Old 01-09-2020, 06:06 PM   #81
uh-oh
DA GOD

Battle Record: 1-0

Champed
- Beat Battle II
- Beat Battle V
- Beat Bags

uh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant future

i never said people on welfare dont work

?

the majority people who get welfare work. i'd still do away with it. my make them work for it thing is just a spitballing idea. i much prefer the complete removal of it.

then a guy like mike booth can start boothazon where people can donate a percentage of their income to help out the less fortunate, booth can profit off of his company and become rich by creating the company/infrastructure blah blah
Old 01-09-2020, 06:08 PM   #82
boof

boof has a brilliant futureboof has a brilliant futureboof has a brilliant futureboof has a brilliant futureboof has a brilliant futureboof has a brilliant futureboof has a brilliant futureboof has a brilliant futureboof has a brilliant futureboof has a brilliant futureboof has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by uh-oh View Post
if the majority of people who receive welfare had to work to receive it they would just get a job and work for a living. it would truly go to those that need it.
boof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2020, 06:13 PM   #83
uh-oh
DA GOD

Champed
- Beat Battle II
- Beat Battle V
- Beat Bags

uh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant future

the point remains?

if the single mom on welfare had to work to get welfare why wouldn't she get a second job instead?
Old 01-09-2020, 06:18 PM   #84
uh-oh
DA GOD

Champed
- Beat Battle II
- Beat Battle V
- Beat Bags

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominate View Post
And how do you stop the people who are just lazy and don’t really need welfare from getting that money from charities any better than you stop them from getting money from the government? I agree these people exist and are a problem, I don’t think they’re the majority like you do but yeah a significant number, sure. I just think the UBI is the best solution. People who leech off the existing welfare system leech off a different system instead, but people who currently work for a living get the same payment, so now they have the option of working to thrive/get ahead instead of working to just get by. And the people who actually need welfare are taken care of too. Plus it’s way more efficient than a welfare system that depends on your circumstances.

I’d be cool with a system that replaced income and company tax with a larger VAT, which wouldn’t apply to necessities like food and rent. Then no one is taking anyone’s money under threat of violence/imprisonment. You choose to buy luxury items, and pay a little more for them. That’s a way more efficient tax system too. Do away with trying to legislate away and administrate and close loopholes that people exploit to avoid tax.
i don't mind your second idea as a different and better form of taxation.

but again, im just speaking from my ideological standpoint.

i don't think the government should be involved in anyones lives, or should be in charge of the welfare of its citizens. each citizen should be in charge of their own life and decisions. the government should just be a military of the people for the people that exists to ensure their safety from other nations, and a police force that is of the people that protects the people from anyone who would cause them harm. only crimes where there is a victim, stealing/robbery/violence etc. nothing that is choice based, no saving someone from themselves etc.

every thing else, literally, everything should be done privately and not at the expense of citizens.

be it some type of welfare program, or roads, schools etc. the government should play no part.

but thats just my view on it.
Old 01-09-2020, 07:11 PM   #85
Dominate
Tread Lightly.

Battle Record: 26-9

Champed
- Netcees Battle League
- Battle Arena
- Tag Team Tournament III
- Tag Tournament: "Omicron Variant"

Dominate has a brilliant futureDominate has a brilliant futureDominate has a brilliant futureDominate has a brilliant futureDominate has a brilliant futureDominate has a brilliant futureDominate has a brilliant futureDominate has a brilliant futureDominate has a brilliant futureDominate has a brilliant futureDominate has a brilliant future

Quote:
i don't mind your second idea as a different and better form of taxation.

but again, im just speaking from my ideological standpoint.

i don't think the government should be involved in anyones lives, or should be in charge of the welfare of its citizens. each citizen should be in charge of their own life and decisions. the government should just be a military of the people for the people that exists to ensure their safety from other nations, and a police force that is of the people that protects the people from anyone who would cause them harm. only crimes where there is a victim, stealing/robbery/violence etc. nothing that is choice based, no saving someone from themselves etc.

every thing else, literally, everything should be done privately and not at the expense of citizens.

be it some type of welfare program, or roads, schools etc. the government should play no part.

but thats just my view on it.

Agree that government needs to be stripped way the fuck down, but for most big/national level functions I think that means doing things more efficiently, not not doing them at all.

You agree it’s an unfortunate necessity that the govt needs to fund a military, otherwise you’re vulnerable to attack by other nations. I’m saying it’s an unfortunate necessity to make sure a large swath of people don’t fall into abject poverty, otherwise crime and disease will skyrocket, both of which would require a costly government funded response.

Agree with your stance on what should be considered criminal. Non violent drug crimes in particular shouldn’t be crimes.
Old 01-09-2020, 07:30 PM   #86
NYCSPITZ
SYRACUSE

Battle Record: 31-37

Champed
- Write Night II
- Alias Topical Tournament

NYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant future

After yang did that whipped cream shit into a man’s mouth I can’t vote for him.

Google that if you haven’t I tried uploading but the size was too big or something. Too much homosexuality.

I don’t like any of these wiggers. Or Chiggers or niggers or azniggers.

Not voting for SHIT.

doing my own thing fuck these faggots.
Old 01-09-2020, 07:47 PM   #87
Pharaohs Army
Banned

Battle Record: 6 - 14

Pharaohs Army has a brilliant futurePharaohs Army has a brilliant futurePharaohs Army has a brilliant futurePharaohs Army has a brilliant futurePharaohs Army has a brilliant futurePharaohs Army has a brilliant futurePharaohs Army has a brilliant futurePharaohs Army has a brilliant futurePharaohs Army has a brilliant futurePharaohs Army has a brilliant futurePharaohs Army has a brilliant future

Quote:
Wait a minute. You don't want the government involved in roads and schools?

Do you realize how important to our 1st world lifestyle the national highway build of the '50s was?

And public education?

I'm somewhat libertarian but I still think there's a place for government. Like roads & schools as two big examples.
Pharaohs Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2020, 07:47 PM   #88
boof

boof has a brilliant futureboof has a brilliant futureboof has a brilliant futureboof has a brilliant futureboof has a brilliant futureboof has a brilliant futureboof has a brilliant futureboof has a brilliant futureboof has a brilliant futureboof has a brilliant futureboof has a brilliant future

Quote:
the point remains?

if the single mom on welfare had to work to get welfare why wouldn't she get a second job instead?
i don't understand your point.

lots of places and programs require employment to receive welfare benefits

single moms on welfare do work, full time, they don't get a second job because there's no time to work a second job. you realize raising a child takes time?
Old 01-09-2020, 07:54 PM   #89
uh-oh
DA GOD

Champed
- Beat Battle II
- Beat Battle V
- Beat Bags

Quote:
Originally Posted by boof View Post
i don't understand your point.

lots of places and programs require employment to receive welfare benefits

single moms on welfare do work, full time, they don't get a second job because there's no time to work a second job. you realize raising a child takes time?
dont have a kid
Old 01-09-2020, 07:56 PM   #90
boof

can't believe you're 30 and still think like this

you realize lots of people end up needing assistance 5, 10, 15 years after they have a kid? you realize people can't tell the future?

again there's endless situations where someone can have a kid while in a financially stable position and fall into poverty unexpectedly, it's insane you don't know this. please meet more people
Old 01-09-2020, 08:03 PM   #91
uh-oh
DA GOD

Champed
- Beat Battle II
- Beat Battle V
- Beat Bags

Quote:
Originally Posted by boof View Post
can't believe you're 30 and still think like this

you realize lots of people end up needing assistance 5, 10, 15 years after they have a kid? you realize people can't tell the future?

again there's endless situations where someone can have a kid while in a financially stable position and fall into poverty unexpectedly, it's insane you don't know this. please meet more people
its insane you think i don't know that. the point you aren't understanding is "your" problems, shouldnt be "mine". both used in the proverbial sense.

its a cold world. don't force others to hold your hand.
Old 01-09-2020, 08:06 PM   #92
uh-oh
DA GOD

Champed
- Beat Battle II
- Beat Battle V
- Beat Bags

and i'm by no means being an asshole on purpose to be an asshole, i would be one of the people chipping in to help people, my problem is your preferred method. it should be done by choice, not force

the government is what i have a problem with.

the government is what you have a problem with.

my idea is to take away the governments power. your idea is to give it more and hope it will change.

the same people that gave obama power forgot that that power goes to trump as well.

STOP GIVING THE GOVERNMENT SO MUCH FUCKING POWER OVER OUR LIVES
Old 01-09-2020, 08:08 PM   #93
Pharaohs Army
Banned

Pharaohs Army has a brilliant futurePharaohs Army has a brilliant futurePharaohs Army has a brilliant futurePharaohs Army has a brilliant futurePharaohs Army has a brilliant futurePharaohs Army has a brilliant futurePharaohs Army has a brilliant futurePharaohs Army has a brilliant futurePharaohs Army has a brilliant futurePharaohs Army has a brilliant futurePharaohs Army has a brilliant future

And how will the roads and schools get built?

Private corporations or citizens out of the goodness of their hearts?

What if certain towns or cities don't have anyone to pony up the dough for roads and schools?
Old 01-09-2020, 08:10 PM   #94
uh-oh
DA GOD

Champed
- Beat Battle II
- Beat Battle V
- Beat Bags

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pharaohs Army View Post
And how will the roads and schools get built?

Private corporations or citizens out of the goodness of their hearts?

What if certain towns or cities don't have anyone to pony up the dough for roads and schools?
https://twitter.com/ericdjuly/status...140673?lang=en
Old 01-09-2020, 08:16 PM   #95
Pharaohs Army
Banned

I listened and I'm not satisfied with what he said.

He basically said don't bring this subject up. We'll handle it.
Old 01-09-2020, 08:32 PM   #96
uh-oh
DA GOD

Champed
- Beat Battle II
- Beat Battle V
- Beat Bags

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pharaohs Army View Post
I listened and I'm not satisfied with what he said.

He basically said don't bring this subject up. We'll handle it.
lol word, fuck them ho ass roads

but to answer your questions as succinctly as possible, roads will be fine. im even ok with the military upkeeping the interstates since their main function is for war, but every other road/street can very easily be built/maintained by the private sector, much more cheaply and efficiently.

schools would be much the same. in poor towns/areas the schools are already shit because the taxpayer bases are shittier and the people sending their kids in are shittier. rich people will pay for their kids education the same way they do now by sending them to private schools and the like. the majority of schooling is redundant and unnecessary as is, it would be much cheaper to just give your kid the basic education he needs, and technology makes education cheaper as well.

but hell if you listen to these guys robots will be taking teaching jobs in a couple years so schools will be almost free anyways

signed a barely literate high school dropout
Old 01-09-2020, 09:28 PM   #97
Dominate
Tread Lightly.

Battle Record: 26-9

Champed
- Netcees Battle League
- Battle Arena
- Tag Team Tournament III
- Tag Tournament: "Omicron Variant"

Dominate has a brilliant futureDominate has a brilliant futureDominate has a brilliant futureDominate has a brilliant futureDominate has a brilliant futureDominate has a brilliant futureDominate has a brilliant futureDominate has a brilliant futureDominate has a brilliant futureDominate has a brilliant futureDominate has a brilliant future

Are you OK with paying taxes for the heavily increased police force and justice system we’d need to deal with the resulting increase in crime under your system?

Also, are you still down with the basic idea of democracy (ignoring any perceived flaws of how it’s implemented in the US)? If so, your system couldn’t last.
Old 01-09-2020, 10:24 PM   #98
Blue Bayou
Ukrainian Howlitzers

Battle Record: 41-24

Accomplishments
- Hall of Fame

Champed
- NBL Season 3
- Alias Tournament II
- Fight Night XLVIII
- Fight Night XXV
- Fight Night XV
- Fight Night (3x)
- Netcees Battle League (4x)
- NBL Tag Team Season 3
- Lyric Olympics
- 1-2 Punch League (3x)
- Battle Arena League (2x)
- Key Grand Prix 2018 1/2
- BA Tag
- NPL Roast
- Netcees Pic League

Blue Bayou has a brilliant futureBlue Bayou has a brilliant futureBlue Bayou has a brilliant futureBlue Bayou has a brilliant futureBlue Bayou has a brilliant futureBlue Bayou has a brilliant futureBlue Bayou has a brilliant futureBlue Bayou has a brilliant futureBlue Bayou has a brilliant futureBlue Bayou has a brilliant futureBlue Bayou has a brilliant future

FYI Uber already has agreements in place (with Hyundai) for flying cars... I believe the prototype is expected to be ready for actual testing / application by 2023
-kungfugrip
Blue Bayou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2020, 11:47 PM   #99
uh-oh
DA GOD

Champed
- Beat Battle II
- Beat Battle V
- Beat Bags

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominate View Post
Are you OK with paying taxes for the heavily increased police force and justice system we’d need to deal with the resulting increase in crime under your system?

Also, are you still down with the basic idea of democracy (ignoring any perceived flaws of how it’s implemented in the US)? If so, your system couldn’t last.
i'm assuming you are trying to say that somehow the system in place now is preventing more crimes that involve victims? assaults/thefts etc. ? even if that was to all increase, the decriminalizing of everything else would leave plenty of resources to combat it, and since we're in my make believe utopia we will have my make believe punishments involved. which will also deter crime. no death row. no long sentences. if you need to be locked away you will simply be hung. you won't get that from shoplifting of course. but you get it. none of this living out your life on the taxpayers dime

ive never been down with the idea of democracy, in the sense of a true democracy. but a democratic republic is probably the best bet. the one in place will SUFFICE, but i'd much prefer one similar to ancient rome. only landowners having a say since they actually have skin in the game. but again, its basic functions will be so stripped down that its mainly voting in a commander in chief more so than anybody pushing policies, because most policies again are a hindrance to the individual freedoms of the common man.

i also wouldn't mind adopting consuls over a singular president. so even less gets done. basically like trump and hillary would be co consuls with equal say. obviously nothing sounds worse than those two being in charge of anything, but they're just the example. obama and romney, bush and gore etc. just another set of checks and balances before hitting the others

and fuck it since we're adopting all that just bring the full on roman senate and have a tribune of the plebs, someone like AOC wouldve been a modern nominee for comparison. someone who is supposed to be the voice of the lowest class, who has veto power, so even if both consuls agree on some form of legislation it can still be stopped.

the roman republic was such a magnificent system it had to be forcefully overthrown after 700ish years of fucking GLORY, because the powerful couldn't make it do what they pleased. blame caesar that great bastard of a man. well honestly sulla for giving caesar the blueprint.

but really we deserve the state we are currently in for adopting such a wonderful system and then fucking it all up by mixing it with the ideals of the savage iroquois confederation.

but i digress

Last edited by uh-oh; 01-09-2020 at 11:49 PM.
uh-oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2020, 12:00 AM   #100
Pharaohs Army
Banned

Quote:
only landowners having a say since they actually have skin in the game.
Unreal.