Netcees  

Go Back   Netcees > Forum > Open Mic Section
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

User Tag List

Old 01-14-2014, 11:22 AM   #1
Just Write

Battle Record: 9-12

Just Write has a brilliant futureJust Write has a brilliant futureJust Write has a brilliant futureJust Write has a brilliant futureJust Write has a brilliant futureJust Write has a brilliant futureJust Write has a brilliant futureJust Write has a brilliant futureJust Write has a brilliant futureJust Write has a brilliant futureJust Write has a brilliant future
Default Real Talk

Im sorry for not being the man i was suppose to be
I swear to god you're the one who meant the most to me.
We shared our hopes and dreams, but i took it for granted
And left you with a look of confusion, totally stranded.
Couldn't handle the responsibility, wanted to be free
Selfish feelings replaced the fact that you needed me.
So i left, blamed it all on some false misconceptions
Told you how I felt that we had become "disconnected"
But I was just pretending. Didn't see you for you
i seen someone holding me back, which wasn't even true
You were the glue that held all my miserable life together
And now i seem to have lost all those pieces forevever
You were my ray of sunshine after stormy weather,..
..but how do i tell you now that with you i'm better?
There's no going down that road again, i see you're done
But there's no denying you'll always be my one true love.
Its so fucked up, the way i handled things
Now im missing out on the happiness a family brings.
You'll never get to read this, yet i write it still...
To remind myself to never give up love, for a life of guilt.
Old 01-14-2014, 07:24 PM   #2
zygote

Battle Record: 33-12

Accomplishments
- OM HOF (2x)

Champed
- Art of Writing League (3x)

zygote has a brilliant futurezygote has a brilliant futurezygote has a brilliant futurezygote has a brilliant futurezygote has a brilliant futurezygote has a brilliant futurezygote has a brilliant futurezygote has a brilliant futurezygote has a brilliant futurezygote has a brilliant futurezygote has a brilliant future

Easily relatable writing. We’ve been there too with you, where a woman seemed good at first then in your mind you thought how you could do better “i seen someone holding me back, which wasn't even true” – and this part too was good “There's no going down that road again, i see you're done” – only part didn’t enjoy was the one true love part, I do this often, almost every relationship after a while, just look for excuses to self-destruct it, so would prefer to make it more than ‘one’ true love, give it a bit more of a sense of abnormal normalcy/ingrained behavior, but your line works too, so it’s only a personal thing. Also the line about ‘couldn’t handle responsibility’ seemed a bit one-dimensional, there are often many other selfish reasons too, would have been nice to a read a few more. “So i left, blamed it all on some false misconceptions
Told you how I felt that we had become "disconnected" Those two lines sum it all up really well. Excellent writing that struck a nerve. The title could have perhaps been a bit more descriptive too.
zygote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 07:39 PM   #3
big baby
obsessed

Battle Record: Faggot-1

Accomplishments
- can recite entirety of shrek 2

Champed
- tangoed with spider man behind scenes in spider-man 2
- was candidate for gerber baby 3x
- smush parker like bb comment on instagram saying "u fucka suck idiyote"
- smush beer on head and didn't cry
- parallel parked in between 2 ferrari's in tonky truck once
- when saying pledge of allegiance i said "i don't" lmao deadass bb satan
- won tshirt from taco bell saying "taco cat" is the same backwards for filling out 500 surveys in a
- neighbor house caught on fire i call FIRE department and saved lives, was in newspaper
- set neighbor house on fire lmao
- fuck neighbor husband and wife
- first fish caught resembled david ortiz
- colin kaepernick
- related to genghis khan
- elected assistant to the vice president assistant to the president for regional chess club
- never lost game of hide and seek

big baby has a brilliant futurebig baby has a brilliant futurebig baby has a brilliant futurebig baby has a brilliant futurebig baby has a brilliant futurebig baby has a brilliant futurebig baby has a brilliant futurebig baby has a brilliant futurebig baby has a brilliant futurebig baby has a brilliant futurebig baby has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to big baby

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZYG View Post
Easily relatable writing. We’ve been there too with you, where a woman seemed good at first then in your mind you thought how you could do better “i seen someone holding me back, which wasn't even true” – and this part too was good “There's no going down that road again, i see you're done” – only part didn’t enjoy was the one true love part, I do this often, almost every relationship after a while, just look for excuses to self-destruct it, so would prefer to make it more than ‘one’ true love, give it a bit more of a sense of abnormal normalcy/ingrained behavior, but your line works too, so it’s only a personal thing. Also the line about ‘couldn’t handle responsibility’ seemed a bit one-dimensional, there are often many other selfish reasons too, would have been nice to a read a few more. “So i left, blamed it all on some false misconceptions
Told you how I felt that we had become "disconnected" Those two lines sum it all up really well. Excellent writing that struck a nerve. The title could have perhaps been a bit more descriptive too.
If mentioned in a discussion its who'd still use wordy lines and act all dope
Then again hes had this schtick so long he like bb da bb da bb thats all folks
big baby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 07:42 PM   #4
Certain
Mad fucking dangerous.

Battle Record: 40-19

Champed
- AOWL Season 3
- Art of Writing League (2x)

Certain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZYG View Post

(I'll feed this later, too.)
Old 01-14-2014, 08:00 PM   #5
Geno
White Earl

Battle Record: 10-15

Accomplishments
- Open Mic HOF (4x)

Champed
- Netcees Writers League
- Write Week I
- Write Week 8

Geno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to Geno

needs a twist on it man. the emotion is there... but its very bland writing. something is missing -needs more wit and some wordplay IMO. but this could be a very promising verse if you tweaked it a little man. enjoyed it for the realness it holds
Old 01-15-2014, 04:16 AM   #6
big baby
obsessed

Battle Record: Faggot-1

Accomplishments
- can recite entirety of shrek 2

Champed
- tangoed with spider man behind scenes in spider-man 2
- was candidate for gerber baby 3x
- smush parker like bb comment on instagram saying "u fucka suck idiyote"
- smush beer on head and didn't cry
- parallel parked in between 2 ferrari's in tonky truck once
- when saying pledge of allegiance i said "i don't" lmao deadass bb satan
- won tshirt from taco bell saying "taco cat" is the same backwards for filling out 500 surveys in a
- neighbor house caught on fire i call FIRE department and saved lives, was in newspaper
- set neighbor house on fire lmao
- fuck neighbor husband and wife
- first fish caught resembled david ortiz
- colin kaepernick
- related to genghis khan
- elected assistant to the vice president assistant to the president for regional chess club
- never lost game of hide and seek

big baby has a brilliant futurebig baby has a brilliant futurebig baby has a brilliant futurebig baby has a brilliant futurebig baby has a brilliant futurebig baby has a brilliant futurebig baby has a brilliant futurebig baby has a brilliant futurebig baby has a brilliant futurebig baby has a brilliant futurebig baby has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to big baby
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genocide View Post
needs a twist on it man. the emotion is there... but its very bland writing. something is missing -needs more wit and some wordplay IMO. but this could be a very promising verse if you tweaked it a little man. enjoyed it for the realness it holds
I understand your point of view. Sooner than later youll learn to appreciate raw emotion a bit more than this post suggested. I know writers thatll do what you insisted and they can, but it requires a heavy, knowledge and skillset. Deadman is the same, very little wordplay on his end. He doesnt need it, he just conveys a certain knowledge and skillset. This was very relatable. Though like you said not the greatest in terms of translating other than generalized cliche, unfortunate circumstantial emotions such as these. This wasn't hemingway prose, indeed not, this was just writing seeping from his hearts string. So to say
If mentioned in a discussion its who'd still use wordy lines and act all dope
Then again hes had this schtick so long he like bb da bb da bb thats all folks
big baby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 04:29 AM   #7
e11even
V.V

Battle Record: 31-20

e11even has a brilliant futuree11even has a brilliant futuree11even has a brilliant futuree11even has a brilliant futuree11even has a brilliant futuree11even has a brilliant futuree11even has a brilliant futuree11even has a brilliant futuree11even has a brilliant futuree11even has a brilliant futuree11even has a brilliant future

Tell it like it is bro. From who i read n feed here, you seem to be the most sincere in ur voice. I can appreciate the simplicity that accompanies the candor. You write things I've felt... things that one would abandon for pretention and egotistic display not organic to who they are or what they feel.

Get it out, let it out bro. Its great therapy. This is dope in my book.
Old 01-15-2014, 06:19 AM   #8
Geno
White Earl

Battle Record: 10-15

Accomplishments
- Open Mic HOF (4x)

Champed
- Netcees Writers League
- Write Week I
- Write Week 8

Geno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to Geno

Ya. Well, like I said guy. ",imo,"
We don't share the same view because my opinion isn't yours. Still understand my point of view?
Old 01-15-2014, 11:37 PM   #9
Exis

Battle Record: 3-3

Exis Exis Exis Exis Exis Exis Exis Exis Exis Exis Exis

Had a real poetic feel when readin' this, I liked it...since I write brag pieces this was refreshin'.The emotion is great and keepin' it real so to speak is what I love when I click on your threads...this is simplicity beautifully expressed to relate to the average Joe imo, whether this was a personal experience or not it's a nice read...and answer your fuckin' pm I sent you last year nigga ; )

Stay upwards hombre.
Exis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 10:36 AM   #10
Mc Hype

Mc Hype is on a distinguished road

The emotion in this piece was great, like Zyg said up top, anyone could easily relate to this piece. Pieces that show this much emotion and personal experiences in my opinion are great and fun read. Keep writing bro.
Mc Hype is offline   Reply With Quote