Netcees  

Go Back   Netcees > Vault > Archives > The Netcees archive > The Lime Green Poetry Association > Archive
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

User Tag List

Old 08-14-2015, 12:30 AM   #301
UnbornBuddha

Battle Record: 23-10

Champed
- Art of Writing League
- AOWL Season 5

UnbornBuddha has a brilliant futureUnbornBuddha has a brilliant futureUnbornBuddha has a brilliant futureUnbornBuddha has a brilliant futureUnbornBuddha has a brilliant futureUnbornBuddha has a brilliant futureUnbornBuddha has a brilliant futureUnbornBuddha has a brilliant futureUnbornBuddha has a brilliant futureUnbornBuddha has a brilliant futureUnbornBuddha has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pharaohs Army View Post
Thanks.. Ok I will.. I truly love being assigned a topic. So in that respect I would love to do these sorts of things, especially with regular verses over poetry (but will try it here).

But, I do not like that it will probably be "fake", on my part.. (btw any1 who reads this don't hold that against me in voting, lmao)
By that I mean... unless the topic strikes some nerve or I am in a rare mood, I will write what I consider a "good poem", but not feel anything, or associate any meaning with it other than I'm trying to make a good piece of writing.

Kinda why I've not been bothering. But never hurts to try
I never really experienced that myself, writing without an internal stirring of some kind; artistic inspiration really is just our own internal musings that become so strong we must convey them, in order for cathartic release. In my case, I need to find the right track to write to, if not I find it difficult to write. I heard Zygote listened to 10 Canibus tracks at once for inspiration, lol, that's an amusing image to conjure. But, yeah try to find that spark that helps keep your ideas flowing, while keeping a calm heart, which is essential to not worrying and taking too long overthinking one line. Keeps the mental processes not stagnated, so our CPU's work better.
UnbornBuddha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2015, 09:58 PM   #302
asylum

Battle Record: 7-5

asylum has a brilliant futureasylum has a brilliant futureasylum has a brilliant futureasylum has a brilliant futureasylum has a brilliant futureasylum has a brilliant futureasylum has a brilliant futureasylum has a brilliant futureasylum has a brilliant futureasylum has a brilliant futureasylum has a brilliant future

dafuq is going on up here? this is news to me.
asylum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2015, 10:46 PM   #303
Inno
Ad mini tator

Battle Record: 26-54

Champed
- Lime Green Poetry Association
- Black August
- 1-2 Punch League

Inno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pharaohs Army View Post
Thanks.. Ok I will.. I truly love being assigned a topic. So in that respect I would love to do these sorts of things, especially with regular verses over poetry (but will try it here).

But, I do not like that it will probably be "fake", on my part.. (btw any1 who reads this don't hold that against me in voting, lmao)
By that I mean... unless the topic strikes some nerve or I am in a rare mood, I will write what I consider a "good poem", but not feel anything, or associate any meaning with it other than I'm trying to make a good piece of writing.

Kinda why I've not been bothering. But never hurts to try

I do that all the time. Lol join
Inno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2015, 01:24 AM   #304
UnbornBuddha

Champed
- Art of Writing League
- AOWL Season 5

UnbornBuddha has a brilliant futureUnbornBuddha has a brilliant futureUnbornBuddha has a brilliant futureUnbornBuddha has a brilliant futureUnbornBuddha has a brilliant futureUnbornBuddha has a brilliant futureUnbornBuddha has a brilliant futureUnbornBuddha has a brilliant futureUnbornBuddha has a brilliant futureUnbornBuddha has a brilliant futureUnbornBuddha has a brilliant future

@Vulgar, don't let me down by not showing.
Old 08-15-2015, 02:38 AM   #305
UnbornBuddha

Champed
- Art of Writing League
- AOWL Season 5

Nevermind. My days of the week are muddled, lol.
Old 08-15-2015, 09:10 AM   #306
Vulgar
Razor-thin derision

Battle Record: 40-25

Accomplishments
- OM HOF

Champed
- Fight Night LIV
- Gimmick Battle League (2x)
- Write Week II
- Art of Writing League
- Storytelling And Topical Invitational Tournament
- STI
- Haiku Writer Challenge
- GWL Picture Challenge(2x)

Vulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godcomplex View Post
Thanks for the excellent post-match feed @Pharaohs Army. What you said is very useful, and I agree it never hurts to add another tool to the toolbox. Lol, just read some of the tags. Anyways, this type of discussions are good, it strengthens our community, as we discuss these literary techniques and stylistic perspectives.
What I feel is missing in our board is community discussions on this fine points that we bring up. This is something I have learned from scholarly circles, as of late, how to discuss said material, in ways that are vastly unspoken about, without bringing my own emotional content and viewpoints into play. I mean we have good writers here, I have made my writing much more poignant spending time here learning from others. Unfortunately, I feel sometimes that learning is hindered is because we get caught up in the weave of hindrance that stems from our own individual need to prove something, and any form of idea from others that dispels our own subjective notions becomes a threat. And so, tension forms and we lose sight of the greater whole, of why we're here. To write and to get better, and have fun in the process, if this wasn't fun I wouldn't be doing it, but ultimately my fun stems from challenging myself.

You bring up good points, both you and Adonis. And honestly, I will say that I didn't spend the time needed to conquer the fire that Adonis brought, mostly because I was tired and in my stupor I was rushing things. In my opinion, I made an inferior product, I'm not discontent that adds unneeded frustration, but its not something I look to objectively and I am amazed by. I always find it amusing that the verses I write really fast are verses people like sometimes, and verses I spent crafting in a timely manner, relatively, get the thumbs down. It's comical in a way, and I've learned from it actually.

And I am humbled by Adonis holding me in such high esteem, but you know there's tons of great lyricists here and I like to use them as vehicles for greater learning. And actually, I do wish @sacrifice came out of hiding, him and I had a great conversation on many aspects of life, including writing and rhyming, and he is one that could contribute greatly to this largely unknown field of writing that we do. There is other writers here that have very perceptive eyes for little details, unfortunately, they're blinded sometimes by their own need of self-gratification and do not typically give feed to others because they cannot interact with other writers without the need for self-worshipping. Thus, in a way, we lose a plateau for continually developing ourselves. To continually raise the bar.

I've also been working at that medium that Adonis alluded to, but its an ongoing process I have tried to chip at, I'm an eternal student after all. As for calling me, GOD, you can still call me by my former name, but truthfully the word GOD means little to me, so you can call me that too, lol, although it will distort the meaning of what my new name aimed at.

And Pharaoh, I think you will do well in this poetry league here, sign in, if you have the time.
Great post, and very true. We're lucky to have you.
Vulgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2015, 06:51 AM   #307
Sn00p
General German

Battle Record: 26-12

Champed
- Netcees Battle League (2x)
- Line4Line Cypher Tourney
- Back2Basics
- Fight Night XLVI

Sn00p has a brilliant futureSn00p has a brilliant futureSn00p has a brilliant futureSn00p has a brilliant futureSn00p has a brilliant futureSn00p has a brilliant futureSn00p has a brilliant futureSn00p has a brilliant futureSn00p has a brilliant futureSn00p has a brilliant futureSn00p has a brilliant future

sorry for the noshow, @Rakontur. I thought I'd really have all the time in the world after being done with finals, but then I had ppl visiting and we were doing shit 24/7 so I really didn't find the time. my bad.
Sn00p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2015, 10:19 PM   #308
Woke

Battle Record: 6-4

Woke has a brilliant futureWoke has a brilliant futureWoke has a brilliant futureWoke has a brilliant futureWoke has a brilliant futureWoke has a brilliant futureWoke has a brilliant futureWoke has a brilliant futureWoke has a brilliant futureWoke has a brilliant futureWoke has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sn00p View Post
sorry for the noshow, @Rakontur. I thought I'd really have all the time in the world after being done with finals, but then I had ppl visiting and we were doing shit 24/7 so I really didn't find the time. my bad.
Aint no thing bro

I don't mind, i mean sure it sucks cause i wrote, but a win is a win brother.

I can no check Snoop of my list of accomplishments
Woke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2015, 10:21 PM   #309
Inno
Ad mini tator

Champed
- Black August
- 1-2 Punch League

Inno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond repute

How bout soem votes fellas?
Old 08-17-2015, 10:25 PM   #310
Woke

Woke has a brilliant futureWoke has a brilliant futureWoke has a brilliant futureWoke has a brilliant futureWoke has a brilliant futureWoke has a brilliant futureWoke has a brilliant futureWoke has a brilliant futureWoke has a brilliant futureWoke has a brilliant futureWoke has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Innovator View Post
How bout soem votes fellas?
On it now

And you were spot on with my verse.

Topic was writing from the perspective of a child

The first stanza was Michael as a child being forced to create a perfect voice through constant practice

The second stanza is him later in life, an adult with a childs mind. I lost interest, I wanted to incorporate Neverland Ranch some, but got lazy

Lazy is inaccurate, i spent a lot of time trying to fit in title tracks of his career in second verse. This was tideous

Last edited by Woke; 08-17-2015 at 10:29 PM.
Old 08-17-2015, 10:42 PM   #311
Inno
Ad mini tator

Champed
- Black August
- 1-2 Punch League

Word man poem was on point this week. Too bad snoop didnt show, prolly would of been a dope battle
Old 08-17-2015, 11:15 PM   #312
Vulgar
Razor-thin derision

Accomplishments
- OM HOF

Champed
- Fight Night LIV
- Write Week II
- Art of Writing League
- STI
- Haiku Writer Challenge

Vulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant future

Good week ya'll.

I'm gonna try and post new battles by tonight... so get yur v0tes in plz.
Old 08-17-2015, 11:48 PM   #313
Inno
Ad mini tator

Champed
- Black August
- 1-2 Punch League

@Vulgar

Ama try to post the mag during this week.

Dont doubt me son.

Also your gonna edit next weeks poem for me lol

Edit.

Fucking dope week tbh. Lookin forward to seeing what knuck and dan got to offer next week
Old 08-18-2015, 12:20 AM   #314
Vulgar
Razor-thin derision

Accomplishments
- OM HOF

Champed
- Fight Night LIV
- Write Week II
- Art of Writing League
- STI
- Haiku Writer Challenge

Indeed!
Old 08-18-2015, 06:26 AM   #315
sral
Shrewd as evearthed

Battle Record: 28-3

Champed
- Gimmick Battle League
- The Winter Topical
- Topical Martyrs
- Lyric Olympics
- Art of Writing League
- Guerrilla Writing League (2x)
- Black August II

sral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond repute

I'll vote on everyones shit this week. My bad, figured I'd caught a no-show and that was it, I didn't realise my thread had been left open for feed.

I've got you guys.
sral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 06:33 AM   #316
MMLP

Battle Record: 15-16

Champed
- Write Week 9

MMLP has a brilliant futureMMLP has a brilliant futureMMLP has a brilliant futureMMLP has a brilliant futureMMLP has a brilliant futureMMLP has a brilliant futureMMLP has a brilliant futureMMLP has a brilliant futureMMLP has a brilliant futureMMLP has a brilliant futureMMLP has a brilliant future

Yeh same here, I was gonna do it this lunch time during work, didn't have time last night.

Got the phone sorted @sraL?
MMLP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 07:36 AM   #317
sral
Shrewd as evearthed

Champed
- Gimmick Battle League
- The Winter Topical
- Topical Martyrs
- Lyric Olympics
- Art of Writing League
- Black August II

sral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond repute

nah, I've told Ben i'll have his off him but obv got no way of arranging to meet up and physically get it atm lol
Old 08-19-2015, 10:35 PM   #318
Woke

@Nigma and all

Going to leave this here.

So dope

It's off that playlist I give you though
Old 08-19-2015, 11:44 PM   #319
Woke

@Innovator

How come you can't receive PM's all the sudden?

I just spent three minutes of my life talking to you on some real level shit for naught

It all ended in happiness though

xoxo
Old 08-20-2015, 07:57 AM   #320
sral
Shrewd as evearthed

Champed
- Gimmick Battle League
- The Winter Topical
- Topical Martyrs
- Lyric Olympics
- Art of Writing League
- Black August II

@MMLP I'M READY WHEN YOU ARE

HOLLA

Tags
haikus by jews, land of the green, lieutenant dan swagger champ, robin william's gooch, scuba steve's noon reprieve