Netcees  

Go Back   Netcees > Vault > Archives > Other sites' archives > B Boys > B Boys Weekly Battle League

User Tag List

Old 02-15-2018, 02:24 PM   #1
KempoMRK

KempoMRK has a brilliant futureKempoMRK has a brilliant futureKempoMRK has a brilliant futureKempoMRK has a brilliant futureKempoMRK has a brilliant futureKempoMRK has a brilliant futureKempoMRK has a brilliant futureKempoMRK has a brilliant futureKempoMRK has a brilliant futureKempoMRK has a brilliant futureKempoMRK has a brilliant future
Default WBL Mag - 29th of April 2007

Intro

This week wasn’t unbelievable, as we had some important battles that had no-shows in them, but it was ok. Not a lot of great lines, but the majority of people showed up. Fracture defended his title again due to F5TH Dawg no-showing, yet he signed out after due to his work schedule being very busy next week, robbing us of Fracture-Hensley part II. John Hensley vs Justify is happening instead to crown the new champion, so that should be interesting.

The Renaming & Bettering of the BAL
Now Known As: Contenders Battle Association

As Apex has taken over the job of modding this league, I thought that he should have a proper league, as opposed to something that is hidden away and never talked about. He will be doing mags for it, so that’s one thing that is instantly sorted, and it adds credibility straight away. The grading for the WBL will become harsher, but the competition and modding for the CBA will become better. So it’s not like you’re instantly doomed if you get booted. You’ll just have a cool place to sort out any downfalls of your battling.

Things That Annoy Kempo #1

#1 – Self Props

I really hate self props. Now, it’s not so bad when you’re actually dope, but then again, the dopest people tend to shut their mouth about that kinda stuff. But it’s when dudes who aren’t all that known blab about the fact that they’re great. I also hate how, when a person is modding a league and competing in it, they give themselves verse of the week and top punches etc. Now, I know a couple of dudes who will be reading the mag who do that, ‘n its not a knock on them, its just something that annoys me, and I personally wouldn’t do it.

And that concludes the first edition of “Things That Annoy Kempo”. Thank you for reading.

Battle Reviews

WBL Championship Match: 1. Fracture (11-1) vs 2. F5TH Dawg (9-1)

Fracture won via no-show.

WBL Contendership Match: 3. John Hensley (5-0) vs 4. Te Ora (7-2)

John Hensley won via no-show.

5. Justify (7-1) vs 6. J. SutherLand (4-1)

Justify took this pretty easy. He dropped pretty good. Had some cool lines in his verse. Sutherland’s verse lacked to me. Nothing in it stood out much really. Justify had a direct bar that I thought was nice, it was a clever personal. Style bar was good as well. Justify took it.

7. V. Vega (5-3) vs 8. Lethargic (3-0)

Vega dropped first and he had a decent opener. It coulda been worded so much better though, as the concept was a cool nameplay but it was worded badly. Apart from that he didn’t have much. Dude even used a hot bar. Lethargic had a Vega-Street Fighter nameplay that was good, I was feelin that. Cool bar. He didn’t have much else other than that though. Lethargic took it by a large margin.

9. N.Tavarez (8-3) vs 10. Mercules (12-6)

Close battle. Merc had that plan out your lines bar that coulda been so much doper, the concept itself was cool but he went at it in tottally the wrong direction. Happy ending bar was nice, that made me laugh, cool bar. Horratio was creative. Tav had the cores light bar, that was good, I liked that the best outta his verse. I've seen RC bars used against Corey before, so while it was good, it was sorta played out which made it hit less. Merc was more consistent so he took this.

11. Sound (13-5) vs 12. Roger Glocks (2-0)

Eh, this coulda been better than it was. I still thought it was pretty one-sided though. Glocks dropped bad to me. I don’t think he’s motivated at all. He needs to get out of the mindframe that he sucks, as that’s what he thinks, and jus start droppin the nice stuff that he did before. Yea, I didn’t like his verse. The sound bites bar was pretty decent though. Sound dropped below par but he still had some decent lines. The portraits bar was cool and fresh. Sound took it.

13. Dont Ask (2-1) vs 14. Pharoahe Def (2-0)

Ugh. Pharoahe’s rusty as a fuck. It’s clear that he hasn’t written since he was last in the WBL. I’m not sure if he’s motivated for this either. I hope he is, as I want to see him get back to the niceness that he used to drop, but I’m not sure if he is. His verse wasn’t great. Don’t Ask didn’t drop great either, I wasn’t really feelin anything in his verse. Pharoahe woulda won but he didn’t vote so Don’t Ask took it.

15. si-borg (2-0) vs 16. Automatic (2-1)

si-borg won via no-show.

17. Apex (3-1) vs 18. The Gunslinger (5-2)

Apex dropped ok but nothing stood out to me. His verse was reasonably consistent, but it was consistently average. Gunslinger dropped aight, he had a cattle bar that was pretty hilarious. Nice play on his gimmick, it was funny ‘n good. The rest of his verse was a bit better than Apex’s as well. Gunslinger took this pretty comprehensively.

19. Tek (2-1) vs 20. Phil Benjamin (2-2)

Tek won via no-show.

21. Bayou (3-2) vs 22. Malice (1-1)

Malice has a pretty strange style. It’s odd as it uses quite short lines and it still uses the 3 line steeze. Using the 3 line steeze is irrelevant if your lines are short anyway. So yea, that makes his verses read through weird. He had a mixed verse. Some played stuff, some ok stuff, some weird stuff. Bayou dropped a bit better. He had quite a few played bars but he still came a bit better. Bayou took it.

23. Kapernikus (7-6) vs 24. Deity (2-1)

Kapernikus won via no-show.

25. Axeshun (3-3) vs 26. Mr Marvellous (5-4)

Weak battle. Axeshun dropped first and I think he assumed Mr Marvellous was no-showing, as it wasn’t a great verse. Mr Marvellous didn’t drop very good either, but he was a bit more creative. He had some played stuff though, but he still took it quite easily.

27. Ancel (2-2) vs 28. Philly (1-0)

Philly dropped first and his verse wavered between weak and average. He had some ok stuff in there but some weak stuff as well. The harassment wordplay bar was good, pretty fresh bar there. Wording coulda been better but it was still creative. Ancel didn’t drop very good. Philly took it.

29. SMG (1-0) vs 30. Mount (1-0)

Played vs not great describes this battle. Mount dropped first and he had one of those weird verses. The type of verse that probably looks good to the person who wrote it at the time, then you look back on it like “ugh, that wasn’t as good as I thought”. His concepts just didn’t hit, they sorta strayed about as they were pretty dull. SMG dropped super played. Basically every bar except the opener has been used before. Especially the urine bar. Mount took it based on freshness.

31. TEF (4-3) vs 32. Sureloc Holmes (1-1)

Wasn’t feelin this battle. Sureloc dropped weak. He had a grave bar that was ok but it was sorta elementary, still ok though ‘n it was the best of his verse. TEF dropped a bit better. He started off ok but then languished into wack. Fracture bar was creative, but worded totally wrong. TEF won.

33. Eryk (1-0) vs 34. Richmond (1-1)

I thought this was a weird outcome as well. Richmonds style seems to be hated on or something. He dropped first ‘n his verse was pretty creative. He seems to rush his wording but it was an ok verse. I didn’t like Eryk’s verse at all, it was pretty terrible to me. Eryk got it somehow though.

35. Tebo (1-3) vs 36. Popcorn (2-5)

Weak battle. Neither had anything of note really. I think they both have potential though, but at the moment it’s exactly that, potential. Popcorn was a bit better though ‘n he took it.

37. Defcon_5 (0-1) vs 38. Ender (2-1)

Ender won via no-show.

39. FifthTEEN (1-0) vs 40. Wordz AhGod (0-1)

Weak. Fifth didn’t drop good at all, I didn’t like his verse. Nothing in it really worked to me. Wordz dropped a bit better, not by much, but by a bit. Wordz took it barely.

41. Red Hooks (0-3) vs 42. Murda Sho (0-1)

Ugh. This battle was terrible as well. Murda dropped first and his verse wasn’t good at all. Nothing in it that I liked. Red Hooks was the same. Murda Sho took it by a lot but the verses were quite close quality wise.

43. Poseidon (0-1) vs 44. Alamo (0-0)

Blehhh. This is torturous having this many wack battles in a row. Alamo didn’t drop good. He had some ok stuff but it seemed like he rushed as usual. Poseidon dropped awful. Really bad. Alamo won.

45. Diagnosis (0-1) vs 46. Mark Blaze (0-0)

Blaze started off ok then dipped pretty badly. He had a scalp bar that woulda been good but Sound used a similar concept recently. Diagnosis was pretty much the same. The battle was close and came down to personal preference but Blaze took it.

47. Out Writechas (0-0) vs 48. Yung Impression (0-0)

What a surprise, Out Writechas no-showed. I find it pretty hilarious how he applied for the BAL mod job. Yung Impression won via no-show.

49. Rhode (0-0) vs 50. Hitch (0-0)

Iono if dudes were joking when they voted for Hitch. I hope so, cos if not, then wow. His verse was awful. Rhode had a pre-nup bar that was nice, I liked that. It was 5-3 to Rhode in the end.

51. Ominous (0-0) vs 52. shinbits (0-0) vs 53. S.F. (0-0)

Close between SF and Ominous. Shinbits was out of it from the start as his verse wasn’t very good at all, I didn’t like it. SF dropped quite creative, he had an honour bar and a little league bar that I liked. Ominous had a spinal chords bar that I thought was cool. SF edged it though due to consistency.

54. origin (0-0) vs 55. Necrophagist (0-0)

Origin won via no-show.

56. Resin M-I-C (5-1) vs 57. RICHARD HENNESSY (0-0)

Slaughter. Resin said he wasn’t really motivated for this but he still dropped a decent verse. The valley bar was mad fresh ‘n creative, I liked that. The bumps bar was funny as well. The rest of his verse was okish. Hennessy dropped nothing, his verse seemed to be void of creativity. Resin took it.

Top Punches

ya skills is genetically lame & the voters is bored straight
i can't even picture you dope cuz all i'm seein is portraits

10. Sound vs Roger Glocks

i guess you're half decent, average; .. you even beat me when I was beginning
sure I’ll massage your ego this battle… but you aint getting a happy ending

9. Mercules vs N.Tavarez

Im hardcore like...How can I not break this punk off
When HIS cores light enuff to substitute what he get drunk off

8. N.Tavarez vs Mercules

You're a loser man, it's just somethin you cannot see.
Fuck habanero.. that's nothin compared to how many kids Picante.

7. John Hensley vs Te Ora

and were here to trade punches so i dont mean to rattle the bargain.
but Apex you lack haymakers to the point that my cattle are starving.

6. The Gunslinger vs Apex

You have no chance when I beat you to silence
Its mo of a 1 sided war then when I go commando & ya girls only bringin her privates

5. Fracture vs F5TH Dawg

..u Fake thug., ion care wat this greasy nerd brings.,
If QB’s take Bumps., ur acne can sideline a team thru da third string

4. Resin M-I-C vs RICHARD HENNESSY

I checked into this battle ready fo prime-time
You came in and said “16 period”.. why u quoting part of yo time line?

3. Fracture vs F5TH Dawg

..u aint street., this suburban punk yearns to be a hater.,
i’ll fuckn punch ur throat so hard ur valley accent turns into a crater

2. Resin M-I-C vs RICHARD HENNESSY

Dood ya egos dangerous enuff. U don’t need to bust a rhyme
His last power trip killed his mom.. thank god frac was able to get out da tub in time

1. Fracture vs F5TH Dawg

Best Verse of the Week

Fracture

The Champ Is Here

ayoooo
I checked into this battle ready fo prime-time
You came in and said “16 period”.. why u quoting part of yo time line?
You smelly as fuck & ya hygiene level is dead
Plus ya teeth Rot so bad you went for braces and got kennels instead
You have no chance when I beat you to silence
Its mo of a 1 sided war then when I go commando & ya girls only bringin her privates
Dood you crazy, and notorious to flip in a second
U got foam comin out da mouf, cos it came wit da box im shippin ya head in
Im known to meet a girl and finger bang her twat into danger
The only thing yo yellow ass can ‘point out’ is the important parts of a paper
Dood ya egos dangerous enuff. U don’t need to bust a rhyme
His last power trip killed his mom.. thank god frac was able to get out da tub in time
Im always catchin skinny jokes from my rap peers
Yea im a twig, & if u rope up anotha 8 like me u can float da rest of ya fam here
Jus anotha average writer lamas site admired but could neva be best
Im archived on yo site more than u,…. Oh and ps: I haven’t even registered yet

Battle of the Week

N.Tavarez vs Mercules

Mercules

just beat ya a few weeks ago.. think that smearing can be redeemed..
but this battle you'll drop the ball so hard, it'll feel like new year's eve
Frac claims ‘heads copy the first vote cast’ ..still ya dickryder cant beat us
cause nobody follows HotDogVendorMan.. unless they sling beers or peanuts
last verse was company names flips.. peeping commercials while he wrote
this week you didnt plan out your lines... ya must of watched a reality show
i guess you're half decent, average; .. you even beat me when I was beginning
sure I’ll massage your ego this battle… but you aint getting a happy ending
on weekends he searches for a girl that's right.. they all seem to cheat again
yeah, he's got a Horratio on Saturday Night that's bigger than that comedian
your skill is still in a fetal state and battling me will mark doom
just abort your style; it couldnt develop if you wrote ya shit in a darkroom
my creativity drips off the page.. you're wack and can hardly rap
so while i flow you write on dryer sheets.. like textcees in a laundrymat

N.Tavarez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercules View Post
friends turn into enemies, what the fuck u crackers tellin me-

^ LMAO @ a white guy writing this line

Quote:
yo lckdnlded,

hit me up on niggaspace, my screen name is Azrael

your a hypocrite so even though race quotes is trivial
Lmao at a white guy on niggaspace named Azrael
Im hardcore like...How can I not break this punk off
When HIS cores light enuff to substitute what he get drunk off
No credit established, this kid is so broke it hurts duke
Charge cards? he maxim out faster than the mags he jerks two
Magnified hits Sun, you'll kiss the dirt.... its over in haste
least u can use ya glasses to kill the ants crawling ova ya face
Quote:
yeah ill wear a balzer at a club.. i'll wear a suit mufucka
sorry i dont look like an uneducated broke piece of shit like you
His girl hate his fashion sense so him fuckings unlikely
He only blaz'er cuz he thinks it goes right with a white tee
U still with her kid...after Hens exposed her for a hood slut
Now she be drinking RC like she too cheap to buy the good stuff
I battled Frac with a key. U faced hensley w/ scarred lines
I lost a close one, you got wiped out faster than faulty hard drives
carbron

Winner = Mercules

Mag Battler of the Month

Fracture stormed to the top after dropping a cool verse. Hensley can still win this if he drops a dope verse next week, and with Frac signing out that is very possible. For now though, Frac’s firmly on top.

1. Fracture with 83 Points.
2. John Hensley with 51 Points.
3. The Gunslinger with 40 Points.
4. N.Tavarez with 35 Points.
5. Resin M-I-C with 16 Points.
6. Sound with 14 Points.
7. F5TH Dawg with 12 Points.
7. Te Ora with 12 Points.
9. Justify with 11 Points.
10. Kungfugrip with 10 Points.
11. Mercules with 7 Points.
12. Area51 with 6 Points.
13. J. SutherLand with 2 Points.
14. HotDogVendorMan with 1 Point.

Mag Battler of the Month is comprised based on the “Top Punches” and “Verse of the Week” section. Points are given for each. 20 Points are given to the battler who has “Verse of the Week” and 10 Points are given to the battler who has the #1 top punch, 9 Points to the #2 top punch, 8 points to the #3 top punch and so on. The points are added up throughout the month, and the battler with the most points at the end of the month wins a contendership shot, which can be used at any time the battler desires.

Moved To The Contenders Battle Association

Myself & Apex are trying to legitimise the league formerly known as the BAL. It’s getting renamed and moved to a forum of it’s own. As it has mags every week it is now a legitimate league, so you won’t be missing out on anything if you’re in it. That said, I’ve booted a lot of people this week as some new aspects are being brought in at the start of May. So I want a solid base to start May for both the WBL and the CBA.

Here’s who is being moved to the CBA:

Ender
Eryk
FifthTEEN
Hitch
Murda Sho
Popcorn
Poseidon
RICHARD HENNESSY
shinbits
Tebo
Wordz AhGod

Your first reaction is probably to think “OH FUCK YOU! No way should I be in there, I’m definitely good enough for the WBL!”. Jus calm down ‘n think about it. You’ve now got a chance to adjust, shake off the rust, polish up your style, work on having better concepts or whatever you’re lackin, in a good league with a good mag and a good mod. So give it a shot.

Predictions

WBL Championship Match: 1. John Hensley (6-0) vs 2. Justify (8-1)

This should be a nice and very interesting battle. When Justify first came about he was rumoured to be John Hensley, peeps flat out said that it was obviously Hensley under an alias. That rumour turned out to be completely false, but Justify has said in the past that he admires Hensley and he views his style as one that he has learnt a lot from. Hensley sees Justify as a student of the game and they both appear to have a mutual respect for each other. Last week Justify beat Sutherland easily, the battle was closed quite a few days early. He dropped a decent verse. Hensley got the no-show win against Te Ora as he had a busy week. Prior to that though, Hensley dropped a very nice verse and beat Mercules. Both will be motivated for this. Justify has had a title opportunity before, but he lost to Fracture. This is the first time Hensley has reached the title match in the new WBL. Who will take it? I’m going with John Hensley, its hard to bet against the man.

WBL Contendership Match: 3. Lethargic (4-0) vs 4. Mercules (13-6)

This should be a blowout. Merc dropped a decent verse last week to beat N.Tavarez. He only edged past but it was still enough to win. Lethargic faced Don’t Ask and he didn’t have a great verse. If Merc doesn’t sleep too hard and stays consistent then he’ll be in the championship match next week.

5. Resin M-I-C (6-1) vs 6. si-borg (3-0)

si-borg is an old head who’s been around since about 02. I believe he made a name for himself back then but then sorta languished. Mercules seems to admire him though, so while I don’t know much about him, it appears that he was a nice head. Resin is someone who everyone already knows about. He’s been relevant in the past, he’s been relevant in the present and he’ll be relevant in the future. Si-borg is still adjusting to the present it seems, so Resin will take this comprehensively.

7. Sound (14-5) vs 8. Dont Ask (3-1)

This should be Sound vs Pharoahe Def, but due to Def not voting Don’t Ask snuck in and took the win. Sound edged past Glocks last week with a pretty rushed verse as he had a busy week, he still had some decent lines though. Don’t Ask, like I said, woulda lost. Sound will win.

9. V. Vega (5-4) vs 10. N.Tavarez (8-4)

Vega is getting better but he won’t be good enough to beat Tavarez. Tavarez narrowly lost to Mercules last week, where as Vega got beat pretty badly by Lethargic. Tavarez will win this.

11. The Gunslinger (6-2) vs 12. Tek (3-1)

Gunslinger got back to winning ways after losing 2 in a row, to N.Tavarez and Justify respectively. Tek is ok but I don’t see him beating Gunslinger. Gun shouldn’t sleep completely though, as Tek may have the skills to surprise him if he does, but I still see Gunslinger taking this without a doubt.

13. Bayou (4-2) vs 14. kungfugrip (3-1)

kung seems to either: A. Sign in for one week and no-show or B. Sign in and win a few battles then no-show. I dunno what’s goin on with him. If he shows he’ll win, but who knows if he’ll show.

15. Kapernikus (8-6) vs 16. Mr Marvellous (6-4)

Marvellous is decent but if he wants to win this he’ll have to take time over his verse. Kapernikus could quite easily come up ‘n take it, but who knows. I think Marvellous is slightly more polished and more accessible to voters, so I’ve got him taking it.

17. Philly (2-0) vs 18. Mount (2-0)

Close battle, pretty hard one to call. I don’t know much about Mount other than what I’ve seen him drop in the league so far, and he hasn’t impressed me all that much. I think he has the potential to be nice though, it seems like he’s jus holdin back. Philly is ok, he can drop some nice bars at times but he often drops some weird ‘n weak stuff. As I know more about Philly I’ve got him taking it.

19. Roger Glocks (2-1) vs 20. Pharoahe Def (2-1)

2 years ago this would have been an easy win for Def. 1 year ago this would have been an easy win for Glocks. Now it’s a toss-up. Both have their drawbacks at the moment. Pharoahe is rusty. Glocks isn’t motivated. It’s hard to call, but I think Glocks will take it.

21. Apex (3-2) vs 22. Malice (1-2)

Malice is ok, like I mentioned previously though, there’s something strange about his style. Apex is more polished I think, so I’ve got Apex taking this in a close one.

23. TEF (5-3) vs 24. Alamo (1-0)

If Alamo half-asses then he’ll lose. That’s the fact of it really. A while ago Alamo was droppin some real nice stuff, lately, he seems to be faltering. TEF is ok. But I think Alamo will barely edge it as long as he tries a reasonable amount.

25. Mark Blaze (1-0) vs 26. Yung Impression (1-0)

Blaze dropped ok last week, Yung Impression got a no-show win. Yung appears to stay at the same skill level with every verse that he drops. Mark will take it.

27. Rhode (1-0) vs 28. S.F. (1-0)

Close battle here. SF appears to have more creative concepts, Rhode appears to have better wording. I think SF will edge it.

29. origin (1-0) vs 30. Axeshun (3-4)

origin dropped a rather strange verse last week, he’ll have to step it up this week. Axeshun didn’t drop his best last week, but he should be good enough to take this.

31. Ancel (2-3) vs 32. SMG (1-1)

SMG dropped a super played verse last week, it was painful to read, especially when its obvious that he’s more than capable of dropping a lot better than that. Ancel got swept by Philly. I’ve got SMG taking this.

33. Sureloc Holmes (1-2) vs 34. Richmond (1-2)

Richmond would win a lot more if he sorted out his rather sloppy wording. Iono how he lost last week though. Sureloc is elevating, he’s at an ok stage now but I think Richmond is better. Richmond to win.

35. Ominous (0-1) vs 36. Wise (0-0)

Ominous is ok, he has some good stuff at times it seems. Wise is ok, he has some good stuff at times it seems. I think Ominous has more of an edge to him though, Wise’s verses often seem dull to me. Ominous to win.

37. LG (0-0) vs 38. Profit (0-0)

Profit was around when the new WBL was first launched, he didn’t do all that much though. LG is ok. Hard to predict, I’m gonna go with Profit.

39. Alias (0-0) vs 40. Fell Off (0-0)

Haha, I love Fell Off’s name, probably the coolest I’ve seen in a while. It seems like he’s an old head from his name and what he’s said in his posts, so we’ll see how he does. Alias is pretty eh I think. Fell Off to win.

41. Chop Logic (0-0) vs 42. Titan (0-0) vs 43. magniff (0-0)

magniff is clearly a newb. You can always tell from how they sign up. So I expect he’ll either no-show or get moved to the CBA next week. Guess – Chop Logic to win.

Top 20 Breakdown

1. John Hensley (6-0)

Hensley has proved all over the net that he’s worthy of being champ in any league.

Should They Be Here? Yes

2. Justify (8-1)

Dude came out of nowhere and started wrecking heads. He’s done very well in the WBL so far.

Should They Be Here? Yes

3. Lethargic (4-0)

Ok head. But not deserving of a 4-0 record or a contendership shot.

Should They Be Here? No

4. Mercules (13-6)

Mercules is a former champion, and when he wants, he can drop fire.

Should They Be Here? Yes

5. Resin M-I-C (6-1)

Dude’s crazy with it. He’s worthy of any position in any league.

Should They Be Here? Yes

6. si-borg (3-0)

He’s often regarded as an old legend, but he’s still rusty and adjusting at the moment.

Should They Be Here? No

7. Sound (14-5)

Former champ. Seems to get better every week.

Should They Be Here? Yes

8. Dont Ask (3-1)

Fluked his way here. Shouldn’t be this high, but he got here due to his opponent not voting.

Should They Be Here? No

9. V. Vega (5-4)

Lucky to be this high. If people hadn’t of signed out he would have plummeted a lot lower than this.

Should They Be Here? No

10. N.Tavarez (8-4)

Tav came very close to becoming champion a couple of weeks back. He’s worthy no doubt.

Should They Be Here? Yes

11. The Gunslinger (6-2)

Gun is another head who came out of nowhere and started wreckin shit. He’s a nice head.

Should They Be Here? Yes

12. Tek (3-1)

He seems decent, but he hasn’t really proved himself yet. He needs to drop a big verse this week to prove himself worthy.

Should They Be Here? No

13. Bayou (4-2)

Another ok head who’s probably too high. He’ll also have to prove himself.

Should They Be Here? No

14. kungfugrip (3-1)

kung is nice. He could champ the league if he tried and showed.

Should They Be Here? Yes

15. Kapernikus (8-6)

Hard decision. He sometimes drops ok, but often drops bad. Elevates every week, but I still don’t think he’s worthy of this high.

Should They Be Here? No

16. Mr Marvellous (6-4)

A head who fluctuates between the top 20 and the lower ranks. He’s ok but hasn’t shown anything really dope yet.

Should They Be Here? No

17. Philly (2-0)

He tends to drop one nice line followed by a verse full of bad ones. Needs to up his consistency.

Should They Be Here? No

18. Mount (2-0)

I’ve got a feeling he can be good, but lately he hasn’t been.

Should They Be Here? No

19. Roger Glocks (2-1)

When motivated he can be nice. Barely a yes.

Should They Be Here? Yes

20. Pharoahe Def (2-1)

While he hasn’t been dropping nice and he’s super rusty, his name value guarantees that people think he’s worthy. That’s the unfortunate way of battling people.

Should They Be Here? Yes

Interview with Oneduh

KempoMRK: yo oneduh, how ya doin man?

Oneduh: fabulous

KempoMRK: thats grand to hear! so, text wise, what are you doing at the moment?
Oneduh: winnin this RBL tourney

KempoMRK: what are your thoughts on that tourney?

Oneduh: so far so good.. close to 60 people showed already.. with close to 10 more asking for extentions.. alot better than I expected

KempoMRK: is that enough for jeff to not delete the RBL?

Oneduh: he said 74 people needed to show.. but getting 74% of people in any tourney to show up is damn near impossible.. I'm pretty sure aslong as we come close, the RBL isn't going anywhere

KempoMRK: aight thats good. you're known as an RBL legend to most, and primarily as a RapMusic head. when did you first start on RM?

Oneduh: june 02

KempoMRK: did you hit up the RBL straight away?

Oneduh: no lol.. the RBL was so strong then.. I battled in the battle arena for a long time.. I remember battling 5-6 times a day lol

KempoMRK: daayum. how long did it take of that to reach a good level of skill?

Oneduh: I really didn't get good until 04 imo

KempoMRK: when did you first win the RBL title?

Oneduh: ummm

Oneduh: 04

Oneduh: once I got good, it was a wrap

KempoMRK: can you remember who you beat to win the RBL title that first time?

Oneduh: ummm

Oneduh: Imperial

KempoMRK: how do you rate imperial? some people think he's good, others think he's overrated

Oneduh: he was good back then, he's more of a mixtape rapper now, he can still come with some nasty lines when he wants to

Oneduh: http://board.rapmusic.com/showthread.php?t=744745

Oneduh: ^ our battle

KempoMRK: cool. would you say that period was your favourite time to battle?

Oneduh: yeah.. when I first started winning big battles against people like namix, richard corey, headless.. that made it alot more enjoyable.. got boring after a while though

KempoMRK: do you enjoy battling now? or do you do it more out of habit?

Oneduh: I still enjoy it to some extent.. but modding kinda took that feeling away.. it started to feel more like a job.. like I needed to show strong every week to make my league look good

KempoMRK: a lot of people regarded your modding around that time period as "crooked", mainly in regards to the modding combined with your championship run. what would you say to those people?

Oneduh: 14 of those wins came before I was even a mod.. & there was only 2 battles where my wins were questioned.. if you think 2 battles out of 25 consecutive wins is enough to discredit what I achieved.. especially after both situations were explained.. I don't know what to tell you

KempoMRK: those 2 battles were versus John Hensley and then versus ill nik-A. what explanation did you give for them?

Oneduh: this is gonna be long

Oneduh: lol

Oneduh: with Hensley..I was bitching to serge about how I shouldn't be losing, he read the battle & agreed, then said he was gonna get some people to vote on it, yeah, it's aiming for votes I guess, but if I didn't genuinly think I was winning the battle, I would have told him not to do it.. so he aims people to vote, then we got into an argument so he decides to tell hensley about him aiming for me.. Hens got pissed & said he wanted to sign out etc etc, so I said fuck it, I'll take the loss if that's how you feel.. closed the thread.. then later that night, hens hit me on aim while I was away, & said "damn man you shoulda let the votes ride out" when I came back & saw that, I assumed he wanted me to open the thread, so I did

Oneduh: I ended up getting the last few votes, he was ahead by a couple votes when voting ended, but didn't post his voting links, which would have gave me the win.. instead of taking the win that way, I only posted enough voting links to make it a tie, so we could rematch the next week & see who the better man truly was, but hensley signed out, we've yet to battle again

Oneduh: with nik a, he was winning the battle.. someone linked me to a thread on BW, where Nik was asking people to vote .. & sure enough.. 4 of his votes came directly from people who posted in that thread, who weren't even in the RBL, so I said fuck that, & aimed 4 people to vote on the battle.. I never told any of them to vote for me, they did that on their own.. basically I did the same thing Nik did, only on aim instead of on another site, yet I'm crooked because of it

Oneduh: I told you it'd be long lol

KempoMRK: haha. i feel ya. do you think that being champ and modding the league caused more complications than it was really worth?

Oneduh: not really.. it was the best league on the net, & alot of that had to do with the fact that it finally had a mod that wasn't gonna flake out like Lama or Oz, plus a champ that was going to show up every week & kick ass

Oneduh: I don't regret it at all

KempoMRK: do you feel you dropped some of the best verses of your text "career" so to say?

Oneduh: do I think my best material came in that run? is that what you're asking?
KempoMRK: yes

Oneduh: not at all.. the 04' me would have kicked my ass.. everyone else just fell off worse than I did

KempoMRK: what are the plans for the RBL after this tournament? i heard that DaTrusHurtz was going to run it, but that never happened.

Oneduh: Trus is a solid mod, I tried to get him in but Jeff didn't want a guy with 30 posts on the site being a Mod, which is understandable

Oneduh: as far as plans

Oneduh: it's really too early to tell until we see how this tourney plays out..

Oneduh: I will say though

Oneduh: this tourney has me interested in the league again, so aslong as the forum still exists after this tourney, the RBL will be poppin, regardless of what direction I go with it

KempoMRK: thats cool. so if the tourney goes ahead, then you'll be running the RBL as a league after it? will J-Nyce be helping?

Oneduh: like I said.. it's really too early to plan anything.. if the tourney is a success, maybe a league isn't the best option.. maybe a tournament league or something along those lines, we'll have to wait & see

Oneduh: as far as J-Nyce, Jeff told me he's only modded for this tourney, but that could change, I'm sure alot of that will be determined by how the tourney does, & he's been doing a great job so far with getting people to show etc.

KempoMRK: you and the RBL have been linked throughout the whole time you've been online. when dudes think of you, they immediately think of what you have done in the RBL. so, what else have you done? at other sites etc

Oneduh: lol not alot.. I was in some tournament on rip the mic back in the day, beat serge there, illnika swears I lost to him but I don't remember.. I was the first ever chamo of the BBL, other than that, I've never stuck with another site for more than a few weeks.. nothing seems to measure up to the RBL, if it isn't wack competition or mods, it's voting

Oneduh: not that I lost at other sites, but you can tell when voting is bad

KempoMRK: what's your favourite battle that you've been in?

Oneduh: probably my rematch with Scientz during my last title run.. he was one of the 2 people I lost to back in 04, it felt good to kick his ass & send him into retirement.. still waiting on that rematch with Calefaction

KempoMRK: what are your thoughts on calefaction? he was the man who held the previous RBL longest undefeated run record

Oneduh: Cale's dope.. I can't even say I should have won our battle, I was burned out from dropping 30 lines 4 weeks in a row, but he was too, that was during his 16-0 run

Oneduh: he kicked my ass.. I'm kinda glad he quit tho.. kid's finally getting his life together

Oneduh: now if he could only give up on rapping too....

KempoMRK: why do you think that?

Oneduh: that he should quit rapping?

KempoMRK: yea

Oneduh: lol.. he just doesn't sound like a rapper.. some people have the voice for the shit, & he isn't one of them.. neither am I, but I knew that & never wasted my time trying

KempoMRK: ah i getcha. who do you see as your top 10 text heads?

Oneduh: current?

KempoMRK: of all time

Oneduh: oh wow

KempoMRK: you can do current if you like as well

Oneduh: Meta-Sin(no, not metasyn), Epimetheus, Rudge, Resin, Fracture, Storm G, Sur, Dough, maybe Aloe & Ajax.. really, noone else belongs in the same sentence with those guys

Oneduh: as far as current, Resin & Frac of course, Butler & Hensley are the only other 2 guys worth mentioning, I'd put myself in their league.. not Resin & Frac's tho, atleat not all time

Oneduh: User if he wasn't so lazy

KempoMRK: what do you think makes the people you mentioned so dope?

Oneduh: alot of those dudes were writing shit 3-5 years ago, & even longer in Storms case, that completely shits on damn near everything you see today

Oneduh: I forgot to throw Sur in their.. aka Namix Sr.

KempoMRK: out of all those heads, who would you rate as #1?

Oneduh: MetaSin, no question

Oneduh: Rudge second

Oneduh: everyone else far behind

Oneduh: lol

KempoMRK: is there anything of MetaSin's archived? i dont think i've ever read a verse of his

Oneduh: yeah, it doesn't really do him justice though, his shit from UA was amazing, all that was lost though..

Oneduh: http://www.urbanprowlers.net/vb/showthread.php?t=7168

Oneduh: lol 1 verse

KempoMRK: ah damn, only one verse. what is UA?

Oneduh: Urban Authentics.. it was a dope ass text site back in the day

KempoMRK: word. anythin else you've got to say to close this out?

Oneduh: everyone, boycott the BBL, lama's gonna catch a charge slangin rocks to pay you fuckers

KempoMRK: lmao

KempoMRK: good interview man, peace.

Oneduh: werd

Potentially Dope

Alamo – He’s wasting his potential in a big way. Like I’ve mentioned so many times before, he was droppin nice as hell, then he had a break, now he seems to be lazy. Get back to your best man.

SMG – I really want him to start droppin tight like he does at Illesty. Well, he dropped decent a couple of weeks back, but he didn’t last week. Lets see if he brings it this week.

Top 10 Power Rankings

10. Pharoahe Def – He’s still holding on to a power ranking on the strength of his past. If he no-shows against Glocks, or doesn’t drop nice, then who knows what will happen to him.

9. Roger Glocks – Hm, Roger’s hard to work out. He’s not been dropping great lately, but he’s not rusty and he hasn’t had a lay-off of any sort. Therefore, if he actually tries his hardest, he should, theoretically, be able to drop tight still. Lets see if he can.

8. kungfugrip – Iono why dude no-shows so often. If he had a solid run in the WBL then he’d prove a lot. If he shows then he should win a lot.

7. The Gunslinger – Gun is nice. It’s funny, cos the first week he signed into the WBL I seriously considered booting him. He didn’t drop a very nice verse, but then the week after he surprised everyone by beating Nique. I see him shootin up the rankings after winning this week.

6. N.Tavarez – The dudes got skills and he’s only really shown them off to a bigger scale in the WBL. His LBL runs came when the league wasn’t at it’s hottest, and he won an RBL tourney when it was forgot about. So it’s cool to see him getting recognition now. Should jump up the rankings this week.

5. Sound – He’s a nice head. Dude always seems to bring a decent to dope verse every week, I think his style may have something to do with that. He elevates every week as well. Should get to the contendership match easily, then he’ll be facing Resin, which, well, could prove to be very tough.

4. Mercules – He’s still got consistency issues, but it’s clear that Mercs nice. One week he’ll drop so dope, the next week he won’t. It’s weird, and I think the werewolf thing is something that will stay with him, so we’ll have to come to accept it haha. I think he’ll be in the champ match next week though.

3. Resin M-I-C – I can’t see him not reaching the championship match. He’ll win his battle this week, then he has Sound, which should be a pretty tough battle. But.. RESIN NEVER LOSES. It’s crazy but very true.

2. Justify – Came out of nowhere and won a lot of battles. Dudes nice. Can he rise to the challenge of Hensley though? We’ll have to see. He’ll have to drop a very nice verse to do it.

1. John Hensley – Takes over the spot that Fracture has dominated for so long, and for at least a couple of weeks I see Hensley dominating this spot now. I think he’ll champ the league this week.

Outro

Some new things are gonna come in to the WBL at the start of may, which will really pique your interest and keep everyone motivated, so watch out for that. Some dope battles set up for this week and some potential classics are coming up. Vote, show and drop dope, that’s all you’ve gotta do. Peace.

KempoMRK is offline   Reply With Quote