Netcees  

Go Back   Netcees > Forum > Discussion Board
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

User Tag List

Old 06-13-2016, 09:46 PM   #1
Dope girl

Battle Record: 3-8

Dope girl has a brilliant futureDope girl has a brilliant futureDope girl has a brilliant futureDope girl has a brilliant futureDope girl has a brilliant futureDope girl has a brilliant futureDope girl has a brilliant futureDope girl has a brilliant futureDope girl has a brilliant futureDope girl has a brilliant futureDope girl has a brilliant future
Send a message via MSN to Dope girl Send a message via Yahoo to Dope girl Send a message via Skype™ to Dope girl
Default Microphone thread

What type of Microphone you use?

I use headphone because cheaper, but I'll get myself a real microphone.
Dope girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2016, 02:56 AM   #2
Finnydot

Champed
- Beat Battle I

Finnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant future

I've recorded on anything you can think of just about. A $3 computer mic to a $3,000 mic we got for $1,000. The key is being able to do it live. That's what i never understood for the longest. Trying to do punch ins and trying to get the best quality. My advice is if you're asking about mics you might not be ready to record since you don't even know which ones are good. After a while you know what you wanna sound like because the voice in your head needs to be the same one you hear back no matter what you rap on.

Don't take this as a knock. Im saying somebody should be coming up to you saying they wanna record you instead of you trying to figure out your own setup. For example, my buddy complained to me today that he recorded with a friend today and didn't like what he did because he said the quality was bad. I said, bro, i sound good on anything. Lol

I said alchemist said it in a documentary, he gets finished making a beat and burns it to disc. He throws the beat in a shitty $10 boom box it looks like. He said if you're shit don't bang on a piece of shit like this you're doing it wrong.

Essentially, my same buddy before we left heard a song i wrote the other day and liked it so much he said i needed to record that in a real studio and put it out and offered me to go on his dime. I told him i want him to focus on his shit and I'll figure my own shit out. I'm not worried about a shitty mic cuz i know I'll make that shit sound good. Call me delusional or prideful cuz you think I'm garbage, I'm an MC. Its my job to think I'm better than everyone else.
Finnydot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2016, 07:05 AM   #3
sral
Shrewd as evearthed

Battle Record: 28-3

Champed
- Gimmick Battle League
- The Winter Topical
- Topical Martyrs
- Lime Green Poetry Association
- Lyric Olympics
- Art of Writing League
- Guerrilla Writing League (2x)
- Black August II

sral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond repute

lmao wouldn't a $3000 mic you got for $1000 be a...

$1000 dollar mic?

maybe its just me.
sral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2016, 03:18 PM   #4
Finnydot

Champed
- Beat Battle I

Finnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by sraL View Post
lmao wouldn't a $3000 mic you got for $1000 be a...

$1000 dollar mic?

maybe its just me.

You still can't buy these used for less than a grand.

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/deta...GigaAowO8P8HAQ

Brand new? $3k.
Old 06-14-2016, 04:26 PM   #5
Batty
that nigga

Batty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond repute

You don't want to buy a mic that will cost more than you will ever make at rhyming.

it's the type of logic that should be laughed at hard.
Batty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2016, 05:34 PM   #6
Finnydot

Champed
- Beat Battle I

I didn't buy it.

But y'all can keep taking shots at me. lol
Old 06-14-2016, 05:52 PM   #7
Batty
that nigga

Batty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinity Tha rellik View Post
I didn't buy it.

But y'all can keep taking shots at me. lol
My bad, homie... didn't mean for my comments to sound like they were directed at you.

I'm just saying, it's the same that goes for beginner guitar players buying $4700 Les Pauls. You generally want to see a return on an investment.

if you ain't landing shows on the regular and scooping dividends, you prolly don't need a mic that costs more than your late 90's Hyundai.
Batty is offline   Reply With Quote