Netcees  

Go Back   Netcees > Forum > Discussion Board
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

User Tag List

Old 03-18-2015, 02:58 PM   #41
Mercules
teh ghoulie

Battle Record: 4-6

Mercules Mercules Mercules Mercules Mercules Mercules Mercules Mercules Mercules Mercules Mercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by big baby View Post
HAHA BB LIKE DIS

LMAO YEAH FUCKA IDIYOTE KKANNON FUCKA STOOPID FUGGAT

"OH IT NOT FREE AGAINST THE LAWSIES" STFU FUCKA IDIYOTE HI IMK ANNON LAW ABIDING CITIZEN. BUY CD'S. DOWNLOAD THEM BEFORE HAND. PLANING TO BUY LATER IN STORES WHEN IT HITS THE SHELVES. 14.99. BUYING PHYSICAL COPY. LIKE USING TERMINOLOGY LIKE 'HIT THE SHELVES' AND 'PHYSICAL COPY' AND 'ALBUM'. MAKES ME FEEL COOL. KANNON.GLASSES. SHADES. BOOTLEGGER UNETXTRAORDINAIRE. BUY ALBUMS WITH SHADES ON. BUY THE VINYL'S TOO. SUPPORT ARTISTRY. KANYE WEST. WHITE VERSION, KAYNE EAST. ARTISTRY. SUPPORT .15 BUCKS. SUPPORT EM, NOT FREE, NEVER. CAN'T. EVEN THO I GOT A FREE COPY, ITS NOT FREE. GOING TO GET ONE. JUST WANTED TO BE HIPSTER AND LISTEN TO IT BEFORE EVERYONE ELSE, BUT STILL BUYING IT. WITH SHADES ON. BUYING A PHYSICAL COPY AND JAMMING TO IT, RATING IT. GOING TO POST A THREAD WITH A MILLION ALBUM SONGS AND RATE EM. HIPSTER. COOL.14.99 ON THE DOLLAR, GOING TO BRING IN 3 QUARTER, 2 DIMES AND 4 PENNIES IN. PAY IT IN FULL. FOLLOWING LAWSIES. KANNON. AUDIO HEAD. LOVE RAP. SUPPORT HIP-HOPPERS. HIPPITY HOP. COOL. HIPSTER. TAVERN TAP AND GRILL. NAMING MY NEXT MIXTAPE AFTER A IPA STOUT FROM LOCAL BAR. CONDEMN NAPSTER AND TORRENT SITES. WILL SUE YOU. TAKES THE FBI WARNING IN BEGINNING OF MOVIES SERIOUSLY. REPORTS PPL BOOTLEGGING. TO THE AUTHORITIES. LAW ABIDING CITIZEN. NAPSACK WITH GUIDELINES IN IT, READ IT ALOUD TO CITIZENS OF THE COUNTY. STANDS ON PEDESTAL IN MIDDLE OF COUNTRY SQQUARE AND READS ARTICLE 3 LAW 5 INSTATING THAT INDIVIDUALS MUST NOT BOOTLEGG OR RECREATE ORIGINAL COPIES OF ANY KIND. PROHIBITS PICKPOCKETS IN HIS NEIGHBORHOOD WATCH. HAS A DEPUTY DOG NAMED MERLIN. EATS CHEEZ ITS ONE BY ONE. HAS A MAP WITH RED PIN COORDINATES CITING SMALL VICTIMLESS CRIMES IN THE PAST 6 MONTHS. COMMUNITY SECRUTIY COP BADGE. SRS. BANDANA ON. GLASSES. READY 2 FITE CRIME. LMAO FUCKING GOOFBALL NERD FAGGIT, YEAH IT FREE FUCKA IDIYOTE. NOW GET THE FUCK OUT OF MY OFFICE, FUCK YOU
bahahaha..Tavern Tap & Grill
Mercules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 10:02 PM   #42
oats
Steel Cut

Battle Record: 19-10

Accomplishments
- OM HOF (2x)

Champed
- Fight Night LXXXIV
- Art of Writing League

oats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truth Iscariot View Post
Do you think it's better than GKMC or not to be compared?
it's just a completely different record tbh, in style, sound, and scope. really hard to compare the two, but the more I listen to Pimp a Butterfly, the harder it gets for me to temper my enthusiasm for it. I have to consciously stop myself from calling it "genius" and "brilliant." It's so layered.
Old 03-18-2015, 10:08 PM   #43
Joe Metts

Battle Record: 14-6

Joe Metts has a brilliant futureJoe Metts has a brilliant futureJoe Metts has a brilliant futureJoe Metts has a brilliant futureJoe Metts has a brilliant futureJoe Metts has a brilliant futureJoe Metts has a brilliant futureJoe Metts has a brilliant futureJoe Metts has a brilliant futureJoe Metts has a brilliant futureJoe Metts has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to Joe Metts

I hated it.

Granted I only listened to the first 3 tracks but they were horrible. Production was ok. Kendrick ruined it tho.
Joe Metts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 10:43 PM   #44
Truth Iscariot
Pimpin' Butterflies

Truth Iscariot has a brilliant futureTruth Iscariot has a brilliant futureTruth Iscariot has a brilliant futureTruth Iscariot has a brilliant futureTruth Iscariot has a brilliant futureTruth Iscariot has a brilliant futureTruth Iscariot has a brilliant futureTruth Iscariot has a brilliant futureTruth Iscariot has a brilliant futureTruth Iscariot has a brilliant futureTruth Iscariot has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by oats View Post
it's just a completely different record tbh, in style, sound, and scope. really hard to compare the two, but the more I listen to Pimp a Butterfly, the harder it gets for me to temper my enthusiasm for it. I have to consciously stop myself from calling it "genius" and "brilliant." It's so layered.
I know dude... I know
Old 03-19-2015, 05:51 AM   #45
Banned

Registered User is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Metts View Post
I hated it.

Granted I only listened to the first 3 tracks but they were horrible. Production was ok. Kendrick ruined it tho.
cosigned the album is fucking horrible. 3 okay (at best) tracks and 1 good track - the blacker the berry.

I'm so glad I downloaded this shit and didn't pay for it. I don't listen to Kendrick for no skipity skapity funk shit. I listen to him for some hard backseat freestyle car bangers.

Bottom line stick to your fucking lane, I dont listen to ASAP Rocky and hear a Mozart symphony so why the fuck am I hearing some niggas terrible attempt at funk.

And fuck all you this is genius hipster posers.
Registered User is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 05:55 AM   #46
Witty
Lime Life

Battle Record: 30-41

Accomplishments
- Only Slightly Retarded

Champed
- Lyric Olympics
- Summer Classic

Witty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Registered User View Post
cosigned the album is fucking horrible. 3 okay (at best) tracks and 1 good track - the blacker the berry.

I'm so glad I downloaded this shit and didn't pay for it. I don't listen to Kendrick for no skipity skapity funk shit. I listen to him for some hard backseat freestyle car bangers.

Bottom line stick to your fucking lane, I dont listen to ASAP Rocky and hear a Mozart symphony so why the fuck am I hearing some niggas terrible attempt at funk.

And fuck all you this is genius hipster posers.
You seem super intelligent.

Witty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 08:32 AM   #47
Truth Iscariot
Pimpin' Butterflies

Truth Iscariot has a brilliant futureTruth Iscariot has a brilliant futureTruth Iscariot has a brilliant futureTruth Iscariot has a brilliant futureTruth Iscariot has a brilliant futureTruth Iscariot has a brilliant futureTruth Iscariot has a brilliant futureTruth Iscariot has a brilliant futureTruth Iscariot has a brilliant futureTruth Iscariot has a brilliant futureTruth Iscariot has a brilliant future

Lol. I mean...i thought it was good to bring different elements into Rap? Express yourself how you like on the wax? Say fuck popular opinion in fact? I mean look at the game 5 yrs ago, creativity is what was lacked. Now Kendricks here preaching for the blacks. Telling his story through poetic.... Fuck I can't Rhyme anymore.

But fuck a nigga who don't like this. Loving y'all niggas is Complicaaaated
Old 03-19-2015, 08:37 AM   #48
Truth Iscariot
Pimpin' Butterflies

But on a more serious note, Jazz outweighs Funk on this album imo. The first track is heavily influenced by funk. But I mean George Clinton on that shit bruh.

I hear more jazz. And Kendricks lines are dope as fuck. Y'all listening to slow if you think his lyrics aren't killing it
Old 03-19-2015, 08:45 AM   #49
oats
Steel Cut

Accomplishments
- OM HOF (2x)

Champed
- Fight Night LXXXIV
- Art of Writing League

oats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant future

it's a trip through the history of popular black music at the same time it comments on what it is to be black in america - yes, it's genius.

if you're looking for car bangers, this album wasn't made for you, it's that simple.
Old 03-19-2015, 08:52 AM   #50
Truth Iscariot
Pimpin' Butterflies

Quote:
it's a trip through the history of popular black music at the same time it comments on what it is to be black in america - yes, it's genius.

if you're looking for car bangers, this album wasn't made for you, it's that simple.
Word. Well said.

Oats have you listened to Tetsou & Youth?
Old 03-19-2015, 09:59 AM   #51
oats
Steel Cut

Accomplishments
- OM HOF (2x)

Champed
- Fight Night LXXXIV
- Art of Writing League

never heard of. drop a link
Old 03-19-2015, 01:55 PM   #52
Joe Metts

Battle Record: 14-6

Joe Metts has a brilliant futureJoe Metts has a brilliant futureJoe Metts has a brilliant futureJoe Metts has a brilliant futureJoe Metts has a brilliant futureJoe Metts has a brilliant futureJoe Metts has a brilliant futureJoe Metts has a brilliant futureJoe Metts has a brilliant futureJoe Metts has a brilliant futureJoe Metts has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to Joe Metts

If wocka flocka dropped this same exact album there wouldn't even be a thread made about it.
Joe Metts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 02:50 PM   #53
Truth Iscariot
Pimpin' Butterflies

Quote:
never heard of. drop a link
Lupe Fiasco / 2015 - Tetsuo & Youth / torrent

I do not agree. If Waka dropped this album I would marvel at his more complex and improved lyrics. Praise him for featuring Billal and Raposdy and wonder why he was going hard in the paint when he had such deep poetic concepts in his repertoire

To each his own but this is the type of hip hop we need imo

People doing their own shit even if an album with 16 bitch don't kill my vibes would be immensely more popular
Old 03-19-2015, 02:55 PM   #54
Diode
PR's Finest

Battle Record: 12-7

Diode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond repute

i hate his voice though
Old 03-19-2015, 03:29 PM   #55
Truth Iscariot
Pimpin' Butterflies

At times he sounds like a horny bitch with asthma. I still dig him.
Old 03-19-2015, 04:08 PM   #56
Mr. J
The Clown Prince

Battle Record: 35-45

Champed
- Art of Writing League

Mr. J has a brilliant futureMr. J has a brilliant futureMr. J has a brilliant futureMr. J has a brilliant futureMr. J has a brilliant futureMr. J has a brilliant futureMr. J has a brilliant futureMr. J has a brilliant futureMr. J has a brilliant futureMr. J has a brilliant futureMr. J has a brilliant future

Yea I turned it off after 5 songs..I can't get jiggy with this shit

to me it sounds like he's trying to mold himself into a Nas/Andre 3000 hybrid of sorts
I mean if you think he's making great moves with bringing different genres into the game cool
I mean that's what Rakim based his style on was the use of Jazz instrumentals
with all the hype around the album anyone will say anything to get a high five
but I'm like nah...take that shit elsewhere son, right now Tetsuo & Youth is my go to album
I currently am catching up on some other stuff, but that Rhapsody broad>>>
some of the production is good though..some lines are nice
but you can't come out of the wood work after GKMC & drop this...smh
Old 03-19-2015, 09:08 PM   #57
Malachi
Negus

Battle Record: 5-10

Champed
- Newbie Tourney VI

Malachi has a brilliant futureMalachi has a brilliant futureMalachi has a brilliant futureMalachi has a brilliant futureMalachi has a brilliant futureMalachi has a brilliant futureMalachi has a brilliant futureMalachi has a brilliant futureMalachi has a brilliant futureMalachi has a brilliant futureMalachi has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to Malachi

i liked it alot im not like its classic or nun
not yet at least

copped a physical tho
Old 03-20-2015, 03:38 AM   #58
oats
Steel Cut

Accomplishments
- OM HOF (2x)

Champed
- Fight Night LXXXIV
- Art of Writing League

brutal line of reasoning re: Waka Flocka. "If Milli Vanilli made Illmatic..."

that he followed up GKMC with this is in itself exactly what he's driving at in the album - the balls/confidence/love for his craft that it took to drop something completely different from what people wanted/expected, and the ambition and execution of this album - it's a phenomenal record. I agree with Diode in that, his voice, and the musical numbers themselves, may not be immediately palatable, but the more I listen to this, the more clear it becomes that this is a work of genius. Everything is placed perfectly, and it crescendos with a haunting conversation with Tupac. Everything is closely layered and metaphorical.

people will try to pin it down with comparisons, but truthfully there's nothing even remotely similar to this album - maaaaaybe Low End Theory but that wasn't nearly as ambitious. This is an album to listen to and think about and reflect on, not something you bump in the car.

it's not for everyone, and I understand why some aren't as high on it as I am, or at all. but to say this is wack or contrived just makes you sound foolish and unknowledgeable.
Old 03-20-2015, 07:11 AM   #59
Truth Iscariot
Pimpin' Butterflies

^ well said.
Old 03-20-2015, 07:46 AM   #60
uh-oh
DA GOD

Battle Record: 1-0

Champed
- Beat Battle II
- Beat Battle V
- Beat Bags

uh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant future

ill check it out but just know i never liked kendrick and dont expect this to change that. in fact the nerd like praise people are giving this is fueling my inner hater. i thiught gkmc wad ok but the love it got made me hate it. the fact people who liked that dislike this i will admit has me intrigued but word kim sure its a mediocre attempt at genius sure to fail in my minds superior opinion