Old 01-14-2020, 12:01 PM   #41
uh-oh
DA GOD

Battle Record: 1-0

Champed
- Beat Battle II
- Beat Battle V
- Beat Bags

uh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spleth View Post
What I’m saying is, Johnny Tubesocks at the local 135-L had 50 bucks taken out of his paycheck instead of 70 and called Trump a savior and then got 3k less in deductions at the end of the year for his 3 kids and probably blamed it on Obamacare
This makes more sense. Is there a site that breaks down what exactly changed?

I was confused by people claiming to owe more when it seemed straight forward to me, the percentage itself went down. So I was taxed less each check by my employer and basically had the same return just 100ish more. So when people claimed they were paying more I was like wtf? Redo your taxes dummy you did em wrong. But I'm a single filer who gets no deductions etc just the basic straight across the board shit.

Also why it seemed goofy because the argument is always presented as, you get more on your checks but owe more at the end. Like the percent didn't change just the method of collecting. But what you guys are saying is a bunch of deductions and loopholes were eliminated?
Old 01-14-2020, 12:23 PM   #42
~RustyGunZ~
(ง'̀-'́)ง

Battle Record: 52-28

Accomplishments
-50+ wins

Champed
-Summer Classic VIII
-Netcees Battle League
-BA Picture
-BA TagTeam
-Fight Night Cypher I
-Fight Night XXXV
-Key Grand Prix 2018 1/2

~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute

Yes. People argue with me their taxes are less because of their paycheck to paycheck change. Less and less argue with me as they get more tax returns under trump. But yeah you wouldn’t see any difference from the changes in deductions.
FREE PHAROAHS ARMY
~RustyGunZ~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2020, 12:52 PM   #43
boof

boof has a brilliant futureboof has a brilliant futureboof has a brilliant futureboof has a brilliant futureboof has a brilliant futureboof has a brilliant futureboof has a brilliant futureboof has a brilliant futureboof has a brilliant futureboof has a brilliant futureboof has a brilliant future

80% of the tax cut benefits went to the top.

on average the top 1% saved $50,000 in taxes. by comparison, the bottom 80% of america saved an average of $600, which breaks down to ~$12 per weekly paycheck.

fortune 500 companies paid an effective tax rate of 11% on average

this was the first time the upper class paid a lower effective tax rate than the middle class in american history

by comparison, when the U.S. had the strongest middle class in the world, the rich paid a way higher effective tax rate than the middle class, obviously

Amazon, Chevron, FedEx, IBM, General Motors, Netflix, and at least 85 other giant corporations paid zero dollars in taxes.

over half of the tax cuts aimed at "helping small businesses" went to multi million dollar companies. actual small businesses(under $200k) saw less than a quarter of the benefits.

the tax cut ballooned the deficit, giving people like joe biden and paul ryan the justification to cut medicare and social security, which some know was the plan anyways

uh-oh if you were taxed less each check and ended up with a bigger refund, it's not because you were taxed less. that's the opposite of how it works, in general
boof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2020, 01:19 PM   #44
uh-oh
DA GOD

Champed
- Beat Battle II
- Beat Battle V
- Beat Bags

uh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant future

I was "taxed" less in the sense I got more of what I made/less taken out. I got more back because they still taxed me more on those checks than necessary. So while I saw an increase on my checks I also so one tax time, but 100 is basically nothing come tax time. So they didn't over tax me much each check
Old 01-14-2020, 01:31 PM   #45
boof

boof has a brilliant futureboof has a brilliant futureboof has a brilliant futureboof has a brilliant futureboof has a brilliant futureboof has a brilliant futureboof has a brilliant futureboof has a brilliant futureboof has a brilliant futureboof has a brilliant futureboof has a brilliant future

when you say you got 100 dollars more than your last refund, i'm just saying that's not because you were taxed less on each check. getting taxed less on each check in general means you would have more to owe come tax season, if your income was the same
Old 01-14-2020, 02:58 PM   #46
uh-oh
DA GOD

Champed
- Beat Battle II
- Beat Battle V
- Beat Bags

I know. I was only pointing out I got more back in both facets. I got more on my checks and more back. I didn't end up owing come tax time, they still took too much out. 100 dollars more than the year before, even after seeing the increase on all my checks
Old 01-17-2020, 12:23 PM   #47
Diode
PR's Finest

Battle Record: 12-7

Diode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond repute

ITT people who only take a standard deduction
Old 01-17-2020, 12:53 PM   #48
boof

90% of the country takes the standard deduction
Old 01-17-2020, 02:20 PM   #49
Diode
PR's Finest

Battle Record: 12-7

Diode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by boof View Post
90% of the country takes the standard deduction
A sizeable portion would have been paying less taxes by itemizing before Trump came along.