Netcees  

Go Back   Netcees > Forum > Discussion Board
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

User Tag List

Old 01-24-2014, 10:33 PM   #81
Ghost1

Battle Record: 0-1

Ghost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant future

Space
Not saying being drunk doesn’t mess up you reasoning. I’m turning 20 soon so I haven’t had a drink ever.
Ghost1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 07:24 PM   #82
Malachi
Negus

Battle Record: 5-10

Champed
- Newbie Tourney VI

Malachi has a brilliant futureMalachi has a brilliant futureMalachi has a brilliant futureMalachi has a brilliant futureMalachi has a brilliant futureMalachi has a brilliant futureMalachi has a brilliant futureMalachi has a brilliant futureMalachi has a brilliant futureMalachi has a brilliant futureMalachi has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to Malachi

This aint a good look

but ill try one more time @uh-oh
Old 02-03-2014, 07:45 PM   #83
uh-oh
DA GOD

Battle Record: 1-0

Champed
- Beat Battle II
- Beat Battle V
- Beat Bags

uh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant future

i still gotta get another screen recorder, kinda forgot about this lol

i'll keep it in mind tho i got you

it just sucks cuz i literally made it already like 3 times just the program dies when i save it lol
Old 02-03-2014, 07:49 PM   #84
PancakeBrah
SOBER

Battle Record: 2-5

Champed
- AOWL Season 2

PancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond repute

lol

uh-oh playing little malachi at this point

you sick bastard
And the ditch in the back road stop
Could you find me?
PancakeBrah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 09:38 PM   #85
Malachi
Negus

Champed
- Newbie Tourney VI

Malachi has a brilliant futureMalachi has a brilliant futureMalachi has a brilliant futureMalachi has a brilliant futureMalachi has a brilliant futureMalachi has a brilliant futureMalachi has a brilliant futureMalachi has a brilliant futureMalachi has a brilliant futureMalachi has a brilliant futureMalachi has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by uh-oh View Post

it just sucks cuz i literally made it already like 3 times just the program dies when i save it lol
good to know u aint totally ditch me i guess

http://camstudio.org/
Old 02-04-2014, 08:13 PM   #86
Malachi
Negus

Champed
- Newbie Tourney VI

Quote:

so i tried doing something lol
i used like a sample from either a kit or fl studio
and used a few sampled short beat patterns but i put my own basic patterns too

its weak tho the way i tried to switch is up
was the weakest part
oh my

https://soundcloud.com/malachi-thomas/serious-beat-1

Last edited by Malachi; 02-04-2014 at 08:24 PM.
Malachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 08:26 PM   #87
uh-oh
DA GOD

Champed
- Beat Battle II
- Beat Battle V
- Beat Bags

uh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant future

that wasnt bad at all for basically one of your first beats. i probably work the rest of the week but im gonna try and do something this weekend

downloaded that program you linked hopefully its better if not i'll find something
Old 06-08-2014, 04:02 AM   #88
Malachi
Negus

Champed
- Newbie Tourney VI

Lol but yo

Can we get this started up again @uh-oh you don't have to do all them videos if u don't want to. Just here for tips, a lil explaining when I'm stuck and/or critique if I do make shit.

But yea lol I prolly forgot mostly anything taught, dropped this but thought I'd pick it back up and work through out as soon as summer starts, as in today .

But yea wuss good?
Old 06-08-2014, 10:47 AM   #89
uh-oh
DA GOD

Champed
- Beat Battle II
- Beat Battle V
- Beat Bags

for sure man i can hit you with feedback/critiques

i'd like to do vids too, but making one to teach is complicated and difficult, i might just start recording me messing around, and then i can post those, and if you have questions, like whatd you do at 6:47 in the vid i can be like oh yea i did this, and this is why i did that

either way tho i got you bro
Old 06-08-2014, 11:04 PM   #90
Malachi
Negus

Champed
- Newbie Tourney VI

Quote:
for sure man i can hit you with feedback/critiques

i'd like to do vids too, but making one to teach is complicated and difficult, i might just start recording me messing around, and then i can post those, and if you have questions, like whatd you do at 6:47 in the vid i can be like oh yea i did this, and this is why i did that

either way tho i got you bro
word gon look thru this thread and refresh my mem on this tommorow
Old 06-11-2014, 01:16 AM   #91
Malachi
Negus

Champed
- Newbie Tourney VI

@uh-oh

is there anything wrong wit using like drum samples where it makes the beat for u instead of u makin the beat and maybe addin a sample to that

u got a file of just random chopped samples ?

so far all i done made is that simple 2 part beat. on the first 22 min of that video

been tryna figure out how to add the sample wit random ones i was findin but those even had drums so idk

Last edited by Malachi; 06-11-2014 at 01:24 AM.
Old 06-11-2014, 06:55 AM   #92
uh-oh
DA GOD

Champed
- Beat Battle II
- Beat Battle V
- Beat Bags

im not 100 percent positive on what you are saying.

if you mean like, the samples have drums in them. like you find a loop or chop for example, but there are drums in the background of it, thats gonna happen ALOT. the key is to chop with them, so you can arrange the chops so that when you do your drums, you're kind of playing along with the drums in the sample.

if that makes sense

if you mean using drumbreaks, like if you got a sample where there is a break like this

thats a classic drum break, the very beginning where its only drums has been sampled a billion times. example.

that track for example, has a beethoven sample, fur elise track for the piano, and the one bar break from impeach the president is the drums

there is nothing wrong with using a breaks drums. thats hip hop. when it all started, dudes would spin records, one record they'd be looping up break drums like that, manually just pulling the record back, and on the other turntable they could be triggering horn stabs, all live

when it got in the studio, it went to drum machines, which were terrible, but MARLEY MARL, started chopping breaks up, taking them one drum at a time, while others still just looped whole breaks

but word i dont know if this answers your question but hopefully it sheds light on something

im getting ready for work, when i get home i can give more examples

and give examples of samples, that HAVE drums already. like if that beethoven sample had drums, it doesnt but if it did, i'll show how a producer played his own drums over it to mask/disguise them

the good thing with hip hop is the drums are always in the forefront, where most genres of music you will be sampling, drums arent that up front in the mix, like in rock music, guitars and lead synths and shit are always highest in the mix, in soul music the drums usually slap, but strings, and horns and all that are mixed much higher

and just remember, the more time you put in, the better you are gonna get
Old 06-13-2014, 12:52 AM   #93
Malachi
Negus

Champed
- Newbie Tourney VI

Yeah im tryna get atleast one done by this weeks timee

i can never get used to oh u just startin out, its spose to sound like shit lmao

but word so what your sayin is i can use drum breaks instead of actually puttin in the pattern myself. i hate that yo like i feel like if i could do it manually wit my hand shit would be smoother lol its hard for to me to press where i want it

and like are there samples out there wit like one instrument was my main question cause i was findin shit wit like vocals or whatever but it had drums so it was messin up my own drum pattern that i had and i was tryna get my pattern to match the samples but it turned shit

so like somethinn like maybe just a good voice or maybe just one instrument likee a piano or violin

and where would be a good place to download it and shit idk if u answered this before butt how would u know which part ud want to chop from an entire song, im guessin somethin that really stands out huh but word im watchin this warbeat tutorial before i sleep. tryna figure out the basics of all the things i can use (mixer)

ive been tryin to make a kick in the door remake . i chopped the part i wanted a long ass time if not a year ago but idk how to do it cause like it either to long or doesnt repeat how i want it to
@uh-oh

edit: @uh-oh this edison to chop was actually helpful this time

idk why i feel like it aint do much the first time. but yeah ima try it out soon just been gettin on here too late n shit

Last edited by Malachi; 06-13-2014 at 01:22 AM.
Old 06-13-2014, 01:31 AM   #94
RD McFly
Plane Mode

RD McFly RD McFly RD McFly RD McFly RD McFly RD McFly RD McFly RD McFly RD McFly RD McFly RD McFly

Uh oh, I vill be downloadisting some of your beets.
Old 06-13-2014, 06:48 AM   #95
uh-oh
DA GOD

Champed
- Beat Battle II
- Beat Battle V
- Beat Bags

word do it up bro^

and malachi i hear you 1000 percent. there are absolutely single instrument type of songs to sample, like solo pianos, guitars, violins, its just difficult to dig for, but you can search for like pianists who release shit just playing the piano, alot of jazz has solo piano shit, alot of movies have just strings setting vibes you can take

as for sampling stuff that has drums, basically sampling actual full songs, with drums, vocals, and all of that, you gotta CHOP it up so it goes with your drums. i'll have to make a vid. thats really the only way i can describe it

but alot of the time you will work backwards, alot of producers do there drums first, then chop up a sample, but they have an understanding of how to chop with the drums in the sample. i chop first alot, and just think about the drums i would put overtop of there drums

like the down beat, like when the beat drops, is always gonna be a kick, you don't wanna start a chop on a snare (in the sample i mean. like you wanna take it where there is a kick in the drums in the sample) you wanna chop the snares too

its hard to describe i got that program working again i made a freddie gibbs thuggin remake i can upload this weekend too

i did it quick and its not perfect i didnt get parts of it right at all, but the main intro and main part of the beat is the same

that won't help with your problem with the drums really, but it shows you how a producer like madlib heard a sample, and how he chopped it
Old 06-14-2014, 12:54 AM   #96
Malachi
Negus

Champed
- Newbie Tourney VI

Quote:
word do it up bro^

and malachi i hear you 1000 percent. there are absolutely single instrument type of songs to sample, like solo pianos, guitars, violins, its just difficult to dig for, but you can search for like pianists who release shit just playing the piano, alot of jazz has solo piano shit, alot of movies have just strings setting vibes you can take

WORD

as for sampling stuff that has drums, basically sampling actual full songs, with drums, vocals, and all of that, you gotta CHOP it up so it goes with your drums. i'll have to make a vid. thats really the only way i can describe it

So you sayin if the sample has drums i chop off like the hits and then put it in the thing to tell it went to play them hits right? also full songs , could you give me like random songs to practice choppin/samplin

but alot of the time you will work backwards, alot of producers do there drums first, then chop up a sample, but they have an understanding of how to chop with the drums in the sample. i chop first alot, and just think about the drums i would put overtop of there drums

Word. a video is needed lol

like the down beat, like when the beat drops, is always gonna be a kick, you don't wanna start a chop on a snare (in the sample i mean. like you wanna take it where there is a kick in the drums in the sample) you wanna chop the snares too

its hard to describe i got that program working again i made a freddie gibbs thuggin remake i can upload this weekend too

dope

i did it quick and its not perfect i didnt get parts of it right at all, but the main intro and main part of the beat is the same

that won't help with your problem with the drums really, but it shows you how a producer like madlib heard a sample, and how he chopped it
did u give me a thing for samples like i cant remember but u gave me a file a long ass one bunch of music??

Last edited by Malachi; 06-14-2014 at 01:10 AM.
Old 06-14-2014, 01:18 AM   #97
Malachi
Negus

Champed
- Newbie Tourney VI

so im choppin the instrumental of i put a spell on you

like the horn but idkk the chops sounds wierd

edit: oh shit i got a lil some

lmao idk this proly sound shitty as shit

Last edited by Malachi; 06-14-2014 at 01:23 AM.
Old 06-14-2014, 01:26 AM   #98
Malachi
Negus

Champed
- Newbie Tourney VI

im making a soundcloud @uh-oh

its like 3 seconds cause i didnt even like put it as a song

just want u to peep what im startin out wit
eh

https://soundcloud.com/prophetmt/nc-spells

Last edited by Malachi; 06-14-2014 at 02:17 AM.
Old 06-15-2014, 05:00 PM   #99
Malachi
Negus

Champed
- Newbie Tourney VI

Up
Old 06-15-2014, 05:51 PM   #100
uh-oh
DA GOD

Champed
- Beat Battle II
- Beat Battle V
- Beat Bags

i see what your doing, your trying to do to much tho. let me give you something easy to loop and chop

your trying to chop and arrange individual stabs and shit which can be dope, but you gotta get the understanding of structure and all that down, how to incorporate it within the parameters of the program before you can just go in and chop all crazy with the mouse lol

its one thing if you got pads and shit cuz your playing it live from your brain, but in FL your playing to a scrolling light thing moving through time haha.

but word peep this

http://www64.zippyshare.com/v/4983075/file.html

i just came across that the other night. real easy to take cool loops/chops

like you can chop that into one bar segments EASY. 4 beats, basically the default size of the main screen, with the little boxes you highlight in the pattern. called the step sequencer.

but word worry about bigger chops that you can play drums too, instead of small chops playing with your drums

its hard to explain typing but play with that sample see what you can get from it

i'll help with any technical questions.

Tags
become one w/ buttplug, lower tier scissorfags, meth induced tutorial, stole swamp things walkman, the zen of sodomy and cake