Netcees  

Go Back   Netcees > Forum > Discussion Board

User Tag List

Old 10-19-2019, 12:13 PM   #21
boof

boof has a brilliant futureboof has a brilliant futureboof has a brilliant futureboof has a brilliant futureboof has a brilliant futureboof has a brilliant futureboof has a brilliant futureboof has a brilliant futureboof has a brilliant futureboof has a brilliant futureboof has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zunto View Post
Tulsi is the only democrat running who isn’t completely insane
you mean the tulsi that dropped her vice chair position at the dnc to endorse bernie?

the tulsi that's gunning for a bernie vp spot?

but bernie's insane right lol
boof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2019, 12:14 PM   #22
boof

boof has a brilliant futureboof has a brilliant futureboof has a brilliant futureboof has a brilliant futureboof has a brilliant futureboof has a brilliant futureboof has a brilliant futureboof has a brilliant futureboof has a brilliant futureboof has a brilliant futureboof has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by uh-oh View Post
and just support someone who is much more centrist.
a centrist won't win vs trump, people want change.
Old 10-19-2019, 12:24 PM   #23
boof

@Destroyer lay out any evidence of Tulsi being a Russian asset, but you're not allowed to use msnbc or cnn articles

go
Old 10-19-2019, 01:04 PM   #24
uh-oh
DA GOD

Battle Record: 1-0

Champed
- Beat Battle II
- Beat Battle V
- Beat Bags

uh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by boof View Post
a centrist won't win vs trump, people want change.
the people who are desperate for change are the far left. but there are plenty of people who would vote for trump over these far left politicians, that could be swayed to a more centrist candidate over trump. basically itd be easier to appeal to the other side if they didn't have such radical standpoints.

no conservative leaning person will ever vote against their leanings just to stick it to trump. at best they wont vote. the left needs to actually take votes from trump. the only hope at that is a centrist position

im also disappointed you put so much sway into these polls when they are consistently meaningless, espescially when one candidate is portrayed as a racist misogynist xenophobic incompetent buffoon, even if you do support him you won't do so openly for fear of being seen as what the media has consistently tried to portray them as. blind hateful dullards.
Old 10-19-2019, 01:16 PM   #25
Destroyer
Bags will be avenged

Battle Record: 85-58

Accomplishments
- 50+ Wins

Champed
- Gimmick Battle League
- 1-2 Punch League (5x)
- Fight Night LXXIX
- Fight Night 4
- Netcees Battle League (2x)
- NPL Roast

Destroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant future

There’s no news source that’s unbiased
It’s all bullshit
philosophy.
Destroyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2019, 01:31 PM   #26
boof

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destroyer View Post
There’s no news source on cable television that’s unbiased
It’s all bullshit
fixed it
Old 10-19-2019, 01:51 PM   #27
boof

Quote:
the people who are desperate for change are the far left. but there are plenty of people who would vote for trump over these far left politicians, that could be swayed to a more centrist candidate over trump. basically itd be easier to appeal to the other side if they didn't have such radical standpoints.

no conservative leaning person will ever vote against their leanings just to stick it to trump. at best they wont vote. the left needs to actually take votes from trump. the only hope at that is a centrist position

im also disappointed you put so much sway into these polls when they are consistently meaningless, espescially when one candidate is portrayed as a racist misogynist xenophobic incompetent buffoon, even if you do support him you won't do so openly for fear of being seen as what the media has consistently tried to portray them as. blind hateful dullards.
1 - people desperate for change are not confined to the far left. the "far left" are people that understand and support the policies on the table that actually help the desperation in this country. msm has told the middle and right these policies are radical and communist and blah blah because those are media companies owned by the industries that will lose profit if implemented. people are desperate for change on the left and the right(hence trump). the middle is fine with the status quo because they are typically middle class and don't understand what's happening because they are glued to msnbc. if what you're saying is true about trump vs. radical left, then biden would be smooth sailing, but he's not because his policy stances do not resonate. to be clear, no one running is radical left. bernie is the furthest, and he is just simply left. it only feels radical because the national spectrum has been pulled to the right over the last 20 years.

2 - i disagree centrism is the only way to take votes from the right. but truthfully the focus is probably more on the third of the electorate that didn't vote last time. the goal is more so to get those people involved. but like i said, bernie did a town hall on fox news, ripping into trump, announcing that he would take on big pharma, the military industrial complex, fight for medicare for all. he got a standing ovation. left & right agree on a lot of those issues.

3 - polls are polls. they are the opinions of people polled at that time. nobody is afraid to give support to trump in a poll lol, it's anonymous. but usually the polls are biased against young voters and independents. i look at the demographics of each poll carefully to see if they're worth a shit or not. some of them are. some are not. the ones on tv usually are manipulated or weighted in certain directions, usually old, likely voters.
Old 10-19-2019, 02:31 PM   #28
uh-oh
DA GOD

Champed
- Beat Battle II
- Beat Battle V
- Beat Bags

uh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant future

Quote:
1 - people desperate for change are not confined to the far left. the "far left" are people that understand and support the policies on the table that actually help the desperation in this country. msm has told the middle and right these policies are radical and communist and blah blah because those are media companies owned by the industries that will lose profit if implemented. people are desperate for change on the left and the right(hence trump). the middle is fine with the status quo because they are typically middle class and don't understand what's happening because they are glued to msnbc. if what you're saying is true about trump vs. radical left, then biden would be smooth sailing, but he's not because his policy stances do not resonate. to be clear, no one running is radical left. bernie is the furthest, and he is just simply left. it only feels radical because the national spectrum has been pulled to the right over the last 20 years.

2 - i disagree centrism is the only way to take votes from the right. but truthfully the focus is probably more on the third of the electorate that didn't vote last time. the goal is more so to get those people involved. but like i said, bernie did a town hall on fox news, ripping into trump, announcing that he would take on big pharma, the military industrial complex, fight for medicare for all. he got a standing ovation. left & right agree on a lot of those issues.

3 - polls are polls. they are the opinions of people polled at that time. nobody is afraid to give support to trump in a poll lol, it's anonymous. but usually the polls are biased against young voters and independents. i look at the demographics of each poll carefully to see if they're worth a shit or not. some of them are. some are not. the ones on tv usually are manipulated or weighted in certain directions, usually old, likely voters.
i agree, polls are polls. complete and utter nonsense.

biden isn't the middle of the road guy, he is the establishment middle of the road guy. he's also a bumbling out of touch old perverted fool. no one likes him left right or center, other than heavily entrenched establishment dems.

the media isn't portraying the leftist candidates as radical, their policies are. they may not seem radical in another country, but in america, where there is supposed to be liberty and freedom, they are extremely radical.

there are radical viewpoints the right is for that i disagree with as well, im not attacking them like they are the only nutjobs, just pointing out your views are tinted by things you are for. you need to go after people who aren't for the things you are for. finding one thing you agree on means nothing when you are for 5 other things that they oppose more than anything.

i view myself as the center right leaning person who didn't vote, and has no interest to. the left should be catering to me. im a random middle class working stiff in a swing state. the dems are so far removed from me and others in my position it comes off like they are trying to lose on purpose
Old 10-19-2019, 10:15 PM   #29
Destroyer
Bags will be avenged

Battle Record: 85-58

Accomplishments
- 50+ Wins

Champed
- Gimmick Battle League
- 1-2 Punch League (5x)
- Fight Night LXXIX
- Fight Night 4
- Netcees Battle League (2x)
- NPL Roast

Destroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant future

Anyway, Boof, she’s an Islamophobe. Each stance she takes is usually one that involves making people more fearful of Muslims.

She also has ties to the RSS in India, a group founded based off of Nazi ideals. She is a wolf in sheeps clothing and she needs to exit the stage before she does more harm.

This is an excellent list of WHY people need to be afraid of Tulsi and her agenda:

Gabbard's failure to launch shows Democrats and information consumers are growing more sophisticated about subversive efforts.

Tulsi Gabbard comes from a family of conservative activists, most famous for their opposition to gay marriage in Hawaii: https://www.jacobinmag.com/2017/05/t...mocratic-party

Tulsi Gabbard has said her personal views on LGBT equality haven't changed as recently as 2015: https://www.ozy.com/rising-stars/tul...-cabinet/62604

Tulsi Gabbard is rated "F" by [Progressive Punch](https://progressivepunch.org/scores....er=down&party=) for voting with Republicans, despite the strong progressive lean of her district: https://imgur.com/wDhVNKq

Tulsi Gabbard was nearly a part of Trump's cabinet at Steve bannon's suggestion:
https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/demo...ry?id=43696303

https://thehill.com/homenews/adminis...abbard-meeting

Tulsi Gabbard has also been praised multiple times by Steve Bannon, Trump's former strategist and prolific white nationalist propagandist: http://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/story/3...nal-interview/

Tulsi Gabbard declined to join 169 Democrats in condemning Trump for appointing Steve Bannon to his cabinet: https://mauitime.com/news/politics/w...tephen-bannon/

Tulsi Gabbard isn't anti-war. She's a self-described hawk against terrorists. Her narrow objections center around efforts to spread democracy:
"In short, when it comes to the war against terrorists, I'm a hawk," Gabbard said. "When it comes to counterproductive wars of regime change, I'm a dove.": https://www.votetulsi.com/node/27796

Tulsi Gabbard copies the rhetoric of Republicans:
Gabbard voted against condemning Bashar al-Assad, president of Syria, and was praised by conservative media for publicly challenging President Barack Obama over his refusal to use the term "Islamic extremism" when discussing terrorism: https://www.washingtontimes.com/news...-say-islamic-/

Tulsi Gabbard also copies the policy of Republicans, voting with them to block Syrian refugees: https://medium.com/@pplswar/tulsi-ga...s-11463d0a7a5a

Tulsi Gabbard has multiple connections to Hindu nationalists:
https://www.alternet.org/civil-liber...-tulsi-gabbard

Tulsi Gabbard frequently repeats Russian talking points and works to legitimize Assad:
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...yria-democrats

Tulsi Gabbard was one of only 3 representatives to not condemn Assad for gassing Syrian civilians and the only Democrat: https://www.congress.gov/bill/114th-...ution/121/text

Tulsi Gabbard has introduced legislation pushed by GOP-megadonor, Sheldon Adelson: https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...A2P0BJ20140326

Tulsi was later awarded a "Champions of Freedom" medal at Adelson's annual gala in 2016: https://www.thedailybeast.com/tulsi-...-fans-can-love
philosophy.
Destroyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2019, 11:00 PM   #30
~RustyGunZ~
(ง'̀-'́)ง

Battle Record: 52-28

Accomplishments
-50+ wins

Champed
-Summer Classic VIII
-Netcees Battle League
-BA Picture
-BA TagTeam
-Fight Night Cypher I
-Fight Night XXXV
-Key Grand Prix 2018 1/2

~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute

Gabbard conspiracy theorist are as big of retarded faggots as Trump supporters and lOcK hEr uP incels
FREE PHAROAHS ARMY
~RustyGunZ~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2019, 12:35 AM   #31
Pharaohs Army
Banned

Battle Record: 6 - 14

Pharaohs Army has a brilliant futurePharaohs Army has a brilliant futurePharaohs Army has a brilliant futurePharaohs Army has a brilliant futurePharaohs Army has a brilliant futurePharaohs Army has a brilliant futurePharaohs Army has a brilliant futurePharaohs Army has a brilliant futurePharaohs Army has a brilliant futurePharaohs Army has a brilliant futurePharaohs Army has a brilliant future

Gabbard is simply wrong on Syria.

She criticizes our "policy of regime change" there.

Guess what? Assad's still there. So we obviously don't have a policy of regime change. If we did, he'd be gone.

We were intervening to prevent a genocide.

She doesn't have her facts straight.
Pharaohs Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2019, 02:22 AM   #32
boof

Quote:
i agree, polls are polls. complete and utter nonsense.

biden isn't the middle of the road guy, he is the establishment middle of the road guy. he's also a bumbling out of touch old perverted fool. no one likes him left right or center, other than heavily entrenched establishment dems.

the media isn't portraying the leftist candidates as radical, their policies are. they may not seem radical in another country, but in america, where there is supposed to be liberty and freedom, they are extremely radical.

there are radical viewpoints the right is for that i disagree with as well, im not attacking them like they are the only nutjobs, just pointing out your views are tinted by things you are for. you need to go after people who aren't for the things you are for. finding one thing you agree on means nothing when you are for 5 other things that they oppose more than anything.

i view myself as the center right leaning person who didn't vote, and has no interest to. the left should be catering to me. im a random middle class working stiff in a swing state. the dems are so far removed from me and others in my position it comes off like they are trying to lose on purpose
not sure what you mean bro. polls are exactly what it's data says. if you mean the select data they show on tv, sure.

being the middle of the road guy and the establishment middle of the road guy is the same thing. biden is still by far the front runner for people over 50. people over 50 are the most likely to vote. he has by far the most support from older african american communities, especially in southern states, including vs trump.

this just sounds like an opinion of yours. it's clear as day that fox news frames every basic social program and anything bernie & aoc say like communism. it's a fact that cnn and msnbc are sponsored by big pharma & health insurance companies and treat medicare for all like an impossibility. it's a fact that jeff bezos owns the washington post and would pay tens of billions of dollars in taxes under a Sanders presidency & they happen to frame his wealth tax as "just plain bad & unfair". there are an endless amount of examples i can recite here. choosing to make healthcare non-profit is not radical. choosing to make public universities less-profit driven is not radical. it's literally the way things were when our parents were kids, and also during our most prosperous middle class era of the last century. the rest of private industry that doesn't serve as a public utility is unaffected. like, you live in ohio bro. haven't you connected the dots that the corporate freedom and liberty of enacting bad trade policy is why youngstown, cleveland, etc look like shit and all the malls are gone and everyones a truck driver? don't you think it's fucked that families have to pay thousands of dollars a month for medication?

skipping this one

listen the policies of a Sanders platform are what they are. They stand for the right things. they've always aimed for the same principals. if they for some reason don't appeal to you, there's nothing anyone's going to do to coax you into it. the goal is to let everyone that would benefit know about it and let them choose. there's at least 100 million people who's lives are seriously saved or dramatically improved under these policies. that's why he has 1.4 million donations, $33 million on hand, $18 at a time from teachers, tradespeople, warehouse workers, truckdrivers, nurses, unions, etc. this is not meant to sound pitchy it's literally just who the majority of his support is from.

but just to see lets pick the last policy he released & u lmk why you don't want it

so say the auto body shop i assume you still work at starts crushing it or sells out to a big vendor and now they're worth 100 mill or decide to go public.... right now & under a trump admin they can and will keep paying you the same amount despite this surge. you might be way busier at work now, or might have added responsibilities for a dollar or two raise, maybe a $500 christmas bonus, obviously as little as they can get away with, that's about it. you have no say. under a sanders presidency the company you work for would give 45% of it's board of director seats to you and your co-workers, voted in by you and your co-workers. every year 2% of the total stock value of that company is given to you and your co-workers, until it hits 20%.

who you goin' with on this one

Last edited by boof; 10-20-2019 at 02:25 AM.
Old 10-20-2019, 04:08 AM   #33
boof

@Destroyer I'm going to respond to every link you gave asap, but can I point out that it seems pretty clear even from the headlines that none of it proves anything about her being a russian asset? And also, what harm do you think she has done?
Old 10-20-2019, 09:11 AM   #34
uh-oh
DA GOD

Champed
- Beat Battle II
- Beat Battle V
- Beat Bags

Quote:
this just sounds like an opinion of yours. it's clear as day that fox news frames every basic social program and anything bernie & aoc say like communism. it's a fact that cnn and msnbc are sponsored by big pharma & health insurance companies and treat medicare for all like an impossibility. it's a fact that jeff bezos owns the washington post and would pay tens of billions of dollars in taxes under a Sanders presidency & they happen to frame his wealth tax as "just plain bad & unfair". there are an endless amount of examples i can recite here. choosing to make healthcare non-profit is not radical. choosing to make public universities less-profit driven is not radical. it's literally the way things were when our parents were kids, and also during our most prosperous middle class era of the last century. the rest of private industry that doesn't serve as a public utility is unaffected. like, you live in ohio bro. haven't you connected the dots that the corporate freedom and liberty of enacting bad trade policy is why youngstown, cleveland, etc look like shit and all the malls are gone and everyones a truck driver? don't you think it's fucked that families have to pay thousands of dollars a month for medication?

skipping this one

listen the policies of a Sanders platform are what they are. They stand for the right things. they've always aimed for the same principals. if they for some reason don't appeal to you, there's nothing anyone's going to do to coax you into it. the goal is to let everyone that would benefit know about it and let them choose. there's at least 100 million people who's lives are seriously saved or dramatically improved under these policies. that's why he has 1.4 million donations, $33 million on hand, $18 at a time from teachers, tradespeople, warehouse workers, truckdrivers, nurses, unions, etc. this is not meant to sound pitchy it's literally just who the majority of his support is from.

but just to see lets pick the last policy he released & u lmk why you don't want it

so say the auto body shop i assume you still work at starts crushing it or sells out to a big vendor and now they're worth 100 mill or decide to go public.... right now & under a trump admin they can and will keep paying you the same amount despite this surge. you might be way busier at work now, or might have added responsibilities for a dollar or two raise, maybe a $500 christmas bonus, obviously as little as they can get away with, that's about it. you have no say. under a sanders presidency the company you work for would give 45% of it's board of director seats to you and your co-workers, voted in by you and your co-workers. every year 2% of the total stock value of that company is given to you and your co-workers, until it hits 20%.

who you goin' with on this one
a decent amount to unpack here.

but basically its like this, there are multiple ways to approach these issues. you want the government to handle these issues, by taxing, regulating and enforcing different measures. i vehemently disagree with letting the government have more power over individual people than they already do.

so basically everything you are pointing to as positives i view negatively from the jump. but im a gay libertarian minded dork. i honestly believe removing government and relying on the free market solves most of these issues, in relation to healthcare, college etc. if the government didn't already back health insurance companies, college loans etc. they would be forced to drop their prices anyways to compete.

so we can agree on there being problems with certain aspects of how things work, but at the end of the day we disagree completely on how to fix them.

i am against giving the state more power and money, because it removes power and money from the people, and theyve proven their incompetence time and time again.

im not for raising taxes on anyone. wealthy or poor. i'm not for expanding social programs. im not for government regulating private businesses and telling them what they should pay employees, etc etc

basically im anti government intervention into all things

i view that as extremely radical and over reaching and directly impacting everyones pursuits of freedoms and personal liberty.
Old 10-20-2019, 09:41 AM   #35
White LGI

Battle Record: 3-3

White LGI White LGI White LGI White LGI White LGI White LGI White LGI White LGI White LGI White LGI White LGI

President don't mean shit..

My life has been exactly the same from the Obama era through Trump's.....shit means nothing to everyday NIGGAZ life
White LGI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2019, 12:11 PM   #36
boof

Quote:
a decent amount to unpack here.

but basically its like this, there are multiple ways to approach these issues. you want the government to handle these issues, by taxing, regulating and enforcing different measures. i vehemently disagree with letting the government have more power over individual people than they already do.

so basically everything you are pointing to as positives i view negatively from the jump. but im a gay libertarian minded dork. i honestly believe removing government and relying on the free market solves most of these issues, in relation to healthcare, college etc. if the government didn't already back health insurance companies, college loans etc. they would be forced to drop their prices anyways to compete.

so we can agree on there being problems with certain aspects of how things work, but at the end of the day we disagree completely on how to fix them.

i am against giving the state more power and money, because it removes power and money from the people, and theyve proven their incompetence time and time again.

im not for raising taxes on anyone. wealthy or poor. i'm not for expanding social programs. im not for government regulating private businesses and telling them what they should pay employees, etc etc

basically im anti government intervention into all things

i view that as extremely radical and over reaching and directly impacting everyones pursuits of freedoms and personal liberty.

i seriously don't get this type of disconnect. don't you understand that the free market bought the government and effectively dictate all industry related legislation? what we live in right now is the result of a poorly regulated corporate class, it is the result of enormous corporate power and greed, and your view on how to fix things is to regulate them less? don't you understand the disfunction of health care, pharmaceuticals is solely because of greed? in a completely free market pharma companies would do exactly what they're doing now. split the market share to not step on each others toes and in unison jack up prices for everyone, which already results in tens of thousands of deaths a year simply from having no regulation on how high prices can be. why do you think without any government interference that this would suddenly drive prices down? where are you getting the idea that they would decide to compete instead of doing what they're doing now? do you realize that these industries have literally never done better in the history of our country? and your solution is to let them do even better and hope they don't continue making everything more unaffordable? did martin shkreli teach you nothing? do you not have family on medication? like legit i don't understand this stance. we spend twice as much on healthcare as any developed nation, this is because of private industry. please make the case of how price gouging stops under less regulation. do you understand that as these industries continue to make trillions of dollars that all of that money goes to billionaires who hoard it in offshore accounts, stocks, assets, literally siphoning it out of the middle & lower class economy? meaning every year this continues, we have less to grab ourselves? this being why the middle class is shrinking and everyone lives paycheck to paycheck? you realize trickle down isn't a thing right?

let me reiterate. congress is made up almost entirely of politicians that do corporate bidding. how can you criticize the government's incompetence without recognizing their actions 100% reflect what the corporate class wants?
Old 10-20-2019, 12:25 PM   #37
boof

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pharaohs Army View Post
Gabbard is simply wrong on Syria.

She criticizes our "policy of regime change" there.

Guess what? Assad's still there. So we obviously don't have a policy of regime change. If we did, he'd be gone.

We were intervening to prevent a genocide.

She doesn't have her facts straight.

let's be clear.

our goal has been to overthrow assad for over a decade. that plan has been in action since 2011.

just because we failed, doesn't mean it wasn't the plan. we've failed in venezuela as well. doesn't mean it wasn't the OBVIOUS plan. maybe you don't understand how regime change works?
Old 10-20-2019, 12:45 PM   #38
uh-oh
DA GOD

Champed
- Beat Battle II
- Beat Battle V
- Beat Bags

its simple really

pharmaceutical companies are like all companies. they are in business to profit. they are jacking up prices because health insurance and the governnment pay those prices. if it costs 1 dollar to make a pill, but i can charge 10, and actually get it, why would i ever charge less?

if you remove the guarantee they are forced to compete. if no one is ensuring i get 10 dollars a pill, im dropping to 9. my competition drops to 8. i gotta drop to 7, etc. etc.

same with college, if the government isn't backing loans, colleges ain't getting money, tuition prices have to drop, everything drops.

you would rather have the government just say, you have to sell your 1 dollar pill for 5 dollars, and we're also gonna tax the fuck out of you because you are too successful.

so more money goes to this entity you view as corrupt, companies and people have less rights to do as they see fit, and the bloat of useless government grows as they have more of our money to misspend and throw down the drain in those same corporate interests you despise
Old 10-20-2019, 01:10 PM   #39
boof

Quote:
its simple really

pharmaceutical companies are like all companies. they are in business to profit. they are jacking up prices because health insurance and the governnment pay those prices. if it costs 1 dollar to make a pill, but i can charge 10, and actually get it, why would i ever charge less?

if you remove the guarantee they are forced to compete. if no one is ensuring i get 10 dollars a pill, im dropping to 9. my competition drops to 8. i gotta drop to 7, etc. etc.

same with college, if the government isn't backing loans, colleges ain't getting money, tuition prices have to drop, everything drops.

you would rather have the government just say, you have to sell your 1 dollar pill for 5 dollars, and we're also gonna tax the fuck out of you because you are too successful.

so more money goes to this entity you view as corrupt, companies and people have less rights to do as they see fit, and the bloat of useless government grows as they have more of our money to misspend and throw down the drain in those same corporate interests you despise
the point is that we are saying there are industries' whose main function shouldn't be to profit like a business, such as ones that are the catalyst of our own people living or dying.

you are looking only at the business side and not at all at the actual intended function of healthcare. which is weird.

if you make this a nonprofit sector, the people who are in business solely to make money can go to a different sector where their product/service is not the determining factor of someone dying or not. the people who are in this sector to genuinely produce medicine & save lives will stay. you act like nobody is interested in actual healthcare, just the profit, when the industries have actually just been corrupted by people more interested in money than healthcare. again, like i said, it didn't used to be this way. and when it didnt, medicine was affordable. 300k people a year weren't going into medical bankruptcy. why are you so purposely dismissive of the dysfunctional and cruel results? you're supporting a system that bankrupts sick people for profit. why do you see healthcare as a money making business instead of a public utility? well, because that's all you know. but that's the result of political choices. but the alternative is beneficial for our entire countries' health, our livelihood, our stability, our quality of life. these things are more important than money.

please answer - where are you getting the idea that the government is the reason pharmaceuticals are guaranteed to receive the outrageous prices they arbitrarily decide upon? you realize 80million people are without insurance or underinsured, but still buy medication directly?

as far as 'you would rather have the government say' this entire section is inaccurate and misrepresented. medicare for all erases all out of pocket costs and pays for the entire system through a tax instead, which saves hundreds of billions of dollars a year for customers. the insurance companies become obsolete, and the money hungry go elsewhere to make their money. prescription costs are capped at $200 a month. whatever profit that results in for pharma companies is what they will make. if that's not enough for them, it's a free market, go to a different sector that doesn't play with peoples lives. that's pretty simple imo.

also you realize these pharma companies are guilty of overprescribing addictive opioids for profit, starting the opioid epidemic, killing millions of people? this is what an essentially free market health care sector turned into. i really dont get why this is something you think should be allowed to continue other than you value the ability to make money over people's lives.
Old 10-20-2019, 01:18 PM   #40
boof

you are essentially saying i would rather have 30k people die every year to allow the pharmaceutical industry the freedom to make 146 billion dollars a year instead of guaranteeing everyone the freedom of not dying and having the pharmaceutical industry make 30 billion a year.

Last edited by boof; 10-20-2019 at 01:40 PM.