Netcees  

Go Back   Netcees > Vault > Archives > NETCEES GIMMICK TOURNAMENT 2018 > Archives

User Tag List

Old 11-12-2018, 01:18 PM   #1
For Battling

Battle Record: 11-6

For Battling has a brilliant futureFor Battling has a brilliant futureFor Battling has a brilliant futureFor Battling has a brilliant futureFor Battling has a brilliant futureFor Battling has a brilliant futureFor Battling has a brilliant futureFor Battling has a brilliant futureFor Battling has a brilliant futureFor Battling has a brilliant futureFor Battling has a brilliant future
Default NGT 2018 ROUND 1 MAG: MARVEL UNIVERSE

MARVEL UNIVERSE

Introduction

What’s up fellas, welcome to round 1 of the Netcees Gimmick Tournament 2018, alias edition. It took a minute to decide on a fun gimmick that would give all battlers enough ammo and background to work with. The Marvel Universe was chosen because there’s an endless amount of superhero’s or villains to choose from, not to mention signature beefs and rivalries within Marvel. You were all sent info regarding your round 1 battle, and I’m hoping on have ZERO no shows this first round. I have a couple people as replacements for people who don’t check in via PM or who seem as though they’re gone, we’ll see how that all plays out. If we’re gonna MAKE TEXT GREAT AGAIN we’re going to have to work together. That means you’re all expected to vote on every battle, including your own, participate in cyphers, LR rounds, Gimmick Fight Nights, and show your enthusiasm to be a part of this. This tournament will be the start to a long haul of tourneys and leagues that we plan on bringing to you in the near future, so let’s start this the right way. Who’s with me? #SAVETEXT

The Contestants

Twodrop

Twodrop, the man, low key one of the funniest guys on this site, lil zunto jr. I’m not so sure if I’ve ever seen anyone on this list gimmick battle, but it’s very simple and easy. Anyways, Twodrop is a pretty good text battler. He started back in the BAL and was on the road to making a name for himself. Coming up on some surprise wins and beating some big names, Twodrop has been steadily elevating his game ever since he started here. He also has kids.

BodySnatcher

The reigning BAL Champ is here! Now here is a fuckin slugger who has been killing the game in the past year. One of the best new school battlers who’s champed the BAL, won roasts, and has killed multiple vets in various leagues and tournaments. I admire BS, he started off a bit slow but quickly perfected his style and started dominated as soon as he figured out what works and what doesn’t. I haven’t seen the boy gimmick battle, but I’m sure he’ll do just fine. He’s one of my favorites to champ this thing. Good luck!

Killing Spree

Killing Spree....the man of a million fresh concepts but “can’t seem to get this wording perfected.” Don’t worry bro, the more you concentrate on setups rather than the punchline, the easier it’ll become to formulate an entire punch that’s easy to read. Spree has been a good battler for quite some time, and he has the ability to be great. What id like to see from him during this tournament is smoother wording, I know he’s gonna attack his opponents character with all he has - but let’s see if he can bring it home. He’s white.

Jit

Jit aka John Dillinger is a really nice guy. He didn’t want no beef with Bolo. JD is an old school cat who was away from the text scene for a good minute and decided to check back with us. We’re glad you did. He came back and immediately started killing the 1-2 Punch League, shaking off all the rust he could. I also hear he’s been doing exceptionally well in the NBL & LLL. JD has offered to help with the mag and he seems really adamant about reviving text. We’re gonna do some great things bro. Did you PM Blue yet? You probably did because his fucking shit is at full capacity how about you text him and have him clear his inbox.

Aero

Aero lol. Definitely my favorite person on this site. He’s tall, dark, handsome, funny, rich, and decent at text. Aside from him taking long hiatuses away from text, he’s always able to bounce back into it as though he hasn’t skipped a beat. I’d love for Aero to win this, I know he has the potential and capability to do so. Aero is definitely an advocate for texts survival, I mean cmon he fuckin sacrificed nights out as a teen in order to meet deadlines. If he’s in this shit to win it, he probably will.

Infiltrate

Here’s another contender. Pretty sure he’s known as one of the best Gimmick battlers to have ever lived. He champed the most recent NBL Season, no not the current joke of an NBL league, but the one before that. Inf is also a really cool dude, very reliable , and versatile. Sometimes the problem with him is that you never know which Infiltration you’re going to get. Is it gonna be the dope Inf who has beaten just about everyone on here? Or will it be the rusty Inf who’s having sort of an off week. I think he’ll be able to go far in this tournament and I look forward to it.

veritas

The shrink of Netcees. I haven’t seen too many text battles from v, but I know he has the wit and the capability to form intelligent punchlines and entire schemes. He wrote a book! Aside from the discussion forum character, I’m looking forward to veritas’ participation in this. He’s extremely active and I gave him a spot in this over some other people because I am certain he’ll show. He makes ironic videos!

King Karaoke

I shit you not, this is probably the most unexpected sign up. I could’ve sworn the only thing he participated in was the NBL & SC. I didn’t expect him to venture out of his safe place and partake in this. But I’m very glad he did. Not sure how good he is with Gimmick battling, but he’s a shooter when it comes to standard text battling. I’m really excited to see what he can do here, and if his gimmick battling skills are anything like his text skills, he’s gonna go far.

Innovator

Innovator has proven himself to be the most proactive admin on the site right now. We know it’s hard to find time for Netcees sometimes, I’m a prime example of that, but Inno has been putting in MAJOR work. Updating battle records, running his own league, creating this tournament for us, trust me bro - your work isn’t going unappreciated. Now as far as battling, I like that Inno is always willing to participate in text even though Topical & poetry are his specialties. More often than now, he’s able to surprise people by dropping nice punchlines. I actually really think he has the advantage here due to the fact that this being a gimmick tourney, it helps to incorporate some topical shit in your verse. Good luck!

Flow

Ahh, my good ol Brit friend. Glad to have you here and I’m excited to see what you can do. Still has my vote for Most Improved Textcee 2017-2018, I don’t think I’ve ever witnessed extreme elevation the way he did it. This excites me because many of these guys I believe are unfamiliar with gimmick battling, so I’m eager to see what they post. Flow has been around for a while, so he’s probably done this a few times. Thanks for all your help with this mag bro!

bleak

bleak is hands down my favorite to win this. He’s a master of gimmick battling from what I’ve seen, and he’s been posting really good shit lately on RB. I’m hoping he sticks with it and shows up, because it’ll be a shame if he doesn’t and there honestly isn’t any reason for him not to show since he’s so active. bleak sometimes doesn’t receive the credit he deserves, but one of my main focusses in this tournament is to make sure his bars get the recognition they deserve, we’ll see if the whole anonymous thing actually helps his case.

by Jabari: bleak is one of those guys that this tourney was built for. bleak gets a lot of hate - mostly for what he does outside of battles - but he’s a Hall of Famer for a reason. From an objective perspective, bleak isn’t exactly a fan favorite to voters. However, all of that goes out the window with this tourney. bleak is the dark horse to win this tourney in my opinion. He has a very wordplay heavy style but definitely has the skill to be well rounded. He can pull of clever wordplay better than most but can come up with dope gun bars and hard hitting personals. He’s also not a stranger to aliases.
He biggest question mark for bleak will be his consistency. When bleak is on, he’s on, but when he miss, sometimes he misses badly. I do think the alias aspect will benefit bleak and he’ll make a long run in this tourney.

Blue Bayou

Blue Bayou the Canadian text legend. Not sure why he hates me so much but I’m actually a huge fan. When I was bored at work a few years ago I used to play Fantasy Text Battler and I was never able to beat you, true story. I guess I was wrong about that. Now Blue Bayou is legit one of the best, all jokes aside. His wordplay is amazing, wording is always crisp, and punchlines come out very smooth. I know he’s had to have done some damage in the Gimmick leagues back in the day, so I’m excited to see him fuck shit up here. Blue Bayou

by Jabari: Blue Bayou is a legend. Blue Bayou has been at the zoo of Netcees for quite some time with no sign of slowing down. His consistency and adaptability is part of the reason that I think Blue Bayou is the top battler on Netcees at the moment. Blue Bayou has a wordplay heavy style that takes advantage of his vocabulary and ability to intricately break down words and syllables. He’s able to incorporate gun line and aggression which keeps his style fresh. Blue’s coming into the tourney as a heavy favorite. The biggest questions will be if he’s able to keep his style anonymous and if he can incorporate personals into his gimmicks.

Chyeahhh!!!

Cred’s best bud is here. Chyeahhh has the mind of a genius and I’m gonna bet he can destroy a gimmick verse. I like this guy, he spices shit up on the board and isn’t afraid to fight admins and smods seeking justice. Hell yeah.

Unfukwitable

Hey bro don’t worry I’m working on an app where you’ll be able to telepathically check into your battles. Unfuk is usually back and forth with the activity but I’m hoping, really hoping he stays active here and shows up. He’s a dope battler and has a nice unorthodox style that typically suits him well. I’ll guess he goes pretty far in this tournament.

Plot

Plot my boy, I almost replaced you but decided not to since you’ve always been so good to me. I’m really hoping you show because you tend to stray away sometimes. You’re Australian. But no, Plot is a good battler and has elevated a lot in this most recent season of the 1-2 Punch League. I think he can go far here and I’m looking forward to see what he can do.

Ryno

Ryno is good, he’s a beast over at RB and he’s been killing shit over here as well. I haven’t seen him gimmick battle before but I’m certain he’ll do well and I’m gonna go ahead and say he makes it far.

Power Rankings

1. bleak

2. King Karaoke

3. Blue Bayou

4. Aero

5. Infiltrate

6. BodySnatcher

7. Flow

8. Unfukwitable

Outro

Alright that wraps up the Round 1 mag. Not too much to say this round since it’s the beginning, we should have a lot more to speak on for next weeks. Looking forward to this shit. Remember to VOTE!

Last edited by For Battling; 11-12-2018 at 05:36 PM.
For Battling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 01:19 PM   #2
For Battling

For Battling has a brilliant futureFor Battling has a brilliant futureFor Battling has a brilliant futureFor Battling has a brilliant futureFor Battling has a brilliant futureFor Battling has a brilliant futureFor Battling has a brilliant futureFor Battling has a brilliant futureFor Battling has a brilliant futureFor Battling has a brilliant futureFor Battling has a brilliant future

@Sharp @SiK @Black Mask @Seyance @Blanco Bishop @Sho Money EMG @serge T @Zuch @Universe @Papi @Balanced @Meth @Slechtn @Mike Wrecka @Atomic @Greed @Tettris @Sn00p @fraze @iSpaz @Bust @Bash @Bomb Bard @Seanzo @Packed Graves @MetaSin @Resin M-I-C @Frank Metts @Paradigm @Ronin @Useless @Suthaveli @ill nik-A @Wavy Crockett @Frac @Fracture @Knux @Sour joog @Ghost1 @Hush @Cashius @Cred @Strikta @Junto @Tic @murda sho @Muff @veritas @Moe Jetts ] @Infiltration @Resin MIC @God Of War @trap @For Battling @MFtastick @Chyeahh @classickERBL @Barcotic @Plethora @King @Kenny the OG @Jayson Fresh @Toil @Wanderer @10 Senses @dehf @Gunplay @SuckaFreeCashier @Basic M @Plot @Bags @Razah @Maximus @Useless @Ace @Diablo @Lenox @Cool @dead man @big baby @Witty @Amen @Sharp @Dominate @Beyond @Neighbor @JShazo @Sicc @namix @Certain @Joe Boston @Awww Shit @RichardCorey @yzeOne @Diode @Damien @john hensley @Jabari Black @Twodrop @Lenox @DynamiCz @Cereal @Aero @Enbombz @Incredible @Flow @Blue Bayou @El Muffin @Bongo Bear @Grizz @Infiltrate @Mediocrity @WRATH @Cashius @Knucklehead @bleak @ORC @takem2school @Exis @BROKE LESNAR @murda sho @ACTIVATE SELF @sraL @Diablo @Innovator @Witty @Alvin Karpis @Profit @Basic M @Swerve @Krucial Th1rt3en @Adonis @Fart @boof @the Munster @Answer @Chyeahhh!!! @Objective @Bleu @Defiant @Lotto Smirk @Letterman @Schadenfreude @Habitat @Killing Spree @Dia @Cyrax @Barcotic @Larkin @Neighbor @MMLP @KempoMRK @Moe Jetts @BodySnatcher
Old 11-12-2018, 01:34 PM   #3
Kill Spree

Battle Record: 3-3

Kill Spree has a brilliant futureKill Spree has a brilliant futureKill Spree has a brilliant futureKill Spree has a brilliant futureKill Spree has a brilliant futureKill Spree has a brilliant futureKill Spree has a brilliant futureKill Spree has a brilliant futureKill Spree has a brilliant futureKill Spree has a brilliant futureKill Spree has a brilliant future

Lmao @ he’s white
Kill Spree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 01:42 PM   #4
Aero
GOAT

Battle Record: 14-17

Champed
- Site Diss Competition
- Tag Tournament III
- Lyric Olympics
- Tag Tournament: "Omicron Variant"

Aero Aero Aero Aero Aero Aero Aero Aero Aero Aero Aero

Dope mag!!! Zelph here to give text a little bit of life.

Aero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 02:01 PM   #5
John Dillinger

Battle Record: 8-7

Accomplishments
-NBL Pic Roast

Champed
-Netcees Writers League

John Dillinger has a brilliant futureJohn Dillinger has a brilliant futureJohn Dillinger has a brilliant futureJohn Dillinger has a brilliant futureJohn Dillinger has a brilliant futureJohn Dillinger has a brilliant futureJohn Dillinger has a brilliant futureJohn Dillinger has a brilliant futureJohn Dillinger has a brilliant futureJohn Dillinger has a brilliant futureJohn Dillinger has a brilliant future

Jabari only input on this was for Barcotic and Bayou lol

We know who my dawg voting for

Solid mag tho
John Dillinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 02:08 PM   #6
For Battling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jit View Post
Jabari only input on this was for Barcotic and Bayou lol

We know who my dawg voting for

Solid mag tho
Lmao nah he’s not done yet
Old 11-12-2018, 02:52 PM   #7
Blue Bayou
Ukrainian Howlitzers

Battle Record: 41-24

Accomplishments
- Hall of Fame

Champed
- NBL Season 3
- Alias Tournament II
- Fight Night XLVIII
- Fight Night XXV
- Fight Night XV
- Fight Night (3x)
- Netcees Battle League (4x)
- NBL Tag Team Season 3
- Lyric Olympics
- 1-2 Punch League (3x)
- Battle Arena League (2x)
- Key Grand Prix 2018 1/2
- BA Tag
- NPL Roast
- Netcees Pic League

Blue Bayou has a brilliant futureBlue Bayou has a brilliant futureBlue Bayou has a brilliant futureBlue Bayou has a brilliant futureBlue Bayou has a brilliant futureBlue Bayou has a brilliant futureBlue Bayou has a brilliant futureBlue Bayou has a brilliant futureBlue Bayou has a brilliant futureBlue Bayou has a brilliant futureBlue Bayou has a brilliant future

Love you Jabari
-kungfugrip
Blue Bayou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 02:57 PM   #8
Jabari Black
Sun Tzu

Battle Record: 13-6

Champed
- Battle Arena League
- 1-2 Punch League
- Netcees Battle League
- Netcees SOL

Jabari Black has a brilliant futureJabari Black has a brilliant futureJabari Black has a brilliant futureJabari Black has a brilliant futureJabari Black has a brilliant futureJabari Black has a brilliant futureJabari Black has a brilliant futureJabari Black has a brilliant futureJabari Black has a brilliant futureJabari Black has a brilliant futureJabari Black has a brilliant future

Lmaoo I sent it to Zelph as I wrote them not knowing he already wrote intros. I thought I was making a contribution lol
Jabari Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 03:11 PM   #9
Lenox
Hungry

Battle Record: 1-5

Lenox has a brilliant futureLenox has a brilliant futureLenox has a brilliant futureLenox has a brilliant futureLenox has a brilliant futureLenox has a brilliant futureLenox has a brilliant futureLenox has a brilliant futureLenox has a brilliant futureLenox has a brilliant futureLenox has a brilliant future

in for no shows

I have a new found respect for the ***....real men shoot heroin....pussy boys smoke weed
Lenox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 03:51 PM   #10
For Battling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lenox View Post
in for no shows
You can eat a fat dick you little fagit
Old 11-12-2018, 04:19 PM   #11
Lenox
Hungry

Battle Record: 1-5

Lenox has a brilliant futureLenox has a brilliant futureLenox has a brilliant futureLenox has a brilliant futureLenox has a brilliant futureLenox has a brilliant futureLenox has a brilliant futureLenox has a brilliant futureLenox has a brilliant futureLenox has a brilliant futureLenox has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by For Battling View Post
You can eat a fat dick you little fagit

LMFAOOOO. Repped

I have a new found respect for the ***....real men shoot heroin....pussy boys smoke weed
Lenox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 04:45 PM   #12
BodySnatcher
Hail Mary Haymakers

Battle Record: 17-7

Champed
- BAL Roast
- Battle Arena League
- BAL Season Champ

BodySnatcher has a brilliant futureBodySnatcher has a brilliant futureBodySnatcher has a brilliant futureBodySnatcher has a brilliant futureBodySnatcher has a brilliant futureBodySnatcher has a brilliant futureBodySnatcher has a brilliant futureBodySnatcher has a brilliant futureBodySnatcher has a brilliant futureBodySnatcher has a brilliant futureBodySnatcher has a brilliant future

Should be dope.
BodySnatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 07:56 PM   #13
Inno
Ad mini tator

Battle Record: 26-54

Champed
- Lime Green Poetry Association
- Black August
- 1-2 Punch League

Inno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond repute

Good stuff zelph FOR THE CULTURE!!
Inno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 10:48 PM   #14
Unfukwitable
baz∞ka

Battle Record: 38-35

Champed
- Fight Night 7
- Battle Arena Tournament
- 1-2 Punch League

Unfukwitable has a brilliant futureUnfukwitable has a brilliant futureUnfukwitable has a brilliant futureUnfukwitable has a brilliant futureUnfukwitable has a brilliant futureUnfukwitable has a brilliant futureUnfukwitable has a brilliant futureUnfukwitable has a brilliant futureUnfukwitable has a brilliant futureUnfukwitable has a brilliant futureUnfukwitable has a brilliant future

Old 11-15-2018, 04:26 AM   #15
bleak
yeet

Battle Record: 20-34

Champed
- 1-2 Punch League

bleak has a brilliant futurebleak has a brilliant futurebleak has a brilliant futurebleak has a brilliant futurebleak has a brilliant futurebleak has a brilliant futurebleak has a brilliant futurebleak has a brilliant futurebleak has a brilliant futurebleak has a brilliant futurebleak has a brilliant future

I'm #1 in the power rankings lol

Battle to the death
like a woolah what it do to one’s medulla oblongata- revenge of Montezuma on a blotter
bleak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2018, 04:33 AM   #16
sral
Shrewd as evearthed

Battle Record: 28-3

Champed
- Gimmick Battle League
- The Winter Topical
- Topical Martyrs
- Lyric Olympics
- Art of Writing League
- Guerrilla Writing League (2x)
- Black August II

sral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleak View Post
lmao they’re in reverse order this round bro
sral is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2018, 04:35 AM   #17
sral
Shrewd as evearthed

Battle Record: 28-3

Champed
- Gimmick Battle League
- The Winter Topical
- Topical Martyrs
- Lyric Olympics
- Art of Writing League
- Guerrilla Writing League (2x)
- Black August II

sral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond repute

I’m still convinced Jabari is just Schadenfreude under a diff name tbreal

can’t believe more didn’t notice his disappearance/JB’s emergence
sral is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2018, 05:43 AM   #18
For Battling

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleak View Post
Why are you surprised? I have high hopeth for you
Old 11-15-2018, 06:09 AM   #19
Amen
As-salamu alaykum!

Battle Record: 19-8

Champed
- 1-2 Punch League Season 6

Amen Amen Amen Amen Amen Amen Amen Amen Amen Amen Amen

Nah, Jabari not Shad.
Amen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2018, 09:29 AM   #20
Jabari Black
Sun Tzu

Battle Record: 13-6

Champed
- Battle Arena League
- 1-2 Punch League
- Netcees Battle League
- Netcees SOL

Jabari Black has a brilliant futureJabari Black has a brilliant futureJabari Black has a brilliant futureJabari Black has a brilliant futureJabari Black has a brilliant futureJabari Black has a brilliant futureJabari Black has a brilliant futureJabari Black has a brilliant futureJabari Black has a brilliant futureJabari Black has a brilliant futureJabari Black has a brilliant future

Yeah Lars , I was here for months before Schade left.

If you dig into it, his alias shouldn’t be too hard to figure out.
Jabari Black is offline   Reply With Quote