Netcees  

Go Back   Netcees > Vault > Archives > The Netcees archive > The Winter Topical > The Winter Topical Archives

User Tag List

Old 01-20-2014, 12:44 AM   #21
Certain
Mad fucking dangerous.

Battle Record: 40-19

Champed
- AOWL Season 3
- Art of Writing League (2x)

Certain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond repute

Who's the cutest? big baby's the cutest. Who's the cutest? big baby's the cutest. Who's the cutest? big baby's the cutest. Who's the cutest? big baby's the cutest. Who's the cutest? big baby's the cutest. Who's the cutest? big baby's the cutest. Who's the cutest? big baby's the cutest. Who's the cutest? big baby's the cutest. Who's the cutest? big baby's the cutest.
Old 01-20-2014, 12:48 AM   #22
Certain
Mad fucking dangerous.

Champed
- AOWL Season 3

Certain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond repute

I want to start out by saying I love you all, including Frank.

dead man vs. Witty
Topic: “Justice?—You get justice in the next world, in this world you have the law."
Analysis: These two share a lot of strengths. Witty's verse last week was very well written, but he didn't connect with the topic enough. That's probably the exact wrong way to go about facing dead man, who simply doesn't get outwritten. The topic favors him, as well, as he'll be able to write a topical instead of a story with little problem here.
Prediction: dead man 71-29.

ZYG vs. big baby
Topic: "Spring, summer, and fall fill us with hope; winter alone reminds us of the human condition."
Analysis: This battle is fucking mesmerizing. It probably will be up before I even finish these predictions. These two have opposing styles in every way. big baby will need to pay attention to the topic because ZYG never slips on that aspect. This comes down to ZYG's concept vs. big baby's words, but I think ZYG is stronger with words than big baby is with concepts. In an Open Mic contest, I'd favor big baby. But ZYG is my pick to win it all.
Prediction: ZYG 52-48.

Nigma vs. trap
Topic: "We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful what we pretend to be."
Analysis: Neither of these two would be grouped among the 10 writers most likely to win this whole thing, but they're both dangerous. trap came very conceptual and loose last round, and that suits his style. So does this topic, I think. Nigma is at his best when his ambitions are boldest. I love this topic. I really, really love this topic. I fucking wish I had this topic. It suits trap more, though, and I think that will be the difference.
Prediction: trap 57-43.

Totoro vs. oXus
Topic: "I am secretly in love with everyone that I grew up with."
Analysis: The National! Neither of these guys listens to The National, I bet. I think this battle is actually really close, with two of the most polished lyricists in this tournament facing off. oXus doesn't particularly care for the entire sport of topical writing, though, and I could see him taking a bit too abstract an approach here. Then again, Totoro sometimes ignores the topic altogether. But he has an X factor: oXus is starting down four votes.
Prediction: Totoro 68-32.

Pent uP vs. Wise Ways
Topic: "You've got to jump off cliffs and build your wings on the way down."
Analysis: Wise Ways definitely outwrote Pent uP last round, as he had one of the three best verses I read. But everything is new again. This topic just seems perfect for Pent uP. I think Wise Ways is the better writer in a void, but Pent uP has a lot of experience and isn't overmatched against anyone. He'll better his effort for this round, especially with a topic that fits him.
Prediction: Pent uP 61-39.

Lars vs. Certain
Topic: "Thanks to words, we have been able to rise above the brutes; and thanks to words, we have often sunk to the level of the demons."
Analysis: Good luck.
Prediction: Battle of the week.

Vulgar vs. Split Eight
Topic: "The second half of a man's life is made up of nothing but the habits he has acquired during the first half."
Analysis: This topic seems heavily slanted toward Vulgar, to the point where I don't think I would predict anyone would beat Vulgar on it. Split Eight was my pick to win this quadrant, though, and I think he has a real shot at knocking out Vulgar because his style is so contrasting. He'll need a very lucid effort because you can't beat Vulgar on the abstract tip.
Prediction: Vulgar 59-41.

uh-oh vs. Oats
Topic: "Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
Analysis: I've only read one verse by uh-oh, so this is going to be somewhat ignorant. Still, I like this topic and think they both will be able to handle it well. I'm going to lean toward oats writing a more refined and complete verse, though.
Prediction: oats 63-37.
Old 01-20-2014, 12:49 AM   #23
oats
Steel Cut

Battle Record: 19-10

Accomplishments
- OM HOF (2x)

Champed
- Fight Night LXXXIV
- Art of Writing League

oats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant future

Hawaii was illegally overthrown and absorbed, I still see it as an independent monarchy. So you can add my battle to that list.
Old 01-20-2014, 01:04 AM   #24
Wise Wiggles
nok Su kow

Battle Record: 1-1

Wise Wiggles has a brilliant futureWise Wiggles has a brilliant futureWise Wiggles has a brilliant futureWise Wiggles has a brilliant futureWise Wiggles has a brilliant futureWise Wiggles has a brilliant futureWise Wiggles has a brilliant futureWise Wiggles has a brilliant futureWise Wiggles has a brilliant futureWise Wiggles has a brilliant futureWise Wiggles has a brilliant future

Damn @ this big baby kamahamaha that was unleashed on Franklin Cherry Stellar...

Quote:
Originally Posted by big baby View Post
I was being nice to your sore loser self but now you're not cool in my book you lame ass writer. People gas you up around here like you're a topical threat, you aren't EVEN that, and that's your only claim to victory. Stop pming me like a little crybaby pussy because I voted against you when pancake easily manhandled you. I'll let you borrow my bib to wipe your tears and pancakes/nigmas cumshot off your face you cumbucket. @Nigma ether this loser before I do it indefinitely. Feel my baby cock in your bellybutton till your organs implode. You're bad. The only reason you get far in any topical scene is because nobody signs up except fig who always no shows and he'd ether you if he did. And the only tournament where/when real talent actually joined, with real threats, guess who got knocked the FUCK out in the first round? You take this so seriously and you need to learn so much. if you ask nicely, me and some of my buddies can teach you how to write so you dont get shut out by pancake again (though i'll bet an abortion, my crib, my circumcision foreskin that you'll get shutout again by him if i did help you) like uh-oh said, he took the words out of my baby mouth. Last time you tried to hijack my thread like you were some big shit promoting your lame ass battle. This is my area. If I wanted to join topical tourney's you wouldnt make it past any round you got matched up against me. but, i don't really care for this, i actually just joined to read the mags and watch you get ethered again. don't ever say i write like you again, that's not even a subtle compliment on your patronizing behalf. it's actually an insult to someone like me. or my buddies, or anybody in my imaginary netcees faction.
Old 01-20-2014, 01:08 AM   #25
Vulgar
Razor-thin derision

Battle Record: 40-25

Accomplishments
- OM HOF

Champed
- Fight Night LIV
- Gimmick Battle League (2x)
- Write Week II
- Art of Writing League
- Storytelling And Topical Invitational Tournament
- STI
- Haiku Writer Challenge
- GWL Picture Challenge(2x)

Vulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant future

lmao
Vulgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 01:11 AM   #26
Vulgar
Razor-thin derision

Battle Record: 40-25

Accomplishments
- OM HOF

Champed
- Fight Night LIV
- Gimmick Battle League (2x)
- Write Week II
- Art of Writing League
- Storytelling And Topical Invitational Tournament
- STI
- Haiku Writer Challenge
- GWL Picture Challenge(2x)

Vulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant future

Zygote is a god.
Vulgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 01:11 AM   #27
Pent uP
Robin Williams of Fallen Victims

Battle Record: 25-11

Accomplishments
- NC Hall of Fame

Champed
- Netcees Writers League (2x)
- NWL Season 1
- Write Night I
- Write Week IV

Pent uP has a brilliant futurePent uP has a brilliant futurePent uP has a brilliant futurePent uP has a brilliant futurePent uP has a brilliant futurePent uP has a brilliant futurePent uP has a brilliant futurePent uP has a brilliant futurePent uP has a brilliant futurePent uP has a brilliant futurePent uP has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancake View Post
The Winter Topical
Discussion & Predictions

<iframe src="http://challonge.com/wintertopical/module" width="100%" height="500" frameborder="0" scrolling="auto" allowtransparency="true"></iframe>

SECOND ROUND
dead man vs. Witty - BOTW? I have deadman in a nailbiter
ZYG vs. big baby - wtf? Zyg by more than a cunthair...two cunt hairs
Trap
oXus
Certain
Split Eight
Oats
Pent uP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 01:14 AM   #28
big baby
obsessed

Battle Record: Faggot-1

Accomplishments
- can recite entirety of shrek 2

Champed
- tangoed with spider man behind scenes in spider-man 2
- was candidate for gerber baby 3x
- smush parker like bb comment on instagram saying "u fucka suck idiyote"
- smush beer on head and didn't cry
- parallel parked in between 2 ferrari's in tonky truck once
- when saying pledge of allegiance i said "i don't" lmao deadass bb satan
- won tshirt from taco bell saying "taco cat" is the same backwards for filling out 500 surveys in a
- neighbor house caught on fire i call FIRE department and saved lives, was in newspaper
- set neighbor house on fire lmao
- fuck neighbor husband and wife
- first fish caught resembled david ortiz
- colin kaepernick
- related to genghis khan
- elected assistant to the vice president assistant to the president for regional chess club
- never lost game of hide and seek

big baby has a brilliant futurebig baby has a brilliant futurebig baby has a brilliant futurebig baby has a brilliant futurebig baby has a brilliant futurebig baby has a brilliant futurebig baby has a brilliant futurebig baby has a brilliant futurebig baby has a brilliant futurebig baby has a brilliant futurebig baby has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to big baby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vulgar View Post
Zygote is a god.
ironically me and him get along pretty well. he's very quick.
If mentioned in a discussion its who'd still use wordy lines and act all dope
Then again hes had this schtick so long he like bb da bb da bb thats all folks
big baby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 01:14 AM   #29
Certain
Mad fucking dangerous.

Champed
- AOWL Season 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vulgar View Post
Zygote is a god.
Address your gods by their preferred names. He's @ZYG now.
Old 01-20-2014, 01:24 AM   #30
big baby
obsessed

Battle Record: Faggot-1

Accomplishments
- can recite entirety of shrek 2

Champed
- tangoed with spider man behind scenes in spider-man 2
- was candidate for gerber baby 3x
- smush parker like bb comment on instagram saying "u fucka suck idiyote"
- smush beer on head and didn't cry
- parallel parked in between 2 ferrari's in tonky truck once
- when saying pledge of allegiance i said "i don't" lmao deadass bb satan
- won tshirt from taco bell saying "taco cat" is the same backwards for filling out 500 surveys in a
- neighbor house caught on fire i call FIRE department and saved lives, was in newspaper
- set neighbor house on fire lmao
- fuck neighbor husband and wife
- first fish caught resembled david ortiz
- colin kaepernick
- related to genghis khan
- elected assistant to the vice president assistant to the president for regional chess club
- never lost game of hide and seek

big baby has a brilliant futurebig baby has a brilliant futurebig baby has a brilliant futurebig baby has a brilliant futurebig baby has a brilliant futurebig baby has a brilliant futurebig baby has a brilliant futurebig baby has a brilliant futurebig baby has a brilliant futurebig baby has a brilliant futurebig baby has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to big baby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancake View Post

SECOND ROUND

dead man vs. Witty - upset - deadman comes with a beautifully worded verse as usual, witty imitates him and pulls the stunner, comedic effect come from behind. Witty/ZYG showdown becomes greatest topical battle in history. Scholas refer to it as 'legendary'

ZYG vs. big baby - hopefully zyg doesnt read my memory, as @certain said he's my favorite to win. I'm better but he's zyg. Scholars refer to it as 'big baby is a god, but ZYG fucked athena with his octopus suction cups'

Nigma vs. trap - closest battle this round - they both come with the same exact verse except 3 words are different. those 3 words decide the winner

NYCSPITZ vs. oXus - easiest battle to decide cause of oxus's laziness, hopefully nyc shows - or probably two no shows.

Pent uP vs. Wise Ways - most interesting battle this round - upset - pent up underestimates and wise ways takes advantage to shoot a hadouken in his face.

Lars vs. Certain - second most interesting battle - upset despite seeding - controversy over voting links. Lars calls certain a pussy moderator.

Vulgar vs. Split Eight - upset, come from behind by split in votes, Vulgar disqualified for using made up word with 19 syllables.

uh-oh vs. Oats - reserve battle. oats with 3 digit lead. Uh-oh roasts frank some more. Frank votes against uh oh.
If mentioned in a discussion its who'd still use wordy lines and act all dope
Then again hes had this schtick so long he like bb da bb da bb thats all folks
big baby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 01:27 AM   #31
Certain
Mad fucking dangerous.

Champed
- AOWL Season 3

big baby, you should write an Open Mic magazine someday.
Old 01-20-2014, 01:49 AM   #32
zygote

Battle Record: 33-12

Accomplishments
- OM HOF (2x)

Champed
- Art of Writing League (3x)

zygote has a brilliant futurezygote has a brilliant futurezygote has a brilliant futurezygote has a brilliant futurezygote has a brilliant futurezygote has a brilliant futurezygote has a brilliant futurezygote has a brilliant futurezygote has a brilliant futurezygote has a brilliant futurezygote has a brilliant future

Sure was a good topic to have for the so-called "robot alien" - What is this 'human condition?' Need to activate all my empathy sensors to figure it out. Good luck big baby.

dead man vs. Witty - The topic slightly favors dead man. Predicted writing approach from deadman to contain themes about natural law - a kind of modern psychological look at Hobbes and Aquinas. Predicting Witty to go for a story, one dealing with themes of injustice and inequality, maybe something cool about Irish history.
Nigma vs. trap - Personal feeling is Nigma will concentrate to create something unique this round. Trap was impressive against Copypat, his submission was very refined, it could stand up well against Nigma's more slant-ish rhymes and phrases.
NYCPITZ vs. oXus - NYCPITZ could mesh well with the topic. This one is a bit of an unknown, don't think either will write a story, maybe something semi-autobiographical, but more likely it will be a philosophical kind of multiple rhyming contest.
Pent uP vs. Wise Ways - Pent uP will write an excellent submission that is for sure, but many people are underestimating Wise Ways, he writes a lot of topical submissions, notably after tragic events. This topic also suits WW style of writing, it is a bit ambiguous and good for a kind of OM-type submission, it doesn't lend that well to a story, which I'm pretty sure Pent uP will go for, it depends what kind of approach he can create.
Lars vs. Certain - Contest of the round prediction. Best quote for stimulating writing as well. Predicting that both will have stories, one will be a more literal take, the other more abstract, both will relate tangentially to main theme of the quote rather than the stuff in the quote itself.
Vulgarvs. Split Eight - Enjoy both competitor's writing but this topic heavily favors Vulgar, it is quite abstract and lends itself well to a further exposition. Predicting Vulgar to pick up on the 'a man's life' aspect, writing about patriarchy and stuff like that. Split Eight is a bit of a surprise package, difficult to predict, good writer with potential to submit something great, uses a kind of innocuous writing tone it may mesh well with the introspective nature of the quote.
uh-oh vs. Oats - Predicting uh-oh again, the last round submission was my favorite from all of them I read. He will need to write a bit more though, Oats is excellent in all facets of writing, and one of his strong points is audience manipulation, he knows how to make individuals respond. I was really impressed with uh-oh's underlying themes though, if he can write another thing like where it's a simple story with powerful and non-cliche underlying themes, it's perhaps a winning formula.
zygote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 01:54 AM   #33
Witty
Lime Life

Battle Record: 30-41

Accomplishments
- Only Slightly Retarded

Champed
- Lyric Olympics
- Summer Classic

Witty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant future

Dammit @ZYG now I gotta change the concept for my verse.

Smh @ knowing the theme of my piece before I write it lol

Are you Jesus?

Edit: It was the Irish History part that you correctly guessed, i was pondering it as soon as I saw the topic, I had nothing confirmed in my mind tho so in all likelihood the concept would have changed anyway, I always think of a few different directions to go in.

Witty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 02:03 AM   #34
Split

Battle Record: 27-22

Split has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond repute

Zygote cant be a robot alien, hes just a lil fetus

Old 01-20-2014, 02:13 AM   #35
Witty
Lime Life

Battle Record: 30-41

Accomplishments
- Only Slightly Retarded

Champed
- Lyric Olympics
- Summer Classic

Witty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant future

Also nigma vs trap has the best topic Imo.

Witty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 02:16 AM   #36
Split

Battle Record: 27-22

Split has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond repute

I like TotoXus an Zybaby's topics
Old 01-20-2014, 02:51 AM   #37
Certain
Mad fucking dangerous.

Champed
- AOWL Season 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Split Eight View Post
I like TotoXus an Zybaby's topics
It's always snowing in your stories. If you ever moved anywhere warm, you'd have nothing.

Also, @Pancake.
Certain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 07:22 AM   #38
trap.
Senior Citizen

Battle Record: 4-3

trap. has a brilliant futuretrap. has a brilliant futuretrap. has a brilliant futuretrap. has a brilliant futuretrap. has a brilliant futuretrap. has a brilliant futuretrap. has a brilliant futuretrap. has a brilliant futuretrap. has a brilliant futuretrap. has a brilliant futuretrap. has a brilliant future

I REALLY like my topic. Good luck, Nigma.
trap. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 07:27 AM   #39
Nigma
The COAT...

Battle Record: 28-20

Champed
- Art of Writing League (x3)

Nigma has a brilliant futureNigma has a brilliant futureNigma has a brilliant futureNigma has a brilliant futureNigma has a brilliant futureNigma has a brilliant futureNigma has a brilliant futureNigma has a brilliant futureNigma has a brilliant futureNigma has a brilliant futureNigma has a brilliant future

Good luck broseph lets do it some justice
Old 01-20-2014, 07:49 AM   #40
Lars
PROVEN BITER

Battle Record: 5-0

Champed
- The Winter Topical

Lars has a brilliant futureLars has a brilliant futureLars has a brilliant futureLars has a brilliant futureLars has a brilliant futureLars has a brilliant futureLars has a brilliant futureLars has a brilliant futureLars has a brilliant futureLars has a brilliant futureLars has a brilliant future

YEE HAW!

Tags
atr=superfriends, big baby cumdrunk, big baby kamehameha, fagginfallfeefiddleficks, fice is an intelligent man, kamehamehaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa, mustachio fuck robot, on the 7th day, red rocket roller derby, rigged tourny, shut up battle, super friends, vulgar is a kind lad