Netcees  

Go Back   Netcees > Forum > Discussion Board

User Tag List

Old 11-28-2017, 02:57 PM   #21
Objective
( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)

Battle Record: 17-32

Objective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by uh-oh View Post
i cant pretend to pick a side in this argument.
Interesting, I'm clearly biased. Probably because I'm leaning more towards the red/black side of the political spectrum than anything else. I've read a little bit about the pros for this going through but fail to see how it tips the scale to favor for it or even balance it out. Would be cool to hear your views on it tho.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=gV8ozGcGJ6o
Objective is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2017, 06:49 PM   #22
uh-oh
DA GOD

Battle Record: 1-0

Champed
- Beat Battle II
- Beat Battle V
- Beat Bags

uh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant future

from the little i understand

net neutrality in essence is turning the internet itself into a "utility". when something is a utility, it can be taxed, regulated, licensed, hell it can be shut down based off the content within, etc. all at the discretion of the FCC/federal government.

i'm not sure if you are familiar with the FCC, but the only times i've ever heard of them was in regards to them censoring things, from radio to television.

so allowing them to hold the wheel of the internet is silly to me, espescially when the argument for allowing them to hold the wheel is censorship. like somehow the FCC has your best interests at heart, and the people who's livelihoods exist on your best interests don't.

the government gets paid no matter what, through forceful taxation and the threat of incarceration.

netflix gets paid through your voluntary subscription. if they sign a deal with an ISP that fucks over their consumers, they fuck over themselves.

but again, im not pretending to be all knowledgeable in this, im as biased as anyone because of where i stand outside of all this. being anti the government having its greedy fuck hands in everything.

every legislation with a good name should be scrutinized and not taken at face value. nothing is actually in the best interests of the people. no child left behind, the patriot act, the affordable care act, etc, all sound like great things if you are just looking at the name, but underneath that its not in the peoples best interests, and never is.
Old 11-28-2017, 08:24 PM   #23
big baby
obsessed

Battle Record: Faggot-1

Accomplishments
- can recite entirety of shrek 2

Champed
- tangoed with spider man behind scenes in spider-man 2
- was candidate for gerber baby 3x
- smush parker like bb comment on instagram saying "u fucka suck idiyote"
- smush beer on head and didn't cry
- parallel parked in between 2 ferrari's in tonky truck once
- when saying pledge of allegiance i said "i don't" lmao deadass bb satan
- won tshirt from taco bell saying "taco cat" is the same backwards for filling out 500 surveys in a
- neighbor house caught on fire i call FIRE department and saved lives, was in newspaper
- set neighbor house on fire lmao
- fuck neighbor husband and wife
- first fish caught resembled david ortiz
- colin kaepernick
- related to genghis khan
- elected assistant to the vice president assistant to the president for regional chess club
- never lost game of hide and seek

big baby has a brilliant futurebig baby has a brilliant futurebig baby has a brilliant futurebig baby has a brilliant futurebig baby has a brilliant futurebig baby has a brilliant futurebig baby has a brilliant futurebig baby has a brilliant futurebig baby has a brilliant futurebig baby has a brilliant futurebig baby has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to big baby

shut it h fucka stooping idiyote uhoh
If mentioned in a discussion its who'd still use wordy lines and act all dope
Then again hes had this schtick so long he like bb da bb da bb thats all folks
big baby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 02:05 AM   #24
Objective
( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)

Battle Record: 17-32

Objective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by uh-oh View Post
netflix gets paid through your voluntary subscription. if they sign a deal with an ISP that fucks over their consumers, they fuck over themselves.
Actually, they wouldn't. I see what you're getting at but in the end they'll earn money on it from all the customers they otherwise wouldn't have had. They're hitting a market demographic that might not even be on it with this, and if they don't they might have someone else come through and take their spot since Netflix.com is getting their traffic capped by speed so the quality will suck in certain areas or people that watch more than, let's say, 2gb worth of videos on different sites unless they pay more.
Most people that use the internet got limited knowledge of it and use is limited to email or work, newspapers, facebook, Youtube and a few other social medias, perhaps Spotify or something similar and that's it. So if they got a choice between Netflix and a slightly worse competitor they won't care enough to get it and will watch it a friends house or not at all.

If dataplan comes into play I think Netflix will be one of the first ones to jump on it. They know how crucial it can be to not be part of change (Blockbuster comes to mind), and being part of change based on how society works is something Netflix has done since the very start.

It's like EA with Battlefront II, they didn't fuck up at all with crazy microtransactions for in-game shit that gives you advantages, a practice gamers have hated since the start. They made their investors happy, they barely lost anything on the backlash and every 12 year old out there is going to get the new Star Wars game for Christmas so they can put the nosebleed microtransactions back into it and get their ratings back up on wall street.

One thing is what you want to do but as you say: money will always be the common denominator in disputes like these. No matter how much Netflix is against it it will be detrimental and if this goes on for a while Netflix will eventually be forced to join one of these dataplans to continue the way they do now/always have. It's too big to pass up on when it's in full effect.

What I don't get is why you're still neutral to this whole thing. Why not take a stand @uh-oh? Big Baby is on to something, who knows how far the rabbit hole will go if this goes through and can develop further. I might not like or even defend BB's gimmick 24/7 but I will forever fight for his right to act however he wants online without some FCC faggots telling him how to behave or try to censor him because that's what we're at the beginning of right now.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=gV8ozGcGJ6o

Last edited by Objective; 12-01-2017 at 02:08 AM.
Objective is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 08:17 AM   #25
uh-oh
DA GOD

Battle Record: 1-0

Champed
- Beat Battle II
- Beat Battle V
- Beat Bags

uh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant future

those fcc faggots are in control now, if you are worried about censorship you would vote against net neutrality.

im neutral in it because i don't buy the doom and gloom scenarios, and even the analogy you brought up with EA doesn't work, because it shows that those evil corporations care about the consumer

people thought the microtransactions were "pay to win" so people could just buy the best gear and weapons and be able to compete with people who spent HOURS AND HOURS playing to unlock them for free. there was enough of a shitstorm that EA pulled it to keep the consumers happy.

they plan on rolling it back out, because they want to make money, and people are willing to pay it, but they are looking at taking away the loot aspect, and having it be more geared toward customization, so you can make your characters look different, unlock different races etc, but in the same sense they say they are trying to balance it so that people with money and little time, can compete with those with alot of time and a little money.

which i understand. i used to play WoW. my only beef with it is i could never play end game content, because i couldn't play 12 hours a day for a week to get a cloak lol. let alone still needing a helm, chestpiece, boots, grieves, 2 ultimate weapons etc lmao, so i could never play the actual end game bosses and everything else because i didn't have the time to put in. if i was able to buy them for 20 bucks a piece, i would have.

they would be silly to not put it in. but they never did, because the largest base of their consumers weren't for it.

and if battlefront blows, no one is being forced to play it

but word im less neutral the more i look into it and lean more towards repeal, espescially because of the misguided buffoonery from the dont' repeal side

http://abcnews.go.com/US/net-neutral...ry?id=51491458

Last edited by uh-oh; 12-01-2017 at 08:26 AM.
uh-oh is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
whale pussyfart