Witty
Lime Life

Battle Record: 30-41

Accomplishments
- Only Slightly Retarded

Champed
- Lyric Olympics
- Summer Classic

Witty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant future
Default Ronaldo lit the World Cup up tonight.

Anybody watch?

Unbelievable.

I am off work for the next 3 weeks, so I will see the vast majority of the tournament.

Witty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 06:44 PM   #2
BodySnatcher
Hail Mary Haymakers

Battle Record: 17-7

Champed
- BAL Roast
- Battle Arena League
- BAL Season Champ

BodySnatcher has a brilliant futureBodySnatcher has a brilliant futureBodySnatcher has a brilliant futureBodySnatcher has a brilliant futureBodySnatcher has a brilliant futureBodySnatcher has a brilliant futureBodySnatcher has a brilliant futureBodySnatcher has a brilliant futureBodySnatcher has a brilliant futureBodySnatcher has a brilliant futureBodySnatcher has a brilliant future

Yes...CR7 is absolutely retarded....*waits for Messi rebuttal.
BodySnatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 06:54 PM   #3
GUDELJ

GUDELJ GUDELJ GUDELJ GUDELJ GUDELJ GUDELJ GUDELJ GUDELJ GUDELJ GUDELJ GUDELJ

Fuck Messi & all of Barcelona.

Cr7 is the goat. Spain is looking only slightly better than last World Cup. Diego costa is carrying their team as Cristiano is carrying Portugal. Idk why Quaresma still plays smh

Iran and Morocco players were all fasting so they all had no energy and were passing out. I’m glad Iran won that.

I was asleep during Uruguay game
GUDELJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 07:06 PM   #4
Witty
Lime Life

Accomplishments
- Only Slightly Retarded

Champed
- Lyric Olympics
- Summer Classic

Witty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant future

Messi has the superior talent.

It's ridiculously dismissive to say fuck Messi. He is the most gifted football player of this generation, and probably of all time.

Ronaldo is right up there tho.

Old 06-15-2018, 07:07 PM   #5
uh-oh
DA GOD

Battle Record: 1-0

Champed
- Beat Battle II
- Beat Battle V
- Beat Bags

uh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant future

sometimes as an american i feel like im missing out not paying attention to this. but then i turn on a game and realize the clock is going backwards and people are running around like ants on a giant field and they shoot at the goal like once every 45 minutes and i just tune out
Old 06-15-2018, 07:08 PM   #6
Witty
Lime Life

Accomplishments
- Only Slightly Retarded

Champed
- Lyric Olympics
- Summer Classic

If either Messi or Ronaldo win the World Cup this year with their respective nations, they will go down as the greatest of all time.

Old 06-15-2018, 07:08 PM   #7
Witty
Lime Life

Accomplishments
- Only Slightly Retarded

Champed
- Lyric Olympics
- Summer Classic

And uh-oh clearly only watches terrible games.

Old 06-15-2018, 07:18 PM   #8
Witty
Lime Life

Accomplishments
- Only Slightly Retarded

Champed
- Lyric Olympics
- Summer Classic

David Silva was excellent too.

Old 06-15-2018, 07:20 PM   #9
GUDELJ

Messi can’t carry his team. He’s a Steph curry. Cr7 is a lebron James who carries his team. There’s not s definitive answer on who’s the better player, both have different qualities.

Argentina won’t get past the quarterfinals. France is my favorite to win, really hoping Colombia can pull something off though.

David Silva did play excellent I agree.
Old 06-15-2018, 07:27 PM   #10
Witty
Lime Life

Accomplishments
- Only Slightly Retarded

Champed
- Lyric Olympics
- Summer Classic

France would be my favourite too. Though they often look impressive right up until it matters then they fuck it up. So we'll see.

Brazil should be in the mix. And Germany always are. Belgium have the players, but are yet to show any sign of greatness as a team. Maybe this will be the tournament they finally realised their potential.

To say Messi doesn't carry a team is crazy to me, Argentina would not be in this world cup if it wasn't for him. But yeah, he's not a leader like Ronaldo is. He is introverted on the pitch, he plays his game and ignores anything else going on. But his ability with a football at his feet is unparalleled...the only comparison is Maradona and I think Messi has even surpassed him.

Old 06-15-2018, 07:29 PM   #11
Witty
Lime Life

Accomplishments
- Only Slightly Retarded

Champed
- Lyric Olympics
- Summer Classic

But as I said, if either of them win this world cup, the conversation of who is the GOAT is over.

Neither of them will tho... Argentina's squad is the worst I've seen since I've been watching football. Portugal have a better team than in previous world cups, but still not good enough.

Last edited by Witty; 06-15-2018 at 07:31 PM.
Old 06-15-2018, 07:38 PM   #12
GUDELJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witty View Post
France would be my favourite too. Though they often look impressive right up until it matters then they fuck it up. So we'll see.

Brazil should be in the mix. And Germany always are. Belgium have the players, but are yet to show any sign of greatness as a team. Maybe this will be the tournament they finally realised their potential.

To say Messi doesn't carry a team is crazy to me, Argentina would not be in this world cup if it wasn't for him. But yeah, he's not a leader like Ronaldo is. He is introverted on the pitch, he plays his game and ignores anything else going on. But his ability with a football at his feet is unparalleled...the only comparison is Maradona and I think Messi has even surpassed him.
Barcelona’s stock went down since the departure of Neymar and Dani Alves. Suarez is slowly becoming a dead player, and inesta is retiring.

Belgium has the team they need to win it all but I guess they just don’t have chemistry? Spain has the team too but just lack chemistry and it shows. If not then idk what their excuse is for not dominating as they should.

Maybe i was wrong for saying Messi doesn’t Carry the team, but he hasn’t had the chance to prove he can. Portugal only had cristiano tbh, Argentina has a good squad all around. They aren’t the team they were in 2014 or even copa America but they have the team.

Germany and Brazil are definitely contenders as well.

Colombia just reported a James injury so there goes that. May be a scare tactic though
Old 06-15-2018, 07:39 PM   #13
GUDELJ

Portugal won’t pass round of 16, Argentina won’t pass quarters
Old 06-15-2018, 07:43 PM   #14
Witty
Lime Life

Accomplishments
- Only Slightly Retarded

Champed
- Lyric Olympics
- Summer Classic

I agree.

A Portugal v Argentina final would be amazing tho.

Old 06-15-2018, 07:55 PM   #15
bleak
yeet

Battle Record: 20-34

Champed
- 1-2 Punch League

bleak has a brilliant futurebleak has a brilliant futurebleak has a brilliant futurebleak has a brilliant futurebleak has a brilliant futurebleak has a brilliant futurebleak has a brilliant futurebleak has a brilliant futurebleak has a brilliant futurebleak has a brilliant futurebleak has a brilliant future

Recently started getting into this, since the WC update on FIFA.

No one talkn bout Brazil's redemption tour or Germany? Personally I want to see Messi win before he's done

Battle to the death
like a woolah what it do to one’s medulla oblongata- revenge of Montezuma on a blotter
bleak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 07:56 PM   #16
Kill Spree

Battle Record: 3-3

Kill Spree has a brilliant futureKill Spree has a brilliant futureKill Spree has a brilliant futureKill Spree has a brilliant futureKill Spree has a brilliant futureKill Spree has a brilliant futureKill Spree has a brilliant futureKill Spree has a brilliant futureKill Spree has a brilliant futureKill Spree has a brilliant futureKill Spree has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by GUDELJ View Post
Fuck Messi & all of Barcelona.

Cr7 is the goat. Spain is looking only slightly better than last World Cup. Diego costa is carrying their team as Cristiano is carrying Portugal. Idk why Quaresma still plays smh

Iran and Morocco players were all fasting so they all had no energy and were passing out. I’m glad Iran won that.

I was asleep during Uruguay game
Use to fallow premier league been a few years. You fuck with it?
Kill Spree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 08:12 PM   #17
Diode
PR's Finest

Battle Record: 12-7

Diode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witty View Post
If either Messi or Ronaldo win the World Cup this year with their respective nations, they will go down as the greatest of all time.
Hahaha hahaha no.

Die Mannschaft back 2 back breh

Hey but maybe England makes it out of Group Stage this time (only to be pummeled by Poland)????
Old 06-15-2018, 08:13 PM   #18
Diode
PR's Finest

Battle Record: 12-7

Diode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleak View Post
Recently started getting into this, since the WC update on FIFA.

No one talkn bout Brazil's redemption tour or Germany? Personally I want to see Messi win before he's done
7-1

7-1

7-1
Old 06-15-2018, 08:16 PM   #19
bleak
yeet

Battle Record: 20-34

Champed
- 1-2 Punch League

bleak has a brilliant futurebleak has a brilliant futurebleak has a brilliant futurebleak has a brilliant futurebleak has a brilliant futurebleak has a brilliant futurebleak has a brilliant futurebleak has a brilliant futurebleak has a brilliant futurebleak has a brilliant futurebleak has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diode View Post
7-1

7-1

7-1
That's why it's a redemption tour lol

Sucks watching Iran and Morocco play a primetime game while the US boys are sitting at home

Battle to the death
like a woolah what it do to one’s medulla oblongata- revenge of Montezuma on a blotter
bleak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 08:18 PM   #20
GUDELJ

France vs. Australia shout be a route

0600 can’t wait