Old 04-21-2020, 06:36 PM   #1
Inno
Ad mini tator

Battle Record: 26-54

Champed
- Lime Green Poetry Association
- Black August
- 1-2 Punch League

Inno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond repute
Default GWL WEEK 5 MAG: PROVING GROUNDS!

GWL Mag Week 5:Proving Grounds!

Intro:

whats good every one its your friendly neighbor inno here back with another magazine, week 5 to be exact! Last week was a complete success as far as who showed and votes. only one no show and 2 people didn't vote. it was a dope champ week to say the least. clut and adverse didn't disappoint as provided an entertaining well contested battle that saw Clutbuck edging out adverse 5-3 in the votes. Universe ends up besting dead man in anther epic battle. Uni ultimately captured a birth right to the tittle by edging DM 5-3 as well. Some other great matches as well like bodey vs blue which was BOTW tbh. This week should be just as dope as we got Clutbuck defending his title against Universe, a match that has been in making for a couple weeks. should be some fire works to this one. The new upstart scar has been on a tear and is looking to take a shot for the belt, first get through me GL. Week 4 picture challenge winner will announced shortly and check out week 5's challenge. enjoy the mag!!!

Mag help

if you want input on these mags feel free to PM me your ideas, always open to more help!

Topic choices

if you feel like you got some ideas for the Topics by all means share them with us.

Voting and no shows

this shouldn't be an issue as most of us are at home! from this week on im going to have to enforce a -minus count for every vote yo don't cast. we don't have that many battles and you all should be able to vote on every battle. if you no show and stay in for the following week you will start that week with a -1 vote count off the bat! also if you win by no show it will count against you in the RANKINGS. YOUVE BEN WARNED

WEEK 4 PICTURE CHALLENGE: REVIEW
By: Inno

1. Vulgar

Quote:
Death is here. Clearly.
It causes people to question higher power's wherewithal
Wind boxes are stifled. Empty seats at recitals
'Whodunit?' clues lead to a few dozen conclusions
No descent from here - slowly lowered into caskets of cashmere
Epitaph smeared from mud sprayed by hard rain patters
Marburg hemorrhagic - all burn. Better off cashless
Made it all this way just to pass like a thought
Stacked days. Volume set on casual. Just here.
They were just here. Adjustments to scheduled appearances
heart palpitations from the years
Guess it'll figure itself out. The goods and the bads
and the neutrals. Situations change.
unless you're inside the 'bible belt' of its effects
or mobius strip - "wait a sec!"
ok so this entry was a bit of a mystery to me. I don't want to assume but it seem vulgar is talking about the current deaths going on and who to blame. that's all that I'm gathering so far. I feel like V went a little to abstract towards the end and left it a bit to open ended. it mentions the topic in glimpses but doesn't give us a clear picture. this would be an interesting piece with longer length and no picture. thanks for the read.

2. Pharaohs Army

Quote:
Fifteen lines for you I'll try to do
Why is the sky blue?
What is five times two?
I haven't got a clue. How does lightning form?
Why is the sun bright & warm?
Too much outside the box; I like the norm
Why do tornadoes occur in some storms?
How does a ***tus go without water?
How did a nation send millions of Jews to slaughter?
Why, in some countries, are there arranged marriages for the daughter?
How do myths get started? Werewolves and vampires
How did the powerball lottery get to 700 mil?, And higher!
How does one diffuse the bomb based on the color of a wire?
Why is the President, a pathological liar?
And while we're at it, which caveman first created fire?
ok so I see army to the literal literal route and wrote his entire verse in question form. it was certainly an obvious but create way to get a reaction from readers. I gotta say I like when people take chances and go outside te box no pun. I guess my only minus for this verse is that the questions could of been better. Jews to slaughter, 700 mil n higher..those questions could of used more of those tbh.

3. Candy

Quote:
Ahhh ewe to chew silenced feeling lucky
The bulls been de-thorned and all mares are bucking
From lunch to lunchmeat the decisions buggery
Through each cupboard to cubby whats hugging me
A stutter of mind instead claim nor question
The food pyramid looking like a star pressed on
Inhaled incorrectly until all the knows fall
So instead i feed no flesh on the low cals
In a corner as an oddball on corn cobs
The modern war passed farmer and killed more crops
Yes the milk is sour and i'm the pussy to smile
Knowing with a curious thought i now have cheese styles
I like how candy jumps from serous to playful from line to line. its something to appreciate here. this bounced back and forth like I said which I don't know if it helped or hindered the verse as a whole. I'm guessing candy is trying to reference some type of vegan issue and having to go through it, losing. that's what I'm assuming to dot sue me lol. it was an enjoyable piece but the ending completely lost me.

4. Universe

Quote:
I come from humble beginnings, I never had lots of money enrich me
I struggled to make ends meet and just to punctuate simply
(How ironic someday that would be...) then it suddenly hit me
These people were from all walks of life, yet I planned on running this city
As a carny life isn't fair, but the underworld lifts me
How could one mind their business if one didn't know company history?
Hired goons die one hundred times, that's the trouble with sentries
No surprise underpinning my own prizes doubled my winnings
Went to a prestigious college at last; I'm too cunning and witty
Graduated at the top of my class, yet pieces of the puzzle were missing
Hunted out the biggest name in the industry, an intercom muttered a quick greet
I said "I have a few questions for your boss, can you think about buzzing me in, please"?
I thought should I don the cape and cowl? Maybe change my name to something with mystery... ?
Then I heard "Mr. Wayne will see you now, Mr. Nashton..."

... and I couldn't stop grinning.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Riddler
word this was a cool one right here. this one mightbe inspired by MMLP lol. either way this was a well written piece. the storytelling was spot on, read smooth. I enjoyed the create take on the subject and tbh it seems so obvious, well done on that. I don't see nothing wrong with this one, maybe the overall feel to it. its a good start to a story is what im getting at. so far though the most creative take in my eyes so far.

5. Adverse

Quote:
"........huh?"

I awoke into a nightmare, i tried to gather my thoughts and deeply breathe
A single light fixture above where i lay flickers seemingly winking me to secrecy
My eye rapidly examines my surrondings, the family pictures, the crucifix
An anxious wave submerges me as my mind panics asking "whose room is this?"
I try to muster all my energy, edge to the side of the bed but can't quite stand
Alas i finally find assistance in an old wooden cane resting against the nightstand
I get up and slowly creep to the doorway, I can hardly move
Find myself in a hallway, walls painted eggshell, i move cautiously like there's some on the carpet, too.
I push my way through the front door, rush down the walkway, my cane scraping the pavement
As soon as i reach the road i let out a yell "HELP ME!" In fear of my grave endangerment
I meet bewildered gazes ranging from amazement to worry to straight entertainment
But as I'm pleading and yelling murder from the streets..
Two bulky men run up and restrain me, my previous audience turns to retreat
I fight back try and bite and claw but my endeavors..
Are futile as they embrace me and tell me "Dad, we're your sons, you have dementia"
this one was interesting for sure. I like the take on the topic from adverse. it was clever and made for as good little story. from the pic you cant tell if adverse' verse does it any justice, but he did a beautiful job capturing the essence of it. the only fault I see is that its a bit sloppy with the wording. also not rhyming and then deciding to rhyme at the end was unexpected. fucked with the flow of the tale yah know.

6. Ender

Quote:
You clap for me now
It seems recently this disease is unceasing
Leaving numbers of deceased nephews and nieces increasing
But I've been piecing pleasing moments together in my grief
Finding brief fragments of hope that offer relief
And rebuild my belief that we can and should make it through
So let me share with you a tiny piece of British breaking news
It's a poem too, read by immigrants and minorities
Essential workers, many working for the health authorities
Gently noting the hypocrisy - a country who wanted them out
Now desperate for them to keep working, though safety is in doubt
But the poem wasn't about condemnation, but rather a plea
When this crisis passes, returning to normal aint that great for me
'Normal' is being treated like an invader in my own home
'Normal' is watching the commenters under stories like this foam
"More white people work in hospitals, fuck your lefty agenda!"

I liked what ender was starting off with here. I liked the wording and pace of it all. it had a subtle yet building tone. I mean tbh I liked this one from top to almost bottom lol. that last line was ok for me, felt like it took away more than give. it was good piece overall though. with a better ending this would of been my vote tbh.

WINNER:

ok so this week you guys determined who took crown. I think this is the best and fairest way to judge these. thanks to all of you who sent in a vote for this week. ok so after gathering all the votes through my pm's its a close one 4-3 to @Adverse over @Universe. thanks for again for participating and congrats to adverse!

WEEK 5: PREDICTIONS!
By: Adverse

Ayoooo another week is upon us! Super proud of this league only ended up having one NS last week and a lot of good battles! It was dope and I've got the bigger expectations for this week. With that being said, here's the previews for week 5

Clutbuck vs Universe (Champ Match)

This should be a good one. The seeds have been sewn, there's been a couple shots exchanged here and there and i think it was pretty inevitable that Universe was going to end up here from the jump. What's there to be said? Both writers are at peak performance, Lars is a topical legend on site and off, Universe has some HOF worthy stuff in the Open Mic Section but has yet to make a huge splash in leagues. Both squeezed out some close battles last week against good opposition, and both are very worthy to be Champion. I believe this one comes down to if Lars has the will to hang on to that belt against a very hungry Universe who is at the top of his game. I'm going to guess he doesn't retain this week and loses the belt, but there is very slim margin for error here and i wouldn't be surprised by it going either way. Close call but

UNIVERSE WINS 55/45

Inno vs Scar (Contenders Match)

Excited for this battle here. Scar is a fresh face who has told some pretty unique stories thus far into his league tenure. He's took down some solid opponents in MMLP and hal0 and deserves this chance. Inno might prove to be too much to handle for him though being a topical veteran. Inno has wrote quality material while juggling running the league and other ventures as well. I think if he is able to put the focus and care he needs into his verse this week, this will be a cakewalk. BUT Scar is the definition of a wild card, though stylistically he's not what we've come to expect from hip hop topicals, he can sneak in for a big win here. I've got Inno but don't sleep on the sleeper!

INNO WINS 60/40

deadman vs Objective

Two vets going head to head here! The prospect is pretty exciting. Both lost a couple heartbreakers last week but are still super talented writers with a lot to prove. Objective is a technical writer with interesting narratives, as deadman is a proven topical head whose pieces are always relatable, emotionally driven and have a very nostalgic feel to them. Excited to see this contrast of styles this week. Might end up being a toss-up but I'm going to lean towards deadman here i believe he has more to prove after losing in contenders last week

DEADMAN WINS 60/40

Ender vs Bodey

Good matchup here. Ender dropped a soild verse in the only no-show of the week (come on Rican lol) he showed off his narrative chops and conjured up some nice imagery. Bodey is coming off a huge win against Blue Bayou, after writing arguably her best verse of the season. She is a force to be reckoned with when she's in full form and able to give her verses the touch and attention they need. Ender, being a fresh face might be able to combat a Bodey riding high on a wave of momentum. I got her taking this handily.

BODEY WINS 70/30

MMLP vs Pharaohs Army

- Though I've had some qualms with MMLP's narratives as of late (or rather the monotonous direction he's been taking, not the content itself) whether he accepts my challenge and goes off the wall here, or just stays in his comfort zone is yet to be seen, either way he's no doubt talented and has a newcomer to the league in PA whose biggest problem is finding the motivation to write, but when he's motivated he's a force. This is going to be a slobberknocker if the variables line up, but I've got MMLP stealing one here, he's due.

MMLP WINS 55/45

Sinacog vs Candy

- Honestly though Sinacog has become the butt of many jokes on NC but He could be pretty decent topically. His narratives are usually decent and when he's not being a rhetoric rapper (a phrase coined by Blue Bayou) he can put decent verses together. Candy though is well-versed in topicals anda veteran, he's only had one battle in the GWL giving current champ Clutbuck a run for his money so this should fall in his favor. Though this will be an interesting one to watch.

CANDY WINS 85/15

Adverse vs brokenhal0

adverse is trying to bounce from a tough loss in the tittle match last week. this week I believe he will come with the force. I honestly thought he won last week but that's a tale for another book. hal0 looks to be picking up steam and ad cant sleep on the crafty veteran. this one should be a treat as both bring some unique styles to the table. looking forward to seeing what ad can muster up after a loss, and halo after not voting lol. I think adverse takes that loss from last week and uses it to motivate his writing over halo this week.

ADVERSE WINS 70/30

And that's the end of previews, here's to a great week! Hope everyone has a blast and continues to bring the quality to this league that they've been bringing.

Week 4: Reviews
By: Objective

Since I'm going to link each battle I'm not going to mention pics provided too much. For those interested, follow the link and check out the battles.

slecht vs @Ender - No-show battle but I got you @slecht! Not sure if I like that you've gone with 50 lines as the challenge and philosophy behind this league is 30 lines but hey, I enjoy longer reads and seeing how your opponent no-showed this is going to be good one.

First two stanzas are short, definitely makes it feel like the 50 lines won't be as bad after all. You start it off smoothly and create a great atmosphere from the get go. Breaking up the sentences and bringing it back with assonance and rhymes was cool. I do think it was a bit simplistic but it's the intro and you're doing it really well. Overcomplicating things is a trap I personally fall into a lot, less is more and it shows.
This entire thing read to me almost like an acid trip and the topic given it makes perfect sense the way you conveyed your story. Dialogue fit really well into it all and I enjoyed the read from start to finish. Looking forward to see more of your work as the league progress. Good shit. It's a shame you got no showed, hope people check out your submission cus it was well worth the read.

@MMLP vs @Scar

Eerie looking picture. Before having read the pieces I'm sensing a horror vibe coming along.

Clash of styles kind of battle and felt both did equally well on their submissions. Personally I might have edged it in Scars favor but that should not detract from MMLPs submission as I can definitely see why his would resonate well with readers. Loved the take and read from both and they caught the atmosphere I was looking for (eerie/creepy/horror/mental but not necessarily all 4). Pretty cool battle with atmospheric takes, dope showing from both.

@brokenhal0 vs @Objective vs @Inno

The leagues first three-way battle. I got to give respect to everyone for showing, brokenhal0s submission got a bit drowned in the threeway but his showing was pretty great, intro interesting and a cool take on the topic for sure. Inno's piece, albeit a bit later and asking for EXT after the two others have posted is a bit iffy but nothing can be taken away from the excellence that was his showing this week. Objective seems to have listened to advice and the voters have taken notice, after having talked to him about it he feels it has detracted a bit from more abstract ideas but that has definitely been a good call. Inno yet again shows he's a vet that knows how to attack topics given and take the W.

@Bodey vs @Blue Bayou

Interesting match up for sure, both know how to keep the pen moving and you can expect to see something different from them. The topic given reeks of an emotional take on Sisuphus, whether that's the route they'll take is what I'm getting myself into.
"the straw had broke the camel’s back inside a glass half empty" was a cool combination of phrases that painted a good image of Bayou's piece as a whole which was technical and great. Bodey's piece painted a common story of heartache a lot of people can relate to and catched the essence of betrayal and the topic given perfectly. I thought both did really great on this one, and as I go to read what voters has to say I can definitely understand why this one was hard to pick a winner on. Relatable emotions depicted from both, incredibly close and dope showings, could have gone either way. Emotional and heartfelt. Thanks for paying the image given justice.

@Universe vs @Deadman

Contender match! Things are starting to heat up in the league and this match up should definitely be a good one.

Universe keeps the trend going with chapters which I like, Dead Man with yet another strong showing. Damn, what a read this turned out to be! Both with unique twists and turns, one that's morbid af giving that Dance of the Devil vibe after reading, and another relatable with references most of us think of with nostalgy and a tight bitter-sweet story from start to finish. Exceptional showing from both and shows what level this league is at, both is hungry for that W, and it shows.
Not sure how you both managed to flip this topic the way you did but it was incredible to witness. Could have gone either way from what I'm reading and definitely a battle for the ages. Personally this was [b]Battle of the Week for me. If any of you haven't read this yet, go and do so, thank me later!

[b @Clutbuck vs @Adverse

CHAMP MATCH!!!

Yet another dope topic given and a cool match up for sure. Different takes on the topic and I laughed quite a bit reading through Clutbucks submission filled with math and science of how to decimate a childs dream with reason, lol. Adverses submission definitely paid the topic justice and had a more serious sci-fi alien take on it all which I dug. Definitely a dope battle worthy of being a champ match. @Clutbuck also gets my vote for Verse of the Week with his showing for being enjoyable, playful and all around good writing from start to finish. Adverse being able to compete with that is definitely something he should take pride in cus this was close af. Good fucking battle.

Week in Review: The strongest week of the league so far IMO. Everyone showed except 1 and @Ender's verse despite being no-showed was strong in its own right, too. Enjoyed reading each battle this week, y'all have some serious talent and I'm excited to see what Week 5 got to offer.

INTERVIEW WITH A VAMPIRE (Adverse interviews newly crowned GWL champ Clutbuck aka Lars)

First off congratulations are in order, props to you on yet another championship win. How does this rank as compared to others you've won, or do you value any championship no matter what league it's in?

FIRST OFF, THANK YOU SIR, AND SALUTE TO YOU FOR CONGRATULATING ME AFTER A LOSS. I RESPECT THAT! EVERY CHAMPED ACCOMP I’M ACCREDITED IS AMAZING, THIS ONE PARTLY BECAUSE I’VE COME BACK FROM A LAY-OFF OF SEVEN MONTHS AND PROVED I CAN STILL HANG HERE WITH ALL YOU GUYS - PROVING IT TO YOU GUYS - BUT ON A MORE PERSONAL LEVEL, TO MYSELF AS WELL. I WAS DISAPPOINTED WITH HOW THE TOPICAL SUMMER CLASSIC ENDED, IT SOURED THINGS SLIGHTLY FOR ME ON THE TOPICAL SIDE OF THE BOARD IN TRUTH, BUT THIS PLACE IS HOME. THIS IS WHAT I DO. I AM A PHENOMENAL WRITER AND I’M GLAD YOUALL GOT TO EXPERIENCE THAT AGAIN.

Who's your favorite active writers on Netcees? And who do you see as your biggest threat(s) as the season progresses?

I THINK THERE ARE SOME OBVIOUS NAMES OF THOSE ACTIVE, BUT MAYBE NOT IN THE LEAGUE. LETS ROLL OFF SOME OF THOSE TO TRY AND ENTICE SOME BACK. I’VE SEEN PENT UP POST RECENTLY, SELF ACTIVATE WAS READING OUR CHAMP MATCH I SAW, VULGAR GOT INVOLVED WITH THAT PICTURE WEEK THING. ALL SERIOUS WRITERS FOR ANY LEAGUE, ANYWHERE. IF WE’RE TALKING THREATS IN THE LEAGUE RIGHT NOW, THERE’S THE OBVIOUS NAMES IN DEAD MAN, UNIVERSE, BLUE BAYOU IF HE CAN DEDICATE HIMSELF LIKE HE DOES IN TEXT. YOU ALSO ADVERSE, PEOPLE SEEM TO FUCK WITH YOUR STYLE PRETTY HEAVY. JUST NOT AS MUCH AS THEY DO MINES ROFLZZZ I’M ONLY HALFWAY SRS WHEN I SAY THAT OF COURSE

Some of the newcomers may not know that you were the one who actually started this league a few weeks ago before Objective and more recently Inno (major props to him) stepped in to run things. Were you planning to compete from the start or just to run the league?

I ALWAYS WANT TO COMPETE, I’M SUPER COMPETITIVE. I WOULD HAVE DEFINITELY GOT INVOLVED AT SOME POINT. NO QUESTION. I WRITE PRETTY QUICKLY, SO I ORIGINALLY INTENDED TO MODERATE THE LEAGUE AND FILL IN ON SHORT NOTICE HERE AND THERE TO AVOID NO-SHOWS. I HAD THE FREETIME AND THE ABILITY SO I FIGURED WHY NOT? THE LOCKDOWN KIND OF BROUGHT THINGS FORWARD FOR ME AND AFFORDED ME SOME FREETIME TO PUT PEN TO PAGE AGAIN AND WRITE WEEK IN, WEEK OUT. IT WAS MORE OPPORTUNISTIC THAN ANYTHING REALLY THOUGHT OUT OR PLANNED. A WEEK OR TWO IN, I GOT THE CALL TO SAY WE WERE REQUIRED BACK AT WORK. LOL. SODS LAW IN EFFECT I GUESS. IT WORKED OUT WELL FOR ALL INVOLVED THOUGH IN THE END.

What's up with all the aliases? Is it symbolic? Split personalities? Or do you just like having an element of surprise?

IT’S AN INTERESTING ONE FOR ME, ACTUALLY, PEOPLE GENERALLY KNOW ME AS BARON FROM ALL OVER. WHEN YOU WIN AS MUCH AS I DO/DID THERE ARE PEOPLE THAT WANT TO SAY IT’S BECAUSE YOU’RE A NAME OR THAT YOU’RE DICKRODE AT YOUR HOMESITE AND BLAH BLAH BLAH. I’VE ALWAYS BEEN MINDFUL OF THIS, AND I’M A DETERMINED SON OF A BITCH WHEN IT COMES TO PROVING PEOPLE WRONG. THE LARS NAME WAS ORIGINALLY A THROWAWAY NAME I USED FOR A CASH-PRIZE TEXT BATTLE LEAGUE RAN BY SPITTHAT. I CANT EVEN REMEMBER THE WEBSITE NAME NOW FOR THE LIFE OF ME, BUT SO MANY PPL KNEW ME AS BARON I FIGURED ID TRY MY HAND AT A NEW SITE, IN THE TEXT BATTLE FORMAT, WITH A COMPLETELY NEW NAME WHERE NOONE KNEW ME TO SEE HOW I FARED. AND I WON IT AS LARS, SURPRISINGLY. I CAME TO NC AND RESUMED THE NAME, NOONE KNEW IT WAS ME ORIGINALLY, IT FELT LIKE A FRESH START WITH ME ABLE TO DO IT ALL OVER AND PROVE I COULD DO IT WITHOUT A NAME - BUT ON MERIT. I DID THAT, UNVEILED IT WAS ME EVENTUALLY, THEN I’VE STUCK TO THAT METHOD. I’LL TRY DIFFERENT STYLES, DIFF EXECUTIONS, THEY’RE ESSENTIALLY JUST ME TESTING THE WATERS AFRESH TO SEE HOW THEY DO. I’M CONSTANTLY REEVALUATING AND WORKING ON AREAS FOR IMPROVEMENT. THAT’S JUST ME THO, I LOVE THE CHALLENGE, EVEN IF ITS JUST ME CHALLENGING MYSELF TO DO BETTER. WORD.

What do you get more satisfaction out of? Winning a close battle, or completely blowing an opponent away? Votes wise that is.

IT’S NOT SO MUCH ABOUT THE VOTES AS THE FEEDBACK, FOR ME. THE END RESULT IS ALWAYS GREAT WHEN IT GOES YOUR WAY, SURE, BUT THIS QUESTION KIND OF FEEDS INTO WHERE I LEFT OFF ON THE ONE PREVIOUS. I’M A CREATIVE MIND, I INVENT THEN I REINVENT, I TAKE THE CRITICISMS ON BOARD AND I LEARN FROM IT AND ADAPT MY STYLE ACCORDINGLY. AS FUN AS IT IS TO COMPLETELY WHITEWASH A BIG NAME, IT’S LITTLE MORE THAN A FOOTNOTE IN TEXTCEE HISTORY. WHAT I WILL SAY IS THOSE BATTLES TEND TO DRAW THE MOST ATTENTION TO THEM AND THATS WHERE THESE PROFOUND BREAKDOWNS ARE USED TO PICK AT FLAWS IN EACH VERSE TO REACH THEIR FINAL VERDICT. THAT’S WHAT I LOVE THE MOST. THAT AND THE CHALLENGE, AS I ALLUDED TO EARLIER, IT’S ONE THING WINNING. IT’S A WHOLE OTHER THING DEFENDING THAT CROWN TIME AFTER TIME, YEAR AFTER YEAR AND NOT BEING WILLING TO LET IT GO WITHOUT GIVING EVERYTHING YOU’VE GOT. IN TERMS OF SHEER WILLPOWER TO WANT TO KEEP COMING BACK TO THIS AND DEFENDING THE FACT I’M ONE OF THE BEST EVER, I’M UNMATCHED. NAME ANOTHER GUY AS PROLIFIC AS I’VE BEEN FOR THE AMOUNT OF TIME I’VE DONE IT? YOU CANT. IT’S THAT SIMPLE. MY SUCCESS IS UNPARALLELED.

You're a literal textcee vampire, how long have you been battling on forums? And how much of this time has it been on the level you're currently at?

I’VE DONE THIS SINCE CIRCA 2002-3. I WAS ORIGINALLY A TEXT BATTLER, NEVER REALLY FUCKED WITH THE TOPICAL SIDE AT ALL TBH. I CHAMPED RAPBATTLES.COM’S LLL AND SS SIMULTANEOUSLY, WENT 20-0 IN BOTH, SIGNED OUT ON TOP AND LEFT TO JOIN RIPTHEMIC(.ORG?) AND LYRICOLYMPICS. THE REASON I MENTION L.O IS THAT IT A WEEKLY THING WHERE THE CHAMP GOT TO SELECT WHICH TYPE OF BATTLE HE FACED FROM THE NEXT CONTENDER. I ALWAYS LIKED THE CHALLENGE OF BEING WELL-ROUNDED ENOUGH AT BOTH TO BE ABLE TO BEAT ANYONE, REGARDLESS OF TEXT OR TOPICAL. I JOINED RTM AND THE STANDARD OF THEIR TOPICAL GUYS WAS INSANE, WAY ABOVE WHAT I WAS USED TO READING AT RB. I WAS IN A CREW CALLED “ORDER OF THE SHADOW” (LULZ) AND I WAS THE WORST. FUN TIMES FOR SURE. ANYWAY, I WAS THE YOUNGEST MEMBER THERE, WIDE-EYED AND FULL OF ENTHUSIASM AND WRITING REGULARLY WITH THOSE GUYS MADE ME WANT TO UP MY GAME CONSIDERABLY. I GOT IN A CREW WITH TRAP AND THA TALENT, TRAP WILL TELL YOU SOME OF THEIR INFLUENCE RUBBED OFF ON ME STYLISTICALLY FOR LIKE A YEAR PERIOD. I DON’T SEE IT SO MUCH. SORDSWINGA FROM 1999 REALLY SHOWED ME A DEGREE OF DIFFICULTY I CAME TO APPRECIATE, RIKOSHAY ALSO MUCH LATER ON. I HAVE A LOT OF LOVE FOR ALL OF THOSE DUDES. THA TALENT BEAT ME IN A CONTENDERS MATCH WHEN I WAS LIKE 12-13 YEARS OLD (LOLOLOL) SO THE WINTER TOPICAL WIN OVER HIM FELT HUGE FOR ME PERSONALLY. I FELT LIKE I AVENGED THAT LOSS FROM EARLY IN MY CAREER AND ALSO BEAT A GUY I OWED A DEBT OF RESPECT TO. A SOLIDIFIED TOP TIER, TOP 10 EVER, NC OR OTHERWISE. FANTASTIC WRITER. HE CAN BATTLE TOO, MOST WON’T KNOW THAT, BUT YEAH THAT WIN IN PARTICULAR PROBABLY MEANT MORE TO ME THAN THE DEADMAN FINALS VERSE. I FIND THE QUESTION ABOUT MY CURRENT LEVEL HARD TO ANSWER AS THIS HAS BEEN A GRADUAL PROGRESSION OVER MANY MANY YEARS, IT’S CONSTANTLY A WORK IN PROGRESS REVISED AND REFINED. I FEEL IVE IMPROVED IMMENSELY, AND CONTINUE TO DO SO, ITS ALL A GIANT LEARNING CURVE I APPEAR TO BE ON THE UPWARD SWING OF

What do you hope to accomplish in the rest of your topical/battling career? Is there uncharted territory to conquer for Lars? Or is it just for shits and giggles at this point?

DEFINITELY NOT SHITS AND GIGGLES. I TAKE MY WRITING VERY SERIOUSLY. I’M SUPER COMPETITIVE, I DONT TAKE PART TO PHONE IT IN. I’M HERE TO WIN AND TO CEMENT MY LEGACY AS ONE OF THE GREATEST EVER. I MIGHT HAVE WON THE LEAGUE CHAMPIONSHIP, BUT THATS JUST THE BEGINNING. I’M NOWHERE NEAR FINISHED YET. I’M YOUNG, I’M HUNGRY, AND THERE’S PLENTY MORE IN THE OLD TANK YET. UNFORTUNATELY FOR UNIVERSE...

Thanks for your time Lars! We appreciate it and wish you the best of luck this week in retaining your belt.

OUTRO

ok folks that's it for this weeks mag. big thanks to @Adverse and @Objective for their help. these mags are going to keep getting better if you guys keep this up. last week was super dope, every one showed and voted. in these times couldn't ask for a better result to week. thank you to everyone and I hope you enjoyed the read. lets make week 5 just as dope. pz

Last edited by Adverse; 04-22-2020 at 12:17 PM.
Old 04-21-2020, 06:44 PM   #2
Pharaohs Army
Banned

Battle Record: 6 - 14

Pharaohs Army has a brilliant futurePharaohs Army has a brilliant futurePharaohs Army has a brilliant futurePharaohs Army has a brilliant futurePharaohs Army has a brilliant futurePharaohs Army has a brilliant futurePharaohs Army has a brilliant futurePharaohs Army has a brilliant futurePharaohs Army has a brilliant futurePharaohs Army has a brilliant futurePharaohs Army has a brilliant future

Thanks
Old 04-21-2020, 07:14 PM   #3
Blue Bayou
Ukrainian Howlitzers

Battle Record: 41-24

Accomplishments
- Hall of Fame

Champed
- NBL Season 3
- Alias Tournament II
- Fight Night XLVIII
- Fight Night XXV
- Fight Night XV
- Fight Night (3x)
- Netcees Battle League (4x)
- NBL Tag Team Season 3
- Lyric Olympics
- 1-2 Punch League (3x)
- Battle Arena League (2x)
- Key Grand Prix 2018 1/2
- BA Tag
- NPL Roast
- Netcees Pic League

Blue Bayou has a brilliant futureBlue Bayou has a brilliant futureBlue Bayou has a brilliant futureBlue Bayou has a brilliant futureBlue Bayou has a brilliant futureBlue Bayou has a brilliant futureBlue Bayou has a brilliant futureBlue Bayou has a brilliant futureBlue Bayou has a brilliant futureBlue Bayou has a brilliant futureBlue Bayou has a brilliant future

Awesome job as always Inno

Cool mag
-kungfugrip
Old 04-21-2020, 07:17 PM   #4
dead man
living

Battle Record: 33-18

Accomplishments
- Hall of Fame

Champed
- AOWL Season 1
- Art of Writing League
- AOWL Season 4
- Write Week V
- GWL Season 1

dead man has a brilliant futuredead man has a brilliant futuredead man has a brilliant futuredead man has a brilliant futuredead man has a brilliant futuredead man has a brilliant futuredead man has a brilliant futuredead man has a brilliant futuredead man has a brilliant futuredead man has a brilliant futuredead man has a brilliant future

Awesome thanks guys, good shit

Suggestion for upcoming mags: interviews and power rankings
Old 04-21-2020, 07:19 PM   #5
Inno
Ad mini tator

Champed
- Black August
- 1-2 Punch League

Inno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dead man View Post

Word we have an interview in the works now. And thanks for the power rankings suggestion perfect timing and next week is officially mid season.
Old 04-21-2020, 07:23 PM   #6
Adverse
low tide in serotonin bay

Battle Record: 37-28

Champed
- GWL Picture Challenge
- Guerrilla Writing League
- Black August II

Adverse has a brilliant futureAdverse has a brilliant futureAdverse has a brilliant futureAdverse has a brilliant futureAdverse has a brilliant futureAdverse has a brilliant futureAdverse has a brilliant futureAdverse has a brilliant futureAdverse has a brilliant futureAdverse has a brilliant futureAdverse has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by dead man View Post

I have an interview with Lars pending atm we tried to get it together before the mag dropped but didn't, might edit it in once it's done or tack it in as a special issue idk yet, i like the idea of power rankings think we did them last week? Definitely something that should reoccurring probably was just overlooked

Dope mag we put together thanks for all your hard work @Inno and @Objective, and thanks to everyone who voted for me in the Pic Challenge I'm humbled and glad you all enjoyed
Old 04-21-2020, 08:02 PM   #7
Candy
Sell Her

Battle Record: 1-3

Candy has a brilliant futureCandy has a brilliant futureCandy has a brilliant futureCandy has a brilliant futureCandy has a brilliant futureCandy has a brilliant futureCandy has a brilliant futureCandy has a brilliant futureCandy has a brilliant futureCandy has a brilliant futureCandy has a brilliant future

really dope mag thanks.. keep up the good work..

Old 04-21-2020, 08:12 PM   #8
Universe
Everything's Connected

Battle Record: 19-8

Champed
- Guerrilla Writing League(2x)
- GWL Picture challenge(2x)
- Art of Writing League

Universe has a brilliant futureUniverse has a brilliant futureUniverse has a brilliant futureUniverse has a brilliant futureUniverse has a brilliant futureUniverse has a brilliant futureUniverse has a brilliant futureUniverse has a brilliant futureUniverse has a brilliant futureUniverse has a brilliant futureUniverse has a brilliant future

Great mag all. Loved it as always. I like the interview and power ranking ideas... I personally would like to see @dead man interviewed first... guy seems like a zen master of calm...plus he's the most naturally gifted writer on this site. Let's find out what makes him tick...

Gratz to @Adverse on the pic challenge victory... but I admit I'm bummed my Riddler origin piece didn't win... I wish I had 50 lines to tell that story... Thanks for the votes regardless.

I feel Adverse should be champ right now so in the end I'm glad he got this accomp on his resume.
Old 04-21-2020, 09:55 PM   #9
Ender

Battle Record: 5-12

Ender has a brilliant futureEnder has a brilliant futureEnder has a brilliant futureEnder has a brilliant futureEnder has a brilliant futureEnder has a brilliant futureEnder has a brilliant futureEnder has a brilliant futureEnder has a brilliant futureEnder has a brilliant futureEnder has a brilliant future

Great mag! Good job everyone. Congrats to Clutbuck for champing and Adverse for taking the pic battle. I'm really enjoying the pic battle each week. I tend to always go too long, so it's an interesting challenge to keep it concise.

I'm amazed by there being only one no-show. That's a good sign for the league!
Old 04-22-2020, 02:13 AM   #10
Diablo
Badgerdick

Battle Record: 11-2

Champed
- Art of Writing League

Diablo has a brilliant futureDiablo has a brilliant futureDiablo has a brilliant futureDiablo has a brilliant futureDiablo has a brilliant futureDiablo has a brilliant futureDiablo has a brilliant futureDiablo has a brilliant futureDiablo has a brilliant futureDiablo has a brilliant futureDiablo has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adverse View Post
I have an interview with Lars pending atm we tried to get it together before the mag dropped but didn't, might edit it in once it's done or tack it in as a special issue idk yet, i like the idea of power rankings think we did them last week? Definitely something that should reoccurring probably was just overlooked

Dope mag we put together thanks for all your hard work @Inno and @Objective, and thanks to everyone who voted for me in the Pic Challenge I'm humbled and glad you all enjoyed
I’ve PM’d you my interview segment
Old 04-22-2020, 10:23 AM   #11
Adverse

Champed
- GWL Picture Challenge
- Black August II

Adverse has a brilliant futureAdverse has a brilliant futureAdverse has a brilliant futureAdverse has a brilliant futureAdverse has a brilliant futureAdverse has a brilliant futureAdverse has a brilliant futureAdverse has a brilliant futureAdverse has a brilliant futureAdverse has a brilliant futureAdverse has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Universe View Post
Gratz to @Adverse on the pic challenge victory... but I admit I'm bummed my Riddler origin piece didn't win... I wish I had 50 lines to tell that story... Thanks for the votes regardless.

I feel Adverse should be champ right now so in the end I'm glad he got this accomp on his resume.
Humbled to hear you say that bud, i really liked your riddler piece and was rooting for it. Great way to spin the topic!
Old 04-22-2020, 11:02 AM   #12
Inno
Ad mini tator

Champed
- Black August
- 1-2 Punch League

All accomps have been added
Old 04-22-2020, 12:20 PM   #13
Adverse

Champed
- GWL Picture Challenge
- Black August II

Lars Interview now added thanks for your time sir @Diablo @Inno @Candy @deadman @Bodey @Universe @brokenhal0 @MMLP @Scar @Ender @Pharaohs Army @Sinacog @Objective enjoy
Old 04-22-2020, 12:35 PM   #14
Diablo
Badgerdick

Champed
- Art of Writing League

Diablo has a brilliant futureDiablo has a brilliant futureDiablo has a brilliant futureDiablo has a brilliant futureDiablo has a brilliant futureDiablo has a brilliant futureDiablo has a brilliant futureDiablo has a brilliant futureDiablo has a brilliant futureDiablo has a brilliant futureDiablo has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inno View Post
All accomps have been added
to my sraL account plz
Old 04-22-2020, 01:19 PM   #15
Universe
Everything's Connected

Champed
- Art of Writing League

Universe has a brilliant futureUniverse has a brilliant futureUniverse has a brilliant futureUniverse has a brilliant futureUniverse has a brilliant futureUniverse has a brilliant futureUniverse has a brilliant futureUniverse has a brilliant futureUniverse has a brilliant futureUniverse has a brilliant futureUniverse has a brilliant future

Great interview! Poignant questions and some very eye-opening responses. @Diablo I wish you presented yourself in this fashion on the board more often... I found myself bewilderingly respecting your past accomplishments and your passion for this.

That said, as we've previously discussed before, there are levels to this shit... I'm ready to go when you are, "champ"...
Old 04-22-2020, 01:29 PM   #16
Inno
Ad mini tator

Champed
- Black August
- 1-2 Punch League

I’ll see you next week UNI
Old 04-22-2020, 01:42 PM   #17
Universe
Everything's Connected

Champed
- Art of Writing League

Quote:
Love the confidence bro. Don't look passed Scar though...
Old 04-22-2020, 03:17 PM   #18
Scar

Battle Record: 7-5

Champed

Scar has a brilliant futureScar has a brilliant futureScar has a brilliant futureScar has a brilliant futureScar has a brilliant futureScar has a brilliant futureScar has a brilliant futureScar has a brilliant futureScar has a brilliant futureScar has a brilliant futureScar has a brilliant future

Quote:
lulz

very nice.
Old 04-22-2020, 03:45 PM   #19
Diablo
Badgerdick

Champed
- Art of Writing League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Universe View Post
Great interview! Poignant questions and some very eye-opening responses. @Diablo I wish you presented yourself in this fashion on the board more often... I found myself bewilderingly respecting your past accomplishments and your passion for this.

That said, as we've previously discussed before, there are levels to this shit... I'm ready to go when you are, "champ"...
I’m also ready. Post up.
Old 04-22-2020, 03:50 PM   #20
Scar

Battle Record: 7-5

Champed

Scar has a brilliant futureScar has a brilliant futureScar has a brilliant futureScar has a brilliant futureScar has a brilliant futureScar has a brilliant futureScar has a brilliant futureScar has a brilliant futureScar has a brilliant futureScar has a brilliant futureScar has a brilliant future

im writing for the picture. how should i rhyme castellated abbey?