Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

User Tag List

Old 05-22-2016, 02:19 AM   #1
Split Eight
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Battle Record: 3-5

Champed
- Haiku Writers Challenge

Split Eight has a reputation beyond reputeSplit Eight has a reputation beyond reputeSplit Eight has a reputation beyond reputeSplit Eight has a reputation beyond reputeSplit Eight has a reputation beyond reputeSplit Eight has a reputation beyond reputeSplit Eight has a reputation beyond reputeSplit Eight has a reputation beyond reputeSplit Eight has a reputation beyond reputeSplit Eight has a reputation beyond reputeSplit Eight has a reputation beyond repute
Unhappy space junk

Its overwhelming
to appreciate the ghosts of your past.
I feel you open up infinities (drinking Kölsch out the glass)
about your mother's death. or Greek Parenting
oceans of identity--(scoliosis eroding your back)
and this notion of synergy, that I cant quite respect.
You can't bare your soul and house a Hallmark heart
inside of your chest.. the sound of us, crossing arms,
finding that the Fall is done, and our own sides to our bed.
-- I want you to describe that instead.
'Falling' is a Radiolab- my satellite shrink,
who helped convince me true devotion is
a trap into which we would think,
at least I broadened my horizons til
I saw its pieces explode into salvagable things,
there's a fear in intimacy that endears you to shreds
ill never describe the sinking feeling when
i couldnt find your voice in my head

when I write, lately, I feel as if I begin by stringing together ambient ideas and concepts, then i realize I'm just typing the words coffee, tawdry, and autumn over and over and over, again, then I pass out dru-
Split Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2016, 02:41 AM   #2
Mr. J
The Clown Prince

Battle Record: 35-45

Champed
- Art of Writing League

Mr. J has a brilliant futureMr. J has a brilliant futureMr. J has a brilliant futureMr. J has a brilliant futureMr. J has a brilliant futureMr. J has a brilliant futureMr. J has a brilliant futureMr. J has a brilliant futureMr. J has a brilliant futureMr. J has a brilliant futureMr. J has a brilliant future

this was well written its nice to see you when you do pop up.
your use of words remain intact & you paint an emotional piece.
scoliosis to chest was a pretty cool set up I felt...
satellite shrink was a cool idea & the ending hit hard.
a trap & salvageable things was really nice too..
nice work brah
Old 05-23-2016, 08:32 PM   #3
Split Eight
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Champed

Split Eight has a reputation beyond reputeSplit Eight has a reputation beyond reputeSplit Eight has a reputation beyond reputeSplit Eight has a reputation beyond reputeSplit Eight has a reputation beyond reputeSplit Eight has a reputation beyond reputeSplit Eight has a reputation beyond reputeSplit Eight has a reputation beyond reputeSplit Eight has a reputation beyond reputeSplit Eight has a reputation beyond reputeSplit Eight has a reputation beyond repute

thanks J!

when I write, lately, I feel as if I begin by stringing together ambient ideas and concepts, then i realize I'm just typing the words coffee, tawdry, and autumn over and over and over, again, then I pass out dru-
Old 05-30-2016, 10:12 PM   #4
Vulgar
Razor-thin derision

Battle Record: 40-25

Accomplishments
- OM HOF

Champed
- Fight Night LIV
- Gimmick Battle League (2x)
- Write Week II
- Art of Writing League
- Storytelling And Topical Invitational Tournament
- STI
- Haiku Writer Challenge
- GWL Picture Challenge(2x)

Vulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant future

What comes to mind: the longitude of a relationship, and with it, some of the longing for experiences through race memories. "I want you to describe that instead" was interesting because it was a jarring way to introduce the narrator as someone who is spurning someone on, who is demanding an extra-something from an entity. It creates some tension in the pi.

^I can read your work 12 times and come away with a different interpretation each time. You have a real gift of substance on your side. This part reminded me of the video for the song 'Splitting Atoms' by Massive Attack.

Thanks for the read. Keep writing.
Vulgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 10:22 PM   #5
big baby
obsessed

Battle Record: Faggot-1

Accomplishments
- can recite entirety of shrek 2

Champed
- tangoed with spider man behind scenes in spider-man 2
- was candidate for gerber baby 3x
- smush parker like bb comment on instagram saying "u fucka suck idiyote"
- smush beer on head and didn't cry
- parallel parked in between 2 ferrari's in tonky truck once
- when saying pledge of allegiance i said "i don't" lmao deadass bb satan
- won tshirt from taco bell saying "taco cat" is the same backwards for filling out 500 surveys in a
- neighbor house caught on fire i call FIRE department and saved lives, was in newspaper
- set neighbor house on fire lmao
- fuck neighbor husband and wife
- first fish caught resembled david ortiz
- colin kaepernick
- related to genghis khan
- elected assistant to the vice president assistant to the president for regional chess club
- never lost game of hide and seek

big baby has a brilliant futurebig baby has a brilliant futurebig baby has a brilliant futurebig baby has a brilliant futurebig baby has a brilliant futurebig baby has a brilliant futurebig baby has a brilliant futurebig baby has a brilliant futurebig baby has a brilliant futurebig baby has a brilliant futurebig baby has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to big baby

Will edit with feed
If mentioned in a discussion its who'd still use wordy lines and act all dope
Then again hes had this schtick so long he like bb da bb da bb thats all folks
big baby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2016, 07:53 PM   #6
Split Eight
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Champed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vulgar View Post
What comes to mind: the longitude of a relationship, and with it, some of the longing for experiences through race memories. "I want you to describe that instead" was interesting because it was a jarring way to introduce the narrator as someone who is spurning someone on, who is demanding an extra-something from an entity. It creates some tension in the pi.

^I can read your work 12 times and come away with a different interpretation each time. You have a real gift of substance on your side. This part reminded me of the video for the song 'Splitting Atoms' by Massive Attack.

Thanks for the read. Keep writing.
Thank you friend

send me a short verse some time (:

Old 06-11-2016, 05:47 AM   #7
Exis

Battle Record: 3-3

Exis Exis Exis Exis Exis Exis Exis Exis Exis Exis Exis

This was nice...thought your word usage was interesting in a good way, the emotion & imagery were stand outs for me...its been a long time since I've read anything from you man, & from what I can remember this is one of your better flowing joints...very enjoyable shit.

Stay upwards Split.
Exis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2016, 12:59 PM   #8
big baby
obsessed

Battle Record: Faggot-1

Accomplishments
- can recite entirety of shrek 2

Champed
- tangoed with spider man behind scenes in spider-man 2
- was candidate for gerber baby 3x
- smush parker like bb comment on instagram saying "u fucka suck idiyote"
- smush beer on head and didn't cry
- parallel parked in between 2 ferrari's in tonky truck once
- when saying pledge of allegiance i said "i don't" lmao deadass bb satan
- won tshirt from taco bell saying "taco cat" is the same backwards for filling out 500 surveys in a
- neighbor house caught on fire i call FIRE department and saved lives, was in newspaper
- set neighbor house on fire lmao
- fuck neighbor husband and wife
- first fish caught resembled david ortiz
- colin kaepernick
- related to genghis khan
- elected assistant to the vice president assistant to the president for regional chess club
- never lost game of hide and seek

big baby has a brilliant futurebig baby has a brilliant futurebig baby has a brilliant futurebig baby has a brilliant futurebig baby has a brilliant futurebig baby has a brilliant futurebig baby has a brilliant futurebig baby has a brilliant futurebig baby has a brilliant futurebig baby has a brilliant futurebig baby has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to big baby

Upsetting that you're sad, split.

Loved this from you. Re-read it a bunch of times because, I don't think you're as sheltered as before. Less cryptic. Forward, and there's more of a connection with everything you write.

-- I want you to describe that instead.

best part by far. beautifully set up stanza. And it didn't seem you were into yourself as much. Took it seriously enough where you focused on content rather than what you wanted to convey. Thanks.
If mentioned in a discussion its who'd still use wordy lines and act all dope
Then again hes had this schtick so long he like bb da bb da bb thats all folks
big baby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2016, 11:09 PM   #9
PancakeBrah
SOBER

Battle Record: 2-5

Champed
- AOWL Season 2

PancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond repute

I AGREE WITH VULGAR AND BIG BABY WHO BOTH SAID THIS WAS DOPE/GOOD. In particular, I agree with Vulgar about the different interpretations of your work. You, black and big baby have the same effect; I always enjoy the wording/phrasing immensely but feel like I'm missing the point. Good company to be in. I thought the section big baby and Vulgar picked out was the highlight, but I also liked

You can't bare your soul and house a Hallmark heart
inside of your chest.. the sound of us, crossing arms,
finding that the Fall is done, and our own sides to our bed.

Quite a bit. Hallmark heart and the dual use of finding for each phrase.

Thanks for the read!
And the ditch in the back road stop
Could you find me?
PancakeBrah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2016, 12:19 AM   #10
NYCSPITZ
SYRACUSE

Battle Record: 31-37

Champed
- Write Night II
- Alias Topical Tournament

NYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant future

7/10
Old 06-19-2016, 12:25 AM   #11
PancakeBrah
SOBER

Battle Record: 2-5

Champed
- AOWL Season 2

PancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond repute

The quickest way to tell if something is written by NYCSpitz;

is it samurai?
And the ditch in the back road stop
Could you find me?
PancakeBrah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2016, 10:36 PM   #12
dead man
living

Battle Record: 33-18

Accomplishments
- Hall of Fame

Champed
- AOWL Season 1
- Art of Writing League
- AOWL Season 4
- Write Week V
- GWL Season 1

dead man has a brilliant futuredead man has a brilliant futuredead man has a brilliant futuredead man has a brilliant futuredead man has a brilliant futuredead man has a brilliant futuredead man has a brilliant futuredead man has a brilliant futuredead man has a brilliant futuredead man has a brilliant futuredead man has a brilliant future

i havent critically read or commented on anything here in a while, so bare with me.

your appeal to something or someone is both heartfelt and almost sadly cynical of your own decision to do so. maybe because you felt you won't be understood. this notion of a 'hallmark heart' is sort of interesting - hallmark is sort of the poster-child of all things shallow and commercial, as it pertains to expression or emotion. i get the notion you don't necessarily trust your appeal to mean anything as it stands.

Radiolab as your satellite shrink. i know it is a podcast but i have not listened to it. but it's something concrete that grounds your thought process and makes it, if not relatable, at least tangible.

it's a great dichotomy of intimacy and distance. outer space and the bed. all at once.

i hope whoever, or whatever, you write to is still around to listen. even if your attempts are in vain.

i always like thoughtful and reflective split. if not a bit melancholy and drunk. it's when you tap into these sources that you create your most interesting work.

i really, sincerely hope you begin to turn the wheels again.

thanks.
Old 06-26-2016, 07:56 AM   #13
Split Eight
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Champed

@PancakeBrah @NYCSPITZ @big baby @Exis @dead man

Thank you guys. I'll be writing and feeding with more frequency moving forward

And very good pickup on the Radiolab reference, no idea how obscure it is outside of the Northeast but here's the segment that I specifically mentioned-- http://www.radiolab.org/story/91726-falling/

What's Left When You're Right and the one called Elements are both very intriguing as well

Old 06-26-2016, 09:45 AM   #14
veritas
HALL OF FAME

veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas

You no showed a battle with me. You know this. Dishonorable.
The cerebral assassin, the molder of minds, the Omni potent being. Time transcending traveler, wisdom incarnate. Veritas needs no intro but I guess I have to. He’s not know in the battling world but who doesn’t know veritas? The guy us always original and if you pay attention to his bars, dude brings the heat.. The gawd.
veritas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2016, 09:51 AM   #15
Split Eight
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Champed

Quote:
Originally Posted by veritas View Post
You no showed a battle with me. You know this. Dishonorable.
My bad man

Old 06-26-2016, 10:34 AM   #16
veritas
HALL OF FAME

veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas

You are forgiven. I appreciate your humility. Respect.
The cerebral assassin, the molder of minds, the Omni potent being. Time transcending traveler, wisdom incarnate. Veritas needs no intro but I guess I have to. He’s not know in the battling world but who doesn’t know veritas? The guy us always original and if you pay attention to his bars, dude brings the heat.. The gawd.
veritas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2016, 05:19 PM   #17
Otto Peighlaught

Otto Peighlaught has a brilliant futureOtto Peighlaught has a brilliant futureOtto Peighlaught has a brilliant futureOtto Peighlaught has a brilliant futureOtto Peighlaught has a brilliant futureOtto Peighlaught has a brilliant futureOtto Peighlaught has a brilliant futureOtto Peighlaught has a brilliant futureOtto Peighlaught has a brilliant futureOtto Peighlaught has a brilliant futureOtto Peighlaught has a brilliant future

the symmetry between the orbital space, our lost satellites / astronaut trash, traveling to distant places and the ever expanding universe of our memories, imagination, desires and fears is amazingly synced here. The premise for this is thought provoking and urges me to go write about something similar, thank you (sincerely). To me there is no greater compliment than that (writing a thought provoking / inspiring body of work). The journey of how you went thought to thought during a melancholy period of reflection was seamless and depth filled. Thank you.
Otto Peighlaught is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2016, 05:23 PM   #18
Witty
Lime Life

Battle Record: 30-41

Accomplishments
- Only Slightly Retarded

Champed
- Lyric Olympics
- Summer Classic

Witty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant future

I respect how you've gone from a new guy with lots of potential to one of the best writers here.

I thought this was very good.

Witty is offline   Reply With Quote