Netcees  

Go Back   Netcees > Vault > Archives > The Netcees archive > AOWL Season 5 Archive

User Tag List

Old 09-29-2015, 03:16 PM   #21
2tripple0
death warmed over

Battle Record: 6-21

2tripple0 2tripple0 2tripple0 2tripple0 2tripple0 2tripple0 2tripple0 2tripple0 2tripple0 2tripple0 2tripple0

aye go vote on my battle vs. mmlp its up for votes now
Old 09-30-2015, 05:10 PM   #22
Razah
rockkFresh

Battle Record: 8-10

Champed
- Art of Writing League

Razah has a brilliant futureRazah has a brilliant futureRazah has a brilliant futureRazah has a brilliant futureRazah has a brilliant futureRazah has a brilliant futureRazah has a brilliant futureRazah has a brilliant futureRazah has a brilliant futureRazah has a brilliant futureRazah has a brilliant future

^Just voted.

Wasn't there supposed to be a video mag, that, was already done.. but, was being held back because they were waiting on the written mag?

:/
Old 09-30-2015, 05:15 PM   #23
sral
Shrewd as evearthed

Battle Record: 28-3

Champed
- Gimmick Battle League
- The Winter Topical
- Topical Martyrs
- Lime Green Poetry Association
- Lyric Olympics
- Art of Writing League
- Guerrilla Writing League (2x)
- Black August II

sral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond repute

LOL it was/is recorded but I was ridiculously drunk at the time. Nobody needs to see that shit haha!

People wanted a 2triple0 mag anyway and he came through so it's only fair we gave him his shine.

I'll record a fresh one covering this week!
Old 10-01-2015, 03:59 PM   #24
Frank

Champed
- NWL Season 2
- Art of Writing League (5x)
- AOWL Season 6
- AOWL Season 10

Frank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant future

I heard you can get srals drunk AOWL video mag on the black market for 20 euros€
Old 10-02-2015, 12:28 AM   #25
Adonis
Tsk Tsk

Battle Record: 36-34

Champed
- NFL Pick'em 2016-17

Adonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank View Post
I heard you can get srals drunk AOWL video mag on the black market for 20 euros€
Can you find a throw back verse for the mag this week?

Something dope bro, pm me the link. Something you remember and a short paragraph of what it is too. Thanks

TUPAC SHAKUR
Old 10-02-2015, 12:33 AM   #26
Adonis
Tsk Tsk

Champed
- NFL Pick'em 2016-17

Adonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant future

EXTRA CREDIT

I had this typed but it was not published as to give 2tripple0 dues. here you go though ~Adonis~

@Flo Real vs. @2tripple0

Flo wrote a short story about a man whom is a gambling addict? Either way, this was a short verse. Decent all around but nothing really jumped off the page for me if I'm honest. You had good flow but lacked in depth multies, you had little imagery although I feel like this was a very good thing. You played the entire story coy, you kept hidden in the shadows and allowed the reader to draw from it. I liked the progression however, thought your pace moved quick enough and as I said, you with held the true meaning long enough to keep interest. Solid outing.

2K, well, I feel like you are regressing in some aspects but improving on others. In this case you actually did in fact use extra depth, ironically going scientific (ally?) in some lines. This verse was extremely fast paced as always, the stream of thought is there, but the execution and overall mechanics are still lacking. I enjoyed this though, I really did. Aside from the glaring errors, the 3 meals a day to the crucifix being a team mascot to the multiple imagery's of, circa 1999 boarding with plenty of similes. All in all this is a verse that grew on me the more I read it I must say.

@Spoken vs. @EtH

Eth wrote a saga of war, how original right? But, if you actually read the verse you would notice not just a fluid rhyme scheme, but a very deft choice of words as well, a lethal combination. This verse was more poetical than not, it was riddled with imagery even if it lacked the gore. Emotional ties were evident, but I'm not one to care for that shit too much. You stayed on topic, and actually went the easy route given your picture, but instead of taking the highway you opted for the more all terrain mountain trek instead. I really enjoyed this verse a lot I must say.

Spoken to, wrote a saga of war, only he incorporated more emotion then Eth. The opening stanza seemed like the main character was a medic, patching up the wounds of those who would eventually succumb. The second stanza made me feel like he had PTSD and was waking from a dream. Then, the third jumped to him being a sergeant and dying. I'll be honest here, not sure if a medic is the ideal sergeant in the midst of a war, just saying. Aside from that fact though, much like Eth, you showed a command of rhythm and flow while proving the ability to weave a topical from point A to point B successfully and with out strain on my mind. A very solid verse that I thoroughly enjoyed. I liked the “...” in changing scenery and possibly character, good use of writing, opened the verse up a bit in my mind.

@Mr. J vs. @Frank

Frank, I am not real sure what type of reaction you were hoping for here, so I'll keep it short, not a fan. Decent mechanics, and you did well matching a story to the topic, but story was just stupid and I couldn't get into it or connect with it the slightest.

Mr. J, your wrote a tale of death by bleeding out of the wrist, and the sights and exit of this world. It was a decent verse, but if I'm honest here, it read less smooth as usual and more nursery rhyme in spots. This hurt the read, but the concept worked. It is not the most original, but the execution I felt was good. You gave me enough shadow that I didn't understand what was going on in the beginning on my first read. On the second read I connected the dots and realized the progression to this story was the highlight. You began with visuals of the fading life and walls, very solid verse here.

@Godcomplex vs. @NYCSPITZ

NYC – For shame

God, you wrote a verse in the same vein as Frank this week only on maybe 1/16th the scale of perversion and shock value. I did not enjoy the portions that included pedophilia, but that was but a snippet. You chose, wisely, to focus on the emotional detachment such an egregious act as Uncle on Youth. Speaking from a hearts perspective was a nice touch. I enjoyed the voice you gave, you kept it in secrecy instead of coming right out. This is always a good thing. Solid verse with pure perfection in terms of story progression. You went from a character, to a memorable event to the cause and effect in such a short window while flowing and setting the pace for me as a reader. This was a good verse, aside from the perversion of course, did not like that section one bit.

@timeless vs. @Razah

Time, you wrote a topical about a slow death, be it living while be slowly tortured, or dead in hell living a slow torture. I really liked this verse. It had many elements mixed in delicately, yet packed a punch. What I mean is the few spots of imagery were heightened by not being over bearing, yet the flow and cadence kept pace with a story that progressed in a fashion that kept my full attention, wondering where you were taking me. There were a few lines I loved, the apathy line, capsizing thoughts wishing for wishes and the concept behind an inhumane existence. This was a very solid verse. I always mention how you are inconsistent because some of the verses you write are not my style and I don't enjoy them as much as other may, but this verse here is one that I read with ease and connected while enjoying a nice blend of solid mechanics across the board.

Razah, you wrote from the perspective of a character who is eternal, maybe time itself. The character was basically shitting on humanity. You dedicated most of this verse to technology mind you, that almost grew stale but the ending came quick. I loved the “cloud gassing once, now they hold data” concept. As I read this, that bar really stood out as the line of the battle. On second read, you are the voice of humanity it seems, who is ironically tearing down the people alike. This was a dope verse, not going to read votes, but I can't imagine the 5-0 was justice. These were two equally dope verses that were constructed well through sound mechanics and solid concept/concept lines. Solid verse Razah.

Champion @Nigma snatches the belt from @YDK

YDK, you wrote a 'nay is the government' tale where the main focus was on money. You had some very well crafted and thought out lines... 'Govt. selling pipe dreams and arresting those who bang dope'. And “Land of free or caged enlightenment”. The problem with this verse is not the mechanics, but the concept as a whole, including that final word “Murica”, although it tied in nicely, still didn't sit well with me. Line for line, this verse is solid as fuck, a really dope OM. But as far as topical battle, this topic has been dead and without some very estranged angle or deep metaphor usage, just isn't going to work.

Nigma, you wrote a verse that is a bit tough to follow for me. I can't lie, the beginning stanza contained many things about Jesus and this theme just lingered in me. So while I don't hate religious verses, I am still not a fan. This verse was crafted well pertaining flow and mechanics mind you. But again, reading the verse just sort of lulled me from the beginning on. Congrats on the belt broseph, well deserved.[/QUOTE]

TUPAC SHAKUR
Old 10-02-2015, 02:07 AM   #27
Frank

Champed
- NWL Season 2
- Art of Writing League (5x)
- AOWL Season 6
- AOWL Season 10

Frank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant future

Fun fact: My Week 8 Chat and Predictions thread had by far the most views and comments so far of any thread this season, and it's not even close.

it did 439 posts, 2,835 views
Old 10-02-2015, 11:11 PM   #28
Adonis
Tsk Tsk

Champed
- NFL Pick'em 2016-17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank View Post
Fun fact: My Week 8 Chat and Predictions thread had by far the most views and comments so far of any thread this season, and it's not even close.

it did 439 posts, 2,835 views
Funner fact. Since graduating highschool, my penis has grown nearly a full inch

TUPAC SHAKUR
Old 10-03-2015, 01:25 AM   #29
Adonis
Tsk Tsk

Champed
- NFL Pick'em 2016-17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adonis View Post
Can you find a throw back verse for the mag this week?

Something dope bro, pm me the link. Something you remember and a short paragraph of what it is too. Thanks
@Frank

Come one bro

do it. The people want to know a verse that your remember over the years, be it yours or not

TUPAC SHAKUR
Old 10-03-2015, 01:26 AM   #30
Adonis
Tsk Tsk

Champed
- NFL Pick'em 2016-17

@Red glare

TUPAC SHAKUR
Old 10-03-2015, 02:34 AM   #31
UnbornBuddha

Battle Record: 23-10

Champed
- Art of Writing League
- AOWL Season 5

UnbornBuddha has a brilliant futureUnbornBuddha has a brilliant futureUnbornBuddha has a brilliant futureUnbornBuddha has a brilliant futureUnbornBuddha has a brilliant futureUnbornBuddha has a brilliant futureUnbornBuddha has a brilliant futureUnbornBuddha has a brilliant futureUnbornBuddha has a brilliant futureUnbornBuddha has a brilliant futureUnbornBuddha has a brilliant future

Adonis the homie bringing that extra zest.
Old 10-03-2015, 03:06 AM   #32
sral
Shrewd as evearthed

Battle Record: 28-3

Champed
- Gimmick Battle League
- The Winter Topical
- Topical Martyrs
- Lyric Olympics
- Art of Writing League
- Guerrilla Writing League (2x)
- Black August II

sral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adonis View Post
@Frank

Come one bro

do it. The people want to know a verse that your remember over the years, be it yours or not
How about I pick?
Old 10-05-2015, 03:21 PM   #33
e11even
V.V

Battle Record: 31-20

e11even has a brilliant futuree11even has a brilliant futuree11even has a brilliant futuree11even has a brilliant futuree11even has a brilliant futuree11even has a brilliant futuree11even has a brilliant futuree11even has a brilliant futuree11even has a brilliant futuree11even has a brilliant futuree11even has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by sraL View Post
nah not that i recall

PM me or some ish
Nvm. I had a recollection and realized your name was one letter off from the guy I was referring to lol. My bad.
Old 10-05-2015, 03:27 PM   #34
Razah
rockkFresh

Battle Record: 8-10

Champed
- Art of Writing League

Razah has a brilliant futureRazah has a brilliant futureRazah has a brilliant futureRazah has a brilliant futureRazah has a brilliant futureRazah has a brilliant futureRazah has a brilliant futureRazah has a brilliant futureRazah has a brilliant futureRazah has a brilliant futureRazah has a brilliant future

@NYCSPITZ

You showing?

Anddd, ya'll dragging with the mag. Mags go up when after verses are due. *shrugs*

get it together ya'll.
Old 10-05-2015, 11:10 PM   #35
NYCSPITZ
SYRACUSE

Battle Record: 31-37

Champed
- Write Night II
- Alias Topical Tournament

NYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razah View Post
@NYCSPITZ

You showing?

Anddd, ya'll dragging with the mag. Mags go up when after verses are due. *shrugs*

get it together ya'll.
wassup my G

yes i will write something some time after 10pm and before midnight tomorrow.
Old 10-06-2015, 07:57 PM   #36
asylum

Battle Record: 7-5

asylum has a brilliant futureasylum has a brilliant futureasylum has a brilliant futureasylum has a brilliant futureasylum has a brilliant futureasylum has a brilliant futureasylum has a brilliant futureasylum has a brilliant futureasylum has a brilliant futureasylum has a brilliant futureasylum has a brilliant future

good job 2k =) thanks for the mag folks.