Netcees  

Go Back   Netcees > Forum > Discussion Board
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

User Tag List

Old 04-09-2014, 01:38 PM   #1
Objective
( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)

Battle Record: 17-32

Objective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant future
Default Netcees. I need your help. Going to work at a festival and apparently the guy in charge wants me to be a teamleader for the backstage.

The thing is. I've only been backstage a couple times in the past, but I've never worked at anything regarding this. Yet he trusts me enough to give me the job so I'm going to do my best. He also mentioned that I'm going to work with stuff regarding the artists, make sure they got what they need, food, entertainment and whatnot. I know it's a shot in the dark to come to NC's for advice, but I'm in dire need of any information I can get my hands on as I'm fresh to this kind of work and the festival is in 4 months(!)

I know some of you are artists, or got experience with how the backstage is set up etc. So, what are the not so known things I should know, and/or different things you would like to see backstage if you were performing at a festival?

It's a rather small local festival, I guess we'll be having about 10-20 artists/bands in total. But I still want to do a decent job as it might grow in size next year and this might be something I'd like to continue working on. Any help/advice is appreciated and will be repped.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=gV8ozGcGJ6o
Objective is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 01:42 PM   #2
Exis

Battle Record: 3-3

Exis Exis Exis Exis Exis Exis Exis Exis Exis Exis Exis

If a guy wants you backstage I'd decline...
Exis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 01:44 PM   #3
PancakeBrah
SOBER

Battle Record: 2-5

Champed
- AOWL Season 2

PancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exis View Post
If a guy wants you backstage I'd decline...
LOL BECAUSE HE'S PROBS A FAGGOT WHO WANTS TO FUCK OBJECTIVE LOL RIGHT

moron. u just mad objective is stylin' on u nigga
And the ditch in the back road stop
Could you find me?
PancakeBrah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 01:47 PM   #4
Exis

Don't you have sumthin' better to do then play footsies with me in every thread? Obv not.
Old 04-09-2014, 01:52 PM   #5
Tettris
Retiree

Battle Record: 10-2

Champed
- Netcees Battle League

Tettris has a brilliant futureTettris has a brilliant futureTettris has a brilliant futureTettris has a brilliant futureTettris has a brilliant futureTettris has a brilliant futureTettris has a brilliant futureTettris has a brilliant futureTettris has a brilliant futureTettris has a brilliant futureTettris has a brilliant future

I've done quite a bit of this work myself...a few suggestions...

1. Keep everyone organized...make sure everyone is on the same page and aware of their jobs

2. Don't take anything the artists/management say personally...some of them have probably been on the road all year and have very short tempers...

3. Everyone is going to pull you in different directions. Make sure you stick to YOUR plan and schedule. You know what's going on...they don't.

4. Stay calm...sounds easy but once you start interacting with so many different personalities, it becomes difficult...everyone thinks they are the star so appeasing them can be a difficult task...keep your cool and stay confident in what you tell them...if you don't, they will sniff it out and you will be everyone's bitch...

good luck homey...its an extremely fun experience and a great way to interact with people you wouldn't normally come in contact with...and it can definitely lead to other opportunities
Old 04-09-2014, 08:11 PM   #6
Objective
( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)

Battle Record: 17-32

Objective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant future

@Tettris: This is golden, thanks. Definitely noted.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=gV8ozGcGJ6o
Objective is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 08:18 PM   #7
dead man
living

Battle Record: 33-18

Accomplishments
- Hall of Fame

Champed
- AOWL Season 1
- Art of Writing League
- AOWL Season 4
- Write Week V
- GWL Season 1

dead man has a brilliant futuredead man has a brilliant futuredead man has a brilliant futuredead man has a brilliant futuredead man has a brilliant futuredead man has a brilliant futuredead man has a brilliant futuredead man has a brilliant futuredead man has a brilliant futuredead man has a brilliant futuredead man has a brilliant future

only green m&m's in the dressing rooms
Old 04-09-2014, 08:46 PM   #8
Ghost1

Battle Record: 0-1

Ghost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant future

Man FUCK

I was gonna do exis and dead man's post combined

So I was gonna be like

AYO LAWL ALL U GOT A DO IS PUT DICKS IN UR MOUTH AN ASSORT M&MS BY COLOR

fuckin shit.

Pretend I posted first

Lol?
Not saying being drunk doesn’t mess up you reasoning. I’m turning 20 soon so I haven’t had a drink ever.
Ghost1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 09:07 PM   #9
Exis

You deserve rep, now tell me how to give it to ya lol.
Old 04-09-2014, 09:09 PM   #10
Ghost1

Ghost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant future

Still haven't figured it out yet? Lol

Click on the little pic of the scale next to the online thing under ur avy
Not saying being drunk doesn’t mess up you reasoning. I’m turning 20 soon so I haven’t had a drink ever.
Old 04-09-2014, 09:24 PM   #11
Exis

Under your avy you mean lol...can't rep myself nigga.
Old 04-09-2014, 09:39 PM   #12
Ghost1

Every1 has 1.........