Netcees  

Go Back   Netcees > Forum > Discussion Board
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

User Tag List

Old 08-03-2017, 08:12 AM   #21
Chill Phil
World's Heaviest Ghost

Chill Phil has a brilliant futureChill Phil has a brilliant futureChill Phil has a brilliant futureChill Phil has a brilliant futureChill Phil has a brilliant futureChill Phil has a brilliant futureChill Phil has a brilliant futureChill Phil has a brilliant futureChill Phil has a brilliant futureChill Phil has a brilliant futureChill Phil has a brilliant future

I thought diz bodied the nerd.
Old 08-03-2017, 09:11 AM   #22
Ghost1

Battle Record: 0-1

Ghost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by uh-oh View Post
you guys always forget that its kids living at home who also get shamed for whisper rapping audios they don't want their parents to hear them recording

this isn't going to spark a 28 year old man to text battle

but a 14 year old?

how old were all of you when you started

YOU NIGGAS ARE OLD NOW
I agree...but not with your actual conclusion. I agree that you/we are old. with that in mind your entire frame of thought here is founded in the thought processing of a nearly dead era. the one that is past.

social media is conditioning the younger generations to be more bold in sharing their lives with large crowds of people and even strangers. the meek teenager afraid to express themselves on an online platform due to parental adherence is a relic.

even further beyond that is the specific type of person this will appeal to...regardless of age.....will be rebellious, extraverted, vivacious personalities with little regard for public embarrassment as it will be unevenly weighted against the want and need for public approval and instant gratification

lastly....again....the fault in your logic is in your dated outlook....these teenagers are so far removed from this ancient form of expression that the only reason for them to revert back would be some type of retro or nostalgic valuation which isn't applicable to them nor is it even remotely as stimulating as the new present applications available.

I have zero delusions of this affecting a certain age bracket as you presumed ...seemingly based on your own misconceptions of the accessibility of this product towards a specific outlet.

this will be a catalyst for a new generation and as such they will build it based in their present environment by definition. not the one of their predecessors.

u fucka idiyote.
Not saying being drunk doesn’t mess up you reasoning. I’m turning 20 soon so I haven’t had a drink ever.
Ghost1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 12:02 PM   #23
Inno
Ad mini tator

Battle Record: 26-54

Champed
- Lime Green Poetry Association
- Black August
- 1-2 Punch League

Inno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bags View Post
I explicitly covered that topic

It was essentially everything I said lol
Your right I'm fucking up

But srs

Isn't save to assume from what you said. That social media is giving these kids a new sense of boldness And the straying away of public shame.

If back in the day when we started we were more introverted and didn't have this boldness that we see in today's youth.

And yet we did it.

Would that suggest they would seek out outlets like this website?

Along with social media and shot like that?

If it's possible it won't be a spark or inspiration. Then we can't say the opposite?

Last edited by Inno; 08-03-2017 at 12:10 PM.
Inno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 01:39 PM   #24
Ghost1

Battle Record: 0-1

Ghost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant future

again covered above.

as far as your closing statement.....theres no disputing that....only time will tell for sure....I wont pretend to be able to predict the future.....but I just don't see this being texts saving grace.
Not saying being drunk doesn’t mess up you reasoning. I’m turning 20 soon so I haven’t had a drink ever.
Ghost1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 07:11 PM   #25
Geno
White Earl

Battle Record: 10-15

Accomplishments
- Open Mic HOF (4x)

Champed
- Netcees Writers League
- Write Week I
- Write Week 8

Geno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to Geno

Idk.
Its sad. But bags has a point. The difference between tech then and tech now. I mean they have apps where you can register and its an audio rap battle ap thata basically centered around just that. No text. Which i think would take off before text ever rebirthed. So ya. Point taken
Old 08-03-2017, 07:15 PM   #26
Witty
Lime Life

Battle Record: 30-41

Accomplishments
- Only Slightly Retarded

Champed
- Lyric Olympics
- Summer Classic

Witty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant future

So, what does Eminem's intern have to do with all of this?

Witty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 07:19 PM   #27
Inno
Ad mini tator

Battle Record: 26-54

Champed
- Lime Green Poetry Association
- Black August
- 1-2 Punch League

Inno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond repute

He's gonna save text and intern save NC
Inno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 07:19 PM   #28
Witty
Lime Life

Battle Record: 30-41

Accomplishments
- Only Slightly Retarded

Champed
- Lyric Olympics
- Summer Classic

Witty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant future

Sheesh.

He has a promising future.

Witty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 09:21 PM   #29
Apologeticz

Apologeticz is an unknown quantity at this point

A little late to this discussion, but I agree with Bagz, I don't think that it will help text. The movie won't be in theaters, and its exposure will be limited, so it won't have anywhere close to the impact that 8 Mile had. Text is like an unacknowledged offshoot of rap, it started to get popular in 2002-2003 for people who wanted to rap, but strictly for those who had the privilege of internet access, which wasn't easy at that time. If video and audio was as available 15 years ago as it is now, I am not sure that text would even be in the discussion at all, because at one time, it was the ONLY outlet to participate online with others from across the world. Some of the best and most popular stage battlers, however have a background in text, but the sad thing is that it's not acknowledged, even though text was the silent influence that helped lay the groundwork for how bars are interpreted and structured, once the internet opened up. When battling with mixtape bars was the thing to do during the early days of Smack DVD, there were text based battle sites that emphasized complex bars, traces of which, and even exact lines that can still be heard some 15-16 years later on major battle rap leagues and platforms. You can literally chronologize the influence of text when guys like Conceited, Q.P., Heartless and others got off of their computers and brought text to the camera, changing battle rap as it was known. Right now, text as it currently is, is outmoded, and is only really acknowledged and practiced among very small circles. However, there is a way to revive it, and that would involve online battle sites ceasing from being so insular, expand their markets to the rest of battle rap via video and even stage, and then recognize text as an important way of battling. If we're all still here then there is a market for it, and if there is a market for it, then it can grow, but it certainly won't grow by itself.

Last edited by Apologeticz; 08-10-2017 at 09:24 PM.
Apologeticz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 09:31 PM   #30
uh-oh
DA GOD

Battle Record: 1-0

Champed
- Beat Battle II
- Beat Battle V
- Beat Bags

uh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bags View Post
I agree...but not with your actual conclusion. I agree that you/we are old. with that in mind your entire frame of thought here is founded in the thought processing of a nearly dead era. the one that is past.

social media is conditioning the younger generations to be more bold in sharing their lives with large crowds of people and even strangers. the meek teenager afraid to express themselves on an online platform due to parental adherence is a relic.

even further beyond that is the specific type of person this will appeal to...regardless of age.....will be rebellious, extraverted, vivacious personalities with little regard for public embarrassment as it will be unevenly weighted against the want and need for public approval and instant gratification

lastly....again....the fault in your logic is in your dated outlook....these teenagers are so far removed from this ancient form of expression that the only reason for them to revert back would be some type of retro or nostalgic valuation which isn't applicable to them nor is it even remotely as stimulating as the new present applications available.

I have zero delusions of this affecting a certain age bracket as you presumed ...seemingly based on your own misconceptions of the accessibility of this product towards a specific outlet.

this will be a catalyst for a new generation and as such they will build it based in their present environment by definition. not the one of their predecessors.

u fucka idiyote.
Im not under the delusion this movie or another will get people into text battling. I was just pointing out that if anyone gets into it, the chances are they are a white teen who doesnt want to record themselves audio or visually because they live with white parents who would be like wtf are you doing.

Which is 90 percent of textcee origin stories

You guys are acting like cheap mics and cool edit didnt exist

Im sorta late to the game 04-05ish, but it was as easy to record then as it is now.

Text is for those too ashamed to record, it always was.
Old 08-10-2017, 10:11 PM   #31
Apologeticz

Apologeticz is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by uh-oh View Post

Text is for those too ashamed to record, it always was.
That's not true at all. It can be argued that battle rap as it currently is, is text. Long, complex bars that wouldn't fit a beat is exactly what's been happening for almost two decades on text battle sites. It's essentially because of this that the adage "battle rappers can't rap to a beat" came into existence. This adage didn't exist during the days of battling on a beat. When text battlers started battling offline, it influenced battle rap heavy, and the a capella nature of it harmonized perfectly with text style. And no, recording audio was no where close to convenient in the early days of online battling like it is now. Even though Wal-Mart sold $15 mics, most people still didn't use them. Sure, they're easy to buy now in your 20s, but not when you're 14 and it's 2003, asking your parents to buy one for you to use on a battle rap site. Also, some of the programs that were out there for audio, weren't even compatible for every computer.
Apologeticz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 02:01 AM   #32
Objective
( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)

Battle Record: 17-32

Objective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant future

That's dope af. I'm already looking forward to it. Bet we'll see a lot of new faces around here after it drops.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=gV8ozGcGJ6o
Objective is offline   Reply With Quote