Netcees  

Go Back   Netcees > Forum > Discussion Board

User Tag List

Old 07-27-2015, 07:31 PM   #41
Objective
( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)

Battle Record: 17-32

Objective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. J View Post
I did not know it was a trilogy...interesting
Word, the others can't compare to Oldboy but shit's worth to watch anyways. I'd jump on it if I was you.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=gV8ozGcGJ6o
Objective is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2015, 07:35 PM   #42
sral
Shrewd as evearthed

Battle Record: 28-3

Champed
- Gimmick Battle League
- The Winter Topical
- Topical Martyrs
- Lime Green Poetry Association
- Lyric Olympics
- Art of Writing League
- Guerrilla Writing League (2x)
- Black August II

sral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond repute

Maniac

It's only like 2 and a half minutes in and two people have been killed already on a beach. One with a cut throat razor to the neck, the other garrotted from behind. I like this shit. Way better than the remake (which I'd seen previous to this one tbc).

The leads face as he kills looks really menacing, wild-eyed and sweating profusely, it's really believable due to Savinis work. The scalping too in the original looks better than the remake IMHO - despite it's age.

The leads schizo qualities where he's talking to himself and dressing up the mannequins with the scalped wigs is haunting too. Very odd yet it definitely adds to the movie here, as you seem to see inside the killers mind. Another great thing here is the POV shots from the killers eye, him following in the car early on is a nice touch - they obv picked up on that in the female where you see the entire thing from that perspective. It's used to great effect in this one too.

There's a great scene around the half an hour mark where a guy gets his melon split open via a close range shotgun blast through a car windscreen. I can def see why this ultra violence had it on the BBFCs banned list all those years ago - especially given the hype around the video nasties of the era and outcry surrounding certain films. Is it disturbing? I guess the concept of the film portraying the serial killers mind and actions is disturbing, sure, but the movie isn't that bad or graphic compared to what we have now. I quite like the fact it's not as over the top in that sense, the film is more about the Frank Zito character and what makes him tick rather than senseless brutality and non-stop violence. That's what makes it interesting. He plays the character so well he makes him believable. More so than I found with Elijah Wood in the remake.

There's the obligatory cliche chase through a Cemetary which is wack but I looked past it, you get a hint at the killers troubled past through child abuse but then one of the strangest, unforgettable death scenes you'll see as a room full of mannequins come alive, stab the serial killer and cut off his arm before decapitating his head from his body with their bare hands. Only it doesn't end there... (as I'm sure the remake does, and this one quite possibly could have done) it turns out that the mannequin death scene had been in the killers dreams! He is on his bed with a long knife embedded in his stomach, eyes shut, blood soaked sheets etc

Two police officers enter his room, seemingly as if they've solved the recent spate of killings and located the guy responsible. Seeing him lay on the bed pooled in his own blood and knifed in the gut, they presume he's dead, and go to search his apartment for clues/more bodies/accomplices/who knows? Anyway as they exit the room he is lay in, the camera pans into his face and BOOM! his eyes open to indicate this tale isn't finished there... THE END!

I don't know if there is a part two to this one, if there is I don't have it. This was great though for a movie older than even I am. Maybe not top of my disturbing list, but still a damn good movie and it's remake is still pretty good too - and fairly in keep with its predecessor even if they alter in some respects. Personally, I like this one (the first) slightly better. The Frank Zito character is played really well and looks like Ron Jeremy in his younger years LOL
sral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2015, 07:41 PM   #43
sral
Shrewd as evearthed

Champed
- Gimmick Battle League
- The Winter Topical
- Topical Martyrs
- Lyric Olympics
- Art of Writing League
- Black August II

sral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Objective View Post
The original Oldboy is the shit. Not having seen Oldboy I guess you haven't seen Sympathy for Mr. Vengeance and Sympathy for Lady Vengeance either? Watch that trilogy man, Oldboy is the highlight ofc but still - Mr.Vengeance, Oldboy and Lady Vengeance in that order. Shit's a trilogy man, trilogies are meant to be seen in marathons.
got them/haven't watched

knew it's a trilogy though

the trouble with me is I add shit to my collection all the time if I find me cheap enough and I don't get round to watch anywhere near what I should lol
Old 07-27-2015, 07:45 PM   #44
Objective
( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)

Objective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by sraL View Post
the trouble with me is I add shit to my collection all the time if I find me cheap enough and I don't get round to watch anywhere near what I should lol
Out of the most relevant movies that are both dope as a cult classic (Oldboy and the trilogy will be) and known by the general public you should get around to that shit now. At the very least watch Oldboy man. How often does an Asian movie actually reach the public interest to such a degree that one has? I don't like to hype movies because then you get stupid high expectations that can't be met by anyone, watch it and go ''it ain't all that'' but idgaf, just watch it. I don't think you'll regret it.

Last edited by Objective; 07-27-2015 at 07:52 PM. Reason: It was a bit uncalled for telling you to stop being a fucking dick and watch it so I removed it from my post.
Old 07-28-2015, 05:38 AM   #45
sral
Shrewd as evearthed

Champed
- Gimmick Battle League
- The Winter Topical
- Topical Martyrs
- Lyric Olympics
- Art of Writing League
- Black August II

LOL it's weird to me because I've got a ton of J-Horrors and Asian Cat. 3s... a Tale Of Two Sisters, Exte, Dumplings, Grotesque, The Butcher, Ringu, The Eye, Tetsuo etc

so quite a few are on my radar really. I'll def watch today though!
Old 07-28-2015, 10:31 AM   #46
Pastor Troy

Pastor Troy Pastor Troy Pastor Troy Pastor Troy Pastor Troy Pastor Troy Pastor Troy Pastor Troy Pastor Troy Pastor Troy Pastor Troy

Nice reviews man.

Barron you a member at movieforumz?
Pastor Troy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2015, 10:38 AM   #47
Pastor Troy

Pastor Troy Pastor Troy Pastor Troy Pastor Troy Pastor Troy Pastor Troy Pastor Troy Pastor Troy Pastor Troy Pastor Troy Pastor Troy

Objective

whats ur all time top 10.

just curious

u seem to kno a lot about movies.
Old 07-28-2015, 11:43 AM   #48
Pastor Troy

I'm latvian .

N trust me Barron there are way too many belgian films that are nasty as fuck.

ill throw down the list in some time
Old 07-28-2015, 12:59 PM   #49
Objective
( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)

@Pastor Troy... I went overboard with that movie shit... :/ But ye, here you go, haha:

A quick top 10 in no particular order:
Can't decide between Howl's Moving Castle (JAP) or Princess Mononoke (JAP) to be a part of the top 10 to rep animé.
Pulp Fiction (US) - Quentin Tarantino's best work imo. It got everything and it seems like I always discover something new about the story or whatever each time I watch it. The trivia for this shit is endless as well.
In Bruges (UK/US) - Drama about two hitmen stuck in Bruges, Belgium for an indefinite time, got a lot of dark humor and great dialogue. Don't watch the trailer, it ruins too much.
Lucky Number Slevin (US) - Incredible thriller with a thought out plot, among Bruce Willis best performances as well.
Requiem for a Dream (US) - Best movie about addiction ever, don't watch this high, it'll ruin the mood.
The Bothersome Man (NOR) - Questions modern society and where we're going.
A Clockwork Orange (UK) - Does it really need a description?
Holy Motors (FRA) - Weird af but deep and questions modern society and the roles we take.
In China they Eat Dogs (DEN) - Comedy, can't stop laughing at this shit. Genious storyline.
Carnival of Souls (US) - Among my all time fav US Horror movies, hard to pick but thought this deserved a spot.

Worth mentioning:
Christiane F (GER) - (Cult classic within drug movies based on a true story and it's as real as it gets cus people have spoken out about what happens in that movie.)
Running Scared (US) - My fav high-paced action movie. Paul Walkers best performance imo, really fucking dope storyline as well. Gruesome af.
American Beauty (US) - Drama, Kevin Spacey outdid himself on this one.
King of Bastoy (NOR) - Gruesome movie based on a true story, it's local history for me as well. I've passed the island that shit happens on by boat countless times.
Lilja-4-Ever (SWE/DEN) - Dark gritty drama about the misfortune fate of Lilja in the early Soviet Union.
The Boy in the Striped Pajamas (UK) - Drama following World War 2 through the eyes of an innocent boy.
Grave of the Fireflies (JAP) - Top 5 dramas ever made, animated or not.
Melancholia (DEN) - Extremely dark slow paced drama.
Gran Torino (US) - Drama, Clint Eastwood in recent years. Pretty mainstream as far as movie viewers go, I loved it.
And ofc. Battle Royale, this one should have been among my top 10 but yeah.

I just got stop at this point...

Top 10 Wildcards in no particular order:
Funny Games (US) - For the creativity and concept alone, it'll definitely catch you off guard.
Shaolin Soccer (CHN) - Funny af movie recommended to watch after a toke or something, crazy shit.
Hobo With a Shotgun (US) - Sick shit. A hobo go on a tirade to get revenge.
2001: A Space Odyssey - For that way out there movie that uses human psychology to put you in the right mood. The movie takes use of long drawn out scenes and uses minimum sounds at times to cause an effect of boredom and emptiness, it's done on purpose.
Turin Horse - Haven't seen it yet, but having heard of the cinematography it'll probably get a spot in here so I'm mentioning it. No dialogue until you're 20 mins into the movie and filmed with a real black/white lens, even though it's from 2011 or something it looks like it's from the 30-40's. I'm saving this one for the time I'm really in mood for something like this.
Ameliè from Montmartre (FRA) - French drama, kind of dark yet joyful and happy in tone. I enjoyed it a lot.
Pan's Labyrinth - Drama/fantasy, lovely movie.
Tokyo Gore Police - Sci-fi horror/gore from Japan that got a message about which direction we're going in and the ''dangers'' of privatizing police. Deeper meaning and brings up more points than a lot give it credit for.
Sin City - Three stories and one comic made into film. FILLED with oneliners, it doesn't get more gritty than this.
Silent Hill - Might be my fav horror movie of all time, da fuq isn't this on my top 10? Fuck, top 10 isn't enough man. Anyways, this sick shit is a video game made into a movie. The story/plot is a psychologist nightmare and it excels in so many areas it should be a crime to say you love horror movies without having seen it. It's just dope af.

Yo, I wrote this while waiting for a call... What started out as 10 minutes led to thirty-forty minutes of me talking. I can go on for fucking ever, whahahah. Well, hope you enjoyed it, lol.

Last edited by Objective; 07-28-2015 at 01:03 PM.
Old 07-28-2015, 01:28 PM   #50
Pastor Troy

i guess i 've seen 70 % of the movies that u've mentioned here.

what are your thoughts about Films that get selected for the Palme d 'or and the different sub categories . one that happens at cannes every year.
Old 07-28-2015, 01:29 PM   #51
Pastor Troy

im def checking out the ones i missed frm ur list as well

Thanks
Old 07-28-2015, 01:39 PM   #52
Objective
( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)

I don't really follow it at all but Cannes Festival is interesting af and I'd love to go sometime. I generally just end up suddenly checking out some movies from that country/area/region, producers/directors and/or category and that's about it. Some bingewatching now and then and that's that. No probs, it's just cool to get some movie discussions now and again. Hope you enjoy the movies I've mentioned tho'.

What's your top 10 list?

Old 07-28-2015, 02:15 PM   #53
Mr. J
The Clown Prince

Battle Record: 35-45

Champed
- Art of Writing League

Mr. J has a brilliant futureMr. J has a brilliant futureMr. J has a brilliant futureMr. J has a brilliant futureMr. J has a brilliant futureMr. J has a brilliant futureMr. J has a brilliant futureMr. J has a brilliant futureMr. J has a brilliant futureMr. J has a brilliant futureMr. J has a brilliant future

Quote:
I don't really follow it at all but Cannes Festival is interesting af and I'd love to go sometime. I generally just end up suddenly checking out some movies from that country/area/region, producers/directors and/or category and that's about it. Some bingewatching now and then and that's that. No probs, it's just cool to get some movie discussions now and again. Hope you enjoy the movies I've mentioned tho'.

What's your top 10 list?
Rep'd for Princess Mononoke & Running Scared tho...
Old 07-28-2015, 02:25 PM   #54
Pastor Troy

After Hours
The killing-(Kubrick)
Elephant-(Gus van sant)
Dogville
Eastern promises-(Not for cronenberg , but for steven knight)
Lust Caution
The Edge of heaven
Hard Boiled- one big tony leung Fan.

Not exactly my top ten. but probably underrated ones i've enjoyed most.

i dont have a top ten list tbh.
Old 07-31-2015, 02:51 PM   #55
Objective
( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)

Dope shit @Pastor Troy, I don't think a top 10 list exists. It's fucking impossible to put together. Damn, Hard Boiled, haven't seen it in ages. I don't think I even remember the movie anymore. Beside of that you got some dope movies there but most I actually haven't seen. Going to check them out soon enough though.

Word @Mr.J, Running Scared and Mononoke is the shit. Watched both those movies countless times!

Old 07-31-2015, 05:39 PM   #56
sral
Shrewd as evearthed

Champed
- Gimmick Battle League
- The Winter Topical
- Topical Martyrs
- Lyric Olympics
- Art of Writing League
- Black August II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pastor Troy View Post
Nice reviews man.

Barron you a member at movieforumz?
Nah, I write these up purely for my own twisted enjoyment haha!

Dogtooth I been meaning to watch for a while. I think my versions greek? Unsure. There's a booklet inside with an interview with Yorgos Lanthimos.

Fuck it, I've a free house tonight, gonna throw it on now. Just peeped the back cover and saw "Contains incest theme and infrequent real sex". Sounds good. I'm gonna crack and beer and throw this on...
Old 07-31-2015, 05:41 PM   #57
sral
Shrewd as evearthed

Champed
- Gimmick Battle League
- The Winter Topical
- Topical Martyrs
- Lyric Olympics
- Art of Writing League
- Black August II

DOGTOOTH this is sorry, not Dogville haha!

Review to follow
Old 07-31-2015, 08:03 PM   #58
sral
Shrewd as evearthed

Champed
- Gimmick Battle League
- The Winter Topical
- Topical Martyrs
- Lyric Olympics
- Art of Writing League
- Black August II

Dogtooth

Right, this film is some pretty crazy Greek shit tbh bruhs! It started off strange, I literally had no idea what was happening at around 15 minutes in... From what I can work out, the parents of these three children in their late teens-twenties are control freaks. At the most extreme you can think of. They lie to their children about everything to do with the outside world, keeping their kids trapped inside the house and garden. These children live entirely sheltered lives with almost zero outside interference. The one son is reaching puberty or sexual maturity, so good old dad enlists this security woman from the world outside to pop around once a week and give his son sex lessons... Not weird enough for you yet? Well, amidst all this, we have some incest between brother and sister. There's a cat who appears in their backyard (which the sheltered kids have never seen) and the son attacks and kills it with a pair of garden shears. As you do.

The father then spins them a yarn on how a cat is a deadly animal that prowls the other side of the garden fences perimeter where they should never go, he covers himself in red paint to look like blood and rips his own clothes to then tell them the cat had killed their brother. It really is as bizarre as it sounds! The three kids are then taught how to defend themselves from a cat incase they ever encounter one again... and the parent watches on as his three grown adult children bark like dogs in his garden on all fours.

What in the actual fuck haha! This movie actually has a darkly comical side to it, I can't help but laugh, but the idea behind this is so out there I guarantee you'll have seen nothing like it before. I certainly haven't.

It almost reminded me of Josef Fritzl at the start, but rather than it be a straight up incestuous keep the children indoors affair - it seemed to me more a "The extremes parents will go to to protect their children" movie in a sense. As I said, the black humour runs right through this film, the kids are told a "pussy" is a big light and that the voice singing "Fly Me To The Moon" is their Grandfather, not Frank Sinatra. It's extraordinary stuff but believable that a family could actually take things that far! A little later, one of the girls acquires video tapes of Rocky and Jaws in return for a sexual favour with the female security guard there to please the brother/son. Once the dad has found out about the videotapes, he duct tapes one to his hand and beats his daughter around the head with it.

LOL

He later heads round to the security bitches house who gave his daughter the tapes, unplugs her VCR then beats her round the head with the player.

There's more incest and dark humour around zombies being little yellow flowers that makes no sense out of context to you guys reading this so I won't bore you with that haha! There's also this fucked up dance routine the kids come up with for their parents wedding anniversary, having no idea of choreography in the world outside, and it's literally the stuff of nightmares seeing them do this dance. I don't think too many things are fucked up, but the cat killing scene and this dance routine are stuck in my mind after watching haha! This bitch stays stone faced all the way through too, I've no idea how she didn't burst out laughing during that crap. It's fucking horrendous. You honestly feel like the woman/daughter is mentally ill and you're watching this when you really shouldn't be. Another thing here I should probably mention that I somehow forgot, is that the title of the film comes from a belief in the family that you can't leave the house until your dogtooth (canine) has fallen out and been replaced. This leads the eldest daughter, the one who got hold of the videos earlier, to try knocking her own tooth out with a weight of some sort. That scenes pretty hard watching smack her own tooth out of her face infront of a mirror...

The daughter then climbs into the boot of the car her father drives, seeming to think this is her way out now she's lost her dogtooth, but obviously no one knows she's in there. The family search but to no avail. The film ends with the camera shot looking at the closed boot of the car. That's it. The parents actions are never explained and in a way that just adds to the fucked up quality of this film, for me at least.

I'd have to say I actually found this to be more disturbing than Irreversible even. And I'm a huge Noe fan, but honestly the fire extinguisher scene affected me more than the rape scene in that movie - and the disturbing factor in this one is right out there.

I'm not really a huge gore hound like a lot of these lists seen based on, once you've seen a few torture porn movies it gets a little tiresome, but the fact families not too far removed from these depicted here - the Wests, the Fritzls etc - it makes this one seem all the more believable. This one rates pretty high for me, higher than a lot of people I've seen compile lists of these shits. I'd say maybe even top ten so far without my list to hand to rate it accordingly. Definitely fucked up and not one I'll forget in a while, but one I may go back and watch again. This ones a good movie actually, completely surprised me. Worth checking out!
Old 07-31-2015, 08:20 PM   #59
Objective
( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)

I love far out there dark movies with morbid humor, got to check yours out sometime. I saw this japanese flick some time ago where a guy ends up killing a reporter he's stalked for some time by mistake (I think it was a car accident?), he brings her home, rape her corpse in some small shielded off flower garden and then blam! Rigor mortis kicks in and the dude is completely stuck. On top of all this his wife is on her way home which ofc offers to help, 5-10 min later of them trying to get him loose his daughter comes home and squeezes her tits so milk from her breasts covers the floor. I couldn't do anything else than laugh uncontrollably as the events played out, lol.

Last edited by Objective; 07-31-2015 at 08:22 PM.
Old 07-31-2015, 08:21 PM   #60
Witty
Lime Life

Battle Record: 30-41

Accomplishments
- Only Slightly Retarded

Champed
- Lyric Olympics
- Summer Classic

Witty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant future

Quote:
I love far out there dark movies with morbid humor, I saw this japanese flick some time ago where a guy kills a reporter, bring her home, rape her corpse in some small shielded off flower garden and then blam! Rigor mortis kicks in and the dude is completely stuck. On top of all this his wife is on her way home which ofc offers to help, 5-10 min later of them trying to get him loose his daughter comes home and squeezes her tits so milk from her breasts covers the floor. I couldn't do anything else than laugh uncontrollably as the events played out, lol.
wtf lol this sounds horrific.

Witty is offline   Reply With Quote