Netcees  

Go Back   Netcees > Forum > Discussion Board

User Tag List

Old 09-30-2018, 01:37 PM   #1
Chill Phil
World's Heaviest Ghost

Chill Phil has a brilliant futureChill Phil has a brilliant futureChill Phil has a brilliant futureChill Phil has a brilliant futureChill Phil has a brilliant futureChill Phil has a brilliant futureChill Phil has a brilliant futureChill Phil has a brilliant futureChill Phil has a brilliant futureChill Phil has a brilliant futureChill Phil has a brilliant future
Default October 2nd is my first anniversary as a professional welder

The older I get, the faster time goes by, it seems.

Anyways...

Like the thread title says! Made it through my first year production welding, and a major purge of personnel that weren't up to standard. It shook me and reinforced me all at once.

But yo...my life straight up 180'd ever since I threw out 90% of my belongings and drove cross-country. I'm feeling good about life in general, which hasn't been a thing.

Also, I recorded an interview that got edited pretty good.

Old 09-30-2018, 01:50 PM   #2
uh-oh
DA GOD

Battle Record: 1-0

Champed
- Beat Battle II
- Beat Battle V
- Beat Bags

uh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant future

props man

i gotta learn welding. im leaving a ton of money on the table since i can't weld at my job, and alot of the welding jobs are relatively simple, outside of like fabricating a piece for something you can't just buy. but the majority of the welding jobs are like a rocker panel, or a patch for a quarter panel or bedside of a truck for example. where i would just cut out the bad part, and then weld the good part on, grind it down etc.

they've offered me free hours to learn so i might start next week, my pops knows that shit so i can have him walk me through it. my boss, who is my age and knows literally nothing is fine with me just tinkering with the welder and shit unsupervised and im like, ehhh nah i'm good. im worried about catching shit on fire though.

not sure what your welding job is like but i'm assuming its factory type manufacturing welding? but when i do begin welding on actual cars and shit i gotta worry about a spark flying and catching the interior of something on fire, or when working on bedsides or quarters im right but the gastank/gas doors and shit. obviously we have blankets and shit you use to put inbetween stuff

but word i just have to get over my own fear of fucking up. because those welding jobs i have to pass over to the main body guy pay crazy hours and alot of the time are much quicker and simpler than fixing a mangled door or something.

i might have some QUESTIONS. once i begin tinkering with it for tips and shit. i think we just got a big mig welder i think? maybe tig i dont know one of those sounds right lol, but its just a cart that rolls around. i remember finding out that it actually has a wire and being like ohhh that makes sense. i used to think you just melted the metal that was already there, but its like a wire being fed out and melting to get the two metals to bond or whatever. thats how ignorant i am of the process
Old 09-30-2018, 01:51 PM   #3
Diablo
Badgerdick

Battle Record: 11-2

Champed
- Art of Writing League

Diablo has a brilliant futureDiablo has a brilliant futureDiablo has a brilliant futureDiablo has a brilliant futureDiablo has a brilliant futureDiablo has a brilliant futureDiablo has a brilliant futureDiablo has a brilliant futureDiablo has a brilliant futureDiablo has a brilliant futureDiablo has a brilliant future

dope shit bruh

sometimes you just gotta start over

I found that out this year

started with a clean break but I’m doing well

Nessynergy is real
Diablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2018, 02:09 PM   #4
Aero
GOAT

Battle Record: 14-17

Champed
- Site Diss Competition
- Tag Tournament III
- Lyric Olympics
- Tag Tournament: "Omicron Variant"

Aero Aero Aero Aero Aero Aero Aero Aero Aero Aero Aero

This coon ass nigga just made a thread bc he got through one year of welding. Are we serious? He lives rent free with a white woman and plays step dad to her orphan daughter. Is this the era we’re in now? The Self Improvement Dad era? I’m done with this site if that’s the case I don’t care about Finny graduating to pizza toppings, I don’t care about ill nik-a buying a fish tank and I definitely don’t care about Ghost1’s all of the sudden enlightenment period. Where’s @Strikta please tell us about your day.

Aero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2018, 02:14 PM   #5
Geno
White Earl

Battle Record: 10-15

Accomplishments
- Open Mic HOF (4x)

Champed
- Netcees Writers League
- Write Week I
- Write Week 8

Geno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to Geno

Congrats. Stay the course. Your a good man phil.

Time indeed does go much quicmer with every passing moment. I dont like it.

Also. Have to admit. Im really surprised aero didnt take a stab at me as well there. Curioser and curioser
Old 09-30-2018, 02:21 PM   #6
Amen
As-salamu alaykum!

Battle Record: 19-8

Champed
- 1-2 Punch League Season 6

Amen Amen Amen Amen Amen Amen Amen Amen Amen Amen Amen

Gaining that union weight, nigga.
Amen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2018, 03:03 PM   #7
Chill Phil
World's Heaviest Ghost

Chill Phil has a brilliant futureChill Phil has a brilliant futureChill Phil has a brilliant futureChill Phil has a brilliant futureChill Phil has a brilliant futureChill Phil has a brilliant futureChill Phil has a brilliant futureChill Phil has a brilliant futureChill Phil has a brilliant futureChill Phil has a brilliant futureChill Phil has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by uh-oh View Post
props man

i gotta learn welding. im leaving a ton of money on the table since i can't weld at my job, and alot of the welding jobs are relatively simple, outside of like fabricating a piece for something you can't just buy. but the majority of the welding jobs are like a rocker panel, or a patch for a quarter panel or bedside of a truck for example. where i would just cut out the bad part, and then weld the good part on, grind it down etc.

they've offered me free hours to learn so i might start next week, my pops knows that shit so i can have him walk me through it. my boss, who is my age and knows literally nothing is fine with me just tinkering with the welder and shit unsupervised and im like, ehhh nah i'm good. im worried about catching shit on fire though.

not sure what your welding job is like but i'm assuming its factory type manufacturing welding? but when i do begin welding on actual cars and shit i gotta worry about a spark flying and catching the interior of something on fire, or when working on bedsides or quarters im right but the gastank/gas doors and shit. obviously we have blankets and shit you use to put inbetween stuff

but word i just have to get over my own fear of fucking up. because those welding jobs i have to pass over to the main body guy pay crazy hours and alot of the time are much quicker and simpler than fixing a mangled door or something.

i might have some QUESTIONS. once i begin tinkering with it for tips and shit. i think we just got a big mig welder i think? maybe tig i dont know one of those sounds right lol, but its just a cart that rolls around. i remember finding out that it actually has a wire and being like ohhh that makes sense. i used to think you just melted the metal that was already there, but its like a wire being fed out and melting to get the two metals to bond or whatever. thats how ignorant i am of the process

Yeah, I weld in a nice sized factory. Big ass "kits," come in and we put it all together, tack it, and then weld it. Right now I'm doing 18 foot dozer blades. Which takes two people that know what they're doing about 9 hours start to finish.

I would think Tig welding would be safer on cars, particularly near the gas tank. Tig is the only process where using filler metal or base metal can be optional.

I do mig welding at the shop. If I were to suggest a process I'd recommend fcaw (stick) welding. You can do that shit outside. That's where the serious money is. TIG can pay well too because they use that process for.aircraft...but the pressure is immense because if your weld breaks, shit rolls down hill. Instead.of the company taking the blame, they'll place that responsibility on the welder.

Do it uh-oh. If you have any inclination at all towards it...it pays big, and is relatively easy once you figure out technique
Old 09-30-2018, 03:07 PM   #8
Chill Phil
World's Heaviest Ghost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genocide View Post
Congrats. Stay the course. Your a good man phil.

Time indeed does go much quicmer with every passing moment. I dont like it.

Also. Have to admit. Im really surprised aero didnt take a stab at me as well there. Curioser and curioser
Thanks brother! Aero sticks to character pretty well, so he probably would've taken a shot at you if you had posted something before he did.

But real talk though... everyone seems to be on the up and up, or at least hitting some sort of adult stride.

It's fucking nice
Old 09-30-2018, 03:07 PM   #9
dull boy
consults Lloyd

Battle Record: 0-8

Champed
-1-2 Punch League Roast

dull boy has a brilliant futuredull boy has a brilliant futuredull boy has a brilliant futuredull boy has a brilliant futuredull boy has a brilliant futuredull boy has a brilliant futuredull boy has a brilliant futuredull boy has a brilliant futuredull boy has a brilliant futuredull boy has a brilliant futuredull boy has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by uh-oh View Post
props man

Combination pipe welding is where the money is.
dull boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2018, 03:12 PM   #10
uh-oh
DA GOD

Battle Record: 1-0

Champed
- Beat Battle II
- Beat Battle V
- Beat Bags

uh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chill Phil View Post
Yeah, I weld in a nice sized factory. Big ass "kits," come in and we put it all together, tack it, and then weld it. Right now I'm doing 18 foot dozer blades. Which takes two people that know what they're doing about 9 hours start to finish.

I would think Tig welding would be safer on cars, particularly near the gas tank. Tig is the only process where using filler metal or base metal can be optional.

I do mig welding at the shop. If I were to suggest a process I'd recommend fcaw (stick) welding. You can do that shit outside. That's where the serious money is. TIG can pay well too because they use that process for.aircraft...but the pressure is immense because if your weld breaks, shit rolls down hill. Instead.of the company taking the blame, they'll place that responsibility on the welder.

Do it uh-oh. If you have any inclination at all towards it...it pays big, and is relatively easy once you figure out technique
word i don't want to be an actual welder by profession, i'm content with doing body work honestly, i enjoy it. there are only two things i can't do, which is operate the frame rack/frame machine, (used for pulling dented frames and huge things you can't pull by hand), and welding. i really just need the basic skill of welding, and even alot of it is pretty simple because we can do alot of shit, somethings don't require a full weld, like i can cut out a piece, and have the new piece be slightly bigger, and just hammer the one down, so the new piece overlaps, so you don't need it super precise how you cut it or whatever, just put like 5 spot welds on something so its held together and then just seam seal/grind/put body filler and smooth it out

so i just need to start doing it. the frame machines a bit more difficult because we got an old school one that works off measurements and shit manually, where as if i end up going to a dealership or a shop thats up to date there frame machines got lasers and computer shit i've never messed with/learned.

but yea man im gonna get into it. next week i'll basically just be taking scrap metal that we got around the shop and welding shit together, getting a feel for the machine and temperatures and shit so im not melting through things etc.

i just gotta remind myself i knew nothing of the numerous things i already do, and i was shook to mess up when starting those so this should be no different.

except i can burn the shop down of course lol
Old 09-30-2018, 05:36 PM   #11
veritas
HALL OF FAME

Battle Record: 3-5

veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas

You are charismatic, eloquent, articulate, and fascinating. You are forever my guy. I am proud of you and wish continual blessings upon you, Phil. RTF.
The cerebral assassin, the molder of minds, the Omni potent being. Time transcending traveler, wisdom incarnate. Veritas needs no intro but I guess I have to. He’s not know in the battling world but who doesn’t know veritas? The guy us always original and if you pay attention to his bars, dude brings the heat.. The gawd.
veritas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2018, 06:11 PM   #12
Victor.
Punchline Prettyboy

Battle Record: 7-0

Champed
- Fight Night 6

Victor. has a brilliant futureVictor. has a brilliant futureVictor. has a brilliant futureVictor. has a brilliant futureVictor. has a brilliant futureVictor. has a brilliant futureVictor. has a brilliant futureVictor. has a brilliant futureVictor. has a brilliant futureVictor. has a brilliant futureVictor. has a brilliant future

Very glad to see you thriving
Old 09-30-2018, 06:41 PM   #13
cac lover
Banned

Accomplishments
-eating white dick

cac lover has a brilliant futurecac lover has a brilliant futurecac lover has a brilliant futurecac lover has a brilliant futurecac lover has a brilliant futurecac lover has a brilliant futurecac lover has a brilliant futurecac lover has a brilliant futurecac lover has a brilliant futurecac lover has a brilliant futurecac lover has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aero View Post
This coon ass nigga just made a thread bc he got through one year of welding. Are we serious? He lives rent free with a white woman and plays step dad to her orphan daughter. Is this the era we’re in now? The Self Improvement Dad era? I’m done with this site if that’s the case I don’t care about Finny graduating to pizza toppings, I don’t care about ill nik-a buying a fish tank and I definitely don’t care about Ghost1’s all of the sudden enlightenment period. Where’s @Strikta please tell us about your day.

Damn ***. Tell them why you mad
cac lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2018, 08:27 PM   #14
Aero
GOAT

Champed
- Site Diss Competition
- Tag Tournament III
- Lyric Olympics

Quote:
Originally Posted by veritas View Post
You are charismatic, eloquent, articulate, and fascinating. You are forever my guy. I am proud of you and wish continual blessings upon you, Phil. RTF.

Do you have anything positive to say about me?

Old 09-30-2018, 09:10 PM   #15
Inno
Ad mini tator

Battle Record: 26-54

Champed
- Lime Green Poetry Association
- Black August
- 1-2 Punch League

Inno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond repute

Aero mad Phil isn’t a stereotypical black dude.

How ironic
Inno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2018, 09:17 PM   #16
veritas
HALL OF FAME

veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas

Quote:
Do you have anything positive to say about me?
Not until you stop lying. But you knew I would say that sir.
The cerebral assassin, the molder of minds, the Omni potent being. Time transcending traveler, wisdom incarnate. Veritas needs no intro but I guess I have to. He’s not know in the battling world but who doesn’t know veritas? The guy us always original and if you pay attention to his bars, dude brings the heat.. The gawd.
Old 09-30-2018, 10:03 PM   #17
Aero
GOAT

Champed
- Site Diss Competition
- Tag Tournament III
- Lyric Olympics

Kk

Last edited by Aero; 10-01-2018 at 04:43 AM.
Old 10-01-2018, 11:49 AM   #18
Geno
White Earl

Battle Record: 10-15

Accomplishments
- Open Mic HOF (4x)

Champed
- Netcees Writers League
- Write Week I
- Write Week 8

Geno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to Geno

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chill Phil View Post
Thanks brother! Aero sticks to character pretty well, so he probably would've taken a shot at you if you had posted something before he did.

But real talk though... everyone seems to be on the up and up, or at least hitting some sort of adult stride.

It's fucking nice

Ya bromey. I could never go back to living the way the former version of me was living. Id rather not exist than have to exist under those conditions again. Ever
Old 10-01-2018, 12:05 PM   #19
veritas
HALL OF FAME

on the second watch. Phil: Work on not rubbing your hands together, that did convey some awkward nervousness.

All love, man.
Old 10-01-2018, 01:29 PM   #20
cac lover
Banned

Accomplishments
-eating white dick

cac lover has a brilliant futurecac lover has a brilliant futurecac lover has a brilliant futurecac lover has a brilliant futurecac lover has a brilliant futurecac lover has a brilliant futurecac lover has a brilliant futurecac lover has a brilliant futurecac lover has a brilliant futurecac lover has a brilliant futurecac lover has a brilliant future

Quote:
Kk
Left off a k ***
cac lover is offline   Reply With Quote