Netcees  

Go Back   Netcees > Vault > Archives > The Netcees archive > The Mic Check Topical Audio Tournament

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Old 08-18-2014, 02:15 PM   #1
Mike Wrecka
WOW

Battle Record: 29-25

Champed
- Writing Challenge League I

Mike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant future
Default TMC CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH - Kin vs. kannon (kannon wins)

Due Date : 8-25-14 11:59 PM PST

Verse Length Limit : 4 Minutes

Battlers must use the supplied topic and beat

Topic : Living in Hell

Beat :http://uhoh.bandcamp.com/track/02-satan

Good Luck @Kin @kannon
Old 08-19-2014, 03:43 AM   #2
kannon
kickthekan

Battle Record: 9-6

Champed
- The Mic Check

kannon has a brilliant futurekannon has a brilliant futurekannon has a brilliant futurekannon has a brilliant futurekannon has a brilliant futurekannon has a brilliant futurekannon has a brilliant futurekannon has a brilliant futurekannon has a brilliant futurekannon has a brilliant futurekannon has a brilliant future

see you in hell
Old 08-21-2014, 08:38 PM   #3
Kin
Kill.It.Nonstop

Battle Record: 3-3

Kin has a brilliant futureKin has a brilliant futureKin has a brilliant futureKin has a brilliant futureKin has a brilliant futureKin has a brilliant futureKin has a brilliant futureKin has a brilliant futureKin has a brilliant futureKin has a brilliant futureKin has a brilliant future

ChecKin in
Old 08-24-2014, 04:34 PM   #4
Adonis
Tsk Tsk

Battle Record: 36-34

Champed
- Lime Green Poetry Association
- NFL Pick'em 2016-17

Adonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant future

Can I get a tag when shit is open please?

Thanks mike

TUPAC SHAKUR
Old 08-25-2014, 11:55 AM   #5
Kin
Kill.It.Nonstop

Kin has a brilliant futureKin has a brilliant futureKin has a brilliant futureKin has a brilliant futureKin has a brilliant futureKin has a brilliant futureKin has a brilliant futureKin has a brilliant futureKin has a brilliant futureKin has a brilliant futureKin has a brilliant future

https://soundcloud.com/its-kin/6-fee...-prod-by-uh-oh
Old 08-26-2014, 02:55 AM   #6
kannon
kickthekan

Champed
- The Mic Check

kannon has a brilliant futurekannon has a brilliant futurekannon has a brilliant futurekannon has a brilliant futurekannon has a brilliant futurekannon has a brilliant futurekannon has a brilliant futurekannon has a brilliant futurekannon has a brilliant futurekannon has a brilliant futurekannon has a brilliant future

https://soundcloud.com/kickthekan/living-in-hell

Sorry for the lateness and the sloppyness of my mixing. <3 you all.
Old 08-26-2014, 03:02 AM   #7
kannon
kickthekan

Champed
- The Mic Check

@Adonis
Old 08-26-2014, 05:49 AM   #8
BROKE LESNAR
βгοкε ㄴεςηαг

Battle Record: 9-4

Champed
- 1-2 Punch League

BROKE LESNAR has a brilliant futureBROKE LESNAR has a brilliant futureBROKE LESNAR has a brilliant futureBROKE LESNAR has a brilliant futureBROKE LESNAR has a brilliant futureBROKE LESNAR has a brilliant futureBROKE LESNAR has a brilliant futureBROKE LESNAR has a brilliant futureBROKE LESNAR has a brilliant futureBROKE LESNAR has a brilliant futureBROKE LESNAR has a brilliant future

You guys both had similar stories. Me personally I would have went with a more direct art imitating art living in hell literally kind of approach instead but that's why I don't do topicals lmao. One thing I noticed was that Kin allowed the hook to play out, which was a wise decision on his part bc it gave listeners that brief moment to think ab what he said in the previous verse. I thought it was a great story with crisp delivery, and the story was easier to follow bc of it.

Kannon went straight through with no hesitations. Did you do this without any punch-in's? Bc if so that just makes it even better. Earlier I said Kin made a great choice in the pauses, BUT the exception is just going straight through with no punch-ins. That's how I used to record. But it did kind of drown out a cpl of ur lines. I dug your story maybe a bit more than Kin's, mainly for the ending. When you started realizing you were "living in hell" was a fantastic reveal.

Really really close battle, but I have Kannon taking it. Tbh the moment I saw Kannon sign-up I felt that this was his tourney to win, but Kin's track showed me is that if there's anybody that deserved to be in the finals and given an opportunity to win other than Kannon..it was Kin. I would say the best 3 audio guys on here would go Murda Sho, Kannon, and now Kin.

Good stuff guys.

v-Kannon
Old 08-26-2014, 06:44 PM   #9
Badweather
Chillin' like FUCK!!!

Battle Record: 1-1

Badweather Badweather Badweather Badweather Badweather Badweather Badweather Badweather Badweather Badweather Badweather

This is definitely a close battle, but not too close to call.

Kin, your mixing and lyrics were pretty fuckin' fire dude, i can't lie. The story was enthralling as well.

kannon, i had no idea where you were going with your verse, but the levels and perspectives you added made it a very compelling and complex listen.

neither track has any replay value for me, but i did find that i was more interested in what kannon was talking about. in spite of a couple of awkward rhyming/syllable moments in the song, i found i was much more into kan's track. which won my vote. very simply how engaging the story was.

vote- kannon

click blao

Chill Phil

My rep hand is NOT WAY strong anymore.
Old 08-27-2014, 01:34 AM   #10
Certain
Mad fucking dangerous.

Battle Record: 40-19

Champed
- AOWL Season 3
- Art of Writing League (2x)

Certain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond repute

Kin: You fit well on this beat. You adjust your style to beats well, I've noticed. The first verse worked really well, but you stumbled a little with your flow in the second. Sometimes you overpronounce your rhymes. I've noticed this on everything you've done, but it was really evident in the third verse. But your storytelling was crisp, and your horseness worked on this verse better than I expected. This was a good track, one that you should feel fine keeping as a song for future use. But smoothing out a few rough spots and coming up with something better to do on the hook would be good. You improved in every round, and this was your best track.

kannon: I was really hoping the Butterfinger would reappear at the end. This was really good. It reminded me of The Mind Assassin's thread as far as the story goes. And you were just relentless over this beat. Rapping over the vocal sample was a really good move, as it heightened the drama of the story. You could have stripped back some of the more complex wording to make the story a little easier to follow. But by the third listen, I had pieced it together. I do think you need to go over this and probably re-record it if you want to use it in the future, but the production value wasn't bad enough to cost you a win for telling a more compelling tale and riding the beat better.

Vote: kannon
Old 08-27-2014, 07:25 AM   #11
Bxyunggritty

Bxyunggritty is an unknown quantity at this point

First off shout out to both emcees on this final collaboration
both showed up and did there thing
now as for riding the beat
Kannon u conquered that u gotta hell of a flow
and i think the beginning was a little to soft 4 me
kin stuck to topic of living in hell
wit a story so deep motherfuckers are over looking it
I can't lie both these tracks are dope
and to be honest I vote Kin on this one
cuz I dug the deeper meaning Behind it
and kannon u got Good story lines
but bar 4 bar Kin took this in my opinion
good match

v-Kin
Old 08-27-2014, 03:24 PM   #12
Bodey

Champed
- Guerrilla writing league

Bodey has a brilliant futureBodey has a brilliant futureBodey has a brilliant futureBodey has a brilliant futureBodey has a brilliant futureBodey has a brilliant futureBodey has a brilliant futureBodey has a brilliant futureBodey has a brilliant futureBodey has a brilliant futureBodey has a brilliant future

Wow this was an incredibly close battle. Both did really good sticking with the topic, both had fluid flows and great storytelling ability

Kin - enjoyed your track, amazing talent with vocals, flow, and lyrics. Liked how you let the 6 feet under part play, as well as the twist at the end. Solid track

Kannon - slightly different approach as far as characters. At first I didn't like how you rapped over the 6 feet under part but I realized you had to to get all that material in there. The shit at the end was mad good though. I said wow out loud. Pretty dope. Literally living in hell. I feel like it took a little too long to get to the climax, the fact that he was living in hell. So crazy.

This was an extremely hard decision. I been avoiding this thread for days cuz I listened to both your tracks multiple times and knew I liked both and didn't wana just choose one. Kin, loved how your story was intertwined and a big metaphor for living in hell. Kannon, I loved how you went literal w it- guy lives a life of evil, dies as a result of his bad choices, and lives in hell forever re-living the last moments before he was killed forever.

Love you both but I vote Kannon
Old 08-28-2014, 01:08 AM   #13
PairADyce
www.pairadyce.com

PairADyce has a brilliant futurePairADyce has a brilliant futurePairADyce has a brilliant futurePairADyce has a brilliant futurePairADyce has a brilliant futurePairADyce has a brilliant futurePairADyce has a brilliant futurePairADyce has a brilliant futurePairADyce has a brilliant futurePairADyce has a brilliant futurePairADyce has a brilliant future

Cool stuff, wish I coulda joined the tourney but this beat woulda killed me.

Both tracks were interesting.

Kin, I think you had a decent concept but to me it sounded like a familiar story in a way. Like there isn't much new you can do with a drug story. Also some of the quality was a bit choppy on punch instant the hook felt empty, I wish you did something with it.

Kannon, I wasn't expecting to like your track but as the story went along your flow really kept it together. I was impressed at your word choice where nothing seemed forced to make the story work. I was on the fence at first not hearing a hook but as a whole, it works. I think the execution was dope.

V/Kannon
Old 08-30-2014, 02:01 AM   #14
Adonis
Tsk Tsk

Battle Record: 36-34

Champed
- Lime Green Poetry Association
- NFL Pick'em 2016-17

Adonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant future

Kin - Dope opener. I like the flow alot. Other kids opiates...Thumbs up....Griddy story because I sense no hope going into the chorus. I enjoy the dark side of life. I picture a kid in the mirror who is just so far gone on that shit he don't recognize himself. Dope imagery. So far the flow is sick and message is strong. in the end, I'm not sure what you were going for conceptually. You had a dope track detailing a few paths, but ended abruptly. This was a full length track and the fact that there is more to be desired is not good. When your tracks (see what I did there?) is over I should have either an eye opening finisher or truly grasp the concept in pure form. In your case, i feel like you did not accomplish this. I get the concept, I do. But as an outside listener, not an avid enjoyer of dope production and attentive attention to detail regarding a writers concept, I felt a bit short changed.

Kan - Your voice sucks dick ;)... Your father as your first love being a drug is a dope concept. No going around that. Heroin. I dig concept, a kid stealing shit in school/ from friends or family just to get that first high. But it's never the same. Good flow, and the fact that you rhymed faggot with handsome is thumbs up!! Great flow with first conversation with god. no chorus. Enjoyed. You paint a clear, vivid image with your words. I feel like you realized this is your strength, to paint a still picture over a paragraph and make it not only flow, but not gay. The ending was just nuts, def not expected. The writing was actually good though, not just the flow. You physically bodied this beat (WHAT UP oh?). This track, aside from the quality not being top notch, was top notch. I liked the no chorus again, kept fluidity of story at a subtle pace.

Voting Kan Diggs

in a word

Better

Two solid tracks, but only one is better.

Thoroughly enjoyed this toruney @Mike Wrecka and all competitors. I vouch to participate next time around.

Ayo Kin, my dude Grim wasn't interested. Surprising, but he's pretty grimey with his raps, not sure why not, just saying.

TUPAC SHAKUR

Last edited by Adonis; 08-30-2014 at 02:06 AM.
Old 08-30-2014, 06:41 AM   #15
Kin
Kill.It.Nonstop

Appreciate all da votez...good Show Kannon...

My 3rd verse is the father of the kid....so the father sellin drugz ends up havin his own son od on his brand hes sellin...feel I gotta explain that cuz its getting missed maybe....but tha fact I feel I gotta say that proves I didnt.make.it clear enough....all good tho

Good shit Kan
Old 09-01-2014, 10:50 AM   #16
Mike Wrecka
WOW

Battle Record: 29-25

Champed
- Writing Challenge League I

Mike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant future

this was a dope battle. two great emcees going at it. a worthy finals match up

Kin - really enjoyed this verse. you rode the beat well. you got a gritty voice and style. the story was really cool. I think its being underlooked, the irony of the dad selling the heroine that caused his son to OD. that's kind of deep. I like the fact that you didn't spit over the hook but I do wish you did a little more with it. overall a really sick track. and ive listened to it a shit load more times.

kannon - ya this was dope. your a really good lyricist man. and storyteller. you really know how to ride a beat. didn't like that you spit over the hook. found it distracting. kins track sounds better. slightly. like if I heard a ten second snippet of both songs I would like kins better but your storytelling ability puts you above in some aspects. iono its close as hell

I think I just enjoy Kins more east coast centric style over kannons west coast underground vibe. in a battle this close im going to which track I personally like better and im going with

vote - kin