Netcees  

Go Back   Netcees > Vault > Archives > Art of Writing League Season X > AOWL Season X Archieves
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

User Tag List

Old 04-30-2022, 11:38 PM   #121
Dominate
Tread Lightly.

Battle Record: 26-9

Champed
- Netcees Battle League
- Battle Arena
- Tag Team Tournament III
- Tag Tournament: "Omicron Variant"

Dominate has a brilliant futureDominate has a brilliant futureDominate has a brilliant futureDominate has a brilliant futureDominate has a brilliant futureDominate has a brilliant futureDominate has a brilliant futureDominate has a brilliant futureDominate has a brilliant futureDominate has a brilliant futureDominate has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Universe View Post
Can't see the genius? Anyone wanna inform these guys of my GWL run? I told interconnecting stories every week, each one continuing from the last. They were literally chapters forming an overarching narrative.

I'm so ahead you guys think I'm behind... ugh.
I don’t think you’re behind. Sorry if you took offense to anything I said. You’ve been nothing but a credit to the league and I’m just trying to find a solution that keeps you around while also advocating for what I think would make the league run better overall. GWL run sounds like exactly what I was describing - why not do that again?
Old 04-30-2022, 11:43 PM   #122
NYCSPITZ
SYRACUSE

Battle Record: 31-37

Champed
- Write Night II
- Alias Topical Tournament

NYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant future

Universe nyc Dom Frank adverse Lars etc. This league hasn’t had that much depth on the roster in years…why not do what dom said and do the overarching story thing in 40 line segments
Old 04-30-2022, 11:55 PM   #123
Universe
Everything's Connected

Battle Record: 19-8

Champed
- Guerrilla Writing League(2x)
- GWL Picture challenge(2x)
- Art of Writing League

Universe has a brilliant futureUniverse has a brilliant futureUniverse has a brilliant futureUniverse has a brilliant futureUniverse has a brilliant futureUniverse has a brilliant futureUniverse has a brilliant futureUniverse has a brilliant futureUniverse has a brilliant futureUniverse has a brilliant futureUniverse has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominate View Post
I don’t think you’re behind. Sorry if you took offense to anything I said. You’ve been nothing but a credit to the league and I’m just trying to find a solution that keeps you around while also advocating for what I think would make the league run better overall. GWL run sounds like exactly what I was describing - why not do that again?
Not you, Dom. Shoulda quoted NYC, sorry.

And doing anything "again" doesn't interest me, man. I'm not here to build up wins or champ stuff, I'm here to challenge myself. Hence, Project X etc. . 100 lines I can do some crazy shit with and don't have to hold back too much. That interests me.

You guys have to understand that I shit out 60 lines for breakfast. I actually write about 200 per piece and edit DOWN to 100.

And, full disclosure, I write screenplays on the side and have one filming in Germany right now. This is what I do. I write stories. I just don't want to hear from tourists telling me this or telling me that. I LIVE here, and I know what challenges me and what I'm looking for.

That said, I certainly don't view myself as bigger than the league that is filled with talented writers like yourself, Dom. And Adverse. So I'm not looking for special treatment - I want everyone on board or I'll jump off and swim elsewhere. It's all the same to me.

I love just sitting back and voting too so maybe that's where I will benefit the league most.
Old 05-01-2022, 12:27 AM   #124
Adverse
low tide in serotonin bay

Battle Record: 37-28

Champed
- GWL Picture Challenge
- Guerrilla Writing League
- Black August II

Adverse has a brilliant futureAdverse has a brilliant futureAdverse has a brilliant futureAdverse has a brilliant futureAdverse has a brilliant futureAdverse has a brilliant futureAdverse has a brilliant futureAdverse has a brilliant futureAdverse has a brilliant futureAdverse has a brilliant futureAdverse has a brilliant future

Line limit is so tricky, definitely something I’ve had trouble with in my few go’s at league running. Hard to find a balance, personally I find myself in both situations. Sometimes I’m good with 40 and sometimes I go out on a tangent and am 50 lines over the line limit before I even realize it. I think Universe is just on a whole other planet with this stuff, and he is definitely not the norm. I see the voting gripes with longer verses and such as well. At the end of the day this league is a democracy and I’ll post a poll to figure a good solution for the benefit of the majority
Old 05-01-2022, 12:33 AM   #125
Adverse

Champed
- GWL Picture Challenge
- Black August II

Adverse has a brilliant futureAdverse has a brilliant futureAdverse has a brilliant futureAdverse has a brilliant futureAdverse has a brilliant futureAdverse has a brilliant futureAdverse has a brilliant futureAdverse has a brilliant futureAdverse has a brilliant futureAdverse has a brilliant futureAdverse has a brilliant future

@Frank sorry for deleting your vote man once battles hit 4-0 or 4-1 we kind of close and move on so we can keep the league on a decent pace. Everybody voting weekly isn’t a requirement at the moment because we’ve been blessed by having great voting this year, so as long as we’ve got that going, you don’t have to fret about a vote count or anything I just ask you participate and vote on what you can get to

Appreciate everyone let’s get this Dom/Eviction battle settled so we can get the next week going
Old 05-01-2022, 12:41 AM   #126
Universe
Everything's Connected

Battle Record: 19-8

Champed
- Guerrilla Writing League(2x)
- GWL Picture challenge(2x)
- Art of Writing League

Universe has a brilliant futureUniverse has a brilliant futureUniverse has a brilliant futureUniverse has a brilliant futureUniverse has a brilliant futureUniverse has a brilliant futureUniverse has a brilliant futureUniverse has a brilliant futureUniverse has a brilliant futureUniverse has a brilliant futureUniverse has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adverse View Post
Line limit is so tricky, definitely something I’ve had trouble with in my few go’s at league running. Hard to find a balance, personally I find myself in both situations. Sometimes I’m good with 40 and sometimes I go out on a tangent and am 50 lines over the line limit before I even realize it. I think Universe is just on a whole other planet with this stuff, and he is definitely not the norm. I see the voting gripes with longer verses and such as well. At the end of the day this league is a democracy and I’ll post a poll to figure a good solution for the benefit of the majority
No need, Ad. I'm definitely the odd man out. I'll just sign out here but stay on as a voter.

Just make Dom vs Eviction a Champ match. It's good enough and both deserve it.
Old 05-01-2022, 01:10 AM   #127
Dominate
Tread Lightly.

Champed
- Netcees Battle League
- Battle Arena

Dominate has a brilliant futureDominate has a brilliant futureDominate has a brilliant futureDominate has a brilliant futureDominate has a brilliant futureDominate has a brilliant futureDominate has a brilliant futureDominate has a brilliant futureDominate has a brilliant futureDominate has a brilliant futureDominate has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Universe View Post
Not you, Dom. Shoulda quoted NYC, sorry.

And doing anything "again" doesn't interest me, man. I'm not here to build up wins or champ stuff, I'm here to challenge myself. Hence, Project X etc. . 100 lines I can do some crazy shit with and don't have to hold back too much. That interests me.

You guys have to understand that I shit out 60 lines for breakfast. I actually write about 200 per piece and edit DOWN to 100.

And, full disclosure, I write screenplays on the side and have one filming in Germany right now. This is what I do. I write stories. I just don't want to hear from tourists telling me this or telling me that. I LIVE here, and I know what challenges me and what I'm looking for.

That said, I certainly don't view myself as bigger than the league that is filled with talented writers like yourself, Dom. And Adverse. So I'm not looking for special treatment - I want everyone on board or I'll jump off and swim elsewhere. It's all the same to me.

I love just sitting back and voting too so maybe that's where I will benefit the league most.
Alright man, fair enough. Maybe project X + votes is the best thing then after all.

Re: being a tourist. What kind of feedback are you looking for on what you post? Like, what aspects of your writing would you like me/others to critique? You feed/vote basically everything in here so I would want to try to pay it back, but I don't want to give you an opinion you're not interested in hearing.

Quote:
No need, Ad. I'm definitely the odd man out. I'll just sign out here but stay on as a voter.

Just make Dom vs Eviction a Champ match. It's good enough and both deserve it.
I think Adverse deserves a spot in the champ match if you're not going ahead... Me vs Eviction looks like it's going to be a pain to wrap up this week. It's 3-3 now, how about call it a tie and let's have a 3 way champ match next week, capped at 40 lines each? @Adverse @Eviction?
Old 05-01-2022, 01:27 AM   #128
Eviction
Detained

Battle Record: 16-11

Eviction Eviction Eviction Eviction Eviction Eviction Eviction Eviction Eviction Eviction Eviction

works for me.
Old 05-01-2022, 01:29 AM   #129
Adverse

Champed
- GWL Picture Challenge
- Black August II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eviction View Post
works for me.
That’s fine with me as well , we just got to get this objective Hal0 battle settled then we’re in business for next week
Old 05-01-2022, 01:35 AM   #130
Eviction
Detained

Eviction Eviction Eviction Eviction Eviction Eviction Eviction Eviction Eviction Eviction Eviction

do you get an accomp for champing or just champing the season?
Old 05-01-2022, 02:07 AM   #131
Dominate
Tread Lightly.

Champed
- Netcees Battle League
- Battle Arena

Both I believe. At least that’s how it was in the NBL back in the day.
Old 05-01-2022, 03:25 AM   #132
Candy
Sell Her

Battle Record: 1-3

Candy has a brilliant futureCandy has a brilliant futureCandy has a brilliant futureCandy has a brilliant futureCandy has a brilliant futureCandy has a brilliant futureCandy has a brilliant futureCandy has a brilliant futureCandy has a brilliant futureCandy has a brilliant futureCandy has a brilliant future

is there a booby prize for loosing every battle :)
Old 05-01-2022, 10:32 AM   #133
Frank

Champed
- NWL Season 2
- Art of Writing League (5x)
- Lime Green Poetry Association
- AOWL Season 6
- AOWL Season 10

Frank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant future

Quote:
@Frank sorry for deleting your vote man once battles hit 4-0 or 4-1 we kind of close and move on so we can keep the league on a decent pace. Everybody voting weekly isn’t a requirement at the moment because we’ve been blessed by having great voting this year, so as long as we’ve got that going, you don’t have to fret about a vote count or anything I just ask you participate and vote on what you can get to

Appreciate everyone let’s get this Dom/Eviction battle settled so we can get the next week going
IMO, Voting is the number 1 priority. Start deducting and applying penalties to non-voters, IMO? 5-0 is universal as far as shutting down battles, as far as I'm concerned, 4-0 and 4-1 are not.
As the mod, you should cast the final vote on those 2 battles now and set up next weeks matches (with new rules specifying voting rules and due dates.)
Battles should be posted Monday Morning.
Due Thursday Night(Extension Friday Night)
And closed Sunday Night.

Last edited by Frank; 05-01-2022 at 11:01 AM.
Old 05-01-2022, 11:03 AM   #134
Eviction
Detained

I'm in the lead now but I'm still cool with the 3 way
Old 05-01-2022, 11:05 AM   #135
Eviction
Detained

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy View Post
is there a booby prize for loosing every battle :)
I don't know about boobies but loser has to go on a date with aj/sinacog
Old 05-01-2022, 01:04 PM   #136
Candy
Sell Her

Battle Record: 1-3

Candy has a brilliant futureCandy has a brilliant futureCandy has a brilliant futureCandy has a brilliant futureCandy has a brilliant futureCandy has a brilliant futureCandy has a brilliant futureCandy has a brilliant futureCandy has a brilliant futureCandy has a brilliant futureCandy has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eviction View Post
I don't know about boobies but loser has to go on a date with aj/sinacog
respect i love age

check it this was promo for the last ppv we did at i was battling a disciple.. just wait til you hear who they think i am with.. you guessed it age/sinagoc that sexy lil beast hehe :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OHWySjArXUg
Old 05-01-2022, 01:08 PM   #137
Eviction
Detained

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy View Post
respect i love age

check it this was promo for the last ppv we did at i was battling a disciple.. just wait til you hear who they think i am with.. you guessed it age/sinagoc that sexy lil beast hehe :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OHWySjArXUg
so you saying that's not a punishment hehe.
Old 05-01-2022, 01:14 PM   #138
Eviction
Detained

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adonis View Post

As I stated just two days ago I lost a friend to cirosis

sorry, that's how my mother passed, it's hard to watch someone go through that.
Old 05-01-2022, 01:37 PM   #139
Adverse

Champed
- GWL Picture Challenge
- Black August II

Technically @Eviction is up by a vote, do you guys want to still call it a tie @Dominate and do the three way champ match next week?
Old 05-01-2022, 03:43 PM   #140
Dominate
Tread Lightly.

Champed
- Netcees Battle League
- Battle Arena

Quote:
Technically @Eviction is up by a vote, do you guys want to still call it a tie @Dominate and do the three way champ match next week?
WAY TO RUIN EVERYTHING @Objective LOL jk.
The other battle still needs votes right? So maybe leave ours open and hopefully we could get one more vote, which would either give Eviction the win via a 2 vote margin or else bring us back to a tie. If it stays at 4-3 then ??? I mean I have a vested interest to say so but I think that’s more of a tie than a win/loss. If Eviction’s cool with it then let’s still do the 3 way. I’m OK with whatever, just don’t let that battle prevent the league from moving on if the other one wraps up is what I’m saying.

Last edited by Dominate; 05-01-2022 at 03:47 PM.