Old 06-04-2018, 10:15 PM   #1
uh-oh
DA GOD

Battle Record: 1-0

Champed
- Beat Battle II
- Beat Battle V
- Beat Bags

uh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant future
Default Is there actual logic behind apple vs pc/android

Without being a person who sides with one or the other can it be explained logically?

Ive messed with macs and pcs, never had an iphone tho but there is the misconception of it being because its a price thing which never made sense to me, but i usually always get the stupid expensive android. It was never a non conformist type thing tho on some fuck iphones it was just at the time the note had a giant screen, so i stayed with those a few generations. Then i got the LG because it came with a free 49" tv and a google home lol

But word is it just preference or is there actual specs and shit that make one better

Cuz i look at like 2800 dollar macs that are 2 generations behind in everything but somehow theyre perceived as workhorses that shit on everything. But lets say its all equal, like you build a pc for 1300 with the same everything

Is the apple product better or is it just marketing and our desire to be part of a team
Old 06-04-2018, 10:19 PM   #2
uh-oh
DA GOD

Battle Record: 1-0

Champed
- Beat Battle II
- Beat Battle V
- Beat Bags

uh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant future

Basically asking cuz im probably going to get an iphone so i can get the laughable app

and im thinking of building a dedicated studio outside of my gaming/office so im not distracted when i want to make beats

And that was like the go to as a kid in high school on some oh your building a studio you need a mac mannnn

So is there truth to it or what
Old 06-04-2018, 10:24 PM   #3
Finnydot

Champed
- Beat Battle I

Finnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant future

There is truth with the music, but not the phones.
Finnydot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 10:25 PM   #4
Twodrop
Unknown

Battle Record: 2-2

Twodrop Twodrop Twodrop Twodrop Twodrop Twodrop Twodrop Twodrop Twodrop Twodrop Twodrop

once I found out apple doesn't support fruity loops... I went full pc/android.

As far as the OS goes, Android >
Twodrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 10:27 PM   #5
~RustyGunZ~
(ง'̀-'́)ง

Battle Record: 52-28

Accomplishments
-50+ wins

Champed
-Summer Classic VIII
-Netcees Battle League
-BA Picture
-BA TagTeam
-Fight Night Cypher I
-Fight Night XXXV
-Key Grand Prix 2018 1/2

~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute

Big and little differences. Mostly in exclusive hardware and software.

Like Macs are great because you can have an iPad and iPhone and HomePod all linked together and be part of the “apple ecosystem”. iMessage throughout them etc.

If you do music or video editing macs have logic and Final Cut Pro.

But they’re overpriced for those features. Technically speaking they aren’t that much more expensive hardware wise they just use hardware a lot of people don’t justify. A big piece of their prices involve their 5k displays.

PC and android give you the ability to create your own ecosystem but there isn’t a combination that works as fluid as having all apple products. You have a wide price range and style choices. Can custom build. Semi open source. It’s not any better permfocmance wise just a bit more free. But like with most things freedom means little hiccups and rough edges.

People buying apple products to seem elitist has been dead (or at least in the eye of an outsider) for a long time lol. Aside from the X the flagships have all been in line with Samsung/Google/LG and are all pretty similar.

I use an iPhone X and OG Pixel. My PC has 3 480gb SSDs that house a hackintosh build, windows 10 and Linux. I use everything and like what they offer.

There’s more but that’s as brief as I felt I could be
~RustyGunZ~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 10:33 PM   #6
Twodrop
Unknown

Twodrop Twodrop Twodrop Twodrop Twodrop Twodrop Twodrop Twodrop Twodrop Twodrop Twodrop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knucklehead View Post
Big and little differences. Mostly in exclusive hardware and software.

Like Macs are great because you can have an iPad and iPhone and HomePod all linked together and be part of the “apple ecosystem”. iMessage throughout them etc.

If you do music or video editing macs have logic and Final Cut Pro.

But they’re overpriced for those features. Technically speaking they aren’t that much more expensive hardware wise they just use hardware a lot of people don’t justify. A big piece of their prices involve their 5k displays.

PC and android give you the ability to create your own ecosystem but there isn’t a combination that works as fluid as having all apple products. You have a wide price range and style choices. Can custom build. Semi open source. It’s not any better permfocmance wise just a bit more free. But like with most things freedom means little hiccups and rough edges.

People buying apple products to seem elitist has been dead (or at least in the eye of an outsider) for a long time lol. Aside from the X the flagships have all been in line with Samsung/Google/LG and are all pretty similar.

I use an iPhone X and OG Pixel. My PC has 3 480gb SSDs that house a hackintosh build, windows 10 and Linux. I use everything and like what they offer.

There’s more but that’s as brief as I felt I could be
what do u do for work?
Old 06-04-2018, 11:19 PM   #7
WRATH

Battle Record: 4-4

WRATH has a brilliant futureWRATH has a brilliant futureWRATH has a brilliant futureWRATH has a brilliant futureWRATH has a brilliant futureWRATH has a brilliant futureWRATH has a brilliant futureWRATH has a brilliant futureWRATH has a brilliant futureWRATH has a brilliant futureWRATH has a brilliant future

You buy a mac for business purposes. You buy PC for everything else.
WRATH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 11:33 PM   #8
Exis

Battle Record: 3-3

Exis Exis Exis Exis Exis Exis Exis Exis Exis Exis Exis

^^Word...
Exis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2018, 12:17 AM   #9
~RustyGunZ~
(ง'̀-'́)ง

Accomplishments
-50+ wins

Champed
-Summer Classic VIII
-Netcees Battle League
-BA Picture
-BA TagTeam
-Fight Night Cypher I
-Fight Night XXXV
-Key Grand Prix 2018 1/2

~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRATH View Post
You buy a mac for business purposes. You buy PC for everything else.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exis View Post
^^Word...
Inaccurate to great depths lmao

You buy a Mac for work at a company that uses Final Cut or Logic/develops for iOS

Or if you just like MacBooks. But there is no reason other than personal preference to buy a Mac other than those reasons.

Actual computer scientist (coders/developers yada yada) mostly work with Linux. Some will use MacBooks since it is Unix based but 99% of people I know that work in tech use a generic branded laptop with a linux distro
Old 06-05-2018, 12:19 AM   #10
Twodrop
Unknown

Quote:
Inaccurate to great depths lmao

You buy a Mac for work at a company that uses Final Cut or Logic/develops for iOS

Or if you just like MacBooks. But there is no reason other than personal preference to buy a Mac other than those reasons.

Actual computer scientist (coders/developers yada yada) mostly work with Linux. Some will use MacBooks since it is Unix based but 99% of people I know that work in tech use a generic branded laptop with a linux distro
Can I bounce my new C++ algorithm off u?
Old 06-05-2018, 12:20 AM   #11
Incredible

Battle Record: 6-15

Incredible has a brilliant futureIncredible has a brilliant futureIncredible has a brilliant futureIncredible has a brilliant futureIncredible has a brilliant futureIncredible has a brilliant futureIncredible has a brilliant futureIncredible has a brilliant futureIncredible has a brilliant futureIncredible has a brilliant futureIncredible has a brilliant future

Well and I believe MACs are known for being much harder to hack into. Feel like its a security thing for a lot of people. But also what finny said about the music side the quality/programs/again security being better on the mac. Only thing I really know.
Incredible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2018, 12:20 AM   #12
~RustyGunZ~
(ง'̀-'́)ง

Accomplishments
-50+ wins

Champed
-Summer Classic VIII
-Netcees Battle League
-BA Picture
-BA TagTeam
-Fight Night Cypher I
-Fight Night XXXV
-Key Grand Prix 2018 1/2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twodrop View Post
what do u do for work?
I quit my job to make video games

I do freelance python and ruby coding for ez money every once in awhile when I want to buy a new toy/get myself in random debt
Old 06-05-2018, 12:21 AM   #13
Twodrop
Unknown

Quote:
I quit my job to make video games

I do freelance python and ruby coding for ez money every once in awhile when I want to buy a new toy/get myself in random debt
I strive to be there one day

You fuk w/ Steam games? What type of games are you coding?
Old 06-05-2018, 12:23 AM   #14
~RustyGunZ~
(ง'̀-'́)ง

Accomplishments
-50+ wins

Champed
-Summer Classic VIII
-Netcees Battle League
-BA Picture
-BA TagTeam
-Fight Night Cypher I
-Fight Night XXXV
-Key Grand Prix 2018 1/2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incredible View Post
Well and I believe MACs are known for being much harder to hack into. Feel like its a security thing for a lot of people. But also what finny said about the music side the quality/programs/again security being better on the mac. Only thing I really know.
Common misconception. It's not more difficult to break, people just don't try to break MacOS usually. Most "hacking" is just people reusing public code to get access to peoples computers through spam/torrents. There is no magic code that would be effective on a PC and Mac, so since the vast majority of computer users are on Windows, those "hackers" use code that works with Windows.

On top of usage, the people that DO use MacOS usually can afford pretty much any music/software they want and are not the type to get viruses anyway
Old 06-05-2018, 12:27 AM   #15
~RustyGunZ~
(ง'̀-'́)ง

Accomplishments
-50+ wins

Champed
-Summer Classic VIII
-Netcees Battle League
-BA Picture
-BA TagTeam
-Fight Night Cypher I
-Fight Night XXXV
-Key Grand Prix 2018 1/2

Quote:
I strive to be there one day

You fuk w/ Steam games? What type of games are you coding?
I use Steam to play games

I code C# in Unity for game dev. I'm working on a little mobile game myself, and am doing a 2D top down civ/rpg with a friend and some other outsiders here and there.

It's not for everyone, but pretty much if you can get over the hurdle of learning moderate coding you will snowball into more complicated stuff. A looott of people fall on their faces thinking coding is easy and a nice new way to make lots of money.
Old 06-05-2018, 12:27 AM   #16
~RustyGunZ~
(ง'̀-'́)ง

Accomplishments
-50+ wins

Champed
-Summer Classic VIII
-Netcees Battle League
-BA Picture
-BA TagTeam
-Fight Night Cypher I
-Fight Night XXXV
-Key Grand Prix 2018 1/2

Quote:
Can I bounce my new C++ algorithm off u?
What's it for?
Old 06-05-2018, 12:33 AM   #17
~RustyGunZ~
(ง'̀-'́)ง

Accomplishments
-50+ wins

Champed
-Summer Classic VIII
-Netcees Battle League
-BA Picture
-BA TagTeam
-Fight Night Cypher I
-Fight Night XXXV
-Key Grand Prix 2018 1/2

Quote:
Originally Posted by uh-oh View Post
Basically asking cuz im probably going to get an iphone so i can get the laughable app

and im thinking of building a dedicated studio outside of my gaming/office so im not distracted when i want to make beats

And that was like the go to as a kid in high school on some oh your building a studio you need a mac mannnn

So is there truth to it or what
Do you want to use Logic or Adobe software?

If not, it is not worth the money IMO. A lot of music heads would probably disagree, but a lot of them don't understand the tech and use Dr Dre headphones soyaknowman
Old 06-05-2018, 12:34 AM   #18
Twodrop
Unknown

Quote:
What's it for?
I was thinking of something clever to say,

but I struggle Alphabetizing arrays...

My bro just got his Bach in comp science from UCI(cali)

...he tries to tell me about C#... goes over my head.
Old 06-05-2018, 12:41 AM   #19
~RustyGunZ~
(ง'̀-'́)ง

Accomplishments
-50+ wins

Champed
-Summer Classic VIII
-Netcees Battle League
-BA Picture
-BA TagTeam
-Fight Night Cypher I
-Fight Night XXXV
-Key Grand Prix 2018 1/2

Quote:
I was thinking of something clever to say,

but I struggle Alphabetizing arrays...

My bro just got his Bach in comp science from UCI(cali)

...he tries to tell me about C#... goes over my head.
so you wanna take an array and turn it into an alphabetized list basically? is that your algorithm or something you're struggling with within it?
Old 06-05-2018, 12:45 AM   #20
Twodrop
Unknown

No, that was a final project for a C++ class I took at community college.

Aced it.

Tags
android = ps1 graphics, muff is a bitch