42 PM   #18
The Dead Poet

The Dead Poet has a brilliant futureThe Dead Poet has a brilliant futureThe Dead Poet has a brilliant futureThe Dead Poet has a brilliant futureThe Dead Poet has a brilliant futureThe Dead Poet has a brilliant futureThe Dead Poet has a brilliant futureThe Dead Poet has a brilliant futureThe Dead Poet has a brilliant futureThe Dead Poet has a brilliant futureThe Dead Poet has a brilliant future

^beat is decent. I could tweak it in a few places to make it pop more....but it's pretty dope. You just aren't a good rapper though. And your pen game is real lazy...even with the style your going for. Which is a style I mostly listen to.
Old 12-05-2016, 10:45 PM   #19
Finnydot

Champed
- Beat Battle I

I appreciate the look Poet. I know you're never gonna like my rapping so I just take it when you say I made a good beat. LOL
Old 12-05-2016, 10:50 PM   #20
The Dead Poet

The Dead Poet has a brilliant futureThe Dead Poet has a brilliant futureThe Dead Poet has a brilliant futureThe Dead Poet has a brilliant futureThe Dead Poet has a brilliant futureThe Dead Poet has a brilliant futureThe Dead Poet has a brilliant futureThe Dead Poet has a brilliant futureThe Dead Poet has a brilliant futureThe Dead Poet has a brilliant futureThe Dead Poet has a brilliant future

its a good beat, it just sounds basic for what it is. I'd put some sort of breakdown/intro/outro with a LP or HP filter with the exact same sounds/sample you used and do a change up with the bass at somepoint and bring is some sort of pad synth and your straight hahaha. But for real....it's a good beat. Good shit.